Create Account

S50 PT #3 - Aches & Pains

Right now, Klaus is just having some mental pain after he started slipping in what was going to be his best season ever. About twelve games into the season, Klaus was sitting pretty at 14 points and was leading the Barracuda in scoring, and looked to be on pace for his first ever 50+ season. That was before he decided to stop showing up on game day and dropped down to a regular pace, looking to finish around the 40 point mark. While it will still be a strong season, the awards committee and Top 100 committee hate me and don't want to ever give my player recognition so I know I need a 50+ point season in order to get any sort of spot on that last (I'll probably be the first player to score 50 points and be ranked 100th, and they'll only do it so I stop complaining). Anyways, toodeloo. I had my rant.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

As a goaltender, Markus was always told to be very careful of his groin, thighs and quads, as those were the most important muscles when it comes to positioning and movement. However, in taking so much care of these parts of his body, Markus neglected other parts of his body - namely, his knees and his lower back. Tegernako spends many hours alternating from cold baths to hot saunas in the hopes that his lower back can stop throbbing and hurting so much, and has set up a regimen to work on his knees with the physios - both in Lethbridge and in Minnesota - but so far, it's been to no avail. It hasn't gotten to the point where Tegenrako needs shots of cortizone in his knees just to be able to play, but to have such strained kneecaps at such a young age is a bitter pill to swallow. Thankfully, his lower back is starting to feel better and better as the season goes on - which is a great thing, because his team may need a bit of carrying come playoffs time..!

(183 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

The absolute hardest part about getting older is just how much more susceptible to injury your body comes. In the case of Joe K, well, I’ve played a long time. S50 is my 20th season in hockey, when you combine my juniors career with my SHL career, and when you add in all of the extra playoff games, and Team USA IIHF tournaments, well, that’s a LOT of miles on one person. Currently, my biggest issue is my calf strain. It’s the worst kind of injury because it’s not bad enough to keep me out of action, but it’s easily aggravated again and again. There can be times I wake up feeling great and then BAM!, it pulls again. The training staff in New Orleans have been amazing, mostly because we’ve hired the best staff possible. They’ve been giving me deep tissue massages to get the blood flowing in the calf, and on top of it I do a ridiculous stretching regimen that they assigned me specifically to prevent further injuries. They’ve been tremendous, and I’ve been lucky that this hasn’t gotten much worse than being “fucking annoying”. (188)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Björn knows physical play well and what it costs to him. He isn't tall or even heavy so he can very well feel every check he goes for echo through his body, yet that is the only way he knows how to play. Though with dedicated coaching in Vancouver he has been able to play physical game without ignoring his defensive duties and when he cannot block or check player himself he has been throwing his body on puck's way being currently second in SMJHL for blocked shots. Blocked shot or check every now and then would not feel too bad but once you start to gather more of them Björn can feel his body aching well into next day after intensive game.

Björn also excels in fight which are always bit risky with how they can turn out, with 3 fight so far into season. One loss that hurt like hell, one tied which still left some bruises and latest one where Björn beat Stavros Halkias and only thing hurting after that fight were his fists. Thankfully these no longer come as surprise to Vancouver staff that usually have needed treatment readily available when Björn needs to drop his gloves.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

So far in his young career the smooth skating defenseman Karlstraße Scholz has yet to miss a game due to injury (fingers crossed). This includes playoff runs in all 5 of his seasons, two of which saw him make an appearance in the final round. When asked about how he manages to stay healthy, the young Luxembourger made a rather confused look and simply said "I'm never truly healthy". Those are the brakes for a professional ice hockey player. You're constantly battling and rarely at 100%. When asked if he had any specific injuries he merely laughed and said he'd hate to give away any weak points to the opposition, however his back was quite sore from carrying the Blizzard's powerplay. With 30 seasons in the books Scholz leads all teammates with 7 points on the man advantage. Jordan Von Matt couldn't help but roll his eyes as he continues to carry Scholz on the second line.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

My ankles are always sore these days, I think I've been doing too many skating drills. Well that, and I also took a puck to the side of my foot during a game. Blocking slap shots doesn't feel pretty for awhile, but I'm playing through the pain. My team needs me though, so I can't take time off to let myself heal until the offseason. To cope with the pain, I have my ankle taped up under my socks to help support it. I also am on some over the counter pain killers like arthritis Tylenol (you know, the strong stuff), and I lather Icy Hot all over the sore area right before a game. It has gotten worse over time, playing through it made matters worse, but the training staff is now trying to go easier on me in drills as they can see that I'm hurting. They're also paying close attention to make sure I don't show any signs of something more serious that could leave me out long term or require surgery.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

michael scarn has actually been playing with a gunshot wound for the entire season in buffalo. maybe that explains for his ridiculously poor performance on the ice this season. scarn got the gunshot wound when battling against the notorious villain goldenface who killed his wife and then dug her up and humped her real good. michael scarn toughed out the injury though and has been playing, leading the third line for the stampede. scarn's abdomen has undergone a significant amount of swelling whenever he gets off of a shift on the ice when playing hockey. in fact i do not think scarn has even gone to get the gunshot wound looked at by a doctor or at a hospital or anything. i am pretty sure that the bullet is still lodged in the middle of his body, but michael scarn is a tough sob and doesnt need no doctor to take care of himself when he can just be gritty and play on like a superhero.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

As Wilson has aged every part of his body has begun to slow down and hurt. The legs just can't skate like they used to. They are always sore after every game, where as back in the day he felt like he could play three games a day. To compensate for this he has begun stretching in the hot tub and sauna after every game to unwind the muscles. The stretching keeps them flexible, while the heat keeps them warm. It has helped a bit, but the aging process can only be slowed down so much. On top of the lagging legs, the wrists are starting to get a bit more stiff. He just can't whip that puck around as much as he used to, and the wrist muscles always hurt extra. He's been fixing this with some hot and cold gel applied all over the arms. This really keeps them from seizing up after the games.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

My wrist has been bad for years ever since the school cop messed me up over missing class its been quite rough to recover but the heroine helps. The training staff has hasnt quite found the solution to my withdrawls or how to properly rehab the wrist and it definatly shows in my faceoff ability its really tough to stay strong on my stick. The guys in the locker room help keep spirits high though we've all played this game a long time and the continuity thats built in the room along with trust has helped me more than any team doctors. This season will be telling if i can overcome my previous wrist injury i feel its my only limiting factor in my career (besides HEROINE THAnks @z0rem) if i can push through and utilize my body to its full potential i see no doubt in becoming a star. All that said Carolinas staff has done a great job in rehabbing me from the gate so i see nothing but progress ahead!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Cassius Darrow has been feeling a deep ache in his back from carrying the Buffalo Stampede blue line for stretches of this season so far. Through 30 games, the fourth-year blueliner has already matched his career high of 27 points while leading the team with 20 assists. He also leads the team with almost 24 minutes of ice time per game. Darrow is playing in all situations for the league leading Stampede, and his years of a supporting role for Buffalo are finally paying off.

What helps ease the ache is the wins piling up for the John Deere bois, as well as a steady dose of extensive stretching and frigid ice baths. While most SHL players are no stranger to the ice tubs, Darrow takes it a step further. Some training staffers have spoken in hushed tones that they’ve never seen Cassius Darrow as much as grimace from the literal slush tubs he requests.

“That guy… he asks us to get the tubs down to only a degree or two off from freezing for him. There’s no reason for it, but we do it anyway. He’s fucking crazy, but the team’s winning. I have to boil some water after he gets out and add it in to get it up to a reasonable temperature for Booby (@Nerio) or Lobstah (@grok) when they come in after him.”

---
Joke’s aside, we’re playing great and it’s good to see Darrow be a big part of it. xoxo

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

The season is long, and in a universe where the players are forced to play through their injuries, the injuries add up quicker than normal. Julio plays a finesse style, so things are slightly less physical. As a good North American player, he knows how to take a hit, although as a wimpy little punk, he is not able to deal too many bruises. However, with a full-size cow's upper body, Julio's knees carry a bit of a heavier load than most players.

To deal with the mild pain, Julio uses a light depressant called alcohol. Ice cold beers on the bus rides after the game. Whiskey and ginger ale on the cross country flights. Swallowing his Listerine after brushing his teeth. and an ice cold beer on his way to morning skate. staying loose and keeping a cool 0.07 keeps Julio's knees feeling fine, and his milkshakes extra boozy. The issue has been well maintained, and Julio's training regiment keeps his body in top shape.

In regards to the training staff, Julio has a great rapport with them. Like an uncle at a boozy thanksgiving, he shouts at the trainers/nephews "Hey, scamp, run and get old Toko a beer. A budweiser; none of that pussy shit." His knees are going to be just fine.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Jon Forty-One is actually doing pretty well physically all things considered. His jaw sometimes hurts considering the dude loves to fight but luckily it is not anything major. The only issues he has is more mental pain than anything. Aaron Wilson once helped him get over the draft pain he felt with the Vancouver Whalers getting drafted over him and now he is the best they had from that draft class by a country mile. However he is still trying to get over the Whalers abandoning him and also trying to get revenge on the Simulation Hockey League.

Not an easy task to do but he hopes to do it but he will have to avoid moaning or complaining about any injuries he does get. His ankle has given him problems before too but Jon does not like to show weakness or tell management he is not at 100% because he wants to play and beat teams through sheer will power. Jon is a pretty scary dude when he is focused honestly.

173 words

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Code:
Written task (150+ words on the topic, example prompts listed here): What hurts? What helps you deal with the pain? Has it gotten worse over time? How have you been getting along with the training staff and what are they doing to help you out?
Has anyone tried this mustard craze yet? Supposedly it is supposed to help with cramps. That would be crazy helpful. Just keep packets of mustard on the bench to chow down on when you start cramping. Heck at least it would be a mid game snack. I think that is what Mika will try next for her calf cramps. Girl is all about her crazes. In the course of a game I get at least two calf cramps. I guess that's what happens when your ice time gets upped without proper endurance training. Of course it has gotten worse over time because of the increased time on ice. The training staff has been crazy nice in finding a solution, even if that involves going to the gym more. There logic is, if you work through it then it will happen less. hmm seems a bit flawed but I have nothing to loose. Anyway hmu if you have proof about the mustard, super curious.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Benjamin Blue is a player with many toughs and hurts, but as we all no, injuries are turned off, so don't put any tpe in durability. So, what Blue likes to do is poke at other players to have a bit of fun. He pokes others and maybe slashes sometimes and maybe... let's leave it at that. Of course, he never has the intent to injure others and doesn't want to injure others. He also knows he cant injure others but makes sure to not cause any sort of great pains.
One time Blue caught Ligma. it was a sad time, as everyone in the Tampa Bay Barracuda locker room was in mourning. Fortunately, Blue recovered quickly and was able to play well again. Also, thankfully, he didn't give anyone else Ligma and advocates for the cure for Ligma to be found. That's the only injury that Blue has ever gotten.

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Leo Lockhart is still a pretty young guy and he's not a super physical player yet, so he hasn't had to deal with any super serious injuries. Sure, he's has to deal with the typical aches and pains that come from playing a high intensity, full contact sport like hockey, but he's been lucky thus far and has escaped any grievous injury. He's never had a concussion or any broken bones or torn muscles or ligaments. In fact, he's only had one injury that's kept him out for any period of time and that was pre-juniors. The worst injury he's sustained in his entire career was a contusion on his abdomen just below his chest pad that he got from blocking a shot before he was ever even drafted to the armada. I'm sure, as his game becomes more physical, he'll be more prone to injury, but as far as normal aches and pains go, the Pride trainers are pretty good at making sure the players are taken care of.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page