Create Account

S45 PT #3 - Mix and Match

Code:
Topic 3 -The Vidrik Onoprienko award is an accolade given out to a member for there lifetime of dedication on the site. an award so prestigious that only a handful of people have ever won! It's been 5 seasons since our last winner so theirs reason to believe one will be chosen soon..... If the decision was yours to choose our next member... who would you choose and why?  -> *tag member

Knowing how the awards committee works we can be sure that evok will be receiving the onoprienko at some point for her work as simmer. However there's one person that deserves it more than anyone right now and that is @DrunkenTeddy. Without his hard work we'd still be stuck on jcink or the site would be down constantly. The amount of work he does behind the scenes that most people won't even notice is insane. He's spent multiple days wrestling with the forum to fix permissions and migrating the server, he's spent multiple days attempting to stop emails from the site going to spam, while spamming me ironically..., spent days fixing errors that nobody would ever see, or just hiding them to ensure no one will ever see them to be fair... spent days increasing the stability of the site. And all this is just stuff he's done within the last month.. Add everything else he does for the site and the entire site move. If teddy doesn't win the onoprienko soon I'm gonna start banning award committee members until he does.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

I would chose @Jepox because no one has created more players and history for the league except for maybe me, but at least one of his players made it to 1000 TPE (or close or something). This is a total joke article, I just don't know the SHL well enough anymore to know who has done important things for the league so I'm completely writing from inexperience and just making a laugh out of it. Oh well, gotta go along with it now. I don't think he's ever held a league job, or at least not in a very long time so he doesn't check off a box in that category but he's a job in himself if you know what I mean. Cool kid, solid memes and overall great personality. One of my best friends IRL and a super solid man that will be sick.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

[Image: WnGJraK.png]
@slothfacekilla

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

This is an interesting topic that has been talked about, meme'd about, and hoped for by a lot of salty members for a long time. Other GM's, in the Western Conference in particular, have basically started off the season knowing that they're realistically fighting for only 3 available playoff positions because the thought of the Dragons actually missing the playoffs hasn't been a reality, other than one year, in the past 20+ seasons. That stat alone is pretty remarkable. However, a lot of their core has been aging (in some cases regressing for YEARS) but they're still kickin'. They do have some high-end younger players, particularly Mike Izzy, as well as some top, top tier recreates of long-time members who are top of their classes in TPE earning rates. When you lose your franchise player in Joe K, and another high-end player in Augustus, obviously there is going to be some drop-off however they have an infinitely experienced GM who can line his team up in ways to cover up their increasingly large holes. With this level of a "changing of the guard" taking place, of course the previous era is quickly coming to a close. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that another successful era isn't in the making right behind it. Just because it's different, doesn't mean it will be any less successful much to the chagrin of Western Conference GM's around the site. What it comes down to is how quickly a new Dragon's "dynasty" will start. Will they miss for two years, pocket a few more top tier prospects and build another 20+ year run or will they continue to compete right away. There are a few really bad teams in the West which the Dragons, even without Joe K and TDZ, are better than. There are also a few teams in the West in the midst of their own rebuilds so the Dragons can in all likelihood compete right away. When it comes playoff time, no matter how dominant a regular season a team has (looking at you Edmonton), I don't think anyone wants to play the Dragons in a best of 7 series.

[Image: insayne.gif]

Topic #1:

It's honestly hard to say if this is an end of an era for the Calgary Dragons of the Simulation Hockey League. This may not be a sign of an ending of an era, but more so a sign of change with the organization. It's been a while since the Dragons have on the bottom of the league, and I 100% don't think that's what these trades mean but I think it does mean that the general managers are rethinking what they want from the Dragons going foward. Either way Essa and Cookies are GMs that have never failed when it comes to running a team, because as you said 20 out of 21 seasons in the playoffs speaks for itself. I have no doubts what they are doing, they were very smart to trade the guys to get picks in this upcoming SMJHL draft, which is sure to see many future studs.

(159 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 12:36 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

01-18-2019, 01:13 AMNobody Wrote: spent days fixing errors that nobody would ever see, or just hiding them to ensure no one will ever see them to be fair...

Hey I actually fixed those errors thank you very much*

*I only fixed them for regular users, still got some I'm dealing with in the admin panel lol

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Topic 1 -After an unpresidented run of prosperity which includes making the post season in 20 of the last 21 seasons, the Calgary Dragons dealt Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus in a series of draft pick trades wiping 3400 TPE off the roster. Is this the end of an era? Put your pundit cap on and let us know whats in store for the Dragons moving forward?

I don’t think that the “Calgary Dragons Era” will ever end as long as they have Esa at the helm of the team. We all know how great of a GM he his and I feel like Esa will always find a way to get his team into the playoffs even if they have a weaker roster. Besides, the Dragons still do have some good pieces even if they did have to move on from Joe and TDZ. While they are fantastic members and fantastic players, Joe is getting pretty deep into regression and TDZ is gonna enter it this season. They have some great young players like Shooter McGavin, Kata Vilde, Nicky Pedersen Jr, and Brock Nuck. So while the team is on the downswing, they have some good young talent that will develop and eventually become the next batch of Dragons superstars. The Dragons and Esa will definitely keep finding ways to make the playoffs.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Quote:Topic 3 -The Vidrik Onoprienko award is an accolade given out to a member for there lifetime of dedication on the site. an award so prestigious that only a handful of people have ever won! It's been 5 seasons since our last winner so theirs reason to believe one will be chosen soon..... If the decision was yours to choose our next member... who would you choose and why? -> *tag member*

@Eggy216

This lad has done it all, co-gming, gming, being the bitch commish. Name it and Eggy has probably done it. He has been the commish dude for a hella long time now and that's way too long of a time to be the commish. Yet Eggy still comes to work every day and does it like it is the only thing that matters to him. He is an inspiration for members all across the SHL and I think it is time we recognise his dedication to the league as a whole. What other way is there then to give this dude the Onoprienko award.

I know we like to make fun of Eggy, I know we like to be mean to him and yell at him in the worse of times or in case of announcing expansion GM's in which he is an absolute ass, but that is all forgiven at the end of the day, because we rely on him and without him, who knows where the SHL would be. A better place? Maybe.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Topic 3:

Something I have been and will continue to be biased about is how important I believe @Grapehead has been to the league and to my enjoyment of the game. Right from the start when I was drafted by the Pride during my tenure on the Raptors, Grape was a major mentor for me in how I wanted to shape my goalies development as he was deep into his career with own goalie, and it was really beneficial for me to get a gauge on the importance hierarchy of the different attributes. Beyond skill development, he's been an active force in both our locker room discord and the site in general, keeping the community active and engaged despite a number of struggling years for the Pride. He's constantly keeping track of different milestones and big career moments, and it's genuinely nice to have someone who puts that effort into acknowledging the flavors aspects of this game that make it so much more than some numbers on a sim. Add in the podcast he's done in the past to provide sorely needed audio content for the league as a whole, and it's impossible to argue that this is a fan who doesn't deserve league wide recognition as someone who's helped make this league what it is today.

Code:
222 words

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

[Image: spoon1.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 05:51 PM by Bobby Watson.)

Claiming Welfare

Just to be sure, the guy named BWatson and have the same picture is me.

Quote:Topic 1 -After an unpresidented run of prosperity which includes making the post season in 20 of the last 21 seasons, the Calgary Dragons dealt Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus in a series of draft pick trades wiping 3400 TPE off the roster. Is this the end of an era? Put your pundit cap on and let us know whats in store for the Dragons moving forward?
Yeah so the run that the Calgary Dragons have been on is absolutely insane and I have no reason to think that'll stop anytime soon because Esa is still at the helm and was able to get pretty good returns for those players and yeah it's a lot of TPE to lose like an insane amount but at that much TPE the marginal benefit of each point has diminished remarkably so it's not terribly different from losing two 1200 TPE players which teams are able to sustain without missing much of a beat plus who's going to surpass them they'd need 4 Western teams to be better than them if we keep the same playoff format and while the Blizzard and Jets are good bets the Jets have also been struggling a bit lately so that's only really 1 team we're sure will still be better than Calgary and then we have the Pride who are young and improving but probably not at that level yet and the Riot who are rebuilding hardcore plus Minnesota I guess will join the west and will probably slot into the Renegades and Panthers tier of teams that might have a shot at passing Calgary but for them to miss the playoffs they'd need the Jets plus 2 of those 3 teams to finish ahead of them which I just don't see happening.

Code:
229 words

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Topic 1 -After an unpresidented run of prosperity which includes making the post season in 20 of the last 21 seasons, the Calgary Dragons dealt Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus in a series of draft pick trades wiping 3400 TPE off the roster. Is this the end of an era? Put your pundit cap on and let us know whats in store for the Dragons moving forward?

The Calgary Dragons have had a very great run with their team in the past, due to good asset management from Esa, but I think that in dealing Kurczewski and Augustus, it will begin the end of an era for the Dragons. While the team is still strong, a lot of the team is either inactive or in regression with a lack of strong prospects to replace them. However, with the two trades coming for the Dragons, it will allow them to add pieces that will hopefully be effective players for them at the SHL Level.

I think that in the immediate future, the Dragons will miss playoffs for a couple of seasons as their older players begin to retire more and the lack of strong prospects to replace them really shows itself and the Dragons will miss playoffs and we will finally be done hearing about the Dragons. For a couple of seasons, at least.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

[Image: QJtZRaT.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

1. Choose 1 of the SMJHL rookies and create a draft showcase poster to help them gain publicity for the upcoming draft, poster should include: Player Name, Player Render, SMJHL Team logo and Wording to hype that player up.

[Image: Zadina.jpg]

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]