Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site.

-The initial join was a pretty good time, with the chaos of the Reddit draft and a lot of new people and faces.
-The several SMJHL draft voice chats with the Colorado backroom staff were kinda fun and chaotic, and we drafted some good people for those teams.
-Seeing the positive response to some of the media projects I did like the Prospect Showcase.
-A few of the PTs were really nice and allowed me to be creative, like the Buffalo/New Orleans CW, which is the best work I've ever done on this site I feel. Naked and Afraid got a lot of beef too but I figured out a way to have fun with it.
-Checking the site each day to see how Big Dick Nick was doing was kinda nice, a good part of my morning routine.
-Seeing the success of #TheKids, which are the Winnipeg Jets 3rd line and which my player is a part of. #TheKidsAreAlright

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 03:46 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Code:
Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site?
give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Oh we about to get sappy now huh, well seems like a good a time as any. There have been a lot of people that I have enjoyed meeting since joining the SHL 4 seasons ago. First off @Dangles13 for being my first GM, taking a chance on me in the draft, hiring me as their Co-GM, and just putting up with my shitposts and strange ways. I probably wouldn't have stayed active without you at the helm.

Next @Segi, @GCool, and @wumaduce for being the first teammates I really clicked with. I'm sad we wont get to build the dynasty in Minny together anymore, but Segi and I will still make it a great team. Shout out to Gcool for getting me into the updating team which finances all my players needs and has some pretty cool people in the chat.

Other great teammates in Anaheim who I had the pleasure of playing with and enjoying many insane conversations with include: @SDCore, @Thunfish, @JNH, @Donini13, @shutdown, @tedlamotors, @chetib, and @bbjygm. Winning that cup in my first season as a GM and last season as a player was something special. Glad to still see you all in the LR and even if we arn't on the same teams anymore it's always great to see you guys. Let's get that repeat and add more players to this part of my list.

Shout out to awesome peeps in the Minny LR: @BadWolf, @Leppish, @Shmurph, and @Winter is Coming. Glad to have found a LR that is welcoming and makes me want to continue developing my player and working hard on the TPE Grind. I'm proud of how we have pulled together after the Daco incident and really created a little family.

Other people who have been a blast to interact with across the site in different LR/Discord/Threads: @nour, @notorioustig, @hhh81, @JKortesi81, @"Flareon4043", @bk1689, @esilverm, & a lot more that I can feasibly tag. Keep making the site awesome guys.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I've had a lot of great moments on this site, but the one that still always stands out to me is my first cup win early in my GMing career in New England. The late season and post-season had some down moments: our inactive goalie appearing to make a single post and retire on us just before the end of the season, so suddenly we went from "we're a really strong team with a good chance of winning" to "we have to win now, next season is going to be a rebuild"; some drama at the beginning of the final round that led to us being down in the series. But we won four in a row to win the cup. I remember my Co-GM Storm and I messaging each other all day after the morning sim freaking out because the rest of the team wouldn't know until the PBP was posted. And the PBP itself was salty AF, our team ended up basically abandoning part way through. But in the end, we won, and that kicked off the real beginning of SHL team bonding off-site for me, playing online and listening to music together, making fun of each other but also really enjoying everyone's company over skype. That S23 team was amazing and while I've been closer to people I've played with since (@lil, @Jenny, @bilbo  ) I don't think the team as a whole has ever been as cohesive. I just re-read the greatest team awards post of all time and now I'm feeling all emotional. Great memories of @storm, @Ace, @fever95  , @Mac, @Whikadoodle, @TheNextGreatOne, @artermis, @Underoath10 and I still miss some of the folks we had around then including @Anchorage42, @Bowhuntr11, @BucKo_916. To the probably half-dozen other people that deserve to be on this list, sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

It all started basically with my first series of interactions with the site. @"luketd", @WannabeFinn, and @Mayuu all welcomed me to the site within an hour and I've interacted with all three of them quite a bit since I've been here. Next was a discord invite from @DrunkenTeddy to the rookie discord, where I met all the other rookies and the incredibly helpful rookie mentors too. All of the questions I had were answered super fast and everyone was incredibly friendly and excited too. At that point I realized the strong social draw the site had and was pretty hooked. I was fully hooked though by the prospect showcase that @ArGarBarGar put on. Getting to see what it was really all about was exciting, and it was fun to play with and against all the other rookies in that discord. That all happened in like, two days. It was crazy fun and I'm still around today because of all of that. It's actually funny to see how many of the people from that team stuck around and how stacked of a team it would be...

Monkey D. Luffy @TnlAstatine
Bobby Sharp
Cant Eykhil @linsangeles
William Dougherty
Jim Lahey
Michael Fox @FuzzSHL
Gordie Boomhover @gordieboom
Thomas Shelby
Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla
Brock Emmerton
Nanny McShmee
Mathias Seger @Segi
Karlstraße Scholz @karlssens
Olin O'Dowd
Osbert Whacker @BWIII
Peter Larson @Tomasnz

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

So, I've been on the SHL for a couple years now through some crazy ups and downs of the site. When I first joined it was people like Kai, Jkortesi, Incite, Pris, Tomen, and a few others in the rookie chat that really got me hooked and going on the site. The community aspect really keeps it going when you don't really have actual games you can watch. Being drafted to Vancouver along with some really good players in goilers, storm, quantumcowboy, and many others helped. We had a lot of fun in that locker room, but it wasn't until I got to the SHL level that I really found a SHL family of sorts. The Hamilton Steelhawks haven't managed to win a cup yet in the time I've spent there but they have absolutely become close friends of mine and I wouldn't change that for anything. Guys like Nour, Loco, Sleepy, Adam, Static, Waters, Hallsy, Tig, and many others have really kept me engaged and enjoying the SHL experience.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 07:17 PM by Emiko.)

Code:
Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site?
give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I remember on the first date of coming back to the site @TheDangaZone  welcomed me and messaged me on discord to help me with set up and get on the draftee server. so i'd like to thank them for making my coming back a lot easier! After that it was @notorioustig who contacted me to talk about joining Detroit, i freaking love it here and they're brilliant! i'd also like to thank so fellow falcons @Tydy, @mcgriddleluver, and @ItssYoBoiDaLegend for making me feel welcome and there are more but i forget who everyone is sorry. I'd like to also thank @JSS and @Jepox for giving me a chance in Tampa as it's one of the places i wanted to go too! It was brilliant to see @"BoucherFan12", @jcfbey01, @Carbine, and @MCP_ all on the team as i have talked to them in different leagues or places so it make fitting in a lot easier that with other teams i have joined in other leagues. So thanks everyone!

Code:
167 words
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 08:34 PM by Rublic.)

Code:
Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

One of my favourite and most enjoyable aspect of the SHL/SMJHL is Draft night. There is such a buzz in the air from the new players, the players on current teams hoping to land an awesome line mates and the GM’s who are hoping the player they want falls to their pick. You true get to see the awesome community we have developed here really shine through as newly drafted rookies are welcomed to their new teams via Personal Message or through the locker room or discord. My fondest moments were being drafted to the Calgary Dragons in the second round back in season 18 thanks to O4L @O4L and C00kies @c00kies for having faith in me. I was the second pick for the Dragons following legendary Dragon and current General Manager Esa Anrikkanen @Steelhead77 . Esa was quick to send me a personal message and welcome me to the team. It showed his strong leadership skills that has helped him and C00kies turn the Dragon’s into the most highly decorated SHL team of today. Go Dragons Go!!! Dragonite

Code:
174 words

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I am glad to have joined the Czechian national team. I heard a lot about SHL from people like @majesiu, @caltroit_red_flames and other sim league veterans that I met in Pro Baseball Experience. They made it sound like a lot of fun, and I definitely wanted to help caltroit out in particular by repaying his nice activity in PBE by joining SHL and helping out his national team. I joined SHL with my mind already made up to create as a Czechoslovakian. Michael Scarn soon had 2 WJC Gold Medals under his belt, and I've enjoyed building my player with the advice of @Blastmeaway and @"luketd" who are always helpful in the Czechian locker room. Although I don't think that Czechia has managed to get a gold yet since I joined the SHL, I hope that as Scarn comes into his prime, he can coincide with some of the big veterans like Smythe, McIntyre, Winters, Thomason, and Czerkawski as they'll still be hopefully playing at a very high level.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Where to begin? I've met a lot of good people since joining the site, some I even call my friends now.  I think I have to start with @JKortesi81 . Joe was the first person to make an impact on me. He sent a personalized messaged to me before the draft that has stuck with me. During the draft I was hoping he would pick me as he made the Scarecrows sound like the best place to be. Not only that, he has taught me so much about being a good teammate and GM that I hope I can pass on to others. Shout out to my Scarecrows from my junior years. @SlashACM @DannyMethane @ThatIrishFellow (RIP) @CanadianDuck @Muerto @Scrufdaddy You guys all played a big part in me staying active, hell you even helped me build my player. Shoutout to my current/past Crows that have made this site much more enjoyable. @esilverm @FuzzSHL @gordieboom @Serpe x 13 @esilverm @Mika_Kandinsky @Huck24 @bluesfan55 @Blastmeaway @Dude and everyone single Crow I had interactions with. (so many Crow bois). Shout out to my Specter teammates! @Obsidian311 @Evok @CptSquall @TheDangaZone @slothfacekilla @majesiu That locker room is always active and I'm glad to have signed here and met most of you! Next up we have some of my friends from the Nug. @"cpetrella" @"luketd" @Good_Ole_Kimmy @caltroit_red_flames and all the other nug heads. It's been great gaming with you and seeing all the memes posted daily. My day to day life has been more enjoyable with all the interactions I have had with all these guys. Special shout out to @SlashACM, because you have been one of my best friends here since we got drafted together. I enjoy gaming with you and talking shit in every discord we share. Thanks for being there buddy. Last but not least, @TML99 . Thanks for having me as your Co. We always have good chats about what the hell is going on in the league and you always have a more down to Earth opinion on things.
Scarecrows Specters

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 08:26 AM by ProjectSaint. Edit Reason: Can't even English )

Oh boy where to start.....

First off, got to shout out @ItssYoBoiDaLegend for bringing me into SHL in the first place. Awesome guy who is fun to talk with. And like Bismark, always has a plan.

@eddiesnothere, I honestly didn't expect you to have joined here, nevermind creating a Nigerian player like me. Talking about the prospects of a Pan-African IIHF and how we are going to make it happen has been great.

@Ace, @hotdog and @"Flareon4043" have been hella chill guys once I was drafted into the Pack. I will be back on them nights to bring in those wild statements. Count on it.

And finally, screw it, calling out the whole Colorado Raptors Locker Room. I mean all of you guys, @hhh81 @nykonax @StadiumGambler @Pris @Tomen @39alaska39 @Sleepy @Esso2264 @wumaduce @Ason94 @jason97 @Julio Tokolosh @Jaemistightdabs @NONAME @YVOVD @Jesster @Tate @HeatSiecker @sköldpaddor @jp42 @Good_Ole_Kimmy @FusRoDah @Troy_McClure03. (..............bruh, too many names, and I feel I left some out.........damn). From helping me out with how SHL worked to keeping trust in me during my semi-inactive first season. From the active laughs and talks we had in the LR to even trying out some D&D. You ask me who has the best locker in the J, and no doubt I would say Colorado. Thanks alot for drafting and keeping me here.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 08:20 AM by Acsolap.)

- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Easy choice for me. The Armada locker room is for sure one of the best in the league in terms of both activity and all round conversation that goes on. Some days I just laugh and laugh at the weird shit that goes on in there. The person who deserves the biggest shout out by far is @ml002 for not only drafting me but also keeping me around by being a great all round dude and manager. Other honorable mentions in that category are @Tomen @JayWhy @ej27 @Waters @Weretarantula @artermis @Sleepy @spooked @Boomcheck  @Mac who have all greatly helped contribute making my time in the league a good one.

Secondly would be these guys: @Jenny @Tomasnz @Fordyford @Lynxfire @LonnyBohonos16 @Le_Kris @Gwdjohnson @frithjofr @DaftRaincloud @KenitohMenara @Toivo @Bongo @hotdog who make it worth all the time and effort you end up putting into being a GM on the site. Not all of them are active anymore but its mostly down to these guys that the locker room is popping 24 hours a day and providing me with a daily distraction from some of the monotony of every day life.

Cheers fellas and fellesses.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 08:57 AM by Ragnar.)

As far as people I appreciate on the site, there’s far too many people to list. @Wasty would be very high on the list, as he’s been my SHL GM since I first started here six years ago. Over three players, he’s always made sure to scoop me up. I’d consider us to be real life friends as well, and though we’ve never met in person, we talk through text often and he’d always have a place to stay if he ever came around where I live.

Another one is @"Simply Incorrect" We’ve been boys since I first joined and though he doesn’t frequent the website anymore, he’ll always have a special place in my heart. We had/have the same job in the military and we’ve met in person and worked out together. I even let him borrow my third vehicle for two weeks when he was in San Antonio for training.

Fallah is another one I became personal friends with outside of the website, though he’s inactive these days. He’s a big time real estate agent in LA and is killing it out there. I’m super proud of him.

Of course shout out to @“WannaBeFinn”, @Brandon, @BigTittySmitty, velevra, Ofer, kylrad, martucci, Shane, etc. I got too lazy to tag them. I’m sure I forgot a lot of people.

Also, I miss gorlab.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

There are a handful of people on this site that have made my career worth the effort. They’re the ones that have helped give me motivation to make a successful player. The top two members that have done this are @Zoone16 and Ricebowl (sorry, idk your on-site tag). I have shared some of the best moments of my career with them and am happy to call them my friends. @ej27 and @Jenny also get a ton of credit for being amazing GMs at the beginning of my career, they did an unreal job of creating a great LR in Kelowna. Lastly, I would like to thank @JR95 for building a dynasty and convincing me to waive my NTC with Seattle to go there. I’m thankful that I was able to win and didn’t get my prime wasted on a rebuilding Seattle team.

There are also many others that it was a pleasure to share an LR with; everyone on WKP, Tweeds, Samee, Brumm, Clardy, and the entire S31 Draft Class.

So thank you all.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Oh man, where do you even start with a question like this? I guess the beginning would be as good of a place as any. Have to start with @caltroit_red_flames. The only person I knew on the site when I joined, and really only knew him by name rather than as a person. He welcomed me to Czech along with @Blastmeaway and the place has felt like home since that first day thanks to those guys. That whole gang of Czech rookies we had then were the bomb, special shout out to @KillTheArchitect and @I Am a Coupon, as well as @Schultzy. Pour one out for the homies that aren't with us anymore. The S43 lads, we've all got a bit of a chip on our shoulders and are still fairly close. @notorioustig, @Acsolap, @Mayuu, and @Snussu are all people that are absolutely fantastic and my experience as a rookie and as a member of S43 wouldn't be the same without you guys. I know I've told this story a few times in different locker rooms, but if it weren't for @Pris, I wouldn't still be on the site. She helped me back when I was a fresh faced, wide eyed rookie trying to update and not having a damn clue what I was doing. So love or hate me, thank Pris for me still being here. @Good_Ole_Kimmy is probably my OG bro on the site. From us getting drafted to Colorado together back in S42, our struggles within the organization, to us finally (I say finally like we weren't in only our 3rd actual seasons when we got the job) getting the opportunity to be GMs of our beloved Raptors with the Meme Dream Team in our first year. Then he abandoned me for a little while, but now he's back so it's all good. Love  you fam. @"luketd" Luke and I are the only two survivors from that Czech S43 rookie class, and while we never had the chance to play together in juniors, we've been (generally) linemates at every other level. WJC, IIHF, and now in the SHL. He's one of my best friends on the site and I fully appreciate the way he always pushes me on the getting better each and every week, season, and day. Even though I'll never catch him in TPE, I'm glad we've gotten the chance to be teammates as much as we have and I look forward to seeing what we can win at every level. We're going to skip forward just a touch here, to @hhh81. I think at some point in everyone's SHL career, GMing career, whatever it may be, you hit a point where you're just burned. Tired and frustrated. Boy, did I not realize that the guy that might ultimately go down as my best draft pick (shout out @Tomen, @Ason94, and @StadiumGambler for being awesome people that are also fully in that conversation) would help me realize that I was fully in that spot. Darrow is the ultimate competitor here on the site, but he's also one of the best people on it. He's a person that I consider among the future of this site and if you fucks drive him away, it'll be a massive mistake. Darrow, I fully expect you to be commish one day. You're the bomb. Lastly, but most definitely not least, @JayWhy. I don't exactly have the words to fully describe everything JY has been for me on the site. My GM, one of my best friends, a mentor to me, JY is an absolute gem. Because of him and my interactions with him in S43 early, I knew that I wanted to play for Manhattan. Now I tried my best not to get too attached to the idea, given that the draft is chaos (or at least I thought it was when I joined). But he, along with everyone else, has made Manhattan the place to be. From our regular discussions during the years about all things SHL and life related, he's always there for me as a both a person and a player. I couldn't possibly have asked for a better friend and person to meet on the site. 

I know I definitely missed some people in here and for that, I'm sorry. The SHL has become a big part of my life since I've joined and it wouldn't be without each lovely person that I've had the pleasure of meeting here. Thank you.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52