Create Account

S47 Pride Prospects: Lockhart & Montgomery on Dating
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 12:45 PM by bilbo.)

Quote:Ready for grading!
[Image: xVpbDyU.png]

S47 Pride Prospects: Lockhart & Montgomery on Dating
Get to Know the Future of the Pride’s Defensive Core

Biased News with Bilbo
By bilbo

Here at Biased News with Bilbo (BNB), we try to bring you the greatest and latest developments in most things important to bilbo in the SHL. BNB is a for-profit news organization dedicated to getting that sweet, sweet TPE. BNB has no graphic designers, so we asked the bakery department to make a header for this article and that’s the best they could come up with.

Note: This article is backdated to season 47 team training camp before it would be known that Leo Lockhart was getting called up.

Meet the Prospects

[Image: eybcw3E.gif]
From left to right, Leopold “Leo” Lockhart - Position: D, Birthplace: Concord, MA | Dominic “Dom” Montgomery - Position: D, Birthplace: St. Clair Shores, MI

The Backstory

The season 45 SHL Entry Draft came and went and the hockey world watched closely as the highly touted first-round draft prospects honed their skills in the SMJHL. Since Biased News with Bilbo’s headquarters is currently in Halifax, Nova Scotia, we have had our radar on the Raiders for quite a while and some of our journalists have a special interest in Dom Montgomery and all players he interacts with. Due to this fact, it has been known since the season 44 SMJHL Entry Draft that Montgomery is friends with Leo Lockhart of the Anchorage Armada.

Both Lockhart and Montgomery have captained their teams for a couple seasons now, and though neither team has been able to bring home a Four Star Cup, both players have been point leaders among defensemen for their respective teams for two seasons, as well as strong leaders off the ice. Those aren’t the only things they have in common.

Montgomery came out to the media as bisexual during the Raiders LGBTQ2+ Pride Night this past season along with best friend and teammate Jimmy Slothface, but no one knew if either of the Raiders were dating anyone, let alone seeing any other hockey players in the league. The news seemed to die, mainly because of the already well-established acceptance of LGBTQ2+ players in the SHL and SMJHL. However, the hockey world would soon care again, at least for a moment.

For as closely as we all were watching Lockhart and Montgomery’s games on the ice, we surely weren’t watching them off the ice. During the last time the Raiders would play the Armada in Anchorage in season 46, Lockhart and Montgomery decided to make their relationship official, but only told close friends, family, and teammates. It was not known to the public until the off-season of season 46 that San Francisco Pride prospects Leo Lockhart and Dom Montgomery were an item.

The news first broke to the public when Montgomery posted a picture on Instagram of Lockhart walking in front of him, his hand reaching behind to hold Montgomery’s free hand that wasn’t taking the snapshot. The two were hiking around the Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Montgomery captioned the photo with a Heart and the internet went wild with speculation that it meant the two were dating. BNB Jr. (SMJHL news) journalist Neva Goodenough was the first to see the Instagram post, to which she reportedly gasped so loudly, it almost made Mr. Spi Der spill his cup of coffee he was dragging across the floor with a web.

BNB reached out to the head office of the San Francisco Pride to see if they were aware of the post and that their first round draft prospects from season 45 were an item. General manager Jeff Kirkstone had a lot to say, and thankfully for his prospects, it was all enormously positive. “I remember that during my scouting ahead of the draft, Leo and Dom both seemed excited that they were our top targets. Players with a complete package, on and off the ice, don't just grow on trees, let alone a pair that are great friends like Leo and Dom were.”

BNB reached out to Montgomery’s camp who said that Lockhart and Montgomery had contacted the Pride management ahead of the Instagram post to let them know about their romantic relationship.

When Kirkstone was asked about the two’s relationship, he said, “It's a beautiful thing honestly, but in the end it changes nothing with regard to their situation with the team. They are still our best defense prospects, and we're still expecting them to be a stud defensive pair one day for us on the top line.”

Asked if he was concerned about what affect their relationship might have on the team in the future if it were to dissolve, Kirkstone ended the comments saying that he “was not concerned at all, because these two are professional athletes for god's sake. Plus they're really cute together; it's like you know you're looking at true love when you see the twinkle in their eye when they look at each other. They've been playing in the SMJHL on opposing teams for a couple of seasons now, but I think we'll see them playing together in the SHL very soon."

It’s always good when the top brass ships it.

Co-general manager Geronimo Otto agreed with Kirkstone, saying that he hoped the pairs’ off-ice chemistry would improve their on-ice chemistry on the Pride, since the two would likely be linemates some day. Stay Together for the GMs?

Now that everyone is caught up on the relationship that has sprouted an entire new department at BNB and BNB Jr.—the Lockgomery Department—it’s time to get to the actual season 47 team training camp that took place in San Francisco this past weekend.

Just kidding, we don’t care about that part. Everyone did just fine, Lockhart especially. We’re skipping ahead to the interview with the two dating prospects.

The Interview
Instructions: Read and answer the questions on the cards to each other.

Lockhart reading: What went through your head when you realized you were drafted to the same SHL team?
Lockhart: I didn’t find out right away because I was in with media when you were called, so I didn’t know until I came out and saw you in the jersey. I think I was kinda in shock, honestly. Never thought I’d get that lucky.
Montgomery: Didn't realize it meant so much to you then. [smirks] No, uh, first, I was not expecting it, but then after I got off the stage and saw you, yeah, it kind of hit me. It was pretty cool.
Lockhart: I mean, it didn't mean what it means now, obviously. But to get drafted with a friend was still pretty cool. [rolls eyes]

Montgomery reading: How do you feel about some hockey fans calling you “Monthart?”
Montgomery: Is that like our couple name? [laughs] That’s a little strange, but my name’s in front, so that’s cool, I guess.
Lockhart: [rolls his eyes] You would say that. Lockgomery sounds better though. Whoever’s using that [name], you should for sure use Lockgomery instead. I’m gonna start a petition.
Montgomery: No way, let the people do what they want. I’m not signing that petition.
Lockhart: It's fine, I'll pass it around the Shipyard. Don't need your lousy Raiders signature.
Montgomery: [shakes head in disbelief]

Lockhart reading: Aside from hockey, what do you have in common?
Montgomery: [smirks] Uh… Hiking? Food?
Lockhart: Yeah. We both suck at Tennis?
Montgomery: You wish we had that in common! [pause] No, you’re right, we do.
Lockhart: [laughs] We both like dogs.
Montgomery: That's it. No other shared interests.
Lockhart: [shrugs] Guess it's true what they say about opposites.
Montgomery: [laughs] They go their separate ways?
Lockhart: Exactly.

Montgomery reading: What should people know about the other one?
Lockhart: He likes to get his way.
Montgomery: Wow, okay. What the people should know about Leo is he's a really, really kind soul and never tries to make me look bad.
Lockhart: [laughs] Was that me making you look bad? I kinda like that about you.
Lockhart: You're resolute. How's that? Does that make it sound better?
Montgomery: [sits up straighter in chair] Does that mean I'm, like, determined? Unwavering?
Lockhart:  Did you have a thesaurus for breakfast this morning?
Montgomery: [laughs] No, no one's ever called me "resolute" before. I was just checking. I don't read as much as you, okay? [looks at the camera, shakes his head]
Lockhart: [looks at the camera, rolls his eyes]
Montgomery: [reaches for Lockhart's hand] No, but what people might not know about Leo is he's got the best heart. Sure, there's a lock on it, but once you open it... [starts laughing]
Lockhart: [pulls his hand away, gets up] No. Nope, I'm out. [walks to the door, turns around and comes right back and sits down] That was [freaking] terrible.
Montgomery: [laughing] I feel pretty good about it. You love it.
Lockhart: [shaking his head] I'm ashamed of myself.
Montgomery: [smiles at camera]

Him or Me Game
Instructions: Hold up the answer you think is correct for each question - “him” or “me.”

Who is the better cook?
Lockhart holds up: Me
Montgomery holds up: Me
Montgomery: I chose me, because it's my goal this year to get better than you, so I'm just putting the self-positivity out there.
Lockhart: So the answer is actually me, is what you're saying. You just lied to the people.
Montgomery: [laughs] Ahh, oh nooo...

Who has the better singing voice?
Lockhart holds up: Him
Montgomery holds up: Him
Lockhart: [laughs] No way! There's no way.
Montgomery: [laughs] I like the way you sound! I'm terrible.
Lockhart:  I'm worried about your hearing, honestly.

Who is more popular on social media?
Montgomery: [nodding] Damn straight.
Lockhart: It's all the thirst traps.
Montgomery: [laughs] No, it's because my Instagram has a theme and my captions are really thought-provoking.
Lockhart: Sure, babe.

Who is the better skater?
Montgomery: [smiles, nods] Checks out. Thanks for being honest.
Lockhart: [shrugs] Pretty much always.
Montgomery: [leans over to touch his hand, pulls it back] Yep.

Who is more organized?
Montgomery: Both your rooms are spotless.
Lockhart:  Clear space, clear mind.
Montgomery: Hmm, clear maybe, but— [whispers to Lockhart]
Lockhart: [laughs, turns to the camera] Next question.

Who's the most competitive?
Lockhart: Are you kidding me?!
Montgomery: What! No, you're definitely more than me. I'll fight you to prove it. [laughs]
Montgomery: Okay, maybe me.

Who has a better sense of humor?
Montgomery holds up: [sighs before showing sign] Him
Lockhart: [smiles at Montgomery]

Who's the biggest Landvik fan?
Montgomery: No way. Get out of here. This interview is over.
Lockhart: [to the camera] Are you guys trying to ruin our relationship?
Montgomery: No, they're obviously trying to give us an opportunity to settle this once and for all. It doesn't matter that you grew up near Boston.
Lockhart: Of course it does!
Montgomery: No way. I've got nothing left to say about this. Next question.
Lockhart: Wow. Okay. Sure, next question.

Who is more romantic?
Montgomery holds up: [laughs before holding up sign] Me
Montgomery: Love youuu…
Lockhart: If that were true, you'd admit the truth about the Landvik question.
Montgomery: You mean about bisexual hockey player icon Mia Landvik?
Montgomery: The truth is that I love you even though you're not the biggest Landvik fan.
Lockhart: [sighs resignedly]

Who said they liked the other first?
Montgomery: [looks at camera, looks at Lockhart, blushes] Say it when you mean it, right?
Lockhart: [smiles, reaches out to brush a finger over Montgomery's cheek]  I can't believe you're blushing right now.
Montgomery: [blushes more]  What's next?

How Well Do You Know the Other?

What's Leo's favorite type of music?
Lockhart writes: Country and classic rock
Montgomery writes: Country and old school rock
Montgomery: I can get down with some of the country, but it’s a good thing someone else is usually in control of the music.
Lockhart: Rude.
Montgomery: Sorry, babe.

What is Dom's favorite pre-game meal?
Lockhart writes: Chicken and pasta?
Montgomery writes: Chicken and quinoa
Lockhart: Same difference.
Montgomery: Yeah, pretty basic.

What is Leo's biggest pet peeve?
Lockhart writes: Lack of communication
Montgomery writes: Lack of communication
Montgomery: Heyyy! I’m right. [cheers]
Lockhart: [holds out a hand for a fist bump] Good job, babe.
Montgomery: [fist pumps]

Who is Dom’s celebrity crush?
Lockhart writes: Shania Twain
Montgomery writes: Shania
Lockhart:  This is why he can [makes finger quotes in the air] “get down with some of the country.”
Montgomery: [laughs] Yep, my girl.

What is Leo’s favorite thing about Dom?
Lockhart writes: Not enough room on this board
Montgomery writes: My uncompetitive spirit
Montgomery: [laughs] Aw, babe. You're so nice to me.
Lockhart: Uncompetitive spirit, my ass.

What is Dom’s favorite thing about Leo?
Lockhart writes: Hair
Montgomery writes: Hair + Honesty
Lockhart: Well, I was half right.
Montgomery: Yeah, I had to think fast. [whispers to Lockhart]
Lockhart: [blushes] Wow, you’re the worst.
Montgomery: [smirks very wide, holds a finger up] Onto the drawing!
Lockhart: On to the what now?

Draw Each Other in Two Minutes
Instructions: Like it says. Do it.

“Are you kidding me?” Lockhart says to Montgomery. “Did you ask them to do this?”

Lockhart draws a quick sketch of Montgomery, which he assures us is not as detailed as it could be because they’re on a timetable. The Pride shirt Montgomery’s wearing is detailed. He’s got an amused look on his face, matching the one Montgomery was making when he was drawing.

Montgomery draws a stick figure with curly hair, dots for eyes, big eyelashes, big lips, short arms, and long legs. There is a ping pong paddle and a chocolate chip cookie that he later clarifies is a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips, since that is apparently Leo Lockhart’s favorite cookie.

“That’s not the best sketch I’ve seen. Mine’s better. I gave you a cookie,” Montgomery says.

"You also gave me tiny arms, what's that about? Those aren't proportionate at all," Lockhart says.

Montgomery seems like he's about to say something but then shrugs. "What can I say? I'm not the best artist in the room."

We wanted to ask more, but our time with the pair was over. BNB and BNB Jr. will continue covering this important news at a later date.

Want more content like this? You might like
Jimmy Slothface and Olivier Cloutier Seem to Be Talking a Lot on Instagram
Rookies Name Olivier Cloutier ‘Ass Captain?’
Raiders Are Number One: No Doubt About It

So, there you have it, folks. The long dating interview of Leo Lockhart and Dom Montgomery that no one knew they needed until now.

Thanks to @ej27 for creating Dom’s better half and to our fathers @Grapehead and @tweedledunn for all your help and support of my and ej’s narrative when you had no idea what we were planning. Cheers

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

i'll send u my dentist bill Heart

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 12:46 PM by Jiggly_333.)

Koda is extremely supportive of the LGBTQ2+ community in San Francisco and will kill anyone who comes after her children for being who they are.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Ilike

SHL power couple  Heart

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

05-02-2019, 12:41 PMJenny Wrote: i'll send u my dentist bill Heart

05-02-2019, 12:44 PMJiggly_333 Wrote: Koda is extremely supportive of the LGBTQ2+ community in San Francisco and will kill anyone who comes after her children for being who they are.

05-02-2019, 12:44 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Ilike

SHL power couple  Heart

ty all Heart

I can definitely relate to the Shania love <3 This was a fun one to read bilbo ty for this

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

love this

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

I fucking love this.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Two great people, one great couple. Very happy for you both.

Now that that's out of the way, parts of this were so sweetsy sweetsy my eyes got diabetes. Laying on that treacle by the shovelful. I'm down with love, but oh brother. I think I need a drink.

Love me some BNB though, not trying to be a hater.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Thanks, all! The interview loves u back.

@Slappydoodle SUCH a hater. Jk, I will also take a drink. The boys definitely have had emo moments, but this was our take on one of those draft/Team Canada interviews haha (of course, we over cheesed it). Ty for your BNB support. Cheers