Create Account

S48 PT #1 - SHL Draft Kit S48

Bold SHL predictions:
This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.

Hockey News brings you 3 red hot takes for the upcoming S48 SHL Season
  • The Minnesota Chiefs bounce back from their recent off-season GM fiasco and win the Northwest Division. Led by star forward Bobby Watson @Bobby Watson and rookie sensation Collin Gibbles @SpartanGibbles, the Chiefs leave the turmoil and drama of a questionable move in their front office behind them and with the Northwest division. 
  • The ageless wonder Jason Visser @ToeDragon84 wins the SHL scoring race and cracks the 80 point mark.
  • The Calgary Dragons MISS the playoffs after their heartbreaking lost in last years final. I can hear Dragon fans writing their angry letters already

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

SHL sleepers and undervalued players:
We give you some sleepers to pursue and value picks to consider in the upcoming league drafts.

I don't usually like to have my own player when it comes to drafting my fantasy team, however, this season with the final round pick, I have gone there. Yep, Nicky Pedersen Jr., it's time for this young forward to make the jump into the conversation as a SHL Superstar. This could have been a discussion last season, but do to the teams needs of a 2nd line center, young Pedersen's power forward build was put on hold for a year, as he focused on improving faceoffs, so he would not be such a liability for the Dragons. Pedersen Jr. finally saw the rewards of his hard work during the season, maxing out Scoring right before the playoffs, and carrying a point per game average as the Dragons made it to the SHL Cup Final. More growth over the offseason in passing and Checking, you could be seeing a young Mike Izzy in the making. A rugged two way player that isn't afraid to hit anything that moves, as well as find the back of the net with regularity. This preseason, we saw Pedersen's scoring lacking, but his hitting doubling from the previous season. Another stat that gets overlooked at times is shooting. With 99 Scoring, Pedersen is looking to shoot the puck as much as possible, and finished with nearly 180 shots on net. After last seasons terrible shooting at 4.5%, the SMTS is bound to give a favorable bounce or two to the young budding superstar, that will translate into Peds becoming a fantasy staple in the near future.

@mstuk41

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Code:
SMJHL prospects to draft and stash:
Want to get a leg up on them good young players in the juniors? Hockey News looks at the prospects to target currently playing in the
SMJHL.
When planning around your future domination of your office fantasy league few things are important. Goals, overall points, hits, and shots blocked should be where you focus your attention most. When going with goals and overall points look no further than Theo Morgan @Otrebor13. Right now Theo is leading the SMJHL in goals, is the second best right winger by a point, and is tied for second in points per 20 minutes played. Now shots blocked can be a few people, but I would personally keep an eye on (S)Corey Kennedy @SDCore and Travis Bitties @Tydy, with 2 shots blocked per game for both of these players, if they keep the pace they will be a good source of consistent fantasy points. Lastly we have to look at hits. This player still has a few seasons before he joins the big league, but a great deep sleeper pick or just a player overall to keep an eye on is Atlas Rush @Rublic In 13 games the kid has 38 hits, and is dare I say a bright spot on the future of Halifax.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Bold SHL predictions:
This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.

The regular season has not even started yet, but that does not stop me from taking the magic 8 ball out, so I can try to guess what will happen in the future. Lets start off with some player predictions, after watching the pre-season games, I think it´s fair to say that Jason Visser is ready to roll - the guy is flying out there and that can only mean great things for everybody who watch hockey, would not surprise me if he scores the most goals and most points!

Fredrich Koenig scored disgusting 10 powerplay goals during pre-season games, he has one of the deadlist shots in the league, look for him to reach the magical 20 goal mark from the blueline. Partridge over in San Fran was standing on his head and as we saw - you can´t beat him on the shootouts. If he stays healthy, he will be among the top goalies in the league.

Some team predictions to the end, New England scored the least goals in the pre-season games, not a surprise that they also collected the lowest amount of points - they could be a team that finishes last if they don´t find a way to score more. On the other side, Winnipeg scored the most goals and finished first in the standings - the Jets with hot Visser will be a hard matchup for every team, my pick for team that will finish with the most point during regular season!

SHL Dynasty report:

What young players in the SHL should you draft and stash? here we target those players who will one day turn into draft day stars?

Three new players to the SHL this season are the three captains that played together in St. Louis last season in the SMJHL. They are:

Michael Fox @FuzzSHL - NOLA
Fox was the captain of the Crows last season, and he is looking to make his mark in the SHL.  Fox had a good pre-season for NOLA, notching 20 points (4 G, 16 A).  Fox fired 111 shots on net, so this youngster will most likely start getting more pucks past the SHL goalies once he gets a taste of the game in the big leagues.

Gordie Boomhover @gordieboom  - NEW
One of St. Louis alternate captains, Gordie showed the SHL what he's got this preseason.  Scoring 8 goals and adding 21 helpers, putting him in sixth place for points for the Wolfpack, Boomhover looks like he got himself prepared for life in the SHL.  Watch for Gordie to keep getting better as he acclimatizes himself to the faster / stronger game in the SHL.

Charlie Serpe @Serpe x 13 - NOLA
The Crows second alternate was defender Charlie Serpe.  His hard nosed playing style and knack finding the back of the net will ensure that NOLA will have a very solid defense for seasons to come.  Serpe preseason saw him talling 13 assists, but after 28 shots he wasn't able to find the back of the net.  This will most definitely change, this guy just has way too much talent.  Where Charlie did shine was in blocking shots, and huge part of his game, Charlie blocked over 1 shot per game (52), putting him 5th in SB for this experienced NOLA team.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Code:
Bold SHL predictions:

The SHL season is still new as most games have only played about 10 games, however we have bold predictions. Of course. To start off, the Tampa Bay Barracuda will keep up this great pace and be one of the top teams in the league by the end of the season. Another one is that Alex Andani (@Carbine) and Kristaps Ball keep up this great play they have started off with and post career highs in points. Another prediction is that the New England Wolfpack will get close to the playoffs before just missing, ruining their lottery odds. Bold, right? Another one, the cup will be won by one of the teams that recently won a cup and has aging and regressing players and not a young team like Manhattan. Finally, someone new will win the MVP this season. Will any of these be right? Only Simon T knows. But are they bold? The bold does say so.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Code:
S48 Positional Battles:
The Hockey News draft guide takes a look at some of the leagues most exciting potential position battles for the upcoming season.

A look at each division in pre season screams Divisional Leaders changing. With the exception of West Kendal still seated on top of the Atlantic, every other division has a different leader emerging. 

ATLANTIC:
West Kendal still above the pack here but Tampa Bay are not that far off the pace. Pre season Finished with West Kendal at the top with 61 points and Tampa bay 3 back with 59. While Manhattan and New England struggle, the two top team in the division look ready for playoff appearances this season. 

GREAT LAKES:
With the recent success of Buffalo over the past two seasons we would expect them to continue their success, however Chicago may have something to say about it. With Toronto and Hamilton in retool/rebuild mode the door is wide open for Chicago to make a move and it looks like this season may be the season. Buffalo may still very well be the team to beat in this division but Chicago is hot on their heels and if pre season is an indicator, maybe finally surpassing them 

NORTHWEST:
Edmonton has been king of this division for a few seasons now, their dominance even has them a championship. Calgary is another team that you should never count out, Minnesota seems to have up and down seasons but after this off seasons league punishment I don’t see them recovering in S48. That leaves Winnipeg, a team on the rise. They have been in rebuild mode for a while. Once pre season came to an end they stood not just above their division but above the league in the standings.They look to be ready to make a push and battle for top position in the division and maybe their conference.

SOUTHWEST:
With San Francisco drafting top end talent with early picks for so long, the team finally looks like its their time to make some noise. They will however have to go through two major player in their division. Both Texas and New Orleans have been entangled in a rivalry for the top team in their Division since NOLAs expansion. While for the Pride this may be a rough bitter fight, they seem to finally have the guns to challenge. However, with that said, Texas and NOLA are still the favourites here. LA seems to be in a short retool so we doubt we get to see them make a major push this season. 

[Image: wr69jpx.jpg]
raiders Renegades

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 06:17 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:Bold SHL predictions:

Winnipegs strong first line will carry them to the playoffs - but no further

The Winnipeg have had a great start to the season, with a very diverse group of veterans and young guns alike who has been dominating the league in scoring. Lil Manius and Jason Visser have been the stroy of the season so far and Cedric Moreau has provided them with very strong goaltending, splitting starts with Vivian Leblanc early in the season, so the team already has all the necessary backup games out of the way early on, and still leads the Western Conference. However, I believe that while this great trio might carry the Jets to a Conference title and into a comfortable playoff matchup, it will get them no further than that. As things are shaping up right now, they could face teams like the Blizzard, the Dragons, the Specters or the Chiefs in the first round of the postseason, teams with a lot of experience who have shown very consistent performances in the past. I could see the Jets falling short against either one of those teams, even if it pains me to say that seeing that they have so many Raptors alumns on the squad.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2019, 08:39 PM by Kalakar.)

Quote:This article discusses some of our boldest predictions about the upcoming S48 season.

Hockey News is convinced the Tampa Bay Barracuda will make the playoffs this season, and win at least one round. That is our bold prediction. With the newly acquired Alex Andani and Nickolas Klaus that will help center the top 9 that was requiring much help, Tampa Bay will be in a much better situation down the road to be able to compete for a spot in the playoffs. In addition, Tampa Bay rookies Matt Kholin and Akashi SixNine also made the jump to the SHL this season, and proved to everyone that they have got what it takes to belong in the big leagues with great numbers in the preseason. They will absolutely be great stars for the Barracuda in the future. Veterans Benjamin Blue and Flacko Lagerfield, along with sophomore player Nolan Sawchuk, Tampa Bay has a bright future and we believe it will start right this season when they make the playoffs.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Fuck off, I ain't drafting kit

~

Bold SHL predictions:

~

Every season in the SHL, something crazy happens. It's kind of doomed to be that way. In a league with 16 teams, at least one of them isn't going to meet expectations, or is going to spectacularly surpass them. With that in mind, there's a team out there I think is going to completely blitz their expectations- Tampa Bay. I'm calling it now; the Barracudas will make the playoffs.

Tampa Bay is regularly ranked poorly. The team has largely been considered a shambles for some time, since General Manager GifterOfBikes retired more than 10 seasons ago. Since then, they've moved to the other side of the continent, and I think their team is starting to work out.

Let's be clear, here. I don't think, for one second, that Tampa Bay is going to challenge for the cup. I think they'll probably lose pretty badly to either West Kendall or Buffalo, and they're doomed to run into one or the other. But there's eight teams in the Eastern Conference, and five of them have to make it. You can count West Kendall and Buffalo in; you can also comfortably count New England out. The other four teams are Manhattan, Toronto, Hamilton, and Chicago; respectively, two teams still on the early stages of their growth, and two teams on the way out. Tampa Bay doesn't have a lot of weapons, but they've been able to score even without them. I find it hard to believe that they're not better than at least two of those teams.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 06:56 PM by Rublic.)

Code:
SHL Dynasty report:
What young players in the SHL should you draft and stash? here we target those players who will one day turn into draft day stars.

The SHL currently has a plethora of up and coming stars ready to leave their mark on their teams and the league. With that said there are some specific prospects taken in the S48 SHL draft that I believe have a very bright future ahead of them and should develop into SHL Superstars and maybe even franchise players.

The third player on my list is the captain of the Halifax Raiders, Atlas Rush. Atlas was selected 15th overall by the Calgary dragons in the S48 SHL Draft. Rush is a hard hitting Power forward who had a slow start to his SMJHL career by putting up a pitiful 4 points all season. Despite his point production he has been working hard at ensuring he is earning all the TPE he can so he can make a contribution to his SHL team the Dragons with hopes of becoming the next Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy

The second player on my list is Mika Kandinsky @Mika_Kandinsky . Mika has worked hard at producing quality media articles and post game shows to entertain the SHL fans. I believe his work ethic and personality would make him a fantastic fit on any SHL team and the North Stars have lucked out! Mika should be a fantastic prospect for them moving forward and I expect will be a franchise player for them sooner than later.

First on my list is someone who went from utter unknown to SMJHL GM within a season. I am of course talking about Timmo Kyllonen @Lemonade . Taken 7th overall by the San Francesco Pride, Kyllonen has impressed a lot of people in a short amount of time with his friendly personality, commitment to his player and his damn beautiful sigs he has been making. (see my avatar)

While I only named three players to draft and stash I believe this draft class contains a lot of players capable of becoming SHL Superstars. Only time will tell!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

SHL sleepers and undervalued players:
We give you some sleepers to pursue and value picks to consider in the upcoming league drafts.

I had already earmarked Lil Manius as a potential fantasy steal this season, and his preseason performance only lends evidence to that prediction. The second-generation player is ready to take the next step offensively, coming off a 48-point season and his second-straight 20-plus goal campaign.

Furthermore from a fantasy standpoint, Manius could be in line for a 200+ hit season, which always makes for fantasy fireworks. With Jason Visser (finally!) stepping away from the physical element of his game, the road will be open for Manius to take up the mantle and lower the boom on opposing players.

Still, Visser is more than capable offensively, and the return of Crossfit Jesus gives Manius two high-powered linemates. All the pieces are in place for a massive season for Manius … which makes the fact that his current average draft position means he could be the second forward you draft all the more surprising. Take the value and run.

@Bonk

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Bold SHL predictions:

My Bold SHL prediction this season is that Chico Smeb will be nominated for the Norris trophy in just his 3rd season in the league. This is going way off the board as Chico had an absolutely abysmal sophomore season last season. Although Chico still didn't put up great numbers this pre-season, only scoring 2 points, I think he's poised to take leaps once the actual season starts. Look for a strong start to the season for Chico on both ends of the ice as he has the potential to lay hits and block shots as well. The only problem will be playing time which I'm not sure of, especially how many minutes he gets on the PP and PK. If he can land both PP and PK time I think he can definitely compete this year as he's known for building great players around the 800 TPE mark, which he's about to hit. I'll still be shocked if this happens, but this is my bold prediction of the season.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Code:
SMJHL prospects to draft and stash:
Want to get a leg up on them good young players in the juniors? Hockey News looks at the prospects to target currently playing in the SMJHL.

The Hockey News' Top 3 SMJHL Prospects to Draft and Stash:

1. Lallo Selman
While Selman may take a little longer than the other prospects from his class to reach the SHL, it's widely expected that he has the largest upside out of all the current SMJHL prospects. Selman's late arrival to the show will mean that he'll be more ready for SHL action and will have a more immediate impact. He led Anaheim in S48 pre-season scoring with 44 points so it'll be interesting to see how that offensive talent translates over to the SHL when he makes his debut in S50.

2. Corey Kennedy
The offensive defensemen will be SHL ready next season and has huge fantasy hockey upside. Kennedy creates offense at an elite level, his skating ability makes him start the transition at an elite level and his shot is incredible for his age. His 39 pre season points show just how offensively minded he is. Kennedy will come in to a very young Chicago team and be expected to be one of the main producers of offense on that back end, he is an absolute can't miss pick.

3. Nick Connolly
The Outlaws winger could very likely see himself get the call up to the big league next season and whether it does come or he has to wait another season, when it does happen he'll take the league by storm. Connolly is one of the best young playmakers in the league, putting up 31 assists and 40 points in the pre season. Connolly will be joining a stacked young offense in Chicago, he'll be relied upon to create chances for some young stars like Kit and Daniel Smeb and we have a strong feeling he won't disappoint.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Code:
SHL Dynasty report:
What young players in the SHL should you draft and stash? Here we target those players who will one day turn into draft day stars.

For this section we will look at the most exciting up and coming rookies of the S48 season. A centre from the Tampa Bay Barracuda of the Simulation Hockey Leauge, we are looking at the one and only Matt Kholin. Taking a quick glance at the preseason stats that young Matt Kholin put up we can see that his 14 goals and 27 assists make up a grand total of 41 points, good enough for the most points by a rookie skater in the entire league. By drafting Kholin you're getting an offensive juggernaut that we propel you above your fantasy competition. His lack of physical play might scare off some, but with the points he'll put up you can guarantee he'll be a league leader for seasons to come. @Kalakar

The other rookie we'll cover also comes from the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Defender Akashi SixNine is a fantasy owner's dream come true. The rookie blueliner put up 28 assists and also added 2 goals, totalling 32 points this preseason, placing him in second for rookie scoring. His other stats are what really drives his value up though. Blocking 65 shots and making 127 hits, SixNine is a defensive defenseman to the core and will put up stats that will be sure to leave your opponents in the dust. As the young Tampa Bay team grows around him, watch for his offensive production to blossom. @FourFour

Word Count: 200+

[Image: Jepox.gif]