Create Account

PT Affiliation

08-23-2018, 05:47 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-23-2018, 12:28 AMReynolds Wrote: As someone who can be more active elsewhere, this is great. SHL is probably my number 1 league so doing my PT's here just makes contributing to another league that much more a reality.

You guys have to stop feeding jRuutu though. He will never be for things that help leagues grow or for things that appear "lazy" which is ironic because he is pretty lazy himself.

And still as a lazy user, I have been able to survive the grueling task of doing PT`s in SHL. Don´t you think it´s funny how a lazy user can do the PT´s, but so many users by the sound of it just don´t have what it takes to do them, they run to the streets to celebrate PT affiliation like this. If I´m lazy, what are those users?

Since you are a veteran sim league user, why is it silly to ask to be able to claim TPE from PT´s on SHL if I go out for 1 h run. You are now able to claim TPE from PT´s on SHL by doing something on some other league, what both examples have in common is this: We both do nothing for PT´s on SHL to get the TPE. Surely it´s just as good or maybe even better to go out for 1 hour run, going to be much more calm and overall feel better, only going to increase the chance of writing media articles and taking part in discussions on SHL?
Did you really just tell me it is wrong for someone to be able to go out and run for an hour and still be able to be a productive, active member of a site? To me it's not a one or the other scenario. This attracts people who want to have the best of both worlds.

The way you've seen things in the past are that you are either in sim leagues or your not, you cant be toes into the water but not fully submersed. That's a somewhat old school or backwards mentality. The day you come around into waking up to how leagues are run now, is the day a smile is put on several faces. Lighten up, this ruling isn't a dick; so don't take it that hard.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

08-23-2018, 10:19 AMNUCK Wrote:
08-23-2018, 09:04 AMTlk742 Wrote:
08-23-2018, 02:28 AMNUCK Wrote:
08-23-2018, 12:46 AMKeygan Wrote:
08-23-2018, 12:39 AMNUCK Wrote: This is just fucking stupid.

Why do we need 3 PT teams? Lets just let the SHL take care of it.

Why even 3 sites? the idea is to make every different league as similar as the next.

Fuck it, lets just merge the 3 sports and make up a new ome so everyone is happy.

Updating and claiming AC's is now to much work, free TPE to all!

Sad you cant have the most TPE while only spending 20seconds a week on the site? NP HO now offers no work progression!! Just smile and collect 1000TPE for your Hockball Glove league`!!!!!

I liked you better as an inactive

You want to know the honest truth?

I came back to SHL, ashamed of my behavior and actions resulting in my departure. I had full faith I could stay in the shadows, do my thing and not make a scene.

But days after my return the league lays this idiotic plan out for us. Yeah fuck that, I whole heartily disagree with this decision.

I enjoy different leagues for different reasons, combing them takes away from each ones uniqueness. I know nothing i actually say is taken with an seriousness at this point in my time here. But I cant help but share my opinion of a league I have spent so many hours on.

PS. I dont like you much either

Hey Nuck, you may not remember me, I was a WR in NSFL s2 for the Wraiths while you were still a semi-active RB there.  If you do not know, I also am no longer on the Wraiths.  Neither here nor there.  

I do, and maybe this is me, find it hilarious that that a guy who decided he was stretched too thin in s2 of the NSFL and had to step down complaining about a method that helps mitigate the problem of burnout.

This doesn't remove the need for money to buy equipment and weekly trainings.  It does however, allow players to be active or semi-active in multiple leagues.  We all have lives.  My wife is right in that I spend a little too much time with the sim sports world, so I'm all for having an easier workload.

No one, and I mean, no one probably reads all the points tasks, they don't get the views of the media.  Nor should they.  The community doesn't talk about PTs unless it's a specific one.  We care about the sim, the results, and the community in and outside the locker room.  This is looking for an issue where there is none.

I do remember you, how have you been?

You are correct I did step down and hand over the Wraiths, stating I didnt have time for it. Although what I didnt tell you was that I was dealing with health issues that are still nagging me. Neither did I make it public knowledge that I felt out of my league when it came to knowing the game and its strategies. I felt the team was in much more capable hands by giving it to people who know the game.

As far as protecting PT's, I am not, nor was I. But I do want to see them kept as they are in their own respected sites.
This is one of those spots where I can say "If you dont like it, you dont have to stay here?" because at this point it's just old man yelling at cloud.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

08-24-2018, 03:38 PMReynolds Wrote:
08-23-2018, 05:47 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-23-2018, 12:28 AMReynolds Wrote: As someone who can be more active elsewhere, this is great. SHL is probably my number 1 league so doing my PT's here just makes contributing to another league that much more a reality.

You guys have to stop feeding jRuutu though. He will never be for things that help leagues grow or for things that appear "lazy" which is ironic because he is pretty lazy himself.

And still as a lazy user, I have been able to survive the grueling task of doing PT`s in SHL. Don´t you think it´s funny how a lazy user can do the PT´s, but so many users by the sound of it just don´t have what it takes to do them, they run to the streets to celebrate PT affiliation like this. If I´m lazy, what are those users?

Since you are a veteran sim league user, why is it silly to ask to be able to claim TPE from PT´s on SHL if I go out for 1 h run. You are now able to claim TPE from PT´s on SHL by doing something on some other league, what both examples have in common is this: We both do nothing for PT´s on SHL to get the TPE. Surely it´s just as good or maybe even better to go out for 1 hour run, going to be much more calm and overall feel better, only going to increase the chance of writing media articles and taking part in discussions on SHL?
Did you really just tell me it is wrong for someone to be able to go out and run for an hour and still be able to be a productive, active member of a site? To me it's not a one or the other scenario. This attracts people who want to have the best of both worlds.

The way you've seen things in the past are that you are either in sim leagues or your not, you cant be toes into the water but not fully submersed. That's a somewhat old school or backwards mentality. The day you come around into waking up to how leagues are run now, is the day a smile is put on several faces. Lighten up, this ruling isn't a dick; so don't take it that hard.

What I meant was that if I do ´work´, why does that work has to be on a sim league? Now users can claim work done in some other league here on SHL. If I go out for run and claim TPE for it = nothing happens in SHL, if I claim TPE on SHL that I have worked for in some other league = nothing happens in SHL - they both feel about the same when talking about doing something on SHL.

I´m offended by that last line, are you suggesting that there is something wrong with taking hard dicks?

08-21-2018, 04:55 PMToeDragon84 Wrote: I wanna see someone pretend to be somebody else on a different site every week

Pick someone and link their stuff for free ya feel

but this is what you do Hmm

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

08-22-2018, 09:39 AMEvok Wrote:
[Image: Untitled.png]

this post will stand the test of time

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Gotta watch out for those inferior leagues and their snakes coming to ride the SHL's successful coattails. What do those other leagues really have to offer that the SHL hasn't yet perfected already?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/301470556

[Image: L3tGU51.png]

32 pages? jeeebus

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-24-2018, 11:29 PMtimeconsumer Wrote: Gotta watch out for those inferior leagues and their snakes coming to ride the SHL's successful coattails. What do those other leagues really have to offer that the SHL hasn't yet perfected already?

For real though that draft was awesome, you could go into commentating as a career.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-24-2018, 11:29 PMtimeconsumer Wrote: Gotta watch out for those inferior leagues and their snakes coming to ride the SHL's successful coattails. What do those other leagues really have to offer that the SHL hasn't yet perfected already?

That really is a fucking awesome draft video man.

Also wtf, how is this thread still going?

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

[Image: kids-ants.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 12:12 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Wallys last 2 point tasks have been quite interesting... especially this last one where it involved talking about the history of the league. i found it ashame that when going back to read everyones answers it was flooded with welfare links. I guess that can be looked at as a positive..but for me it felt like a real missed oppertunity for the league to teach, honor and celebrate its rich history through this task.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

09-16-2018, 12:09 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Wallys last 2 point tasks have been quite interesting... especially this last one where it involved talking about the history of the league. i found it ashame that when going back to read everyones answers it was flooded with welfare links. I guess that can be looked at as a positive..but for me it felt like a real missed oppertunity for the league to teach, honor and celebrate its rich history through this task.

As someone who filed through the point tasks to see if I was mentioned, even with the affiliation program there were a lot of great submissions and contributions.

And honestly, if you are looking at PTs for showing the history of the league, you are looking in the wrong threads. And if most people are doing that, we need to re-evaluate the organization of the site and what information we have available about previous eras.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 12:44 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

09-16-2018, 12:32 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
09-16-2018, 12:09 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Wallys last 2 point tasks have been quite interesting... especially this last one where it involved talking about the history of the league. i found it ashame that when going back to read everyones answers it was flooded with welfare links. I guess that can be looked at as a positive..but for me it felt like a real missed oppertunity for the league to teach, honor and celebrate its rich history through this task.

As someone who filed through the point tasks to see if I was mentioned, even with the affiliation program there were a lot of great submissions and contributions.

And honestly, if you are looking at PTs for showing the history of the league, you are looking in the wrong threads. And if most people are doing that, we need to re-evaluate the organization of the site and what information we have available about previous eras.

Hi Argar,

im looking at other pt's cause it was an interesting topic.. which happened to highlight the leagues history. I mean i get your point... but part of your point is that  'point tasks are useless and it doesnt matter whats being written in there'... and that's something i wouldnt subscribe too.... ive always enjoyed reading other peoples work when the topics are interesting. At least for this week allot of good content was wiped off the site for welfare links.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 01:08 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Let me throw out some numbers in this current point task

82 members participated
28-82 used the welfare links = 35%
3 of 28 are members that typicaly wouldnt do our point tasks now gaining credit through welfarew links

At least in this PT 90% of the welfare links added are from active members that typically do point tasks every week. is that what we were trying to accomplish with this implamentation?

Knights|Dragons|Austria