Create Account

S44 SMJHL PT 4 - Road Trip
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 06:07 PM by ej27.)

Whether it be a string of away games, a team-building exercise, or a relaxing vacation, road trips are always a fact of life for hockey players.

Requirements
Written option: Tell us about a road trip you went on this season: where did you go? With whom? What did you do there? Must include 150 words. (Any submissions more than 5 words below the word count requirement will not receive full credit for this PT.)
Graphic option: Make a collage of pictures from a road trip you went on this season. Must include at least one render and some explanatory text.

Payout
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S44 SMJHL Rookies (S45 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline Friday 11/23 @ 10am cst

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

SD here,

My editor wanted me to follow the team as they started a three game road trip that took them through Montreal, Colorado, and Kelowna.  To make matter worse, he arranged for me to bunk with everyone's favorite dumb-ass, Slip McScruff .  I don't think he understands that he's a grown-ass man because he found me immediately after every single game asking for permission to go do things around town.  In Montreal, he kept asking if we could go eat poutine at the top of the CN Tower.  In Colorado, he begged me to introduce him to Eric Cartman.  At least in Kelowna I got a break because no one has ever heard of it before.

The silver lining here is that I actually had a pretty good time watching him in Montreal.  That night, he absolutely blew up three Militiamen and I got to see him flail with a single shot on net.  I wonder if his Double Minor for Roughing may have been caused by the anger when he found out the truth about the CN Tower.

I'm hoping next time he's a little bit injured (nothing serious), so he can stay home and I'll get far far away, wherever the team is going.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

On our recent trip to Kelowna, captain Tony Pepperoni joined rookies Alexander Selich, Cassius Darrow, and Jakub Novak in exploring the city. Because they didn’t have time to explore all the natural wonders of the surrounding area, they had to suffice with the trouble they could find reasonably close to the arena and their hotel. They walked along the Okanagan Lake edge, and Novak chased a crab he saw on the beach. They stopped for lunch at a local meat counter that claimed to have “genuine German sausages.” German natives Selich and Darrow were unimpressed by the sad imitations. In fact, Darrow threw his poor-quality wiener at the owner, and cursed at him in German before storming out. Pepperoni, no stranger to quality smoked meats, apologized to the owner and stepped outside to calm the rookie defender down. Then they continued to explore the shopping districts. Jakub Novak bought a funny hat that makes all his teammates smile.

The Raptors defeated the Knights 3-2 the next night.

167 words

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I think one of the reasons that the Falcons are off to such a good start this year is because we have a strong bond on and off the ice. The vets lead us rookies but they don't act like they are better than us. When we are on the road we usually have a big team meal if we have an extra night of travel. The best road trip we've had for me just happened a few days ago. We had a down day in Colorado. After the morning skate, we all went out for lunch at some place that Pingy Pingu said was great. It was this weird hipster take on traditional Swedish food. I had the isterband that had been made with venison rather than pork. The food was good and the conversation was better. After the lunch we all broke into smaller groups to relax or prepare for our game tomorrow. Me and my D partner Bedrìch Sykora decided to do some exploring around town and checking out the mountains a bit. We talked about our lives growing up and how our play styles could complement one another. We closed the night with some Mario Kart back at the hotel. The next day, we had our best game together. We both agreed to make Mario Kart a nightly pre game ritual from now on. Now I just need to find a place that sells isterband in every city we play in.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

The Armada haven’t had a really long stint away from home this year, with the games alternating between home and away most of the time, but doing the trip to Halifax for the first time was definitely an experience.

Getting back into Canada and driving from one side of the country to the other brought so many memories of when his parents used to take him travelling. Maxime had been lucky enough to experience a lot of his home country already, so he was excited to show his team mates the best Canada had to offer.

Many of them complained about the length of the drive across the prairies and that was unsurprising, the view out of the coach is just long and flat for miles and miles, but they did manage to spot a coyote that had lost its bearings clearly.

But pulling up in Halifax and seeing the ocean again gave the team a feeling of calm and relaxation. Maxime cherished the time he got to bond with his new friends. He wasn’t looking forward to doing this another 3 times though...

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

The Anchorage Armada are way off in the corner of the map alone. The closest teams are the Vancouver Whalers and Kelowna Knights which are more than a bus ride away. The Armada have made long trips to Halifax and Colorado and both times the team made sure to enjoy the environment of the different city. When the team made the trip down to Colorado they took some time and went for a hike in the mountains. The whole team went and it was a beautiful day. Xena was being adventurous and got distracted and wandered off by her self. The team was very worried and searched for her. The team was ready to call in emergency helicopters to find the missing person when they found her taking a nap in a cave. Xena had wandered off, gotten hungry, ate the food she had on her and then feel asleep. All in all a great trip.

Armada Updates Armada 

Since joining the Raiders, Dominic Montgomery has tried his best to get to know the cities they compete in, but of course with the constant flying schedule of the SMJHL, it's hard to make time for adventure. On a rare day off before they faced the Falcons in Detroit, Dom convinced Rainbow Dash and Max Egger to join him in exploring Detroit. They started the day off early, and with recommendations from some players on the Falcons, they headed first to the Eastern Market. Dom couldn't believe how busy it still was for a market in October. There were fresh veggies, family-owned vendors, and local artists selling their handcrafted pieces. Upon visiting one of the artists, a particular necklace caught his eye. It was of a lock with a heart on it, and Dash and Egger asked him what was taking him so long to decide, so he quickly left the booth and didn't buy anything at the market besides breakfast with the guys.

After that, they headed to the Heidelberg Project, which is an outdoor art project. They all took lots of pictures and it made Dom want to go home and paint. From there, they were hungry again, so they met up with Raider alum Leshaun King who was visiting nearby and intended to go to the Raider game the following night. The guys went to a paleo-friendly hipster restaurant in Corktown for King, and then headed to a bar/club that night for Egger to hopefully meet someone. No such luck. They got back to the hotel before curfew, but Dom felt like he got a good exploration in anyway.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Everyone who is anyone knows about the armamas; the notorious all female group of Mika Mayfield, Leopold Lockhart, and Xena. Everyone also knows about Vegas. What happens when these two things combine? Well I can only say so much so lets hear it. Vegas is popular for gambling, booze, and poor life decisions. So of course that was out location of choice for a team bonding weekend. We flew in from Anchorage that Thursday afternoon, ready for a long weekend right after the draft and right before the season started. Vegas is gorgeous, it is like mini versions of the worlds best cities all met up in one place. Sparkling lights everywhere and eccentric people on every corner. We headed to the hotel and did not miss a beat. An hour later we were a hundred dollars into a poker game and many beers in. I can not release the juicy details of what happened that weekend like how much money we lost (or won) and how much we drank. You know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But what I can say is there is no breaking up this trio, this trip was amazing and the bond between us is immensely strong. 
The Amramas will be legend.
Love y'all @ej27 @Nickleback_lover69  Armada Heart
Oh and ej I made it plenty long this week  Biggrin  

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

The Quadruplets, as the rookies are fondly called in the Knights locker room, took to Halifax, Nova Scotia, the day before the Knights were to play the Raiders. Even though they were all recent additions to the SMJHL, the Quadruplets were still somewhat recognized around the maritime Canadian city. Each one of them, Kocsis, Klaus, Sawchuk, and Murphy were either chirped or had to stop and take pictures with the locals. Additionally, they were able to get a few good looks around downtown Halifax, picking up some tourist merchandise and were even able to hook onto a trip heading down to Peggy's Cove. There they ended up checking out the view of the Atlantic Ocean, the various small shops and restaurants, the giant famous lighthouse, and taking an absurd amount of photos of each other for their social media.

Of course, there were many more shenanigans the Quadruplets managed to get themselves into, not just limited to Halifax, but those are stories for another time.

-166 Words

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

The off-season never seems to be long enough, but at the same time never seems to be short enough. Players are happy to get a break, relax and visit friends and family while doing whatever they please, but they also miss hockey and want to play it right away (soonish anyway). For Hiro Fujikawa, it was no different and for him, it was all about travelling. Seeing as he's playing in Montreal, AKA Canada, he decided to do a little sight seeing in the country he'll be spending a lot of time in for the next while. Over the off-season, him, Willy Mack, Bohne, Daniil and Vrana all did a little sight seeing together though out canada. They stopped in Halifax and travelled along the east Coast, followed by a quick trip to the Niagra Falls. Following that, they hit up West Edmonton Mall Waterpark and amusement park and then stayed the weekend in Banff. Lastly, they hit up the west coast, spending a full week in a cabin somewhere in the BC mountains.

Talk about a good off-season, but now, back to the grind.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018, 12:40 AM by Psanchez55.)

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=49224

[Image: 1542603263658.png]

After their successful long weekend in Vegas following the draft, the Armamas--consisting of Xena, Mika Mayfield, and Leopold Lockhart--were itching to take another trip together. The perfect opportunity arose when they had a small break in the schedule--two days off before an away game in Colorado. The trio got permission from management and coaching staff to head up to Colorado early and do a little "sightseeing". For the Armamas, sightseeing consisted of the Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey Tour where they sampled whiskey and chose their favorite bottles to take out to Echo Lake where they rented a cute little cabin. They spent the two days polishing off their whiskey and bonding. It was definitely a more chill trip than the trip to Vegas, but that was probably a good thing considering the season was already in full swing. Hanging out, listening to music, hiking a little--it was the perfect break before getting back to the hockey grind.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 02:45 PM by Mac.)

Disregard

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Playing most games in Alaska there really isn't a lot of opportunities to go for a road trip for the young Japanese center who is still trying to understand the English language. With that said, he did take a road trip with his agent Dave Smith to head over to Vancouver as Smith wanted to show Yoshimura around the city that made Smith so famous for his SHL career. The toured and took pictures of the sunrise and Smith took Yoshimura around what they call little Japan so he could get the closest to feeling at home. That included mainstay classical home foods and as well a tour of the Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame that Smith was inducted into.

The joys of this trip are that Yoshimura when they left Alaska together they took the long trip so they went through the Yukon then all the way through British Columbia which was all small towns so something very strange for Yoshimura as most of the SMJHL are major cities. So, this road trip was a huge experience that allowed Yoshimura to enjoy nature and all that is for it.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

As part of Anchorage Daily News' coverage of our junior hockey team, here's another installment of "Road trippin!" With one of the newest members of the Armada, defenseman Jacob Géza:

"Ehhhh... English is still no good for me. It's Very difficult. It's good to travel with team. Older players help me in other places, and Arsène helps me very much.

"For, uhhh..., good travel, Halifax was very long travel but very nice. But with me, Detroit was best. On a rest day we go to museum, and very fun escape room. With team, it was very good. And my friend Viktor go to Michigan Egyetemi. He takes me all over Detroit and show me things like Henry Ford museum".

"We go to.... I don't know name in English. It's Magyar rapszódia restaurant. It's taste like home- very good csirke paprikas, lecsó, and lángos- you know like, uhhh..., tail dessert (most likely referring to doughboy pastries, sometimes called beaver tails in Canada), but not sweet- has garlic, cheese on top. They have fröccs, uh wine and pop, but best thing they have is Pálinka- apricot alcohol. You need to try it, there's many type like pear or plum or cherry! When I eat the meal, it makes me miss home".

"On other day Viktor takes me to his egyetemi game of, ehh..., American football. So many people were there. Go Wolverines! It was very fun time with Viktor."

"After, I hung out with the team again, but the time with Viktor was very good".

[Image: Geza.gif]

sig credit: ml002, Reynolds 
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] | [Image: B4x6AQm.png]