Create Account

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 17: "Hall of What, Now?" Edition

12-31-2018, 03:56 AMBoomcheck Wrote: People view PIMs very very negatively, to the point where it used as a battering ram against you in awards discussions. There is a major disconnect between hockey and the sim in this regard. People just look at PIMs as some raw number and that it is always a disadvantage. They don't look to see if the guy jumped/slashed someone who had been abusing their players or if they got into a fight and took one of the opposing team's better players off the ice.

What happens when the next Lindros-esque player rolls through the SHL? We going to kill him for being physical/getting into fights and having PIMs while putting up 40+ points? They won't view the PIMs positively because it's just a raw number and they don't put context to it.

For all of you en masse ragging on my pims comment, I was literally reacting to this post in this same thread. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Also, you look stupid with that haircut and your shoes are untied.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

1) Never said the HOF does this, I said for awards.

They value offensive efficiency way more than physicality. Just look at the S43 Nomination thread page 3. Mans here didn't get a single vote despite being a physical presence. I'm living proof they don't value that style.

I'd have to dig deep but there was a discussion regarding this somewhere.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 05:57 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

Sorry Slappy, I didn't even see Boomcheck's post.

At least in my defense I didn't really care about PIMs when I was on the awards committee, either.

Also is anyone having tags not showing up in their alerts?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 09:29 PM by Bonk.)

Great cast. I was finally able to finish it today after holiday craziness. My “player question” was in no way intended to be pointed toward yourself, or anything Minnesota has ever done or myself. I was more curious to see how you think a user should handle such a situation. I feel that, we have seen that situation occur. I do apologize for the post you took the wrong way, reading it in hindsight it was poorly written for the point I was trying to make.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

01-02-2019, 09:28 PMBonk Wrote: Great cast. I was finally able to finish it today after holiday craziness. My “player question” was in no way intended to be pointed toward yourself, or anything Minnesota has ever done or myself. I was more curious to see how you think a user should handle such a situation.  I feel that, we have seen that situation occur.  I do apologize for the post you took the wrong way, reading it in hindsight it was poorly written for the point I was trying to make.

For what it's worth, I thought it was a huuuuuge stretch for ArGar to gather that from what you had said.

01-04-2019, 09:24 AMGCool Wrote:
01-02-2019, 09:28 PMBonk Wrote: Great cast. I was finally able to finish it today after holiday craziness. My “player question” was in no way intended to be pointed toward yourself, or anything Minnesota has ever done or myself. I was more curious to see how you think a user should handle such a situation.  I feel that, we have seen that situation occur.  I do apologize for the post you took the wrong way, reading it in hindsight it was poorly written for the point I was trying to make.

For what it's worth, I thought it was a huuuuuge stretch for ArGar to gather that from what you had said.

The only reason I thought that was the case was because I had no idea where the question came from (most of the questions asked for my podcast are specific to some context that is going on in the SHL or the real world) and there was an extended discussion about minutes played and how Garbanzo specifically played a SHIT TON of minutes during his career. So I automatically assumed it was within that context.

We can just call me dumb and leave it at that.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]