Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

I have to use alien technology to access hidden files to view box scores from the games that I have participated in. While I am fortunate enough to be able to have this advanced technology to access the information, it would certainly be extremely useful to not have to use it to access box scores. I must say that it was one of the things that most surprised me about this human activity, though it sounds like it is difficult to do. Hopefully it can be done at some point once you humans have solved cold fusion.

01-21-2021, 03:25 AMnotorioustig Wrote:
01-21-2021, 02:20 AMbdu754 Wrote: Oh no i have 0 hours of recorded podcasts under my belt

Sad eh

@grok surely we have a guest spot for a beeg yoshi
Now that I'm an Official HTT Guest I'll have to do check my Busy Podcasting Schedule

it is time for a Drama Thread Recipe from your chef pal grok

Huevos Rancheros

Ingredients:

2 huevos
1 rancheros

Directions:

1. Crack two eggs into a mug. Put salsa on top

2. Put into a microwave for 3 minutes on High (1000 Watt rated, adjust time for your microwave if needed)

3. Scoop contents back into mug

4. Enjoy?

So with all the index talk I can try to fill you all in on what's going on with it. There are only 3 people in HO chat that are really involved in it since it's very technical development work and most don't have the skills for it. In fact I don't know a lot of the code that is being used. Since the actual technical people working on it aren't really there to comment it didn't have it's own section in the state of the union, but it is a priority. Please keep in mind that the people working on the SHL Merch store, the twitter changes, and basically everything else in this original post are not the same people working on the development of the index, doing other work to improve the site is not taking time away from developing the new index.

I'd like to summarize for all of you how the new index works so that you have a bit more understanding of what goes into it. When the simmer uploads the CSV files that fhm exports a script runs to copy the information from those files to a MySQL database, we then run another script to tag all that information with what season it is from and organize it properly in our master database. We have an api (basically a text interface) that reads from the database and spits out raw information. The index sends a query to the api and displays the results in a readable format.

As for progress we have finished setting up the database, the import process is done, the api is done, the frontend/displays are not all done yet. We are working to finish the last pieces to have an index that has the same information as our current index has but with a much easier to use interface. From there we intend to add features to the index including career stats, linkage with the old bojobox info, boxscores, and more. I had hoped that we would have had this minimum index done a couple seasons ago but with anything that is volunteer, people get busy and up until recently we only had one developer for the frontend/display portion of this. Now we have two working on it and it's coming along. I don't have a timeline for it yet but I am hoping that we can move to it soon. Just like most of you I'm sick of looking at the terrible index I created on short notice when it was obvious that this one wasn't coming yet.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-21-2021, 12:26 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: So with all the index talk I can try to fill you all in on what's going on with it. There are only 3 people in HO chat that are really involved in it since it's very technical development work and most don't have the skills for it. In fact I don't know a lot of the code that is being used. Since the actual technical people working on it aren't really there to comment it didn't have it's own section in the state of the union, but it is a priority. Please keep in mind that the people working on the SHL Merch store, the twitter changes, and basically everything else in this original post are not the same people working on the development of the index, doing other work to improve the site is not taking time away from developing the new index.

I'd like to summarize for all of you how the new index works so that you have a bit more understanding of what goes into it. When the simmer uploads the CSV files that fhm exports a script runs to copy the information from those files to a MySQL database, we then run another script to tag all that information with what season it is from and organize it properly in our master database. We have an api (basically a text interface) that reads from the database and spits out raw information. The index sends a query to the api and displays the results in a readable format.

As for progress we have finished setting up the database, the import process is done, the api is done, the frontend/displays are not all done yet. We are working to finish the last pieces to have an index that has the same information as our current index has but with a much easier to use interface. From there we intend to add features to the index including career stats, linkage with the old bojobox info, boxscores, and more. I had hoped that we would have had this minimum index done a couple seasons ago but with anything that is volunteer, people get busy and up until recently we only had one developer for the frontend/display portion of this. Now we have two working on it and it's coming along. I don't have a timeline for it yet but I am hoping that we can move to it soon. Just like most of you I'm sick of looking at the terrible index I created on short notice when it was obvious that this one wasn't coming yet.

where are your 200 hours of podcasts though

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

My 2 cents.

1. Learn to address people politely, lest you sound like a douchenozzle, and people respond accordingly. Remember that we're all humans behind the user names.

2. Any voluntary help is greatly appreciated by HO, not just for the index, but in general. People sometimes need to prioritize other things happening in their lives over the league, so every little bit helps.

3. Update Scale is a WIP, and I'd love to see the top end "squish" addressed, instead of dropping 60 TPE at the higher end. I have a few ideas in mind, don't hesitate to hit me up on site or on Discord, HO.

4. Goalie Logjam is a tough, complicated issue, that's gonna need a serious look.

5. If we're gonna keep the forum LRs, they need to be used regularly by more than one team - which they currently are not. I agree with your IT people - it's wasted space.

6. Milestones need to disappear and be integrated with seasonal training ASAP. They're not fun, they're just depressing for fringe/rebuilding teams.

7. @caltroit_red_flames wants to give us all diabetes with his damn recipe

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

01-21-2021, 12:26 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: So with all the index talk I can try to fill you all in on what's going on with it. There are only 3 people in HO chat that are really involved in it since it's very technical development work and most don't have the skills for it. In fact I don't know a lot of the code that is being used. Since the actual technical people working on it aren't really there to comment it didn't have it's own section in the state of the union, but it is a priority. Please keep in mind that the people working on the SHL Merch store, the twitter changes, and basically everything else in this original post are not the same people working on the development of the index, doing other work to improve the site is not taking time away from developing the new index.

Efficient and concise. You would make a good Sardangian

01-21-2021, 12:30 PMKlusteR Wrote: My 2 cents.

1. Learn to address people politely, lest you sound like a douchenozzle, and people respond accordingly. Remember that we're all humans behind the user names.

This is incorrect.

01-21-2021, 12:30 PMKlusteR Wrote: 7. @caltroit_red_flames wants to give us all diabetes with his damn recipe

Ban Cal tbh

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 12:33 PM by KlusteR.)

01-21-2021, 12:31 PMnyumbayangu Wrote:

This is incorrect.
[Image: funny-pictures-prove-that-you-are-human.jpg]

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

01-20-2021, 11:41 PMZootTX Wrote: I've never done a podcast before. Does this mean I suck and everyone hates me?

yes

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Towel Towel

I for one totally missed the job posting that was a while ago(not that i can help in any coding type of way), it gets easily buried in the job postings. Perhaps there is a better way to get it noticed? I'm sure there are more people with the knowledge that can help when they know that there is an opening. Hell i dont know how we're looking donations wise but im sure people would chime in with a couple bucks here and there if that what it takes to get more hands on it.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

lest you sound like a douchenozzle, and people respond accordingly.

when you type like this you sound like a douchenozzle and i'm now forced to respond accordingly

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

01-21-2021, 12:40 PMJNH Wrote:

lest you sound like a douchenozzle, and people respond accordingly.

when you type like this you sound like a douchenozzle and i'm now forced to respond accordingly

OK Boolly

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

01-21-2021, 12:30 PMKlusteR Wrote: 7. @caltroit_red_flames wants to give us all diabetes with his damn recipe

how dare you disrespect the gamer juice

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs