Create Account

Kalju comments on PenKnight case

07-11-2019, 06:34 PMbbjygm Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:28 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: It might be based on their voice is annoying too, but it might be that it is a feminist voice, but point blank judging him this harshly is more immaturity than just bringing it up.

I thought he was referring to that, as well, but it really just looks like he doesn't like them in sports.

[Image: G4MdWTN.jpg]

He "[doesn't] like women announcing sports in general" and "[doesn't] like em talking sport". That sounds more like he doesn't like women talking sports content rather than he doesn't like women's voices announcing.
Okay and he is entitled to that opinion, but I feel it is very immature. To try and prove a point that he is sexist and judge him on a public forum.

This is so embarrassing

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

07-11-2019, 06:38 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: This is so embarrassing

Check your tone partner

07-11-2019, 06:34 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:29 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: nah that is just straight up wrong. Some opinions are inherently more wrong and harmful than others. His opinion that I don't deserve the same rights and opportunities because I am a woman is inherently more harmful than my opinion that his opinion is bad. If I was saying he was a garbage person because he doesn't like pineapple on pizza, that would be intolerant of me. He's saying I don't deserve to have certain things based on the fact that I am a woman. That's wrong, and I have the right to say it is.

If he had held this bad opinion, and then realized it was wrong and apologized, I wouldn't have a problem with him. This opinion of his is not in the past tense. This is a harmful idea he is perpetuating in the here and now.

But pot meet kettle both black. It is also wrong to solely judge him, and base a person off probably their background because a person has a certain opinion based on a certain time set. I by no means agree with PK. Which is okay, but I'm also not gonna judge him very harshly based on his opinion.

If him thinking I’m lesser because I’m a woman and me not liking his prejudice are opinions of equal weight in your eyes, why bother commenting on either one?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-11-2019, 06:35 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:29 PMbbjygm Wrote: Yeah, but slavery is illegal now. PenKnight's sexist opinions are his CURRENT opinions. I'd hate on America if it was CURRENTLY practicing slavery, but it is not. I'd stop hating on PenKnight if he stopped being sexist (edit: or even clarified he doesn't like the sound of female vocals instead of the overwhelming evidence that he doesn't like females in sports).

I am not saying I agree with what his opinions are, or even protecting him, but it also isn't right to judge him so harshly based on his opinions of his background on a public forum. It causes more drama than their needs to be.

I'm not saying you agree with him either. I'm saying he's sexist and that this defense that "he grew up in a different era" doesn't excuse the sexism or make its impact any lighter. The slavery analogy doesn't work because the modern world learned that it's wrong and changed. Whether PenKnight knows sexism is wrong or not, he hasn't changed with the modern world so his opinions will stick out like a sore thumb. This opinion is so backwards that it has caused me to lose any respect for him as a person, especially since he can't respect women being involved with the sports he watches.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

@ItssYoBoiDaLegend by your own reasoning, aren't you committing just as bad a moral wrongdoing by voicing your opinion that those who voiced their opinion that PenKnight had a bad opinion shouldn't have voiced their opinions?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

07-11-2019, 06:39 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:34 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: But pot meet kettle both black. It is also wrong to solely judge him, and base a person off probably their background because a person has a certain opinion based on a certain time set. I by no means agree with PK. Which is okay, but I'm also not gonna judge him very harshly based on his opinion.

If him thinking I’m lesser because I’m a woman and me not liking his prejudice are opinions of equal weight in your eyes, why bother commenting on either one?

Just because he is in the wrong doesn't mean you have to go in the wrong because he is in the wrong. That's basically if he killed your brother you have to kill him because he killed your brother.

07-11-2019, 06:41 PMhotdog Wrote: @ItssYoBoiDaLegend by your own reasoning, aren't you committing just as bad a moral wrongdoing by voicing your opinion that those who voiced their opinion that PenKnight had a bad opinion shouldn't have voiced their opinions?

I mean if that's how you want to go about it. This whole conversation is just people being immature. If you want jump in and be immature you can do that. Don't let me stop you then.

07-11-2019, 06:43 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:39 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: If him thinking I’m lesser because I’m a woman and me not liking his prejudice are opinions of equal weight in your eyes, why bother commenting on either one?

Just because he is in the wrong doesn't mean you have to go in the wrong because he is in the wrong. That's basically if he killed your brother you have to kill him because he killed your brother.

lmao no it's like if he killed your brother and people saying that him killing your brother was wrong

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

07-11-2019, 06:43 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:39 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: If him thinking I’m lesser because I’m a woman and me not liking his prejudice are opinions of equal weight in your eyes, why bother commenting on either one?

So how is she in the wrong? She criticized him and doesn't like the sexism. She's not reverse-sexisming him, she's voicing her own opinion. It's not an eye-for-an-eye situation.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

07-11-2019, 06:45 PMhotdog Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:43 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: Just because he is in the wrong doesn't mean you have to go in the wrong because he is in the wrong. That's basically if he killed your brother you have to kill him because he killed your brother.

lmao no it's like if he killed your brother and people saying that him killing your brother was wrong

Who the fuck are you to judge him for killing your brother?

I very much agree, it's immature. It's not how I go about things. Now people are coming after me in a public forum.

07-11-2019, 06:47 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:

I very much agree, it's immature. It's not how I go about things. Now people are coming after me in a public forum.

I was talking about you

07-11-2019, 06:47 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
07-11-2019, 06:47 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: I very much agree, it's immature. It's not how I go about things. Now people are coming after me in a public forum.

I was talking about you

Well it's nice to know you think that me telling people it's immature to call out someones opinion on a public forum is embarrassing for you. I'll keep that as a note.

The thread so nice we made it thrice!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points