Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award

I think this is likely just because it is a numbers game and there are a lot of players that have less than 425 TPE. If we take into account the odds based on that and the flukiness we see in sim engines than there is a decent probability someone with less than the maximum TPE is able to take home an MVP award.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 03:32 PM by Chrisda19.)

Code:
"The SMJHL's West is better than the East"

For: The parity between all the teams in the West is much closer than that of the East. Just simply looking at Point standings alone, the 2nd worst in the West would be in contention for 3rd in the East. Not a lot of teams to go by but still a stat that matters in the end. Detroit has a stranglehold on the East by far, that won't change, but the West is still up for grabs.

Chris de Siren - S52 Anchorage Armada | S53 Calgary Dragons 19th Ovr Draft Pick 

[Image: qc4SnW8.jpg]

Quote:A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award

Whilst I would love to see a goalie (Whiteman or Del Vecchio) be a serious contender for Rookie of the Year, the SHL has historically rarely even looked at goalies for this award. Regardless, I do think that Maximus is ahead of both goalies for his current performance. Nonetheless I do see either goalie in the nominated three.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:

Code:
The New Orleans Specters will be the best SHL team to miss the playoffs

Against

The New Orleans won't be missing the playoffs this season. We've had some ups and downs but we've been turning it on as of late, and I think we will be once again joining in the postseason fun and when we do, watch out.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Code:
Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

For. Toronto's goal differential is worse by a ton. Tampa is at -78 whereas Toronto is at -139 at the time of posting this. With only 14 games to go I don't think Toronto can close the 5 point gap to pass or tie Texas.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Code:
Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

For: he is the best Defenseman for Grit/60. The guy can do everything, block shots, hit the lights out of people, and not let the puck cross the net. The man can do it all, he can even fish

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

A goalie will win the SHL rookie of the year award

For. Why the hell not. With the change to FHM, I feel like anything is possible. We have a good class of rookie goalies, so it's entirely possible for one of them to win the award.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

Since he's on my fantasy team, i am totally rooting for him to win the MVP cause it will mean he's gonna kill it for points and possibly carry me to first place. Go Wagstom!

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL.

I think that's debatable, looking at myself here, heh. Geoff Moore is leading the league in shot blocks by a large margin and also reached the 100 hit limit recently. I think he'd be a solid challenger for Doskocil.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

It saddens me to say this kinda but I am actually in favor for this. There is someone from my team who deserves a shout with Poopity Scoop but it is just very hard to argue against Wagstrom who is almost scoring 1 goal per game this season which should shurely cement them as the MVP this season.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP:

I think Wagstrom is the clear MVP winner this season. 33 goals in 35 games is ridiculous. Imagine if we get a 50 in 50? That would be crazy! I think Wagstrom is putting up a historic season and deserves MVP.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

For, Tampa Bay is not a good team at the moment, but Toronto might be the worst team in the history of the league. They are struggling to be effective in any facet of the game, and if it wasn't for their goalie their record would be even worse.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Quote:One team (Texas or New England) will finish the season without a single OT Loss

It's entirely possible at this point but it would just be a freak occurrence rather than a statement on the performance of either team. Stranger things have happened.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

For.

I am confident in the roster and lines we have for the Panthers, and with SFP finally breaking down, I think we have the west locked down

[Image: creller_dragons.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 05:50 PM by jeffie43.)

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup
For.

Detroit has been a strong team in the SMJHL for a while now and was even the best team in the J last season with a team of rookies (Regular season-wise). After sweeping the Berserkers in the 2nd round and losing to the Scarecrows in 6, I'm sure they're primed and ready to overtake the Scaredcrows this season and make a run at the 4-star cup. They've been the best team in the league by far (IIRC they need a couple of wins to secure the league in general) this season and according to big name SHL players like @Gwdjohnson could very well be the best SMJHL team ever.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl