Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension

Rumor has it the SHL is also considering the highly successful "Don't be a dick" rule utilized in some inferior sim leagues.

Don't Be a Dick Rule:

-If you think someone is being a dick, tell them "Don't be a dick."
-If someone calls you out for being a dick, stop being a dick. If you don't think you're being a dick, tell them you're not being a dick. If more people then tell you to stop being a dick, check your shit, because you're probably being a dick. Shut up, apologize, and move on. (Apology is optional, but skipping it only reduces you from Dick status to Prick status).
-If you tell someone to stop being a dick, and they continue to be a dick, try ignoring them. If they will not stop being a dick and it's too hard to ignore them, PM a HO member. Try not to resort to being a dick back to them, this usually results in a downward dick spiral, and those aren't fun for anybody.
-If you find you cannot interact with certain people without being a dick, don't interact with those people.
-If you feel someone is in full perma-dick status, try and build consensus of your peers (bonus points if they are on different teams) about how you do not like said dick member. Politely bring issue of perma-dickness to HO with consensus from peers to be resolved in a manner that is hopefully both timely and fair.

[Image: L3tGU51.png]

09-14-2018, 04:55 PMto12143 Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:37 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I think there are talks about getting rid of Thunderdome. But I feel like its a necessity to call out people and stuff like that. No1 really called people racist slurs or homophobic slurs on a regular basis in there so in the end it doesn't even matter.

Or you know you could contact HO and inform them of things that are happening like that. Not everything has to be called out and it would make it a lot easier for HO if people just funneled evidence to them so they could make the necessary decisions

That doesn't really indict the Thunderdome's existence though, right? Even if HO makes the decision based on collection of evidence people will still want to talk about it. TD is a holding place so volatile discussions don't spill out into discussion, announcements, media, etc.

Quote:3. Please note that while leniency will be given in regards to attacks within the Thunderdome, all verbiage must fall in line with the website's overall general policy. You will get suspended for behaving too extremely or using any vocabulary listed in 3.1.a. or other words relating to them in this sub-forum as well.

You're literally stating that the thunderdome is place where you're allowed to treat people poorly (to a point). Why does it even still exist? Delete the thunderdome please.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-14-2018, 05:03 PMgrok Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:37 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I think there are talks about getting rid of Thunderdome. But I feel like its a necessity to call out people and stuff like that. No1 really called people racist slurs or homophobic slurs on a regular basis in there so in the end it doesn't even matter.

Or you know you could contact HO and inform them of things that are happening like that. Not everything has to be called out and it would make it a lot easier for HO if people just funneled evidence to them so they could make the necessary decisions

That doesn't really indict the Thunderdome's existence though, right? Even if HO makes the decision based on collection of evidence people will still want to talk about it. TD is a holding place so volatile discussions don't spill out into discussion, announcements, media, etc.

I get that, but the way he was talking was as if the only reason thunderdome still exists is to call people out when they do something wrong, instead of taking the proper steps to report something like that. You can call people out in thunderdome for stuff that isn't just breaking the rules. It just doesn't make sense to start a 28 page thread when you could just message a HO member and be like yeah this happened here's the log.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

09-14-2018, 05:03 PMgrok Wrote:

That's illogical:
- False cause fallacy (having a place where people can be toxic does not necessarily cause people to be polite elsewhere)
- Either or fallacy (the idea that "either we have somewhere for people to be toxic or they will be toxic on entire site" is not necessarily true)

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

"N-----, Gay, F----t, F-g and Retard"

couple questions

if you're black, can you drop the n bomb?

why there blanks in the words?

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

09-14-2018, 05:14 PMligma Wrote: "N-----, Gay, F----t, F-g and Retard"

couple questions

if you're black, can you drop the n bomb?

why there blanks in the words?

Cause otherwise they'd need to ban themselves, duh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

@Nobody had an extremely extensive list in explain 2.0 and I think it’s very much something we should consider for the betterment of the community and site as a whole. If we truly want to get past hateful speech and harmful stereotypes we have to be proactive and not reactive. If we simply react then we’re allowing the hateful, cancerous elements of this site to dictate the terms of engagement. I don’t think any one of us want that.

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

09-14-2018, 03:44 PMiamslm22 Wrote: One week? This is weak as fuck.

Looks like I called it though in here

[Image: efuGHMg.png]

I mean. HO isn't perfect. Every decision they make is agreed with 50% of people and the other half yell at them saying how stupid they are. Easy does it.

09-14-2018, 05:06 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
Quote:3. Please note that while leniency will be given in regards to attacks within the Thunderdome, all verbiage must fall in line with the website's overall general policy. You will get suspended for behaving too extremely or using any vocabulary listed in 3.1.a. or other words relating to them in this sub-forum as well.

You're literally stating that the thunderdome is place where you're allowed to treat people poorly (to a point). Why does it even still exist? Delete the thunderdome please.

Let's just ban saying anything negative to anyone whatsoever. Anyone who breaks the rule is perma banned. Actually how about instead of removing it, change the Thunderdome to the Wonderdome where we can all hold hands and compliment each other.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

09-14-2018, 05:21 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote:

Let's just ban saying anything negative to anyone whatsoever. Anyone who breaks the rule is perma banned. Actually how about instead of removing it, change the Thunderdome to the Wonderdome where we can all hold hands and compliment each other.

yeah i'd like to get TDW banned for saying these intrusive hate thoughts

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

What why can't u say the g word at all? 

Did I just make a severe reference to it?

That shouldn't be lumped in with the N word to get u banned or w/e for using it's not a bad word. It can be used to offend people, but simply using it in any sentence is overbearing.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

09-14-2018, 05:21 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote:

I agree and disagree with you.

On one hand, we shouldn't just be assholes to one another because we can. Try and be nice. However on the other hand, I feel like people get too up in arms over little things.

I blame the 2016 US Election on this.

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

09-14-2018, 04:49 PMBzerkap Wrote: I like turtles

You eat like a turtle. You tiramisu loving sicko.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]