Create Account

Introduce Earning Hard Cap?

I am thinking that the SHL should introduce some sort of earning hard cap in the SMJHL at lets say 600 TPE. For example, a player in the SMJHL cannot gain over 600 tpe or something along those lines.

This will force great prospects out earlier rather than them hiding down there and come out with 700-800+ TPE and allows the slow burning players to still remain in the SMJHL until they are ready to play in the SHL.

Not sure how we would handle goaltenders since they are a little bit of a complicated situation.

600 TPE seems like a good number as it allows players to spend up to like 2 seasons in the SMJHL.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

I dont like this. I spent 3 seasons in the SMJHL and have gotten 660 by the end of my 3rd season and went up. so I would have to get called up in the middle of the season because I made 600 tpe? this would only make people just hide their TPE and update all at once. I do like the idea on trying to get people up into the SHL more, but I dont think this is it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

12-18-2018, 11:44 PMluketd Wrote: I dont like this. I spent 3 seasons in the SMJHL and have gotten 660 by the end of my 3rd season and went up. so I would have to get called up in the middle of the season because I made 600 tpe? this would only make people just hide their TPE and update all at once. I do like the idea on trying to get people up into the SHL more, but I dont think this is it

And you went third overall buddy, SanFran's roster isn't even that good. You wouldn't be able to have gotten solid minutes there instead of spending a +2 ssn in the SMJHL?

nah, one cap is enough for smjhl players

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

12-18-2018, 11:51 PMGrapehead Wrote: nah, one cap is enough for smjhl players

You're entering the SHL with 800 TPE.

lmao

What are you doing down in the SMJHL?

12-18-2018, 11:50 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
12-18-2018, 11:44 PMluketd Wrote: I dont like this. I spent 3 seasons in the SMJHL and have gotten 660 by the end of my 3rd season and went up. so I would have to get called up in the middle of the season because I made 600 tpe? this would only make people just hide their TPE and update all at once. I do like the idea on trying to get people up into the SHL more, but I dont think this is it

And you went third overall buddy, SanFran's roster isn't even that good. You wouldn't be able to have gotten solid minutes there instead of spending a +2 ssn in the SMJHL?

Well I spent 3 seasons in juniors for a couple reasons.

1. I became Whalers co-gm and I wanted my player to be in juniors to help the WHalers do stuff.

2.  12 players have gotten over 600 tpe in the S43 class, it doesnt matter where you are drafted if get tpe. So does that mean all 12 get  forced to go up?

3. I still dont understand what going 3rd overall means? 2nd OA went inactive. 4th OA was still sent down. 8th OA went down. 9th OA is inactive. being drafted high doesnt mean that you get called up immediatly. I stayed down an extra season because I wasnt needed the SHL and I wanted to stay 1 more season down

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

The problem is inflated TPE making it harder to produce in the SHL without big TPE numbers.

I miss the days of being a top 10 player with 700 TPE.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Can someone elaborate on why someone would even stay in juniors? Is there more Pt opportunity? I mean regression should be based off of overall career length not SHL years played, so I'm not seeing why people stay down. Lack of playing time?

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

12-19-2018, 12:03 AMO4L Wrote: The problem is inflated TPE making it harder to produce in the SHL without big TPE numbers.

Yea I don't get why caps weren't instituted. Seems like a pretty wide parity gap on the ones with more time now. It wouldn't be unusual to have a stud player based more on chemistry and more of a level playing field before.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

12-18-2018, 11:55 PMluketd Wrote:
12-18-2018, 11:50 PMBoomcheck Wrote: And you went third overall buddy, SanFran's roster isn't even that good. You wouldn't be able to have gotten solid minutes there instead of spending a +2 ssn in the SMJHL?

Well I spent 3 seasons in juniors for a couple reasons.

1. I became Whalers co-gm and I wanted my player to be in juniors to help the WHalers do stuff.

2.  12 players have gotten over 600 tpe in the S43 class, it doesnt matter where you are drafted if get tpe. So does that mean all 12 get  forced to go up?

3. I still dont understand what going 3rd overall means? 2nd OA went inactive. 4th OA was still sent down. 8th OA went down. 9th OA is inactive. being drafted high doesnt mean that you get called up immediatly. I stayed down an extra season because I wasnt needed the SHL and I wanted to stay 1 more season down

Expectations is where it comes through. No one drafts someone 2nd overall thinking they will go inactive, come on fam.

As a 3rd overall pick you're expected to earn a certain amount and i'd assume you would be SHL ready sooner than most. If you're a long term project it won't matter, but you're clearly gaining a lot of TPE per season.

Also most people stay down, seldom do top picks go up immediately. It's a shame, but I don't think top earners should be spending a bunch of time in the SMJHL, it's not their place. They're SHL ready and should be prepared to play in the big leagues.

12-18-2018, 11:54 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
12-18-2018, 11:51 PMGrapehead Wrote: nah, one cap is enough for smjhl players

You're entering the SHL with 800 TPE.

lmao

What are you doing down in the SMJHL?

I assured MTL I would be down for 4 seasons before they drafted me 1st overall. I'm not in the SMJHL anymore though.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

12-19-2018, 12:06 AMDaco Wrote: Can someone elaborate on why someone would even stay in juniors? Is there more Pt opportunity? I mean regression should be based off of overall career length not SHL years played, so I'm not seeing why people stay down. Lack of playing time?

Harder to crack a roster. Look at Edmonton they legit have 3 lines of 1k tpe players

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

hey boom welcome back

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

12-19-2018, 12:03 AMO4L Wrote: The problem is inflated TPE making it harder to produce in the SHL without big TPE numbers.

im fucked

#GENE4HOF

I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims