Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located at the North Pole. It should be a long, arduous journey to reach it, full of peril and sacrifice. It shall be a holy place, filled with treasures from the past like the used jock straps of the 5th season Hamilton Steelhawks players.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

As someone who has been in the middle of nowhere, please let it be somewhere that is relatively populated. My choices would be a middle-of-the road city. Charleston, South Carolina is a beautiful city, and would be a good option, but I think aiming more central or northern is ideal. In which case a city such as Madison, Wisconsin could be a good compromise with Canadian teams!

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

I think the simulation hockey league hall of fame should be in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Winnipeg being relatively central for the SHL and SMJHL franchises alike, it’s also home to one of the oldest teams in the SHL.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The hall of fame should land itself where it belongs, in Teddy Park's basement. There, @trashae will be able to show off all of the memorabilia he has collected over the years. Ranging from used jock straps, to discarded gloves, to the tape that once fell off of a players stick when it was launched into the stands, Teddy has it all. And it only feels right that the memories of the SHL should be enshrined forever with him in his basement.

[Image: GxHbd5R.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Thnx @Carpy48 for the sig!

Antarctica. The Hall of Fame should be an achievement to enter, and the quest to reach it should be long and arduous. On top of that Antarctica is also required to be neutral by, I don't know, a large number of international treaties. For any other location to host the Hall of Fame would be to introduce bias, which I am sure the SHL doesn't want to do. So the frozen wastes of Antarctica it is.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

SHL Hall of Fame should be in Calgary Alberta, based on history of success with the Dragons franchise and it's a great city in Canada and close to many outdoor recreational opportunities for tourism, etc. Also close to Edmonton so you'd have two of the SHL's most successful franchises very close to the SHL HOF, which makes sense, but it has to be in Calgary so my restaurant Esa's House of Parm can get more business.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

The SHL Hall of Fame should be in Boston. Boston is home to all forms of major sports team, and has historical value. It would be the perfect location to build a shrine to the SHL's legends

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

There are a ton of random cities that have SMJHL and SHL teams so instead of picking one city why don't we just put them in semi trucks that haul around the history of the league. That way the hall of fame can move around from city to city so everyone can see it.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Put it in Minnesota, why do you ask? Well, I thought it would make sense that a place that's known for being very cold and near Canada would be the place for a Hockey Hall of Fame right?

The purist in me says the HoF should be in Canada, but that makes less accessible for Americans. The inverse is also true, so how do we solve this issue? Simple, we put it in Stanstead, Quebec and Derby Line, Vermont. The two towns are essentially a single town with the border going right through the middle of the village.  Townspeople can literally have a next door neighbor who lives in a different country.  The town already has a library that literally straddles the border and is open to citizens of both nations:

[Image: 4584.jpg?width=860&quality=45&auto=forma...fbbef0e13b]
So why can't we do the same thing with the Hall of Fame? Build a beautiful new building right on the border open to citizens of both nations without the worries of a passport.  Hockey already unites the two countries, shouldn't its greatest museum do the same?

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Knowing a little bit about the history of the SHL, there is only one choice, in my mind. West Kendall holds a special place in the lore of the SHL, and I think deserves to be the home for the Hall of Fame.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

not in hamilton. the city is an absolute dump and it should not even have a hockey team. A good place for the hall of fame is of course the northwest territories.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We should put it in Ohio. Why Ohio? I've never been there myself, but I imagine it's a really nice place and all the SHL fans from all around the world would love to travel to Ohio to come and see it.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located in a neutral area which should be an appealing destination to visit while also not being too far away from anyone in particular. For that reason, Narnia is an obvious option as anyone with a wardrobe can easily get there and the Team World v Team Narnia games will be a site to behold

Once again another simple answer, Anchorage Alaska. Why you ask? Well look at all the great players coming out of Anchorage that will forsure make the hall of fame, Otter, Kirkby, Tomen's player.. Lets not forget about young prospect TURG TURG, who should make it into the Hall based on his name alone.

Give it to anchorage.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]