Create Account

Offseason Time-Waster #1 - Which SHL team has the best logo?

Clearly the best logo is the Minnesota Chiefs. I mean, okay, fine, we're not the best. But I've been instructed that if I say anything better about any other team, my contract will end, so here is a list of reasons why the Chiefs logo is better than the rest.

1. It is.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

The best one is the Texas Renegades because it is so much better than the infamously shit one we used to have and so by that metric alone should be deserving of recognition as the league's best

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

The Los Angeles Panthers have the best logo. I’ve felt this way for a long time. I’m an absolute sucker for tropical color schemes and their turquoise and orange just makes me feel warm. The silhouette of the panther is also pretty damn cool!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

The one team brand and logo I love the most is the Chicago Syndicate, just such a cool idea and execution and the right colors as well. Overall a bad ass brand.

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

If I was forced to pick a single team, it would have to be Edmonton. I really like their branding, the fox looks beautiful and the colors are great. Too bad I will probably never wear that jersey in my career.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

This seems like a pretty easy PT, my favorite logos in the SHL go in a very specific order. They are:

Bestia. Czechia
1. NOLA
2. STL
3. Your mom

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Without a doubt, the best logo in the league is the Chicago Syndicate's new logo. It has meaning to each part of it - including the diamond background - and isn't just a random circle with an animal or object thrown inside. @Wasty done killed it again.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I would say the Panthers have the best Logo and also the best branding. It's the most recognizable logo in the league but Buffalo is a close second to this.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

The Edmonton Blizzard have the best logo, bar none, in the entire SHL. With their fiery shade of white fading into a cooler blue and then into a deep blue, the wolf of the Blizzard exudes coolness and calmness.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

The Blizzard definitely have the best logo, the white and ice blue color scheme is sleek, elegant and just perfect. The arctic fox shares the same qualities and fits perfectly with the color scheme

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

My choice is the easy choice, LA. That’s boring, though. Instead, I say bring back the Portland Admirals! I really liked the Admirals. Good colors, and nice logo. Sure, the circle logo was maybe a little uninspired, but it wasn’t bad. The anchor logo was good, and I really liked the Admiral Ackbar logo, even if it was silly. Maybe my love of the Admirals is colored by how much I enjoyed my time on that team, but I’ve heard other people say they liked it as well.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

This is pretty simple really. The best logo in the SHL is the Edmonton. The reason for this is that is one of the best to look at and they have made it matter due to impressive runs while under it. The colour scheme looks great for the little artic fox and it is the best in the entire league! Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard

However, it is not the best league within entire Simulation Hockey League! That goes to the Colorado Raptors! They have a perfect look for the for the entire idea behind the team. They play out of ingen area and they're a raptor! There isn't a more iconic duo in the league. Putting them in Colorado makes sense considering they have a place called Dinosaur! Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM by Nhamlet.)

03-16-2020, 10:49 AMsve7en Wrote:
03-16-2020, 10:16 AMAcsolap Wrote: I think in terms of best logos it is pretty hard to go past LA. It's well known that Wasty is a graphics wizard and he certainly didn't drop the ball on his team logos. Toronto and Manhattan are close runners up.

Shout out to Calgary, Winnipeg, Minnesota and Chicago for rocking absolutely dog shit logos.

LA is great, no bias of course. The blue and orange is a gorgeous combination, the logo itself is clean, and the secondary logo is hella underrated.

Hard disagree on Chicago having dog shit logo(s), although I don't know if you're referring to the ones released yesterday or not. The new primary looks solid and that new alternate logo, while "simple" is amazing.
That new alternate logo in particular is just my favorite I think, in its almost soccer-like influences similar to that in European football logos. It does follow some level of the common structuring or 'syntagmatic axis' that Michailidis, Vambakidou, Kyridis & Christodoulou (2016) refer to in their study of logotypes of football clubs. The first half of the study's results in regards to the socio-historical context of the Chicago Syndicate's logo's linguistics might be lost on me since I don't have the much of the pre-existing knowledge of the teams and the SHL league history. Whereas for the logos of those European Championship League teams' logos Michailidis et al., (2016) used to study have a much richer historical and geographical significance. Comparing to the present population of the SHL, it is a smattering of various users all over the world with a much shorter relative history in comparison it doesn't hold quite the same historical. It would be neat if there was some adjustment made in the logo such as the use of stars in a similar way that the European football leagues signify championship wins. The Bundlesliga made use of stars a means to reward teams in a commemorative system based on tiers (talkSPORT, 2019). It would be an eye-catching way for teams to signify their history and success strictly off of the logo alone. 

But then again we're all playing fake hockey and at the end of the day it looks nice so I like it. 

References 

Μichailidis, I., Vambakidou, I., Kyridis, A., & Christodoulou, A. (2016). The logotypes of football clubs as expressions of collective identities: A socio-semiotic approach. Soccer & Society, 17(4), 464-479.
Why Bayern Munich have only four stars on their shirt: German giants take on Liverpool in the Champions League tonight. (2019, March 13). Retrieved from https://talksport.com/football/127254/wh...ns-league/

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

There are a few of good logos out there, and I am not gonna be a bias one and say Minnesota is the best one because that is who I am associated with. Although I will say Minny's logo is one of the better ones because you look at it and you know what it is, and color scheme is good. The logos that I like personally and think a good are Manhattan, Texas, New England, and Tampa Bay. I like New England and Tampa Bay but since the logo does the same thing, it kind of ruins it for me, but I do love that Cuda looks. Texas is nice and I like that you/they can change the bandanna which makes it awesome, but the best logo in my opinion is the Manhattan Rage logo. The colors are perfect and pop, the the M and the city above that are a nice added feature and shows the little details.

Rage Overall Manhattan Rage has the best logo due to design, color scheme, and pop! Rage

Low key tho, the Portland Admirals is the best logo and should be brought back, just saying!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Looking through all the logos in the SHL, there is some tough competition for top logo. But if I had to choose, the Edmonton Blizzards have a fantastic logo that is just perfect. The colors are just perfect, and its even fitting due to the fact that they are an ice hockey team and have cool (temperature-wise) colors.

After Edmonton, the Chicago Syndicate's logo is great. It can be pretty hard to incorporate a human in a logo without it looking funky, but this one takes the cake . It's also one of the only logos that I've seen stick with me, mainly due to the fact that I feel like I'm being interrogated by the mascot and I just said the wrong answer. Also, that alternate logo is stunning.

[Image: EXyOBWw.png]