Create Account

Pride Post-Playoff Presser
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 12:39 AM by Muerto.)

pride  pride  pride  pride  pride

note: ready for grading

[Image: 3658_h.jpg]

Addressing the microphone is San Francisco Pride Coach, the one and only Riko Muerto.

He speaks to the gathered media to discuss the Pride's defeat to the Texas Renegades in the wild card round of the S47 SHL Playoffs.

He coughs once then nods to the first reporter to ask away

Interview Hi Riko, take us through the series and how it went from your view behind the bench.

Well, obviously it was a tough series for us, but hats off to Texas, they have a strong team and umm, obviously game 1 was an experience, you know, the final score, it was ugly, but it was a big lesson for our guys, you know, a lot of them, this is their first time in the playoffs, the first time experiencing the sort of energy and hype that goes on, and maybe they got caught watching the jumbotron a bit too much, I dunno, it was an eye-opener and we realized we needed to be better. Game 2 was one, honestly, I think we played strong, we controlled the play a lot, but their goalie played crazy good, and they were able to get a couple past us, umm, it was a better effort all around and I think gave us some spirit, like, ok, they got a couple lucky bounces but overall, umm, a good effort. Coming home, the guys were hyped up and ready to play, I really liked the effort, getting a couple into the net early got the energy up, and we held them off to get the win and we were in it for real. Game 4 was tough, honestly we should have won but we didn't their guys played a good game, and same thing in game 7, we had a lot of good chances, it was a good game, high tempo, good energy, and in the end, you know, good job by our guys but Texas got it done, and I wish them good fortune in the playoffs to come.

Interview What lessons does the team take away from the loss?

I mean, again, for a lot of our guys, we have some strong vets who have been their, guys like Dino (Vyskoc) and Izzy (Ødegård) who have won it all, they are the leaders on the team who help everyone focus on the game at hand, not to get too far ahead of ourselves, ummm, but for a lot of the guys, it's their first taste, it was a reward for the efforts that they have been putting in, was to get that experience, I mean, in playoffs, only 1 team makes it to the top, but we achieved our goal this season, which was to make it in, and I think the team, umm, everyone should be really pleased and proud of their efforts.

Interview What was the key to making the playoffs?

For us, obviously, all season long it was a testament to everyone really buying into the defense-first approach, and umm, our defense, you know, they are great, they carry the team and we ask them to do a lot in terms of creating offense, too, and they really help our forward group, they umm, there's no egos on the team, everyone is committed to each other and to becoming really good SHL players. We rely on Party (Partridge) a lot, also, and his play was strong especially down the stretch when we needed it the most.

Interview What improvements do you expect to see on the team next season?

Well, as I said, the players have all been dedicated to improving themselves defensively, and now as they keep working, the focus can be on the offense, work on those skills that will help the team get more goals which is what I think we need to, umm, do more often. I think management's been working on getting the players re-signed so we expect to see a lot of the same players back next season. And we'll have some players from the Juniors coming up, so we're gonna keep growing and we'll set new goals for the new season and look to challenge ourselves to get to the next tier.

Interview What's the biggest area of concern for the Pride heading into the offseason?

I think goal-scoring was obviously a concern this season, we overall were solid defensively but were lacking in that department. As much as it is tremendous to be working a team like ours with so many young guys growing into their roles, and see the progress they are making, what we lack up front is a truly elite player. I think this series showed us, Texas has players like Garrett and Slim, they have that ability to create and finish offensively, which to me was the difference. So as I said earlier, while it's been great that everyone has been working on their defensive skills, I would encourage them now to look at working on more offense oriented skills.

Interview Any particular type of player you'd like to see come to San Francisco in the upcoming draft?

The type of player in terms of what their style is, or what their skills are, doesn't really matter, a player drafted now would have lots of time to work on developing and working on their skills. I think more importantly would be someone who would be excited to be part of the team and would mesh well in the locker room. I haven't really been focusing a lot on the upcoming draft and who's eligible, so I can't say for sure if there are any targets that management is looking at closely.

Interview Was there anything unique about having a relative on the team in a playoff situation?

I'm probably a little harder on Goku, I am conscious of avoiding thoughts of favoritism or giving him undeserving ice time or opportunities. Obviously I want to see him do well, but he has to earn his spot in the lineup. I believe he is capable of being a top-tier talent in the SHL, but he's not there yet. He improved this season, especially in being more physical and defensively responsible, so he is definitely included, along with Brogen, Reaper, Metcalf, Moyer, all the guys from the 43 Draft, they are all going to break through in a big way in the next couple of seasons if they keep at it, so it's, I guess to answer the question, it's a pleasure to get to coach this whole group as they have come together, all of them, and it's a pleasure to come to work each day, so I am thankful that having a relative on the team was helpful in getting me the job!

Interview How do you expect next season's call-ups to slot into the lineup?

The only one I know for sure who is probably coming up is Monty (Montgomery) and the likely spot is to slot into the 3rd pairing with Leo (Lockhart). Nadeau will likely get the backup games again next season, he played very well in his starts in 47. Some forwards like Zadina, Knuter, and Explosion are looking like they will be ready to come up soon, but I am not sure if it would be this season or next. Honestly, there's not a ton of open slots on the roster unless there's openings through trade or free agency, so we can look to that when we see how things stand when we get to training camp.

Interview How long will it take for Montgomery and Lockhart become the best dpair in franchise history?

Depends how you measure it, in terms of statistical awesomeness, probably 3 seasons. In terms of being genuine people who love and support each other, they are top 3 already!

Interview What are some things that you'd like the Pride's incoming rookies to know about your coaching style?

Well, number one, I support them and am here to help guide them through the ups and downs. I'm on their side and will work with them to get them where they want to be. Also, I am not the type of coach to pressure a player into conforming to what I think they should be, I let them be themselves and work towards what they want to be, and can give them advice on what things to work on to help improve in those areas. As I said earlier, literally every player on the team made big strides in improving their defense, but it wasn't because *I* demanded it, they each on their own saw what they needed to do to make the team better, it's my job to find the roles for players that suit their style, to build lines and strategies that have the best chemistry, to ensure everyone is getting the ice time and opportunities that they have earned with their effort. I hope, over the last 2 seasons working in this role, that I can earn the trust of the team and the managers, that I am always working to get the best for the team and for each player to get positive results.

Interview Knute Knurtsson got a chance to play in game 5 vs Texas. What is Knurtsson future looking like in the organization and how do you feel about the rumors that he might spend another season in the SMJHL?

Yes, Knuter's junior team was eliminated and so he was available for game 5 and was given the call to suit up and see some ice time. And Monty came up and played that game as well. Obviously it ended up being the only game, it would have been great if we could have advanced on and played some more games, but the prospects we have, we always believe they are part of the team, the organization. It's important to include them in the experience and build their excitement for the future. Knuter's been developing wonderfully, making great strides and I think getting noticed around the league as a really quality prospect.

As for the future, objectively right now if he came up next season, he would for sure be looked at in a 3rd line role, he's on par with Hoover and Explosion, I legitimately see them as right now if the season started, they'd be the third line. But of course, this is all speculation because until we go through the draft and free agency and and offseason where moves can be made, this is something that has to happen before we make any decisions on the roster and lines. So, next season, whether Knuter is with us or whether he gets one more season in juniors, whatever works best for him is hopefully what happens, but when his time comes, I believe you will see him grow and develop into a legitimate high end player so if we do right by him, then in the future we will have a very good player.

Interview  How many teeth has Cleo Green had knocked out?

Oh man, his corpse is almost entirely rotted out now, there's a few original teeth still in the jaw, but he's easily had umm, let's say 12 knocked out.

Interview Who sits next to Ray Bork in the locker room?

He sits umm, on one side it's Party, and the other side is Schieck. They are usually looking at meme's on Borky's phone.

[Image: tumblr_mynngltjt21qfdcszo5_250.gif]

---------------

I'll open this up to any questions from the general public for a bit! Ask away!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 07:52 AM by Grapehead.)

Interview What's the biggest area of concern for the Pride heading into the offseason?

Interview Any particular type of player you'd like to see come to San Francisco in the upcoming draft?

Interview Was there anything unique about having a relative on the team in a playoff situation?

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Interview How do you expect next season's call-ups to slot into the lineup?

Interview How long will it take for Montgomery and Lockhart become the best dpair in franchise history?

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Seconding ej's second question and also

Interview What are some things that you'd like the Pride's incoming rookies to know about your coaching style?

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Knute Knurtsson got a chance to play in game 5 vs Texas. What is Knurtsson future looking like in the organization and how do you feel about the rumors that he might spend another season in the SMJHL?

[Image: knute.jpg]

How many teeth has Cleo Green had knocked out?

Who sits next to Ray Bork in the locker room?

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Thank you for the questions! Answers in OP!

@tweedledunn
@Ason94
@bilbo
@ej27
@Grapehead

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Oh coach, my coach!

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia