Create Account

S54 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 04:51 AM by jtam.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

It had been a wonderful season for Rikard Hammarberg. He surpassed all his previous totals and took another step in solidifying his game at the SMJHL level. While his offensive play surged, eclipsing his personal bests from last season with 20 games to spare, Rikard was most proud of his defensive contributions. Rikard ended up with a 0 on +/- after two seasons of atrocious plus/minus numbers. Rikard was entrusted to be on the penalty kill and provided a positive impact on the defensive end with 47 shot blocks, 23 takeaways and a 71 Defensive Game Rating.

Rikard owes his big jump this season to his coaches on both Anaheim and Hamilton with where he needed to improve from last season. Both coaches pinpointed Rikard’s defensive deficiencies, which Rikard worked hard in overcoming, instead of focusing purely on offense. With the defensive side of his game shored up, the offense clicked. Rikard will continue to polish up his game and will be aiming to surpass his totals this season.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

Sweden looks poised to win the S54 WJC this season. With massive improvements from S52 onwards where they won Bronze, as well as S53 where they won Silver, extrapolating these results points to a Gold Medal finish. GMs @roastpuff and @Zema have been actively scouting current and potential prospects to fill the S54 WJC roster and have picked an eclectic mix of power and skill that will be a force to be reckoned with. With many returning players from the S53 silver medalist squad, and another year of seasoning for each of them can only mean great things as they push to capture that WJC gold. Weaknesses from last season had been identified and players have been notified of what they needed to work on to push Sweden over the edge. All that needs to happen now is to put everything together and perform on the ice. As with all single game elimination tournaments, it will be a grind, but Sweden will come out on top.

Code:
8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

Winning the S52 Four Stars Cup was definitely something that brought elation to the team from head office to every single player on the roster. There was a plan that was put forth that year, and it was executed to perfection. While we knew repeating was going to be difficult, we made it to the Conference finals for S53 before being eliminated by a very strong Kelowna side. This year, we exacted our revenge on the Knights, eliminating them in 5, just like they did us a season ago. Now that we are in the S54 finals, we are looking to win our second Four Stars Cup in 3 years, and 3 in 8 years. Our goal has always been to win the Cup this year and we will do everything in our power to achieve that. Looking at how our roster has progressed year to year, and even considering some of the players graduating into the SHL ranks, it is a great time to be an Outlaws fan. We will once again have another strong roster for next season and challenge for the cup again next season.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

a.) Hamilton has the edge in net as they look to repeat their dominance from last season. One year wiser, Geezus Kryyst has been there before and knows what it takes to bring it all home. Kryyst had the better GAA and SV% throughout the season but come playoff time, all bets are off. Should be a good one to watch.
b.) HAM has the better Johnson. I have to choose him, he’s my GM. He is the best Johnson around. In fact, he’s the biggest Johnson with the biggest johnson around. Are there other Johnson’s? No, he is the one and only Johnson. This series will show who the biggest Johnson is. (I am contractually obligated.)
c.) Looking at this series after the fact, and also looking at other results around the league, regular season results play a significant part in forecasting results for playoff series. While there is slight wiggle room in terms of tactics, the quick turnaround time between series and games makes it difficult to adjust tactics on the fly to best match up against your opponent.
d.) New Orleans hands down. I’ll be moving to Hamilton sooner or later, I don’t need a vacation there for now! Wait, unless I am traded. Am I traded? I hope I am not traded. I like it in HAM! Please don’t trade me. I have been to Hamilton before, but never to New Orleans, so that would be a great destination to try out their food, and experience the culture. There’s only so much steel makin’ one can visit!

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Hammarberg

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 04:57 PM by Jerppu.)

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

Jerry Huuveri had a little bit of disappointing season. In his third season in SMJHL he hoped to better the long lasting Colorado starter Samat but just fell short. Huuveri played well, but to steal some minutes from Samat requires to be more than good, you have to be excellent. Huuveri was too inconsistent in his play this year. He couldn't pull more than few good games in a row before he had another poor performance. Being a goalie is much about mental game. If you feel too much pressure coming from yourself or somewhere else, it will affect your game negatively. For the next season Huuveri has a lot more on his shoulders and he has to clear his head this offseason and have a full focus coming next season. Some time with family and friends in home country Sweden and a couple week long annual goalie camp in Finland with great mentors will set Huuveri ready for his last season in SMJHL and for the trophy hunt.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

To be completely honest Huuveri flew right back home when the playoffs run ended with Colorado. He has watched some games from home but the offseason training has consumed most of Huuveri's time. Huuveri has been training with Swedish SHL and SMJHL players this summer and of course there have been discussions about ongoing series but most of us are just focusing on coming international tournaments and the next season. Besides training Huuveri took a week long vacation with his family and friends at beautiful countryside cottage. No phones, no Tv, just good food, nature and a lake. Perfect place to clear head and relax with good company. The SHL finals however are almost a must to watch. Huuveri has watched them for years and it is his ultimate dream. Playing in finals and winning it all. Watching these superstars raising the cup gives Huuveri even more motivation to reach his goals.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?

Two amazing goalies indeed, Cain have had tough luck during his career and is no doubt one of the world's best goalies, just seems like sim gods haven't been on his side past seasons but maybe this is his year. And believe so. Cain will be a absolute beast in net and secure the Challenge Cup to NOLA.

b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?

Gabriel or Darnell, Darnell or Gabriel. I don't know which one is better Johnson but Gabriel has better ring to it in my opinion. First name goes to Gabriel, last name is a tie in my books. So Gabriel Johnson wins this battle 1-0. I'm sure this will give Gabriel a upperhand in the finals.

c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)

Regular season games doesn't mean much coming to a crueling best of seven playoff series after a already long season. SHL finals are a completely different beast than a afternoon game on a wednesday. All previous games and results should thrown to the side and let the more mentally and physically prepared team win.

d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

I would flip a coin. What ever the coin chooses I would explore the city and it's sights for the first day. The next 5 days I would spend Pub crawling, get to know the locals and make a fool out me. After a five days of heavy drinking and memory loss I would be ready to explore the city and it's sights again.

S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

Team Sweden has a great chance to win it all in this year's World Junior Championship. Their defence have great players like Magnus Liljestrom and Sven Yxskaft. These guys will lead the defence and play against the top lines every game. The defence depth isn't bad either, and will hold up against every opponent. The Swedish offence will be lethal with players like Sven Svensson and Reid Sutherland. Canada, USa and URCORCAL will have something to say about Swedish gold medal dreams but Sweden has been so close for so many times now it feels like this is their year. If everything clicks and offence is scoring, defence is holding strong and goalies perform well, I don't see any reason why Sweden wouldn't win it all. It is time to bring the trophy Stockholm and give the fans what they deserve. The Stockholm square will go crazy and the people will party like we have never seen.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

last minute

13+Trivia TPE

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda 

Welfare: NSFL PT    (3 TPE)

Code:

Verification = taco

[Image: snail.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 11:21 AM by Zoone16.)

(16/16 TPE done)

Code:

Let’s be honest here. My player, Luca Del Vecchio, did not perform as well as the previous season. Call it the sophomore slump or regressing to the mean, or even blame it on a less efficient defensive group up front, but at the end of the day the results are that we are sitting out of the playoffs. Overall I would say that this was to be expected considering how all teams learned how to use FHM a lot better this season compared to last. It was kind of nauseating, over the course of the season, to see how many shots Luca faced night after night, often being hit up for 40+ shots a game.
There is not much more I could do beyond continuing to grind it out and gradually improve my player. A goalie is the last rampart of the team but there are five other skaters on the ice that need to improve as well and help out.
(161 words)

Code:
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

Baltimore in the dead heat of the summer is pretty annoying, and with the arena closed to increase capacity (the Platoon being popular here), the cool ice is off-limits. Heat is not a problem for Luca who comes from Italy, and is used to Mediterranean summers after all. However, with nothing to do but practice, he has taken the plane (provided by SDCore of course) to Louisiana to go watch the finals alongside some friends from his draft class. Having not played in the playoffs yet, this was a fun experience for Luca and gave him a taste of playoffs atmosphere, within the arena as well as around the city. Something strange, considering how far south New Orleans is.
All in all, it was a great experience and a first real vacation for Luca, who has been working tirelessly since being called up to the SHL 2 seasons ago. The opportunity to relax and take a step back to look at what he has accomplished so far and being able to share this with friends from his draft class has been a great moment.
(184 words)

Code:

With FHM, there is a lot less randomness with the sim. So this will come as no surprise when I say that the bigger nations in the IIHF will be the ones rising to the top. Most users create a player that is affiliated to either Canada or USA, and as such their depth is rather large. A lot of users have also been recruited over time into teams such as Great Britain, Czechia, Sweden, Germany. With all these teams and less randomness, I believe that my team (Great Britain) has another good shot at a medal, but the gold might be a bit of a reach this season compared to USA & Canada. We have a good number of players at (or near) peak TPE levels, especially on defense, that we have to have some defensemen play at forward. This bodes well for my own player who will have a stronger opportunity to shine in net, now that he has become the starter for the team. (167 words)

Code:

a) Cain is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in the league and as such New Orleans has the advantage on paper in this matchup. It’s been a long time, STHS and FHM included, that both of these goaltenders have been at the top of their game and leading the field. Overall NOLA has the better defensive unit in front and that will help Cain a lot more and hence why I give him the advantage. (74 words)
b) Gabriel Johnson is the man who ruined STHS forever. Since he’s on HAM (who also ruined STHS forever) and the other Johnson (Darnell) has not done anything of the sort, I would give the better Johnson award to Hamilton. That is of course, if we’re talking about game wise. Morally, NOLA Johnson is superior for not ruining the fun of everyone else. (63 words)
c) In general, with the whole TPE gaining, the regular season matchups mean little, especially if they’re early on in the season. In this case, the stylistic differences between the two team make them an interesting point of contention. Answering this post-series, it turns out that it was a good prediction, albeit most games in the series were close even if it was a sweep.  (65 words)
d) Without a doubt I’d be on the first plane to New Orleans, enjoying Louisiana to the fullest. I’d be spending a lot of my time roaming the streets in search of fun local food and looking for local spices and spice blends, which if you were on my team, you’d know is a passion of mine. (57 words)

Code:

Verification Word: Formula1

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:

This season has been one of the worst for Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr. He only scored an abysmal 14 points in the season. For someone with over 1000 TPE, you would expect he would do much better on the ice. As a result he did not meet his individual player goals. Ibra Jr., is going to have to continue his strong work ethic and not let his production on ice affect his mental state. He knows that he will soon become a franchise defender and will continue to improve his on ice performance. Ibra Jr.’s failure to meet team expectations is partly his fault. It could be that he did not focus on the right attributes to improve. Another plausible explanation can be that since his team, Winnipeg Jets, played poorly overall this season, it also resulted in a downward performance for him. Team has not been getting much shots on the opposition this season and thus the offense will need to start going. To not repeat this poor performance, Zlatan Ibra Jr., will continue to improve his offensive game. He will look towards improving his puck handling and passing skills over the off season.

Code:

It is well evident that Winnipeg Jets did not make the playoffs. In fact they were far off from making it. We are currently a bottom tier team with couple of prospects in the pool that are ready to make a jump. I don't know about my teammates personally but I will not watch the finals. I decided that I need to focus on my game if i have any free time. My player Zlatan Ibra jr., decided that it was time he went back to him home country of Sweden, to finesse his skills. He had a poor performance this season and has no time to waste. This is mainly why he is not watching the finals. Whoever the champion may be, Ibra Jr., will like to applaud them for their achievement. In addition, Ibra Jr has one more season with the Jets before his contract is done. He is looking to make a huge jump the following season in terms of individual and team performance.

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?

It is unfortunate that Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei has gone missing. Some sources say that Sergei was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He saw something which he shouldn't have seen and insider information is that he was hit by a hitman. Some say that the has perished while others say that the hitman missed his vitals and Sergei is somewhere hiding until he fully recovers. I hope for Andrei's sake that Sergei returns in a swift and safe manner. May god be with him until he is back to normal and can rejoice with his brother like they used to.At this point it is best if we wait instead of tracking Sergei. Many have high hopes that he is recovering. All we can do right now is wait.

Code:

My predictions for S54 IIHF tournament is the following. I believe USA will once again win it and take home the Gold. Canada was surprisingly defeated by overachievers Team Czechia in S53. I don't think Czechia will be able to pull this off again. As a result, I firmly believe Team Canada will claim Silver. Bronze is a bit of a mash up as there are quite a few contenders. Teams like Great Britain, Sweden, and Germany have all the fundamentals they need to secure that position. If i had to guess, I believe Sweden will take home Bronze. THey have Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr, who is a huge threat on the blue line. My player belongs to Team Sweden and i do think they will fair well. Just maybe not gold or silver but will certainly fight for the bronze spot. THey have Ola Wagstrom who is one of the best forwards in the entire league. Biggest contenders are the teams I predicted above. The two teams that have the highest chance of securing gold will be Canada or USA. THey have immense depth and so much prospect pool. I can't ever see them being an underdog team. Depth is so important here and they have that. They also have that mamba mentality which will make them strive for the gold.

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

After a humiliating defeat of Hamilton Steelhawks by the New Orleans Specters, it will be the perfect time to discuss the series MVP. Hamilton players did not fair well here as they didn’t have much chance to score many points so we won’t talk about them. Now lets take a look at the NOLA players. This team is stacked at forwards. In fact, the top most production players in the entire play-off series are all from NOLA. It gets even harder now as 3 out of those have 20 points with another having 21 points. So we have to look at other stats as well to decide the series MVP. The first thing I look at is who excelled at both ends of the ice, meaning defensively as well. When taking this into consideration, there is a clear winner It is none other than Lil Manius, who I believe won the Jeff Darr award already. The man had the most points in the playoffs at 21 and also was + 16 with 71 hits. He basically did it all and that is why I believe he should be the series MVP.

Code:

Goku

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 04:16 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
I actually debated creating my next player as (Found) Sergei Kostitsyn. I'm sure someone will beat me to it. With the recent trade of Andrei I like to think that Andrei will venture around the league looking for signs of his brother. Maybe he will bounce from team to team asking the locker rooms where his brother is. He could not find him with metalbird, maybe with new wolfie they will know. I have a feeling he's hiding out in Russia somewhere, so he may be more likely to find him by asking his team russia teammates if they've seen him.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.
I feel like this is a pretty easy one to write about myself. Robert Phelps has a great chance at the Hall of Fame after a great career that includes, so far, 3 challenge cup appearances, two cups, 906 points, two four star cups, one gold medal, a silver medal, two bronze medals, a Jesster trophy, and many all star team appearances. I think Phelps is easily a shoe in for the hall and he isn't even done yet, I expect he will play at least 1000 regular season games before retiring and he could even reach 1000 points before then.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down and give you a failing grade.
My Steelhawks, you inspire me to write.
How I love the way you trade and win,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the big win.

Let me compare you to a sexy pie?
You are more gorgeous, menacing and fun.
Fast drought dries the fun picnics of July,
And summertime has the almighty sun.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love your good fun, gaming and friends.
Thinking of your last game night fills my days.
My love for you is the mighty bends.

Now I must away with an astute heart,
Remember my past words whilst we're apart.

Code:
12. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S54 season (on or off the ice)
- S54 playoff round-up
- S54 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S55 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbCY4ua...sp=sharing

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
As much as it pains me to discuss the sweep I have to give a ton of credit to Cain. The NOLA net minder had an amazing series, he came in ready to go and it showed. He held Hamilton to only 3 goals in 3 out of 4 games, despite being heavily outshot in the series. Geezus Kryyst may have been the goalie people were focused on before the series but not anymore. I think Cain is my series MVP, he held New Orleans in games that could have easily been lost without him in net.

Code:
Verification word: DT

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 11:54 AM by peej2189.)

This season was honestly a slight disappointment to me. I made a huge misstep at the beginning by not boosting my stamina first. I let myself sit at 11 until we were close to halfway through the season. This caused me to not get much ice time at all without being useless. Once I got that sorted out though, holy cow I was loving it. It made me feel a ton better about Panda. With this knowledge, I think if I do recreate at some point stamina is going to be one of those priorities in my second season. Looking into the third season for Panda though, with 425 as my new cap I have very high hopes. I hope that I can perform quite a bit better as a power forward in the coming seasons. My goal with this player is to be similar to Evander Kane. A killer power forward who can do it all. 

157 words

Well we all know that Russian's love their vodka, so I would wager to bet that Sergei might have found himself in a bar and has been on a very long bender of drinking. If we can't find Sergei among the bars in any towns, then he might have found himself in the gulag. Not a good place to be while having been intoxicated. The good news is, being from the harsh Russia should help him power through the harder things he may run into. Hopefully he didn't find himself in the middle of a field. Who knows where he could end up.

103 words

Lets be real here, it is quite obvious that team USA and team Canada will be in the top two medal winning spots at the end of IIHF. However, I think there are a few teams that could possibly come through and screw with things a bit in the medal rounds. The first team is Sweden. They are a team with a lot of depth and could easily pull an upset on someone. The next team that I see doing some crazy stuff is Switzerland. Not one player in regression, and a great group of forwards to lead them on the ice, they should be able to score with the best of them. Another team that could possibly come out of the woodwork and get a medal is Czechia, after winning silver last year they could redo some strategy and sneak up on those top teams. My top three go, USA, Canada, Sweden.

153 Words

Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.

Two names, Flacko Lagerfield and Aleister Cain. Both players have done tremendous things in their time in the SHL. Lagerfield has won the Ron Mexico once, and been nominated once. That in itself is quite the journey. They also won the Sarmad Khan trophy twice. Absolutely insane to have such a stellar career and winning both of these trophies. Aleister Cain has been nominated for the John Mcbride trophy 3 different times in their career. While they never won the award itself, being nominated that many times does carry some weight. They have constantly performed at the highest level throughout their career, and have now won a championship. Increasing the chances to make the HOF even more.

117 words

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?

I might get some flack for saying this, but I think there should be a duo for this. Michael Fitted and Tom Fiddler. The reason for this is that both of these guys have plenty of experience in a championship game. Both men played and won two four star cups with the Montreal Militia then the Carolina Kraken after the rebrand. These fellas know the how winning a championship feels, and they know how it feels to lose all 50 games in a season. On top of that, I think Fitted has quite a bit of humor to add to the broadcast team, while Fiddler is a genius at the game of hockey. This duo would make for wonderful TV with their combined antics and intelligence. If I can only pick one for the job. I want a broadcast crew full of absolute comedy. Give me Fitted for the job, and let him drink a few beers before the games start!

161 Words

did I do it

[Image: panico.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 12:36 PM by MrStennett.)

NSFL PT Affiliation (3/16)

Task 1

Well, it was a little bit of both for Blackwood this season. I once again topped my season point total, at forty-two, but my number of goals dropped by quite a bit. I'm a little bit disappointed by that, but I was also demoted to the second line after spending much of last season on the top line playing with probable MVP Tony Pepperoni, so it's really no surprise that the season wasn't all roses. I mean, don't take that as being salty about where I'm playing. I'm happy to do whatever is best for the team, and we did make another playoff run this season. Hopefully, my biggest goal will be fulfilled this coming season, which is to win a Challenge Cup and actually play in all the games. (This because I technically was a part of the S49 cup winning team, but only played like two seconds in the final game of the series.) You take the bad with the good, I suppose. 165 words (6/16)

Task 6

It would have to be my main man, Tony Pepperoni. I mean, as a star for the Edmonton Blizzard, he has ample experience with both of these teams. It seems like we play the Specters and the Steelhawks in the playoffs ever single season. I mean, we lost to New Orleans this season and Hamilton in the finals last season. He might actually have some incredible insight into the players or the teams' strategies. Otherwise, anyone who has ever talked to him knows he has very poignant things to say and is also a very entertaining individual. Saying this as his teammate, it may come across as a little biased, but I'd wager he's one of the more liked people in the general league community and he's certainly one of the most popular and talented players. Having him on the broadcast would certainly bring in a massive ratings boost. That and he could distract from the fact that people have to watch a series with two of the league's most disliked teams. 172 words (9/16)

Task 13

a) Usually I would say that Hamilton has the edge in goal with Kryyst just to piss Slash off, but Cain has absolutely been on fire this postseason and that counts for quite a bit. I know that he was a huge part of the reason the Specters got past us. Also, I'm writing this after the finals are over and New Orleans won, so this answer seems a bit obvious. 70 words
b) It has to be New Orleans, simply for the fact that anyone who gives Gabe a compliment is a massive idiot who probably doesn't even know how to type well enough to answer this question. I mean, Gabe is just the worst and anyone who says any differently can fight me about it. 53 words
c) I suppose in this case, it would be easy to say that head to head matchups are a good predictor, but I'd still say that they aren't. It's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. The Spectors won the series and won both matchups, therefore it's fair to say the two are connected. Well, they aren't. Hamilton is an excellent team with great goal tending and I contest that NOLA got lucky. 74 words
d) Anyone who says Hamilton deserves to be sent their to stay forever. This isn't even a contest. New Orleans is a magical city and I've wanted to visit there for some time. I mean, what's not to like? The food there is bomb and you can carry a drink from a bar out into the street. If you can think of a better place to go, let me know. 69 words (13/16)

Task 16

Verification word: TriviaTime (16/16)

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 12:25 PM by Glyc.)

1. It was a rough season on the blueline for young Sabo Tage. The mid 700 tpe defenseman saw increasing usage on the penalty kill this season in an attempt to take some of the impact off the rest of the team. This endeavour in itself went well in terms of progression however was not yet at the quality we wish for the prospect. His second pro season saw increases across the board as he doubled down on his defensive play, increasing his shot blocks by a tremendous amount over last season, and keeping his +/- at a respectable level of -5. Which for a third pairing second year player is a good total, considering deployment especially. The main change came in the off season previous where, after talks with coaching staff, decided to bite down and pour everything he could into his defensive ability, bringing him to the point of a serviceable defender early in his career. Picking up the rest will be harder now but will be much more rewarding, when we look towards next season. 176

2. It’s been an interesting time this finals, we had a few viewing parties over zoom however it needs to be understood that even if we don’t make the finals it’s a sure bet we watch it. There are some things that just transcend teams. We’ve all been in the league and have connections on the different teams, I personally know a few guys on both teams and its hard to choose who to root for (NOLA) but you just know who’s your guys for that seven game stretch. We’re here for the game first and foremost, with that in mind we’ll watch every series we can. With that being said, we have a virtual chatroom we have set up on zoom and we normally have a good session, sometimes efiug chimes in with an efiug, which is to be expected. Other than that, we have team jackbox sessions which are always a great way to kill time when on the internet. 161

3. I’ve heard of it and I have my theories however I’d rather not go too in depth on here incase the CIA is watching still. Im going to make a few connections here, they may not seem to be anything at first, just wait. One, xbox live, two warzones, three quarantine. My theory is that he was kidnapped by the government in order to test the effects of quarantine protocol on a prospects overall growth as a player. It may not be a coincidence but there are reports of a one “Notstitsyn Kostitsyn” on xbox live bringing reports of this attempted charade. 102

4. I think that there are the usual contenders for the IIHF throne, however I believe those chances have been exacerbated by how the engine prefers higher tpe builds in order to be most effective, whilst bringing the lower and mid tiers closer to where they are in the NHL, the periphery. With that being said, who are those teams and why? Number one is Canada. It’s too hard to discount the juggernaut that is Hockey Canada, with many high TPE players they have astronomical odds compared to previous iterations. However I see a Dark Horse in Austria coming soon, Its more of a gut feeling that anything however I feel that its a well put together team that stands a chance, and with luck and good goaltending could win. We will have to see in the end but I wouldn’t be surprised to see an end result of Gold: Canada Silver: USA Bronze: Austria. 154

5. I’d say it would be Robert Phelps that is the one to hit the hall of fame. One of the best all time in terms of raw TPE gain, and a fantastic all around player, he has finally begun to truly shine with the switch to a more advanced sim engine that respects the effort that was put in by DT. Playing since season 37, he currently has 800 games played for the Steelhawks, an amazing 297 goals and 779 points and stands in the top 20 all time for points, he still has juice in the tank however and should be able to reach a thousand points by the end of his career if he keeps it up. 119

16. glyceru

with trivia possble 16/16

Code:
Stepping up into the big leagues is always a challenge, even if it's only in a backup position, so I was a bit worried about how Olli would do this season, but overall I was actually pleasantly surprised. He didn't have amazing statistics, but the team is so strong that they just needed a competent goalie behind them and Olli was able to deliver that. His GAA of 2.31 was even, dare I say it, pretty good compared to the league. Again, most of the credit for that goes to the incredible play of the Specters putting up a strong defense in front of him, but it's nice to see that he might develop into a good player seasons down the line when he needs to take on a starting role. He's had a great role model in Aleister Cain (for real, thank you for all your help with build advice!) and hopefully one day will get anywhere close to as good as the older goalie.

Code:
Robert Phelps from the Hamilton Steelhawks has an extremely strong case for being a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee. He may not have a ton of individual awards, but he's had success everywhere from juniors to IIHF to the SHL, and has been an extremely consistent player all the way through his career - almost every one of his seasons in the SHL, from his rookie year through regression, he's put up close to 20 goals and 30 assists (often more). It's hard to put up a season that solid at any point, and doing so consistently for over ten seasons is an incredible achievement. (And while his agent may not factor into his Hall of Fame bid, he does also have extremely strong representation.)

Code:
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?
In this case, I'd actually like to suggest a retired player as the ideal commentater for this series: Dieter Dominique. While born in Germany, Dieter's second home was New Orleans before he moved to New England for the SHL, and he was definitely one of the first players to help put hockey into the minds of the city. As an extremely successful player with multiple gold medals and Challenge Cups to his name, it would be great to have a hometown hero helping to add commentary in New Orleans. Dieter is also more charismatic than many hockey players, so I'd expect more from him then the many insights about "getting the pucks in deep" that so many active players would be able to add. He's probably settled into his cape house for the summer, but I'm sure he'd be happy to fly to NOLA to watch his old home team win a cup and be part of the experience.

Code:
c. Hamilton, playing in the East, had an easier route through the regular season and so it's no surprise that their season stats were better. Because of this, and because some teams strategies just stack up better, the head to head scores are a better indication of how these two teams stack up against each other. I would have said that even before the series finished, but in hindsight this appears even more true - it's hard to argue with 4-0.

d. In a normal world, I'd absolutely choose New Orleans - it's a city I've always wanted to visit and never had a chance to do so. I'd want to explore the whole city, eat lots of amazing food, go out and see old creepy mansions, and just take in the ambience of NOLA that sounds like an amazing mixture of fun, decadence, and haunted. That said, right now I wouldn't take a vacation there even if I was being paid to do so given the virus situation...

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: blTNu3I.png]

Code:
verified

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

S54 was a solid season for Esa Parmborg, some numbers were up while others were down, I played pretty well, but there's definitely room for improvement. One thing I wanted to work on coming into S54 was defense, checking and shot blocking. My shots blocked were way up so that was good and I played a tighter checking game, but my +/- was significantly worse so that's something I was not pleased with. Our team struggled with goals against all year so that definitely played a role in the +/- but I didn't do enough when I was on the ice to bring that up. I scored 4 less points than the previous season but my game rating was 78 on the season. I'm pleased with my improvement in overall game rating, but I need to be better at both ends of the ice in S55. I plan on working on offense this off-season because I think the +/- will come up next season naturally with some better luck in team goals against.  [173]

The Dragons are big fans of NOLA as two of our former Dragons started that franchise as GM's and we have a lot of other friends on that team and some are even in our discord. We're always rooting for each other, except when we play each other lol. So we're definitely following the series, but we're not having watch parties. Personally I'm rooting heavily for NOLA to win the series, Joe K and company deserve it and I think it'd be good for the league to see Hamilton not win their 3rd cup in 4 seasons. I think it will be a good match up though, Hamilton probably knows fhm the best out of anyone in the league but NOLA has put some people in place who also are knowledgeable about lines and tactics so they should have a good a chance as anyone to win the series. So yeah we're following it in Calgary but not going too crazy about it, we're still preparing for the upcoming draft and finding ways to improve the team as our off-season started after round 1. [184]

Joe Kurczewski definitely has a great chance to make the hall of fame when his playing career is over. He's already won multiple cups and could add to it with a championship this season. He could potentially finish with 5 cups I think, have to check his history on that but even 4 is amazing. He's had a long successful career and scored a ton of points in both the regular and the post-season. He's also won a league MVP award when he was on the Dragons and probably a few other awards I can't remember. More importantly he's been a big member of the league, held GM positions with great success and always handled himself with class and respect. I think those are the kind of intangibles that put you over the top for the HOF. I think Joe K deserves to be a 1st ballot hall of famer. [100+]

10. Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: Joek.jpg]

Both goalies are fantastic and have put together strong seasons and playoff runs to get their teams to the finals. Kryyst won the cup last season so he probably has an edge in experience which gives Hamilton a slight advantage in net, but Cain is defintiely capable of outplaying him and being a difference maker for NOLA. He will have to if they want to win the series. [50+]

I would definitely choose New Orleans. I'd spend my time eating everything in sight and drinking heavily while hopefully having women flash me their boobs. Then I would eat more and take a nap. I think it'd be a great trip especially with all that cajun food down there, although I'd probably ruin the plumbing in the hotel. [50+]

Answers Submitted. Verification Word: Parm

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Delver Fudgeson fell far below my expected output in pretty much every category. Not what you like to see from a second year player. Not only were goals and assists lower than what should be expected, all stats were down. Takeaways were something Delver excelled at last season, and they’ve fallen to a very poor amount, especially compared to the success there was only one season prior. For what should have been a huge jump on ice to reflect the improvements made in the offseason, this was a very disappointing year. The team struggled in general, so maybe it’s a reflection on the team as a whole, but it seems odd that a player could see such a drop even though they are improving in ability. I don’t know what I’ll try to do better next season. The same as always, I suppose; try to improve and work on important areas of my game that aren’t as good as they could be.

After a lackluster and disappointing season, I don’t know that many of the players on the team are getting together to watch the finals. Or if they are, Delver Fudgeson wasn’t invited. Fair, I guess, seeing as he isn’t the most involved player in the locker room. Delver instead will be focused on getting his training started early. It would be unfortunate to continue his sophomore slump into a total failure of a career. Maybe the games will be on at the gym. If that’s the case, most of Delver’s time watching the finals will be spent from a treadmill or the stationary bike. At the end of the day, as frustrating as it is to miss the playoffs and be forced to see your opponents advance, hockey is still hockey. High level hockey is something that is nearly impossible to not enjoy. I can tell myself I won’t be watching, but I’m sure I won’t be able to avoid at least checking in for a game or two…

Well this is the first I’m hearing of it. Now, if I know anything about those lunatics, it’s that they’re absolutely nuts. Sergei could quite literally be anywhere right now. Maybe he just fell asleep on the bus and it took him to the end of the line. I would start by checking all of the bus stops and junkyards within 100 miles of his last known location. I personally will go on search parties into the woods, which would be my second guess as to where he’s disappeared to. Wandered into the forest in the night, only to be eaten or perhaps find some animals to live with and learn from.

Two words folks: Dick and Clapper. The IIHF, much like the SHL and SMJHL are in a new interesting spot with the way games are played. I think grabbing the “right” players is a more important strategy than it’s ever been. That said, Team Canada has a guy named DICK CLAPPER. How awesome is that. I mean, my goodness, what a name. He has an absolute laser and isn’t afraid to fire it either. I think he’s only gonna improve on last year’s monstrous IIHF campaign that he launched at the world. This guy is built to score, what a legend. Some other teams to watch out for include; teams without a guy on them named Dick Clapper. I don’t even think the other nations should show up. I know I wouldn’t. Not to get smoked by a player named Dick Clapper. This guy has a monster clapper and a monster… Anyway, my prediction is Dick Clapper leads the thing in scoring, and also has the most goals and points.

I think two members of Hamilton have a good shot at making the Hall of Fame when all things are said and done and these two have hung up the skates. Flacko Lagerfield and Robert Phelps. Phelps is a monster on and off the ice, but I’ll be focusing on the league’s leading scorer these last two seasons. Leading the league in scoring in these first two FHM seasons is nothing to scoff at. This guy was built to play in this new era. While his playoffs haven’t quite seen the same scoring pace, his regular season domination alone is the only thing that currently needs to be taken into consideration. What a great performance to kick off this new era of hockey.

If you’re gonna bring a player that isn’t Delver Fudgeson onto the broadcast, (a player who would probably sit around quietly and not know what to say or when to say it. A player who would have no idea who anyone is or what’s going on at this fast paced high level play.) then you can’t go wrong bringing in Dick Clapper. I’ve gotta know what’s going on in this guy’s head. The stories he has, the way he thinks the game. People wouldn’t be able to turn the channel while this guy’s on there. I’ve gotta get into this guy’s head. His name is DICK CLAPPER, people. A high scoring player in the SHL and the international stage, and absolute legend at the bars in every city the team visits. He would have insight on the players, he could probably tell who’s playing hungover just by watching the way they receive a pass.

Total: 16/16

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Code:

Michael Scarn had an interesting season. While his two linemates, Monkey D. Luffy and Buffalo newcomer Matt Kholin had incredible success, each tallying over 70 points on the season, Scarn struggled to find consistency in his play both in his playmaking and his goalscoring capabilities. Scarn ended up well off the pace in points compared to his two linemates, tallying just above 50 points on the season. While this would be an impressive tally for most other players on other teams, Scarn nevertheless was disappointed to see such poor results. Part of Scarn's struggles could have been because he was shifted out to playing on the wing instead of playing at center, where he has played for nearly his entire career. Scarn feels more comfortable distributing the puck from the point, and so playing at the wing disrupted his style of play and likely led to the deterioration in performance we saw.

Code:

Scarn and the rest of his teammates on the Stampede paid close attention to the Challenge Cup Finals this season. While they were bitterly disappointed to have claimed the Presidents' Trophy for the regular season with the most points among any team and still come up short of even playing for the opportunity to win a Challenge Cup, all of the team watched the final series of the SHL season with great curiosity. From observing the series between the Specters and Steelhawks, one can analyze each team's style of play and do some advanced scouting ahead of next season. The Stampede were pretty familiar with the Steelhawks, having played them in their last five playoff appearances, but did not have much experience playing against the Specters. The Specters and Stampede have rarely met in the regular season, and the Specters should retain a strong roster for next season so the Stampede watched the series with great interest.

Code:

Secret agent Michael Scarn is the perfect person to investigate the disappearance of whoever this Sergei guy is. This prompt is very weird because I have no idea who you're talking about, so yeah this is an unfriendly prompt and while I know it's probably here because funny meme, not really nice for casual members to write about. Anyways, Michael Scarn has a nice background working in the FBI and the CIA so he knows how to track down people just by having the slightest scent of them. Scarn's investigative work is fantastic so he will find Sergei and bring him to justice.

Code:

Flacko Lagerfield has an excellence chance to make the Hall of Fame when his days with the Steelhawks are over. Lagerfield has now logged the most points in the SHL for the past two seasons, and I am not sure if he has done it more since before then but this accomplishment is already impressive. Lagerfield is an absolute scoring machine for the Steelhawks, and truly a nightmare for any goalie in the crease on any given night. His playoff success is also fantastic, and I think Lagerfield's impressive performance even as he ages will be duly honored with a spot in the Hall of Fame.

Code:

Alexander Selich of the Buffalo Stampede would make a great sports analyst for the Challenge Cup TV presentation. Selich is one of the most intelligent players in the league, and his leadership on and off the ice helps organize the Stampede to be a contender year in and year out. Selich is also very cool headed, so his level of analysis would certainly be without bias even when commentating a series between the division rivals of the Stampede, the Hamilton Steelhawks, and long time SHL contenders the New Orleans Specters. Selich also hails from a rich heritage of hockey success, as his predecessors in the Selich family were hockey players in the SHL as well. Selich's rich background and attention to detail is what makes him an outstanding player, shown by his ability to convert from a winger to a leading defenseman quickly. Selich would be an excellent addition to the booth.

Code:

Paper

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Code:

Thorbjörn actually fared better than I thought he would this season, especially seeing as how he wasn't operating at the 425 cap, but the one below. He was top three in scoring for the Anchorage Armada, which is something that I was never able to achieve with my last player Jonas. Seeing results like that lend credibility to my idea that retiring was for the best at the point in my SHL career that I was at. I should have one more season with the Armada, this time at the 425 cap and it could be my best season in Anchorage ever between my two players thus far. My dangler archetype which I was at first hesitant about turned out to be the smart choice. While most of my points came from assists during this season that just passed I'll look to hopefully up my goal tally for next season. (150 words)

Code:

For me this is all too familiar. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed when "Where Gabe Johnson?" happened. I am sick of tired of seeing these young men go missing at the prime of their lives. Just as we were able to eventually find Gabe Johnson face down in an anime body pillow on the side of the freeway I hope that we will soon be able to locate the whereabouts of young Sergei. I have solved many SHL related mysteries at this point in my career (Hotdog, you will be very familiar with these), but this may be my biggest challenge yet. (104 words)

Code:

In my mind there is really only one man eligible for the MVP of the New Orleans Specters, and that's Darnell Johnson. Why Darnell, you ask? Well because he has shown constant integrity, tenacity, and a drive to do whatever it takes to win on and off the ice? Here's the most important bit, though - he's actually the only New Orleans player that I know. It is for that special reason that I fully and aggressively put my support behind Darnell Johnson for MVP. I can see the campaign slogan now "Darnell - you know my name." Inspiring, folks. Simply inspiring. (100 words)

Code:

Submitted.

Code:
8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

[Image: Page-1.png]
[Image: Page-2.png]

Code:

Bo Kane from the San Francisco Pride would be an excellent addition to the broadcast team. He's a young future face of the team in San Francisco and has an outstanding knowledge of the sport of hockey. Both analytically and historically. As a player he is extremely cerebral and uses his inherent understanding of positioning and tactics at an almost unprecedented level. During the broadcast he would be able to deeply analyze the tactics the two teams are using out on the ice, which especially would be easy for him seeing as how both teams are using the same ones. He could offer insight into how some of the players are behind the scenes and talk about what it's like to be a player in the SHL. These insights from an active player could be invaluable for a broadcast and help more casual and even hardcore fans of the sport get a deeper understanding of what the SHL is all about.

(161 words)

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

It's my 3rd season in the SHL and it's also my 3rd straight season breaking my single season points record. Once again I played this season on the 3rd line, however I also got time playing on the 2nd Power play unit even though I didn't get many points from playing on it. Individually I think the season was a success for Jakub, 30 points on the 3rd line is nothing to sneeze at plus my stats went up in other categories as well. Defensively my hits and takeaways have also gone up leading to an improved all around performance. I attribute these increase in stats especially on the defensive side to all the hard work I put in during the offseason. I think next season my career will take a huge jump, with a lot of the veterans on their way out that means there will be a lot of chance to show that I can produce given more minutes.

With one IIHF season in the books and the next about to start soon, I think this tournament will be a lot like the last one. I think the top teams are still the USA, Canada, and Czechia, and those are the teams I expect to be playing for the medals again this season. Although those three countries are the favorites, countries like Ireland, Sweden, Great Britian, and Germany all have the talent to make some noise and compete for medals. Last season Russia finished with a 4-8 record and almost qualified to the knockout rounds. This we return almost the same team with only replacing one retiring player. While it's not the deepest roster, it's a pretty young one and is constantly getting better every season. I'd be surprised if we aren't slightly better then we were last season, with another season of getting to experiment with tactics I think we will surprise some people this tournament.

Well now that Andrei Kostitsyn is a New England prospect the hunt for his brother has gone up immensely. Considering Kostitsyn's family is originally from Russia and Jakub's cousin is the new Head of Russian hockey Jakub has asked his cousin to looking into Sergei's disappearance. While there is no new information on his disappearance everyone is confident that some leads will start popping up eventually. With the entire league looking for Sergei I don't think it will be too long before the brothers are reunited again, that is unless someone or something doesn't want him to be found.

While I believe there are atleast a few players on both teams that have a good chance at making the Hall of Fame, my vote goes to Specters Forward turned Defenseman DeMaricus Smith. In his SHL career Smith scored 563 points which puts him 79th in all time career points, he also has over 1000 hits which for an offensively focused forward is a big accomplishment. To go along with his points total Smith has had 4 seasons were he scored 20 goals or more proving hes been one of the be offensive players in the league for quite awhile. Over his career DeMaricus Smith has won 2 Challenge Cups, one with Edmonton and another just this year with New Orleans. He's won 5 league awards including League MVP (S47), People's MVP (S47), Most Points (S47), Most Goals (S47), and Most Dedicated Player (S49). Smith has also racked up a nice career in the IIHF winning a Bronze medal with Czechia along with scoring 110 points in 176 international games.

MVP of the series for me is new Wolfpack member Mitchell van der Heijden from the Spectors. How can you give to anyone else besides the player who scored the game winning goal to complete the sweep of Hamilton? It isn't just the fact he scored the game winning goal, the 3rd line Center had a great playoffs scoring 7 goals which was tied for 3rd most in the playoffs and added another 5 assists. Van der Heijeden really was deadly on the power play as he scored 4 of his 7 goals on the man advantage. The biggest factor is scoring the game winning goal, which makes him not only a NOLA legend but a future legend in the making for the entire league as well. Although to sweep a team it really is a total team effort.

As mentioned it is a very tough choice about where to go, I've always wanted to go to New Orleans and an all expenses paid vacation would be awesome. NOLA is known for it's night life and that's what I'd be spending my time doing. During the day I would probably go hang out on the beaches and just relax and then party it up at night.

PointofNoReturn

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]