Create Account

The Tale of (another) Irish Ninja
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 08:17 PM by Thunfish.)

PS: This is my first article. Hopefully, of many more in the future.  Ninja Also, if possible, I'd like to use my x2 bonus there for the money.

Trim, County Meath, Ireland
6:00 AM
Inside a bus going towards the closest airport

I feel bad, I honestly do. There's something very odd in leaving my family, the one that has been trying to hide to look towards fame and fortune. My name is Yoshimitsu McCloud, and I'm a second generation ninja trying out to be a hockey player. Yes, you can laugh, but my history is pretty much true down to the dots and the commas. I was born and raised at Trim. If you never heard of it, it's this town in the middle of County Meath, got like a really nice castle and... uh... some stuff.

My family, the McClouds, emigrated from Japan decades ago. They were actually two really promising ninjas from the Manjito, this big clan that lasted throughout the centuries, stealing from the rich and giving it to the poor. According to mom, they got bored from that lifestyle and moved to Trim. Just because. They prepared to live life in the woods, peacefully. But then they had the... misfortune of meeting some guy called Loughlan. He had some ideas about my mom and kind of kidnapped her.

In the end, that was all so my dad took part in the Bealtaine Tournament, an underground thing... although it wasn't so much underground, it was in the forest.

[Image: tumblr_omuc3lyrhD1r7sijxo1_500.gif]
Pictured here: My dad at the finals of the Bealtaine Tournament teaching Loughlan what happens when you face a ninja (mostly bad things).

Let's just say life returned to normality after that at Trim. Bunch of dead people aside, that is. Not too long after that, they had me. The first of eleven children. Four boys and seven girls. Look, life in the middle of the woods is totally nice, my parents did send me to school as well and I never had to cope with bullying since I could always just magically make a puff of smoke and just shove the bully's head through the wall or something. But let's be honest here.

Who the hell can resist the opportunity of playing hockey?

I had to train alone to be a player. My parents weren't originally enamoured with the idea of me playing a sport that wasn't... uh... archery to train kunai throwing, but they found the whole bit about beating people up fun and relented. I actually had more trouble convincing my sisters, if you can believe that. Still, with enough talking and some persuasion, I was able to convince my parents, get enough money to travel to America and hopefully convince the scouts of an ice hockey team that I'm worth the effort.

I just hope they'll let me play with my helmet.

[Image: soul_calibur_helmets_coloured_by_yoshimi...4uuwx0.jpg]
I did bring all of these with me from Ireland. A guy should be able to keep his face hidden while playing Ice Hockey, right?
Also, if you guys hear about anyone called McNinja, tell them I moved out.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Welcome! The old Irish ninja, a tale as old as time.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

interesting take considering meath's a p big shithole but then again the majority of Ireland is

McCloud's an interesting surname because I think it's originally of scottish descent but if you were going for the Irish angle it would translate to like Mac Leoid as in "Mac" generally translates to son of and the surname being "Leod" in the same way that Ó Domhnall would be son OF Donal when translated back to english

Bealtaine is May right? If I recall it was like Eanáir, Feabhra, Martá/Mairt, Aibreán, Luil, Lunasa, Mean Fomhair, Deireadh Fomhair, Samhain agus Mí na Nollaig/Nollag

01-07-2019, 08:40 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: interesting take considering meath's a p big shithole but then again the majority of Ireland is

McCloud's an interesting surname because I think it's originally of scottish descent but if you were going for the Irish angle it would translate to like Mac Leoid as in "Mac" generally translates to son of and the surname being "Leod" in the same way that Ó Domhnall would be son OF Donal when translated back to english

Bealtaine is May right? If I recall it was like Eanáir, Feabhra, Martá/Mairt, Aibreán, Luil, Lunasa, Mean Fomhair, Deireadh Fomhair, Samhain agus Mí na Nollaig/Nollag

The location was chosen on purpose, they did want to live in somewhere secluded anyway. Most of the stuff from the story is actually taken from the movie Fatal Deviation, including the location. I mean... if you ever watched it, it sounds like the sort of place a family that is used to living out of wild animals and stuff could live in.

McCloud is technically a made-up name. I wanted to keep the explanation for the future, but the idea is that they just sort of came up with the name on the spot in order to pretend they're not totally just a bunch of foreigners of questionable behaviour. I actually took it from the main character from StarFox. Additionally, it's kind of a nod to the online comic Dr. McNinja, who was also supposed to be of Irish descent. I honestly didn't write this with a serious character in mind, but rather a quirky kid that did bring some baggage from his relatives.

From what I could gather after a Google search, Bealtaine is in May, yes.

01-07-2019, 08:20 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Welcome!  The old Irish ninja, a tale as old as time.

Thanks! It was either that or A Formidable (Irish) Opponent Awaits.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

another Irish prospect
we’re in a purple patch rn but our stars are old so we need rooks like you to take the torch from players like myself and Augustus and Fletcher when we retire soon (yikes makes me cringe thinking about it)

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-07-2019, 08:20 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Welcome!  The old Irish ninja, a tale as old as time.

Ha! They are masters of disguise, after all...

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird