Create Account

S45 SMJHL PT 1 - Team Bonding

PT 1 - Team Bonding

Being a rookie can be tough--learning to fit in on a new team, finding your way around a new city, adjusting to the standards and expectations of a new league. Having the support and encouragement of your new teammates can make all the difference.

Time for some team bonding!

Requirements

Written option: Reach out to someone in your LR (can be a fellow rookie, a senddown, or an alum) and get to know them a little better. To get full credit, you must ask at least 3 questions (of them, or of their player). There is no word count for this task, but questions should require more than just a yes/no answer.

Graphic option: Create a magazine cover teasing an interview with you and another player on your team. Must include 2 player renders and your team's logo.

Reward

4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)

Only S45 SMJHL Rookies (S46 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline Monday 1/7 @ 10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 11:08 PM by StadiumGambler.)

(took a stab at this, let me know if its off magic authority thread creating guy)

---

These Qs were for Colorado Raptors Center Daniel Smeb, controlled by @Kylrad

1: There have been quite a few famous hockey families where brothers grew up together and played hockey together on the same team, and it seems you three and brother Chico are joining that list. Whats your story? How did the Smeb line come to be?
It’s a long story, but the short version is ex-SHL super star Chico Salmon hooked up with a Korean with the Smeb name, and she died during childbirth with the 4 of us. We don’t see our dad Chico much but he sends us lots of money since he’s filthy rich.

2: Do you think playing on a line with your brothers is easier or harder than playing with two normal teammates? What are the differences you've noticed in camp?
I think there’s pros and cons, having played with them for so long its much easier to read each other, and even know what the other is thinking and going to do compared to playing with others. On the other hand I always thought the other Smebs were quite inferior compared to me and there lots of talent in the SHL and I see them make some plays my brothers could only dream of.

3: Are you going to try and get on the same SHL team? And if you don't make it onto the same roster, will you be comfortable lining up across from your brothers?
We’d very much liked to be on the same SHL, but if its not possible I should be fine lining up across them which is something I’ll experience this year against Kit Smeb, it should make for a good competition.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 03:56 PM by JamesT.)

I reached out to Vladimir Lidstrom who played for the Montreal Militia from S22-S24- Draft Page

1. What did you enjoy most during your time playing for the Montreal Militia?
Definitely the friendships i made with my teammates. We had an amazing group in MTL and i still see a lot of the same guys today. I think you forge a bond with your first teammates that you never truly forget.

2. How did the Montreal Militia help develop your hockey career? 
My first season there were just 2 actives, myself and a Latvian guy that didn't say too much. I got advice from my GMs and alumni, especially Byrde that helped get me going in the right direction. Then as we got more people my 2nd season I actually moved to Wing to help the team out so i learned more about the sim and what attributes did what.

3. What advice would you have for rookies in the SMJHL? 

Ask ask ask. Interact with your teammates. Get to know them and lean on the veterans. And grind it out, do your PTs, do media about anything you can think of to relate to your player. Money means you can afford equipment which improves your player faster.

4. How to make the most of your time in the SMJHL?

Have fun with it. Do media and make some fun rivalries with other teams or players. Try to have as much fun with it as you can.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

PH

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I reached out to my fellow rookie @Segi with these questions.

Q 1. What are your thoughts on me in the locker room  do you like what I'm doing am a worse than pingy? do you like what the teams doing? Do you wish some of our other rookies were more active in discord?

You're great in the locker room. Maybe a bit less in the draft class chat, but definitely not worse than pingy.

I'd appreciate if the LR would be a little more active, but it's the holiday season. A lot of people will have more time to participate when the next year's around.

Q 2. What do you do outside of the shl both you and your character? where is his family what's his and you favorite junk food? what do you for work? or for hobbies around there? if you had to describe you city in 3 words what would it be? Also how old are you cuz I forgot?

He wished for the personal questions to be omitted  but was nice enough to answer them for me
 Seger is a family man. His wife moved with him to LA and they are spending a lot of time together. His parents and siblings are back at home in Switzerland. His favorite junk food are the hot dogs from the food truck in front of the Outlaws arena.

Q 3. What is your ambition for your player do you want to get him into the HOF? Maybe do a sick recreate like the smebs(I'd be interested) ? Will you recreate one day? If yes what pos were you thinking? How long you gonna kick it in the juniors until you reach cap? Win a cup? Do you have previous sim league experience?

I don't have any previous sim league experience. I'm not sure what it takes to get in the hall of fame. If the opportunity arises, it would certainly be cool, but it's not the ultimate goal. I just want to see how far I'll be able to take my player. Hard to say, if I ever recreate. If I'm still having fun here when Seger's career is over, I'll certainly make another one. But I'll probably stay on theme and make another player who played for my home team. No idea who yet though. I'll play in the junior until the team that will have drafted me, needs me in the SHL. Maybe, I'll stick around an extra season if we get a legitimate chance to win the four star cup.

Q 4.Why haven't you played Europa with me? 

I'm achievement hunting in Stellaris at the moment. 

I actually really like this PT

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2018, 07:11 PM by Kalakar.)

[Image: mag.jpg]

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Of course, Nikolai wanted to talk about the alleged "good old days" that his father talked so damn much about, and being drafted to Montreal gave him access to some of the primary figures from the other side of the Detroit-Montreal feuds of the early 30s. Ryan Vas was nowhere to be found, so Nikolai settled for a chat with Jeff Kirkstone, former Militia (and Falcons, sorta!) goaltender and current General Manager of the San Francisco Pride.

1 – So all my dad ever told me about Montreal was that it was full of terrible people. That’s clearly not the case, because they drafted me. What do you remember most about your time in Montreal?

Well, your father and I come from a time when there was endless amounts of bad blood between Montreal and Detroit. There have been a lot of player/management changes over the seasons that have contributed to some peace between the two sides, but those memories will last a lifetime. Having a rivalry like we did with Detroit provided me with endless motivation, and is definitely what I remember most fondly about my time in the SMJHL.

2 – Now you’ve moved on to greener pastures as an SHL General Manager, but you were part of Montreal management the last time the Militia won the Four Star Cup. What will it take for us to bring that sexy trophy back home?

S33 seems like such a long time ago; over ten seasons now. I think Montreal is going to need some real solid coaching before they will see the drought broken. The players have been there on a number of occasions since S33, but repeatedly they seem to have been out coached in the playoffs at one point or another. Consistency can be a tough thing, but if the Militia can find that together as a young team, then they’ll be in good shape to make some noise in the playoffs. This roster looks good for the next couple of seasons.

3 – Alright, hard-hitting question. Me, you, and Raven Silverwing against my old man, Chadathy Brodangleschlong, and Jeremy Anderson. Who wins? Surely Baeven and I can snipe some against that sieve, right?

PASS! Okay fine, I’ll talk about Jeremy Anderson. The truth is, there was something about playing Montreal that just brought out the best in Anderson, and there was something about Anderson that just crippled the Militia offense. A sigh of relief was heard in Montreal when Anderson lost his SMJHL eligibility. We all know what a legend Brodangleschlong is, and then I’m too old, and Raven is a scrub, so it’d be pretty much just you out there

@Grapehead

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 12:59 PM by Trautner.)

NSFL Welfare PT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

These questions were asked to Right Winger Liam Hutchinson of the Kelowna Knights.

Can you please tell me a little more background on Liam Hutchinson? Where are you from?
I am from Victoria, BC in Canada.

How did you get into playing hockey?
I am from Victoria, BC in Canada. Liam is a big strong forward. As a Canadian hockey was the go to sport so it was just a natural thing to play it growing up.

Do you have a rolemodel? Who is it and why?

My role model would be Jerome Iginla. I liked  the intensity he played with on the ice, and the character he was off the ice. I had a aunt that owned a coffee shop in Kelowna where Iginla would frequent I'm the summer. I met him one summer as a kid, and he was so genuinely nice.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I talked with SHL veteran and S46 rookie @GCool.

1. Jerry "The Snake" Mander is not your first player, so you have been on other teams. How do this season's Outlaws compare to other teams you've been part of?

Well, my three players were in different eras with regard to communication (i.e., forum/Slack/Discord use). Apart from that, all three of my Juniors experiences have been solid. This team is a unique mix of old and new guys, and I think Dangles has done a great job in drafting for utility given the resources he had available. I'll have to get back to you on whether or not this Outlaws team sticks with it and leaves as much of an impression as the S23-S24 Impact or the S29-S30 Scarecrows did, though. They had the huge advantages of consistent activity and a deep alumni pool.

2. In your opinion, do our GM's do a good job? Why/why not?

I think they do a fine job! They've done great in getting the forum up and running, and they've been very proactive in posting the lines and available point tasks. As a veteran, I don't get that much use out of stuff like that, as I have my own routine to do the PT's and everything. But the important thing is they've made everything very easy and accessible to you true rookies who are still learning the site (which, I'll be one of the first to say, is very confusing to navigate at first). But yeah, all in all, they've drafted personalities well as well as built a hefty resource bank for all of you.

3. What do you expect this team will achieve this season and in the following 2 to 3 seasons?

I don't really want to expect much this season. Having lofty expectations on a new team is dangerous; I don't recommend it. Dangles and I tried to start a team (pretty much by ourselves) in the GOMHL and it went abysmally. Unfortunately we only had one season to work with, though I think in time we could have built a solid group that free agents would have wanted to go to ... but I digress. Sincerely, I don't have high expectations for Season 1. By Season 3 we should be right in the thick of it, because that's how powerful the parity of the SMJHL is. The key factor will be, when the dust of this gigantic draft class settles, how many are going to be active across the board? We're at a huge disadvantage being a new expansion team for one big reason: activity begets activity. Think of the Knights or Falcons that have had dozens of seasons of active alumni able to speak to these new guys; we have, what, 5? Even just 5 voices compared to full teams/HOFers doesn't do much for a frustrated newcomer who isn't scoring at all in his first preseason. If we can survive the first wave or two of inactive draft picks while holding down our alumni for an extra season, we can entice more newcomers to stay and build a franchise.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Bernik got a chance to sit down his Whaler's teammate and Goalie, Casimir Stevens.

Bernik was adorning a Santa Hat

1. How do you like your teammates and management?

"I love Luke he's my buttbuddy. Glyc is amazing too but he said we're signing another goalie so I've gotten very cautious"

2. Do you play for the for the National Team?

"Not yet but Canada did recently invite me and says I'll start next time around since we have no active goalies"

3. Are you excited for the season?

"Vancouver is going to beast this season, especially my main man Bernik defending the net gotta inflate that GAA what a boss"

[Image: Off.gif]

With Bernik Vrzala from Vancouver Whalers

1) How has being the 2nd best team in preaseason effected your ego, any optimism for the season?
1. I am just hoping to improve as a player and get ready for the challenges to come. I don't know if it has changed my ego, but looking at the preseason standings, I am very excited.

2) How have oranges effected your life?
2. Well the way they roll is quite inspirational

3) When did you first start skating and playing hockey, is this what has made you so good?
3. I started skating when I was little, ponds and rivers mostly. Hockey came a bit later when some mates of mine got together after watching Jagr play. This is where I get most of my skills from

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

I talked to my teammate @efiug from the Whalers.

1. What are your expectations from the upcoming season?
This season I am expecting to play low minutes while my guy develops and provide some valuable depth scoring and stuff.
2. How would you rate your performance in the preseason?
I got 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points and I am satisfied with being a nice depth scorer for now as my guy is only partially developed.
3. What do you think about locker room atmosphere?
The Whalers have a great atmosphere and think we definitely have our locker room chemistry down, It was especially easy for me since I was already familiar with most of the other Czech players.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 11:50 AM by efiug.)

@Djenthallman and I spent some time exchanging questions.

1. What are some expectations and improvements we'll see from you in the upcoming season?

I'm already getting around 20 minutes per game and have a big role in PK, nice to see that coaching staff believes in me. I hope to improve my checking and skating and win the championship!

2. As a team the Vancouver Whalers did great in the Preseason, so how would you rate your performance in the preseason?

The first half was pretty solid, I got 8 assists in first 18 games, despite being a shutdown defenseman, also blocked a lot of shots. The second one was a bit worse but it happens.

3. How do you feel about our locker room atmosphere?

I like the atmosphere, everyone is helpful and looking forward to the season. I hope we'll keep this chemistry.

I was able to reach out to Bobby Sharp and ask him a few questions! @Nerio

1Q: How did you feel when you got drafted?
1A. The draft was a pretty amazing experience. There was so much hype around it in the rookie discord and getting messaged by a bunch of GMs was super exciting. When the stream went up and they had that huge board up there I got a little nervous thinking I might go in one of the later rounds. When I was drafted 45th that fear was relieved and I was excited to go fairly early especially as someone brand new to the sit

2Q: What are some things you like to do on your off days?
2A: If I'm not training or playing hockey I'm generally playing video games with my friends, and in the summer going to the lake any chance I get.

3Q: How do you hope your experience in the SMJHL goes?
3A: My hope is that in juniors I can develop relationships with the guys in our locker room, and progress my player with help and guidance from the team too. Overall I hope that it'll be a solid baseline to launch my career into the SHL someday.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]