Create Account

Next Season’s SHL Playoff Formatting

01-09-2019, 04:27 PMAce Wrote:
01-09-2019, 04:20 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: 8 teams get a bye to round 2

No teams in round 1

Highest seed from round 2 plays lowest seed in round 2

It's genius

Let's just skip playoffs entirely, it's pointless!
European football format, where at the end of the season, the #1 team is crowned the champions. Everyone plays everyone an equal number of times. If we do 3 games against everyone, that's a 45 game season. If it's 4 times, 60 game season. Both aren't too crazy away from the 50 we do now.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

01-09-2019, 05:59 PMr1c3bowl22 Wrote:
01-09-2019, 04:27 PMAce Wrote: Let's just skip playoffs entirely, it's pointless!
European football format, where at the end of the season, the #1 team is crowned the champions. Everyone plays everyone an equal number of times. If we do 3 games against everyone, that's a 45 game season. If it's 4 times, 60 game season. Both aren't too crazy away from the 50 we do now.

i hope youre joking

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

01-09-2019, 01:19 PMEggy216 Wrote: So, it turns out STHS won't let us do 2 conferences of 8 without divisions and keep a 50 game schedule (even though the math works out to an even 50 games, STHS is adding games to the schedule which are played again random teams. . .)

So it'll have to be 4 divisions x 4 teams if we want to keep 50 games.

@Beaver fuk u

01-09-2019, 01:36 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
01-09-2019, 01:19 PMEggy216 Wrote: So, it turns out STHS won't let us do 2 conferences of 8 without divisions and keep a 50 game schedule (even though the math works out to an even 50 games, STHS is adding games to the schedule which are played again random teams. . .)

So it'll have to be 4 divisions x 4 teams if we want to keep 50 games.

You can change the minimum games vs own division/conference and minimum games vs other conference if people don't want divisions.

Not sure how big of a deal that is for scheduling in the HO, but nobody has ever talked about it so I doubt people really care that much about that.

I tried and only 1 vs own division/conference and 5 against other conference works
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 09:10 PM by ztevans.)

01-09-2019, 08:17 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
01-09-2019, 01:36 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: You can change the minimum games vs own division/conference and minimum games vs other conference if people don't want divisions.

Not sure how big of a deal that is for scheduling in the HO, but nobody has ever talked about it so I doubt people really care that much about that.

I tried and only 1 vs own division/conference and 5 against other conference works

Yeah but that only gives you (if my math is correct ... 7x5 + 8) 42 games. Where STHS gets fuck is how it distributes those other eight games, which creates imbalance issues. Like, really bad ones. Check out some SMJHL indexes like this one from when conferences got removed there.

EDIT: I see the typo and I'm leaving it.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Just do 4 divisions, then. I think that would be fun.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

01-09-2019, 09:10 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Just do 4 divisions, then. I think that would be fun.
Shotty a division with an expansion team

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

The one thing that people seem to forget is that we can make our own schedule in a spreadsheet and upload it to STHS, sure that adds another task to the offseason, but then it just adds another piece of realism to the league. Maybe we base the 50 game schedule creation that beaver suggested to a similar idea of how the IIHF recreates divisions every season. I will come up with a mock of my idea in a bit.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

01-12-2019, 10:32 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: The one thing that people seem to forget is that we can make our own schedule in a spreadsheet and upload it to STHS, sure that adds another task to the offseason, but then it just adds another piece of realism to the league. Maybe we base the 50 game schedule creation that beaver suggested to a similar idea of how the IIHF recreates divisions every season. I will come up with a mock of my idea in a bit.

You are welcomed to create the spreadsheet every season.

(ps: i had already suggested it to ho too, but didn't seems fond of it)

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

01-12-2019, 10:32 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: The one thing that people seem to forget is that we can make our own schedule in a spreadsheet and upload it to STHS, sure that adds another task to the offseason, but then it just adds another piece of realism to the league. Maybe we base the 50 game schedule creation that beaver suggested to a similar idea of how the IIHF recreates divisions every season. I will come up with a mock of my idea in a bit.

01-09-2019, 09:11 AMJayWhy Wrote: I edited the schedule once, it breaks leaderboards. You can't have scoring tracked, etc with a manually edited schedule for some reason. That's one of the biggest reasons, no one wants to manually track all the stats.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-13-2019, 12:07 PMEggy216 Wrote:

01-09-2019, 09:11 AMJayWhy Wrote: I edited the schedule once, it breaks leaderboards. You can't have scoring tracked, etc with a manually edited schedule for some reason. That's one of the biggest reasons, no one wants to manually track all the stats.

Im fairly sure smjhl used it for a while tho without the leaderboard breaking. @JR95 can you confirm?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

01-13-2019, 03:36 PMEvok Wrote: Im fairly sure smjhl used it for a while tho without the leaderboard breaking. @JR95 can you confirm?

I’m also pretty sure that if you import your schedule it doesn’t get extremely funky.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Maybe it's something to do with the version of the sim? Because when we did it that one season in the SHL we didn't have any stat tracking, that's why we've never done it again.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

01-13-2019, 03:36 PMEvok Wrote: Im fairly sure smjhl used it for a while tho without the leaderboard breaking. @JR95 can you confirm?

The last 5 seasons except for this one have been schedules that where made in sths, exported and then modified to move games around. Teddy had made a bunch of schedules for smjhl ahead of time, however they didnt work with expansion so this season its just an sths schedule.

No need to get complicated just to keep a 50 game schedule if you can do 52 games. That won't ruin anything.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]