Create Account

Karey (Marius-BUF) Punishment / Update Rule Addition

I think this all seems fair and won't set back anyone involved significantly. Marius had the benefit of playing with some extra TPE for a while, and now sits out 20 games to make up the difference. Seems like something Buffalo can easily eat, and Karey shouldn't miss a beat here. I agree this likely wasn't malicious, and I agree the updaters have their responsibility in this, so it seems like this was a fair punishment. Mistakes happen, but there are always consequences. I think we should all go audit our update threads now tbh.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Can we make it official. The motto of the SHL really needs to be "That really should have been caught sooner"

But seriously, this should have.
Karey's a great guy and no way did he do this intentionally, is the amount of games a little harsh, maybe.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 09:59 PM by .bojo.)

See, you guys need an angry rival like Jaymay so that when you accidentally go over she'll thunderdome you for it before the damage is done

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

09-05-2018, 09:58 PMJSS Wrote:
09-05-2018, 09:57 PMWaters Wrote:
09-05-2018, 09:54 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-05-2018, 09:39 PMJSS Wrote: karey suspended for 20 games, guess lagerfield gotta step up...

#LAGERFIELD4ROTY

To be honest with over 700 TPE I'd be surprised if you didn't get ROTY. Already 90 SC and DF too. Only issue is you'll likely be on the third line with all older players in front of you right now so limited ice time, but most rookies would start low in the lineup. I could see you playing on the 2nd line possibly since Gross has a lot of his TPE in CK and a 30 point gap between SC and PA, maybe the coach puts him on the 3rd in a checking role? I think it's time to update my mock :zoomeyes:

i have 90 in both of those and had 1000 tpe for most of last season and still havent made it over 30 points

3rd line is tough bruce

yea but you're ben waters and being ben waters and having a sim hockey player doesn't go well

this is so sad can i get a new co-gm

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

09-05-2018, 09:59 PMWaters Wrote:
09-05-2018, 09:58 PMJSS Wrote:
09-05-2018, 09:39 PMJSS Wrote: karey suspended for 20 games, guess lagerfield gotta step up...

#LAGERFIELD4ROTY

To be honest with over 700 TPE I'd be surprised if you didn't get ROTY. Already 90 SC and DF too. Only issue is you'll likely be on the third line with all older players in front of you right now so limited ice time, but most rookies would start low in the lineup. I could see you playing on the 2nd line possibly since Gross has a lot of his TPE in CK and a 30 point gap between SC and PA, maybe the coach puts him on the 3rd in a checking role? I think it's time to update my mock :zoomeyes:

i have 90 in both of those and had 1000 tpe for most of last season and still havent made it over 30 points

3rd line is tough bruce

yea but you're ben waters and being ben waters and having a sim hockey player doesn't go well

this is so sad can i get a new co-gm

applied

[Image: 3.png]

09-05-2018, 09:52 PMgerarob Wrote: 1. That's what you get for cheating.

2. Why don't people already keep track of their capped TPE in their updates? So lazy.

"Lastly… from this moment forward ALL UPDATE THREADS in SHL and SMJHL must also contain your updated seasonal TPE cap (ex. S43 3/40). If it is not listed when your updater processes updates, you WILL be skipped for the week of updates."

Given as that is a rule no one's thought to introduce until an unfortunate mistake happened, it's probably stupid to try and pin this on anyone, especially not the player it happened to.

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

09-05-2018, 09:58 PMkarey Wrote: This is totally fine, I take responsibility for my laziness in updating, but I will adamantly defend myself that the actions were not intentional. I wasn't trying to bend rules and pad my players TPE but also didn't take the due diligence to make sure my updates were sound.

It is what it is, it's fair as it should be.

As for updaters, I'm sorry that you are getting roped into it, sure there was an oversight from your end, but it was truly my fault.

No one that knows you karey would think you'd do this on purpose can happen to the best of us

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

09-05-2018, 09:58 PMkarey Wrote: This is totally fine, I take responsibility for my laziness in updating, but I will adamantly defend myself that the actions were not intentional. I wasn't trying to bend rules and pad my players TPE but also didn't take the due diligence to make sure my updates were sound.

It is what it is, it's fair as it should be.

As for updaters, I'm sorry that you are getting roped into it, sure there was an oversight from your end, but it was truly my fault.

Listen Karey. We all know you constantly cheat and take shortcuts with your ridiculous tactics

*Crosses fingers that people understand sarcasm*
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 10:03 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

#LAGERFIELD4ROTY

3rd line is tough bruce

That's a yikes from me dog

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

anyone who thinks that karey could possibly care enough about the shl to do this on purpose is stupid

He does not give a single shit about the SBA and still leads his recruiting class. This man is the definition of TPE

Player Page
Update Page

09-05-2018, 09:55 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:

2. Why don't people already keep track of their capped TPE in their updates? So lazy.
I can say with 100% certainty this was not a result of cheating. Karey should’ve kept track of his capped TPE, but he didn’t, and the updaters let it slide over the course of several seasons.

The proper updating protocol wasn’t followed but it wasn’t intentional cheating. Karey isn’t that kind of person, no matter what misguided opinions you may have on Buffalo.

Yea I don't believe this was malicious for a second. He did have one of his double claims both in the same update (the one I processed actually) which is dumb but hardly an evil action. Yea, we should have caught that but, just like in Karey's case, accidents happen. I won't be appealing my fine.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

09-05-2018, 10:02 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

#LAGERFIELD4ROTY

3rd line is tough bruce

That's a yikes from me dog

top 10 saddest careers

Player Page
Update Page

Nah I hear he is a cheater.

Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

09-05-2018, 10:03 PMDude Wrote:
09-05-2018, 09:55 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:

I can say with 100% certainty this was not a result of cheating. Karey should’ve kept track of his capped TPE, but he didn’t, and the updaters let it slide over the course of several seasons.

The proper updating protocol wasn’t followed but it wasn’t intentional cheating. Karey isn’t that kind of person, no matter what misguided opinions you may have on Buffalo.

Yea I don't believe this was malicious for a second. He did have one of his double claims both in the same update (the one I processed actually) which is dumb but hardly an evil action. Yea, we should have caught that but, just like in Karey's case, accidents happen. I won't be appealing my fine.

Can I make you a sig for free? Honestly the least I could do because you and the other guys being fined is a burden I want to pay.