Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

SHL Team: New England Wolfpack Wolfpack

Minor Leage Affiliate: Montreal Militia Militia

First and foremost, a change in league structure could be great if it weren't for the prospect of fans losing their favorite junior team to relocation. It's a sad state of affairs, and unfortunate reality that teams cannot thrive in certain cities, even if a dedicated fanbase is present. A huge Canadian hockey city like Montreal can succeed if given the chance. So with the great storied hockey regions of New England and Quebec uniting, this is a win-win for everyone. The fans get to see each other more, and as soon as the Montreal fans get to see a young player start to succeed, he can be taken away to the Wolfpack, never to be seen again.

Obviously the New England management will take complete control over these teams. @Ace will remain the GM of New England, as the volatility needs to be there for these seasoned professionals to ensure they don't get complacent, or enjoy themselves. @hotdog will be in charge via skype to Montreal. This will allow for a system where the younger players are treated with dignity and respect until they are ready to crawl through the muck that is Ace's demands for victory in the show.

Word Count: 218

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Tampa’s minor league team would have to be the Orlando Pingus. Located in the middle of the state only an hour drive from Tampa would be ideal for call ups and send downs.

Pingy would have to run the team because why the hell not. They can oogle and  boogle all over the place then go to the rink and noot noot all night. 

We could have some kind of affiliation with Disney so we can get cheap labor at the arena. Maybe even build a small venue on Disney’s property and naming rights and all that. They could have a hockey experience wheee they over charge people to get schooled by minor league hockey players. 

Or if they don’t want to we could put it in sea world. Which makes much more sense now that I think about it. Having the penguins put on a show during the intermission or have shamu jump out of the water after goals.

The sky is the limit. Or the sea rather.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

As someone that has been on this site long enough to see the actual old minor league affiliate system, I know first hand how poorly this system works and how unfun it actually is. With that being said, I would use this chance to put the first team outside of North America. For too long have SHL commissioners been racist against other continents. We've had some great concept teams like the Berlin BOMBERS and the Uganda Unicorns that were never even given a chance to be real teams. That being said with Chicago's popularity in Korea due to the Smebs it only makes sense to put our affiliates in Korea. The SEOUL SYNDICATE will begin to play in S50 and will have all of the Smebs transferring from the SHL to play in their home-town, they've also been in contact with a number of former Korean e-sports players including T0M, Easyhoon and Captain Jack about potentially playing for them next season.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

For the Manhattan Rage, we need an affiliate club in New York proper. Preferably, in or near the metro because to play here, you have to really be in the New York State of Mind. I would put forth the proposal to have our affiliate be in Long Island. They would be the Long Island Wayfarers, paying homage to Long Island as a modern bustling intersection of immigrants and to its roots as the landing place for many immigrants of old who landed there upon arrival. Managing the minor league affiliate would most likely fall under the duties of the co-GM (currently @"luketd") with additional help from the head coach (currently @39alaska39) as necessary. This would help them communicate back to the head GM on prospects' development and ripeness to be promoted to the Manhattan Rage. Alternatively, an aspiring staffer for the team would be able to substitute for one of the aforementioned, most likely the co-GM, who would probably have enough on their plate attending to the GM duties of the SHL club alongside the head GM.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

SHL Team: Texas Renegades
Affiliate: Phoenix Scorpions

[Image: 1-Webp-net-resizeimage.png][Image: Webp-net-resizeimage-1.png]

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

The Toronto North Stars should have an affiliate team in Niagra Falls.  It's a beautiful place where a lot of tourists like to go.  A minor league team being there would give people one more thing to do when visiting the area.  It's also not too far away from Toronto proper, so fans of the North Stars could easily go to games.  I think the team would be called The Niagra Falls Rough Riders.  The name is an ode to those who decided to take a ride over the falls in a barrel.  These people were fearless... or crazy.  Our opponents wouldn't know which we were either based on the way we'd play.  The person in charge of running this team would be @Carpy48 because he's active in the locker room and a solid reliable guy who really loves the game.  I think he'd be a good fit to run a team and a good mentor for all the younger players in the system.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 10:07 PM by ImShiny.)

The minor league team for the Manhattan Rage would be the Queens Liberty. The name liberty would come from the fact that New York has the Statue of Liberty in its harbors.  Also, the team name fits well with the fact that the team will be based out of Queens, New York. The colors would be Blue, Red, and white to honor the flag and Liberty that the statue stands for. To run this team, I would put it up for 2 general managers and a head coach to run the whole team. The first person I would pick to run the minor team would be @"luketd" . Luke knows how to work well with new players and to get them winning cups in no time. The second gm would be @caltroit_red_flames. Cal is able to help younger plays grow and mature quickly to join the big leagues. The Head Coach would be @NJBadApple. Apple knows how to run lines well and get the right combination of players together to win games.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I decided to go a little off board when thinking where the New England Wolfpack's affiliate would be. So I took a long hard look at the name and realised there was only really one place there could be, Old England. I am officially announcing today that the Wolfpack's affiliate team: the Old England Corgis. Being British, I figured that Guy Zheng's agent George Zheng @goldenglutes would be excellent and running the shop. Who cares as long as they keep that twat Ed Balls firmly out of management. I heard he got a job running a NASCAR team? How the hell? Anyway. The Corgis (named for the queen and the relevance to a wolf, if only slight) will be playing in the arena of EIHL team Nottingham Panthers, the National Ice Centre, mainly because it's the only purpose built ice rink in the country but also because Nottingham is an alright place.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

There's many great locations in the US and Canada for Calgary's affiliate team, locations that would have good fan bases and need hockey in their city. However, there is only one place I would relocate us to, Terrace BC, the land of Steelhead and Salmon. Our team affiliate would be name the Terrace Steelheads and we would play on the banks of the mighty Skeena river. I would obviously do extensive scouting of this organization and spend countless hours in and around the Terrace area fishing for steelhead and salmon. Yes this is a selfish reason to choose this location but it's also a great hockey market. I believe Terrace BC won Canada's Kraft hockey town award a few years back. Now who would I choose to manage this team? We have lots of options on Calgary, some of the guys are already working for me in Dragons management, but I would feel comfortable having @Rublic run the show in Terrace for us. He's got SMJHL GM experience and has a similar mind-set to me when it comes to player relationships and would be an excellent coach and rep for our young guys.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Pro Team: Los Angeles Panthers
Farm Affiliate: San Jose Serval

Why the Serval?
I went with Serval because it’s in the cat family, keeping it close to the parent club of Panthers. Not only was keeping the name close to the parent company something I looked for, but I also like that it’s something different. I don’t believe there are any other teams out there called Serval and the uniqueness was something I liked.

Why San Jose?
I chose San Jose to keep the team in California. It happens plenty of times when teams are in need of emergency call ups and keeping the farm team close by to the parent team makes sense. If ever players need to be called up or brought down, the travel time to get there is minimal and won’t be tough on the players.

Who will run it?
If I had to select someone on the Panthers who’s currently not a GM or Co-GM to run this team, I’d have to go with Boromini Cannellini (@ArGarBarGar). He’s been around the SHL a very long time and has experience with player builds and running teams. Not only that, but he is well respected around the league and would surely be seen as an excellent candidate for a position like this.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]