Create Account

Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!!
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 08:31 PM by Waters.)

05-18-2019, 08:27 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-18-2019, 08:23 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: tbh you shouldn't, especially him
the italics cut deep
especially

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

E S P E C I A L L Y

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

05-18-2019, 07:58 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
05-18-2019, 07:24 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: The SHL is better than that. We’ve been around for too long and have too many talented artists willing to work for free. It’s really not acceptable to stoop down to the level of pawning off someone else’s work as your own because it looks k00l.

I honestly can’t figure out why we would possibly give a shit what you or anyone else not on the team feels about our logo. I was against changing it in the first place because I liked it and could not give a flying fuck what any of you think about it.  If we want to use the McDonald’s golden arches as our logo, than that’s our business. You do t see me talking about how you guys ripped off John Deere.

Obviously we should have just gone with some steroid freak bear / badger / wolf / fox thing like half of the rest of the league

I would at minimum, suggest that it is a bad idea to use a logo that's so common that it's probably from a cheap ass logo generation site.

Which, by the way, it is.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 08:43 PM by Waters.)

Why not just use the original work done by the designers we have on the site? If payment was really an issue, I’m sure there were people willing to make a great logo for free.

At the end of the day, sim leagues aren’t a huge deal and if adaptation/theft is required to have a logo that wasn’t made in ms paint, I say whatever, I’m all for it. The issue is that we have tons of guys around who are capable of making fantastic logos who for some reason were rejected in favor of this. Why?

Player Page
Update Page

05-18-2019, 08:42 PMWaters Wrote: Why not just use the original work done by the designers we have on the site. If payment was really an issue, I’m sure there were people willing to make a great logo for free.

At the end of the day, sim leagues aren’t a huge deal and if adaptation/theft is required to have a logo that wasn’t made in ms paint, I say whatever, I’m all for it. The issue is that we have tons of guys around who are capable of making fantastic logos that for some reason were rejected in favor of this. Why?

They turned an original logo from Brandon down for this.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

05-18-2019, 08:41 PMAvakael Wrote:
05-18-2019, 07:58 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: I honestly can’t figure out why we would possibly give a shit what you or anyone else not on the team feels about our logo. I was against changing it in the first place because I liked it and could not give a flying fuck what any of you think about it.  If we want to use the McDonald’s golden arches as our logo, than that’s our business. You do t see me talking about how you guys ripped off John Deere.

Obviously we should have just gone with some steroid freak bear / badger / wolf / fox thing like half of the rest of the league

I would at minimum, suggest that it is a bad idea to use a logo that's so common that it's probably from a cheap ass logo generation site.

I love you Avakael, but maybe worry about Buffalo.

Maybe Esa should have just used all five of his Challenge Cups as a logo. And then Buffalo could use their one.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Oh wow, I didn't read the thread before I posted my first reply lmao

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-18-2019, 08:45 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
05-18-2019, 08:41 PMAvakael Wrote: I would at minimum, suggest that it is a bad idea to use a logo that's so common that it's probably from a cheap ass logo generation site.

Maybe Esa should have just used all five of his Challenge Cups as a logo. And then Buffalo could use their one.
That's a great idea, it would be a unique logo. Third time's the charm eh Dragonite

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-18-2019, 08:42 PMAvakael Wrote:
05-18-2019, 08:42 PMWaters Wrote: Why not just use the original work done by the designers we have on the site. If payment was really an issue, I’m sure there were people willing to make a great logo for free.

At the end of the day, sim leagues aren’t a huge deal and if adaptation/theft is required to have a logo that wasn’t made in ms paint, I say whatever, I’m all for it. The issue is that we have tons of guys around who are capable of making fantastic logos that for some reason were rejected in favor of this. Why?

They turned an original logo from Brandon down for this.
Exactly. I just don’t get why they copied a logo. I would be extremely surprised if Brandon’s proposal wasn’t better than this.

Player Page
Update Page

05-18-2019, 08:41 PMAvakael Wrote: I would at minimum, suggest that it is a bad idea to use a logo that's so common that it's probably from a cheap ass logo generation site.

If he wants to incorporate the Dragons cups in the logo in the form of something, cool. Don't the Islanders have the stripes for theirs?

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Would’ve been an improvement

Player Page
Update Page

Let's compare a S1 Franchise with one that was founded in S25 with one of the worst expansion rules.

But I agree that Calgary is the superior franchise and arguably the best in the SHL therefore isn't it even more disappointing that such a great franchise rebranded their already non-original one with another non-original one when they are looked as the franchise other teams want to emulate?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 08:55 PM by Slappydoodle.)

05-18-2019, 08:52 PMTomen Wrote:
05-18-2019, 08:45 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: I love you Avakael, but maybe worry about Buffalo.

Let's compare a S1 Franchise with one that was founded in S25 with one of the worst expansion rules.

The five cups I was referencing were all won during Esa’s GM reign, Calgary actually has even more if you want to go back to s1. He started roughly the same time as Buffalo became a franchise. And at this point the expansion rules are a little irrelevant, don’t you think?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

05-18-2019, 08:55 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
05-18-2019, 08:52 PMTomen Wrote: Let's compare a S1 Franchise with one that was founded in S25 with one of the worst expansion rules.

The five cups I was referencing were all won during Esa’s GM reign, Calgary actually has even more if you want to go back to s1. He started roughly the same time as Buffalo became a franchise.  And at this point the expansion rules  are a little irrelevant, don’t you think?
I know that Calgary has more than just 5 Cups don't worry. The expansion rules are relevant because they impact an expansion franchise for at least 5 seasons I'd say maybe even more we can obviously only go by feeling.
So that still means 21% of the timeline 25-48 BUF wasn't in a position to success.
The S1 point is relevant because when Esa took over he probably had more assets than Brandon with BUF when they were founded.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

If you used a ripped logo. just fucking say you used a logo from X site.

Don't say that someone made it then get defensive when people find out they didn't.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]