Create Account

S53 PT #3 - Build A Front Office

A negotiator - Nour, that's my choice. He's fantastic guy and I think he could do this so good. He likes to talk with anyone and I think that is very big plus for him at this job.

A strategist - Ohh boy, there is a lot of people who can to this. I think I would be good at this too. But if I need to choose one person without me I would like to say that Nictox is very good at this. Yes, he's SMJHL GM now and I'm one of Scarecrows team but we have good results, of course bad games, too. But the strongest teams lose sometimes, too. And we are hot right now, we can beat anyone.

A scout - For this position I think the best will be Hamilton Steelhawks GM and CoGM because they was so good at last draft. They picked me, they picked Andrei and that was the best choice for them in that round. We are active players and yea. And I also think that they are very smart with scouting because they have big experience.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 11:15 AM by KC15.)

Negotiator
This is an easy one, once I realized that @enorama was at least a former SHL member. Not sure if he is still active here, but he is my GM in the VHL and is a real master at the art of the trade. He worked some deals so that in only our 2nd year of existence the D.C. Dragons made it to the playoffs and we are doing even better this year.

Strategist
No better choice here than our very own Chicago GM @Velevra. He can mix and match lines with the best of them and knows how to use the lesser active TPE guys to their best advantage. He is even squeezing value out of Skinner who came on strong, but hasn’t been as much lately.

Scout
I will put myself here @KC15. Haven’t used the skills here in the SHL much, but I was minors GM in the PBE for 3 seasons and I am now in my second season as majors GM and am getting quite a bit better in determining who might actually stick around and who won’t.

Clubhouse Leader
Going with a former Halifax Raider on this one @CementHands. Dude made that LR so much fun. So active and involved and supportive of everyone.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 01:04 PM by awils13.)

A clubhouse leader - @omenolson is the easy choice here because he's got all the qualities a good leader should have. He knows how to make new players feel welcome in the LR, he has a good sense of humor, he's respected by his teammates, he leads by example and he's not afraid to speak his mind which is very important for a clubhouse leader. I remember when he recognized that JPB wasn't captain material and he threatened to request a trade if JPB was ever named captain. I know that might sound extreme but a good leader should take action when necessary which is exactly what Omen did there. Or like that time when the Vancouver GM was being oversensitive and Omen told him to stop. We all were thinking that and it was frankly quite embarrassing for everyone on the team but we weren't going to say anything because he's our GM and all, but not Omen. So that's why I think he would be a great clubhouse leader on any team.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Negotiator - WannabeFinn - Since taking over the Stampede, WBF has turned the franchise from a bottom-feeding team to a perennial contender. He's probably the best GM in the league at making trades, as evidenced by the Stampede somehow always having extra first round picks.

Strategist - aaronwilson - He consistently has the Steelhawks outperforming their TPE level. His exploits in STHS necessitated a switch of sim engine, but the Steelhawk's continued success in FHM speaks to the great work of their coach.

Scout - RedCapeDiver - The newly appointed head scout for the Renegades played a big part in the team's successful S53 Draft, landing three top tier prospects, and I'm sure he will continue to build on the Renes league-best prospect pool.

Clubhouse Leader - dankoa - The leader of the Renes is also the most vocal member in the LR, and is the type of GM that players want to play for.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I will be basing this off the SHL side of things, otherwise the whole thing would just end up being Carolina people.

The Negotiator - @FuzzSHL is a mastermind in Carolina. He surrounds himself with people that shore up his weaknesses, and is good at accumulating talent for deep cup runs, and has handled the current rebuild very well with his UDFA signings and trades this past offseason. He turned a defenseman in his last year into the pick that became top-10 prospect Dwight Knight, while also rewarding the defenseman and sending him to Detroit for one more run at a title.

The Strategist - This was a hard one, as I've seen some FHM wizards in my time here, but I'm gonna go with @Mook based on what I've seen him do with LAP this season. I like his transparency with the team and how he's constantly looking to improve what he's done.

The Scout - @"luketd" is my top choice, but any of the rookie mentors would be great picks here. Their ability to get to know the draft class on a deeper level is a huge benefit when you're considering the value of a top 30 SHL draft pick that could be with your team for literal years. He's super outgoing and invested in the league, which is a huge plus, and he recognizes how much value and potential first gens have.

The Clubhouse Leader - Based on what I've been tagged in, I'd like to think I fit here just based on my activity and content creation. Some people have joked with me about the "cult of Wagner" going on in Carolina and it's been really awesome to see how many rookies in our locker room have really embraced the team and the league under my short tenure as captain. I think I could do similar in a leadership role in an SHL locker room once my time in the J is done.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 12:32 PM by FuzzSHL.)

The Negotiator - While I have been tagged in this, I personally think the best person for this would be @JKortesi81. He has been able to pull off some fantastic trades in New Orleans, sign current players to long-term contracts, and bring in highly sought after free agents who took less money to be a part of the purple and black.

The Strategist - I struggled with this one a bit, but in the end I think @Fitted2106 is my guy here. Someone who knows FHM tactics and tendencies just as much as the next apricot, this is the guy who has found ways to get a team full of rookies into the SMJHL playoffs in tests, the one who has given me and a few others good build advice, and just all-in-all knows what he's doing.

The Scout - No brainer: @slothfacekilla. Carolina would surely have missed on multiple draft picks if it weren't for him. His eye for good people is nearly unmatched in this league, and he'll never admit it or accept it but he has been one of the biggest parts of mine and Trella's success in Carolina.

Clubhouse leader - Gonna go with more Carolina on this one, can I have two? I want two. You're getting two from me, @"cpetrella" and @sve7en. Both of these guys are ridiculously positive in the locker room and have helped the community we have built be as close knit as it is. The Carolina locker room just wouldn't be the same without these guys

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

So for this one it's a little difficult not to just use the front office we already have in NOLA since we already have a very good system in place. I wouldn't change anything we have in place now out for anyone on site as much as I love a lot of people here and would love to work with them for sure.

A negotiator - I do believe this has to go to @JKortesi81 and there's not really another choice. He's always a shrewd negotiator and even if we discuss any potential trades and he come up with ideas together in the end he's the best talker I know to get those deals done and make sure NOLA always comes out with what we want. 

A strategist - This one has changed recently with the switch to FHM over STHS. On STHS I'd say it would be between myself and Joe for the most part because we at least understood what we were doing more there (if you could understand complete randomness). Now with the switch there's definitely been a learning curve and we couldn't be happier to have @frithjofr as our coach in this time. He's been amazing with his FHM knowledge and helping us learn the ropes and get used to the switch. He would be our strategist all day every day. 

A scout - This isn't just 1 person. The best scouts I know are the one's who put in the hard work and love to do what they can to help their teams win. @FuzzSHL and @Nictox have both shown they have what it takes to see potential in people and know who the right users are to bring into the team. Having them both as SMJHL GMs has been a great help when we need information on any player they have and we value their insight and information greatly when scouting prospects for us. We also have @Blastmeaway and his absolutely amazing spreadsheets that we would be lost without sometimes. 

A clubhouse leader - This one I believe is the most simple. It's our entire team. As cheesy as that sounds. Every single person on our team has been amazing to helping keep our locker room running amazingly, keeping spirits up in the tough times, and hyping us up during those great ones. It truly is an amazing team to be a part of.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

pbe/nsfl affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 03:52 PM by NONAME.)

Negotiator @Grapehead - SFP was a franchise that struggled mightily until this guy came in. He's turned the franchise around and has made it one of the better teams in the SHL on an annual basis.

Scout @hhh81 -I have watched the man work first hand. He's great at preparing for the drafts and selecting the right players. Once that task is he done he's very interactive and always looking to make the life of a prospect easier to help keep them around. I mean... he drafted me so I think that says a lot.

Clubhouse Leader - @Thatguy91 I have been lucky enough to share a LR room with him in both the SMJHL and SHL. He is a standup guy who always keeps things on the positive side. An overall perfect teammate.

Strategist @LordBirdman  - He's done a lot of playing around in FHM this season with trying out different strategies and player roles to see what works and what doesn't.

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 03:58 PM by bk1689.)

A negotiator - this person should be able to attract free agents, make good trades, and re-sign existing players. This person is responsible for assembling the best possible roster and balancing the organization's budget. (other names: the CFO, the master baiter)

A strategist - this person is in charge of in-game tactics and strategy and should be able to advise players on their builds. This person is responsible for making sure the team is in the best position for success, both on a game-by-game basis and for a cup run. (other names: the COO, the coach)

A scout - this person is in charge of scouting and drafting prospects. This person is responsible for bringing in new talent and developing the prospects once they're drafted. (other names: the recruiter)

A clubhouse leader - more focused on intangibles, this person should be someone who players want to play for and who will get the most out of players. This person should be an inspiring figure who provides calm when times are tough and enthusiasm when they're not. (i just started the "other names" so i could make the master baiter joke for the first one)

Negotiator - @WannabeFinn - This is a tough one as I find esa to be pretty easy to deal with and I feel like he makes good trade, but looking at the big picture, it has to be someone from Buffalo in this position and I chose WBF simply for the fact that I may need to use Tomen later on in this. Buffalo consistenly comes out on top in trades and makes the opposition look like fools after each and every trade they make, so I feel like this is a pretty easy choice.

Strategist - @Steelhead77 - Easy choice here, although I will say I did consider Aaron Wilson just for the simple fact of his breaking the STHS sim and I feel like he will stop at nothing to insure Hamilton will be strong in FHM as well. Esa is a legend in STHS and I am usre that after a couple seasons of FHM, he will get the feel and continue his dominance in this new sim engine.

Scout - @Weretarantula - I've had the pleasure of being on the Dragons scouting team with this gentlemen and I think he has a true eye for skill. WT is a great guy and makes prospects feel at home and is easy to talk to. I think he is a great guy to represent any team and try and convince a player that is the team to go to.

Clubhouse Leader - @Mike Izzy - I obviously have some Calgary bias here, but Izzy will stop at nothing to makre sure the locker room is always active. Wether it's making a new video, posting a box score, hosting a poker night, or being up all hours of the night to talk to anyone that is around. Izzy is a great locker room presence and I am happy to have met him and get to know him.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Man this is a tough one but here we go

The Negotiator: @WannabeFinn A shrewd drafter, a cunning trader and someone who just knows how to play the game and play it right. The kind of GM you wanna play for and who is always on the look out for a deal that's going to better Buffalo. The guy has two cups behind him to prove his meddle and is someone I'd want negotiating for me.

The Strategist: This was a tough one but I am going with @Tomen here. He helped me put together my player when I first came to Buffalo and he always chips in with good build ideas to help me be better and I know if he is doing it for me, he is doing it for others. He's always providing good advice when I see him and is someone I'd wanna play for if he ever became a full GM somewhere.

The Scout: On this one, its @hhh81 all the way. He's the top kip in Colorado so he knows how to develop raw talent and while not a coach in Buffalo, he knows how to keep the development wheels moving and keep people engaged. He brought me to Buffalo, and because of his help and his motivation I became a Bojo Biscuit Winner. The guy has definite chops and is amazing and is a good friend and he is definitely getting this spot in my org.

Clubhouse Leader: @karey gets this nod and its not even close. When my mom got sick and he found out, he messaged me every day to see how I was and when she died, he was there if I needed that shoulder. He single handedly kept me involved in the league when every day went to shit. I'd play for him or the team he was on any day of the week and twice on sunday.

A negotiator - I would have to pick @gorlab as my negotiator. It's not remembered as much as his other qualities, but his player agency was well regarded and infamous for getting massive pay days. Gone were the days of hometown discounts, he was getting big bucks for his boys.

A strategist - It's gotta be @Kylrad, dude's the two time SHL coach of the year with Chicago and just makes it work. In the middle of streaming on twitch? That's fine, he's got lines and we're dominating pre-season.

A scout - Gotta be my boy @KlusteR here, identified a couple gems in our last draft and is always willing to put the work in on our scouting sheet. Absolute beast.

A clubhouse leader - I don't think in my time on the SHL that there's been someone who has united a locker room in the way that @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn has. He's always bringing a clean attitude, participating, is a beautiful artist and is even learning a russian accent to further immersion. What more could you ask for? :clean:

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Igor's scientifically-inclined mind would make him best as a strategist. After all, those years in chemistry classes weren't for nothing. He'd be too aggressive to be a coach though, and he might alienate some of the other players. Igor wants success for his team, but also understands that with his team, it's a long shot. A cup will almost certainly be not in his career, except for the Four-Star Cup of his SMJHL years. For build stats, Igor would be best suited elsewhere. Igor prefers on-game strategy more than builds. Not to say he'd be a bad coach, well, actually he would be a bad coach. Too aggressive, as I said. His mind is for it, but his personality would clash with most players, unless they wanted a tough coach who doesn't know what he's doing. Hopefully that makes sense.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

[Image: fc8dca24d5ec5091c8d8223d124749a4.jpg]

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Well this is a task right up my ally. Who would I pick to be on my team like that? Let's start with the negotiatior. Someone who would attract free agents and can make good trades? Someone I know who has been great for sim league GMs in other league. I would pick no other than @iamslm22 who is just bound to be a great pick here. He takes free agents everywhere he goes.

As the scout, I would honestly use myself since I tend to be pretty good at scouting, so that is kinda boring!

The clubhouse leader would obviously be @slothfacekilla because come on. He is just the best fucking person and he knows how to make the clubhouse fun. We'd have our own spa again!

Strategist is kinda tough. I feel like with this new sim engine I would need to get someone who really knows the engine and such but I don't know enough about the league to know who would really be good in this spot. But yeah needless to say I would get someone who would know the sim well and can help testing and such.

This might actually be fun to do Tongue

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]