Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

[Image: Ring.png]

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Ahh, the season of BAP!
17 of the 18 teams on site are getting tired of hearing brrt brrrt every sim, but finally the hard work has paid off. with a successful constant pipeline ready to refresh the eventual dwindle of current stars we see Captain Nat Emerson leading the way on the ice, moved into a role player spot. Duncan, Raiden, Nikiforov comprise a dominate lights out top line, the top one in the league for the recent past and long term future from the look of things. They are the place people want to be, with the vision of the rebrand fully realized, the new logo is still top notch, the location is known, the jerseys are wonderful, and the team is on fire. Goaltender Del Vecchio is among the league leaders in all goal tending categories, the defense is stacked and a debate swirls around the forums about whether or not goalies actually make an impact - is BAP where they are because they have a stellar D core, or a top goalie? I think a little of both.

The 60's are primed to see a BAP team even better than WKP of the 40s.

Code:
198 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

In one calendar year there will be one team who will be a step above the rest and that team will be none other then the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Yes they have gone through some historically bad times recently (looking at you 0 win season), but I truly believe in what GMS are doing there and for me it all starts with the S56 SHL entry draft. They absolutely killed that draft with 4 1st round picks, starting with 1st overall Aleksander Kozlov, 6th overall Vladmir Petrov, 12th overall KnockedOut ByOvechkin and 17th overall Phillip Weaver. That haul doesn't even include the steal of the draft at the top of the 2nd round 19th overall Valtterri Kauppinen. All of those players have been having good decent junior careers and are all on the rise to have even better careers in the big leagues. All those players should be in the highlights of their careers by a year from now and Tampa is going to reap the benefits with multiple challenge cups.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

I am not super active on this site, plus I haven't even been here all that much anyways, so I have no idea how well I will be able to analyze the current landscape and predict what the future will look like in several seasons. Now this might be the result of some brainwashing, but I really do think the Tampa Bay Barracudas are going to be doing really well in a few seasons. Even though I am not on the team anymore, I'm still in their locker room and I very much think these guys have the upcoming skill, leadership, and camaraderie to take them to the top. Now, obviously, I would like to see my current team on the top, too, in the future seasons. I believe in the management of the Seattle Argonauts and their ability to steer us into a brighter future than that of the rough seas we are currently in.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

I believe the Rage will still be at the top for a few reasons. The first is they have a tremendous leadership group and with the addition of Shiny as a coach, they seem set up for a long time. The Rage have a history of convincing good, talented free agents to take their talents to the Big Apple as seen recently with stud forward Ola Wagstrom. It is hard to say which free agents will be available then, so the Rage have some contingencies in place with some solid pieces to build around as they look to re-tool soon. Jed Mosley and Matt Sandeen both look like they have good long futures a head of them, while Cal Redacted has been lights out this season during his call up games for the Rage which bode well for the future. Finally, the Rage play in a fairly mediocre division which is always a nice thing to have as they can bad the win column.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

It is quite a fun challenge to predict what will happen a year (6-7 seasons) from now. Longtime contenders will head towards rebuilding, and rebuilding teams will be making a push for playoffd and cup contention. So, let’s give it a quick glance. By S63, I believe that the East will be dominated by a trifecta of teams, that are, Baltimore, Toronto & Tampa. In fact, all three of these teams are on their way up with plenty of prospects now making the jump which means that in 6 seasons from now they’ll be hitting their prime. Look in the West, Calgary, Winnipeg and Texas are my go-to choices for cup contention, with different approaches to the rebuild process. All these teams and we still haven’t evoked the possibility of yet another expansion to make it a nice 20 teams in the league. At the end of the day, S63 is too far away to truly predict and there are too many factors that are at play to truly see what’ll happen.
(172 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2020, 05:09 PM by roastpuff.)

I think the Toronto North Stars are primed to be a top contender in 5-6 season's time, and their core is set to that window with many of the S53 to S55 guys at the top of their respective classes, and the phasing out of the team friendly contracts for the Great Lakes teams as well as pre-update cap shenanigans for teams like Hamilton will mean that a shake up will happen in that division for sure. With guys like Adam Barron, Ryosuke Sato, Scoochie Stratton Ryu Jones and Liam Slate ready to peak in that window, along a still strong Harry Carpet, I think that they will be a force to be reckoned with. Chicago is aging, and so is Hamilton. The Buffalo Stampede will still be a tough opponent as they have a very good drafting pipeline and a ton of prospects, but that means that Toronto will just have to fight one team for the top spot, not 3 others in that same division. After a few tough seasons they can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is a bright one.

(189 words)

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

The thing that happens with this league is that teams usually aren't at the bottom for very long. Sure in a years time the big names might be gone but the managers have set strategies for creating a deep farm system. Buffalo has been on top for so long, as long as I have been in this league even and it looks like they aren't slowing down. One of the key things to look at now are this last draft and the draft before. Those players will be at the top of the TPE board come 2022. The teams to look out for in my eyes are Winnipeg who struck gold in the most recent draft having plenty of top picks. Teams that have been at the bottom for ages like Tampa and Baltimore should be in the mix but likely won't have the firepower to keep up with the top teams. Teams like Edmonton and Manhattan will likely see a harsh decline in team success simply because their core will be in shambles in a years time. Whatever happens, I just hope we see some new teams up at the top instead of the same 3 or 4 teams.
(200 words)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 02:55 PM by retuperkele.)

One might wonder how a great team like Calgary is going to look like in a few seasons from now. Luckily, we will answer that question right now, right here.
For season 64 of the SHL, we may not see some faces at all representing the Dragons, and some may have a lesser role than the one they have right now with Calgary. Players most likely to retire from the Dragons jerseys could include Otis B. Driftwood, Kata Vilde, Nicky Pedersen Jr, Mikael Choybuk, Maxime Bouchard, Leopold Lockhart, Bernik Vrzala and Oliver Klozoff. These are the players that will drop out of the proper TPE range to represent Calgary in season 64.

Now, players most likely to have a lesser impact in season 64, would include a list with Barry Batsbak, Brennan Kennedy Jr, Esa Parmborg, Boris Poroshenko and Kaspars Claude. These players, in season 64, would have a role in depth charts and/or veteran presence for young, upcoming stars that the Calgary does have under them.

Players that would represent Calgary Dragons in season 64 in either first or second line would include players like Luukas Lilja, Mats Marner, Mack Daddy, Joseph Weston, A-Rye Izzy, Chris Goodname and Sachimo Zoidberg III. Cale Amundsen will be replacing Kata Vilde as a starting goaltender in the near future, but will for certain be the starting goaltender for Calgary come season 64, finally.

Prospects dont always turn out great, but will have a potential for depth role. Thomas Rose and Logan Wong both went really down under their potential, but can still become depth elite.

Your potential season 64 Calgary Dragons lineup would look something like this:

Forwards:
1: Joseph Weston - Boris Poroshenko - Barry Batsbak
2: Esa Parmborg - Mats Marner - Mack Daddy
3: ? - Luukas Lilja - ?

Defenders:
1: Kaspars Claude - Chris Goodname
2: Brennan Kennedy Jr. - Sachimo Zoidberg III
3: A-Rye Izzy - ?

Goalies: Cale Amundsen - ?

Now, just a few gaps to fill out, and all of these can be filled out with either trading for players or making wise decisions in the SHL drafts. Calgary still has depth potential for third line in form of Thomas Rose and Logan Wong, if they manage to fill out their potential they will be very great candidates to match alongside Luukas Lilja. Only Izzy's recreate would need a partner in defense and Amundsen would need a backup goalie. All of the guys in the lineup would be still standing above 1400 TPE, making this lineup, one of the most fierce ones in the S64 of SHL, and therefore one of the best candidates for the cup, starting from season 63.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I have not been a member long enough but I do think the team on the up and up so to speak would definitely have to be the Tampa Bay Barracudas. Constant bottom dwellers the last few seasons and especially the infamous season 54 where it should seem to me an all time record of going 0 and 50. Wow! I have to believe that by season 60 and up they will be a team to reckon with. Looking at a very long list a rookie prospects together with all the very young players on the roster today, these same players will be hitting their peaks and thrive to glory as one. They total seven players currently on their roster who are from the season 53 nd 54 draft which by the time the season 60's come along they will be the team leaders. Adding to that impressive list will be all the season 50 guys who are currently top earners and will no doubt be the veterans to be leaned on. The manager has done a great job mixing vets and rookies and prospects to their long term plan and the outlook looks great for this franchise.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

I feel that Tampa Bay could be Cup contenders, depending on how their defense progresses. They've got that top line core of James Ronlain, Tom Fiddler on the roof, and the charismatic enigma Michael Fitted, who are all becoming formidable players that just need a supporting cast to elevate them to a star team. They've stockpiled prospects and will surely hit big on a lot of them. Just so long as they don't run into Calgary in a Final and build up a 3-0 lead.

I also think we will still see Buffalo near the top. Their backroom staff seem to have magic ways of lucking into players and draft picks and constantly re-stocking the shelves. It'll be an attractive free agent destination for a long while as long as the team keeps winning, and they have some tactically astute minds plus an overachieving goalie in Liz Doyle on their side. They'll be hard to top.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

I think it’s pretty clear that the San Francisco Pride will be among the best teams in the league by this time next year. They’ve really struggled and have had some questionable moves done by previous management, but their prospect cupboard is stocked!! I mean, start with who’s coming up next season. Stromberg and Bjerg are both high end talents. Atonescu is their goalie of the future, something they haven’t had in seasons. Simonsson and Kevens are a few forwards highlighted from their 56 class, and their 57 class is quite good too, with players like Kekalainen, McOoooh and Koskinen being big earners. So with all of those players, plus others that I didn’t mention (also guys that could be drafted in 59/60), the Pride look like they’ll be a very competitive team in the SHL. The team has really stuck to the long rebuild instead of trying quick fixes, and I think it could pay off for them.

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

It's difficult to predict the future because things can change quickly in the shl or any other sim league really, but I think teams that are likely to be good one year from now are Texas, Edmonton, Toronto, Tampa Bay, Hamilton, Buffalo, Chicago, probably Atlanta and maybe Calgary.

Texas is already one of the best teams in their conference and they're a few seasons away from their peak.
Edmonton has been a playoff team for as long as I remember, they might not always be favorites to win but they always manage to have a good roster.
Toronto has a good young team and they're gonna be a threat to make the playoffs in the great lakes as soon as next season.
Tampa has enough prospects to field 2 teams, some of those prospects will build good players and by 2021 they will have a great roster that is 2-3 seasons away from its peak, like Texas / Toronto right now.
Hamilton, Buffalo, Chicago are the best teams in the league right now but cap space is gonna be a problem, so these teams should still be good but maybe not head and shoulders above the rest.
I'm not sure about Atlanta, their core players are in regression and they might not have enough prospects ready to step up, due to being an expansion team. Similar thing with Calgary and Manhattan who are no doubt playoff teams at the moment but don't have much in terms of prospects (though I haven't looked at the budgets, maybe I'm wrong)

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]