Create Account

SHL Works Out

06-10-2021, 10:18 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: Don't forget to hit legs people! Nothing funnier than seeing a big upper body dude walking around the gym with legs smaller than my fiancé.

I actually just started squatting again since college. Holy shit -couldn't walk for 3 days, almost fell down the stairs on numerous occasions.

[Image: chris-hemsworth-66.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=978]

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-10-2021, 10:44 AMdankoa Wrote:
06-10-2021, 09:53 AMRagnar Wrote: Hi everyone. Here's my lifting routine.

I do a Push, Pull, Legs workout, doing each one twice a week. Studies show it's ideal to hit each muscle group twice a week.

Day one: Pull
Reverse grip lat pulldowns: 3x12
V-bar lat pulldowns: 3x12
Dumbbell rows: 4x12
Rope lat pressdowns: 4x12
Face pulls: 4x12
Straight bar curls: 4x12
Hammer curls: 4x12
Single dumbbell curls (grab the dumbbell with both hands on the side and hold it vertically): 4x12

Day two: Push
Barbell shoulder press: 3x12
Bench press: 3x12
Incline press: 3x12
Decline flies: 4x12
Pec-deck flies: 4x12
Lateral raises: 6x15
Overhead triceps extension: 4x12
Rope triceps pressdown: 4x12
Triceps kick-backs: 4x12

Day three: Legs
Lunges: 3x30
Close stance hack squat (feet together): 3x15
Close stance hack squat (feet in V pattern): 3x15
Glute bridges: 4x12
Hip abductor: 4x12
Leg curls: 4x12
Leg extension: 4x12
Calf raises: 4x20

Pull day 2 is the same for back with different curls worked in.
Push day 2 is the same for chest and shoulders with different triceps stuff worked in.
Leg day 2 is the same as Leg day 1.

I obviously work out strictly for hypertrophy, and couldn't care less about strength.

Eat big to get big, nerds.
forgot to mention your trenbologna sandwich big boy

I wish. Maybe one day I'll try some sort of steroid. Definitely not tren though. Too many side effects.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 11:41 AM by CampinKiller.)

I'm too lazy to post my workout routine, but!

Remember if you're strength training to have a deload week (where you cut down on weight lifted, sets, even exercises) every so often. I do mine somewhere around every 5-6 weeks, depending on how the joints are feeling and if I'm feeling motivated at the gym.

I recommend doing the big compound exercises (OHP, bench, squat, deadlift) in 5x5s. They're actually both better for not gassing yourself and more effective than doing the normal 3 sets of 8-12.

If you ever don't want to go to the gym, run, or whatever you do, try doing a little bit of what your normal routine is. Sometimes just starting it is all the motivation you needed, and even if you call it early, you'll feel better than if you just skipped the day.

Also BJJ is great for cardio, 10/10 would recommend

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-10-2021, 10:59 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-10-2021, 10:18 AMtakethehorizon Wrote: Don't forget to hit legs people! Nothing funnier than seeing a big upper body dude walking around the gym with legs smaller than my fiancé.

I actually just started squatting again since college. Holy shit -couldn't walk for 3 days, almost fell down the stairs on numerous occasions.

[Image: chris-hemsworth-66.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=978]

lmao. Thor skips leg day

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Ilike

Been doing the ppl routine for hypertrophy off and on for the past year and a bit, but ideally would like to be on all the time, how do y'all stay motivated and disciplined?

Also I've found that creatine is nice if you're not a steroid guy like me.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

It all comes down to what your goals are, really. I workout to be strong and have crazy good stamina/endurance/cardio, so I don't lift to get big (although I've certainly done that in the past), nor do I lift so I can deadlift 500lbs and bench 400lbs anymore, I try to be well-rounded.

You have to eat correctly, especially if you are trying to lose weight, and I recommend having one cheat day a week. If you have access to a pool, I highly recommend swimming, it's an incredibly effective non-impact workout that will greatly increase your cardio. Right now I'm doing full body workouts every other day, basically HIIT circuits, which are designed to just be really shitty with minimal rest, they are not fun, and then cardio in-between those days with either distance runs, sprints or swimming. I stay lean and in-shape year round, I do not ever bulk or cut, because that's just not what I'm going for.

But I have done everything from bodybuilding to crossfit and everything in-between over the years. I've found what I'm doing now works best for my goals, it keeps me looking good, strong and the endurance to endure whatever.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

06-10-2021, 11:44 AMMatteo Wrote: Ilike

Been doing the ppl routine for hypertrophy off and on for the past year and a bit, but ideally would like to be on all the time, how do y'all stay motivated and disciplined?

I stay motivated by the fact that I have crippling anxiety and depression and the gym is really the only thing keeping me from having mental breakdowns. It puts me in such a great mood and makes my anxiety just melt away.

I LOVE lifting. I love the feeling of the pump, of the sweat running down my face, and the results I see.

Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken

06-10-2021, 11:44 AMMatteo Wrote: how do y'all stay motivated and disciplined?

Think about this one time I took a class with a girl who said she liked me, also this other time a girl waved at me from across the street.

Foundational events.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Just a general self-loathing keeps me going lol.

06-10-2021, 12:16 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote:

Just a general self-loathing keeps me going lol.

To be in physical pain, along with already being in mental pain. lol

Stampede  Kraken

[Image: 986b58db8154145fc757189e8fbe50e92d0e1d89...3cde_1.jpg]

Stampede  Kraken

06-10-2021, 12:18 PMRagnar Wrote:
06-10-2021, 12:16 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: Just a general self-loathing keeps me going lol.

To be in physical pain, along with already being in mental pain. lol

Yeah, you get it. Lol

I’m just hoping for someone to help keep me accountable. I can’t even keep myself that way anymore :|. May take you up on the virtual workout sometime @sve7en

06-10-2021, 09:27 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-09-2021, 11:24 PMlmao Wrote: can someone teach me how to work out

It really depends on what your goals are.

If you're like me and not happy with your weight you want to focus mainly on cardio. There are two forms of cardio exercise: aerobic and anaerobic. To keep it simple you can think of it as either constant but steady exercise or short high intensity bursts of exercise respectively. So aerobic would be good if you play something like soccer or basketball where you're not really getting any breaks, anaerobic would be good if you play hockey or football where you're going hard for a lot of short bursts with breaks in between.

Aerobic: Swimming, running outside or on a treadmill, using an elliptical (this is what I do because I have issues with my achilles tendon).

Anaerobic: The best way to do this is probably with High Intensity Interval Training (45 seconds working out really hard and then a 15 second break). I'm not specifically recommending this video but it's an example of something you could workout along with to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edIK5SZYMZo

If you're looking to build muscle I'd still recommend doing cardio at least 2 or 3 times a week. There are videos and things you can lookup to learn how to lift weights but I really think there's no replacement for having someone teach you in person. It's really important to learn not to push yourself too hard when weight lifting to prevent injury, how to properly increase weight during a workout, etc. If you're in high school/college try seeing if your school offers any weight training classes or after school programs. Otherwise I'd recommend trying to get a couple sessions with a person trainer and asking them to teach you the vitals of weight lifting.

thanks man!

definitely looking to gain some muscle. but I know what you mean with cardio, few times I play sports nowadays I get tired a lot quicker than I used to

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

06-10-2021, 09:53 AMRagnar Wrote: Hi everyone. Here's my lifting routine.

I do a Push, Pull, Legs workout, doing each one twice a week. Studies show it's ideal to hit each muscle group twice a week.

Day one: Pull
Reverse grip lat pulldowns: 3x12
V-bar lat pulldowns: 3x12
Dumbbell rows: 4x12
Rope lat pressdowns: 4x12
Face pulls: 4x12
Straight bar curls: 4x12
Hammer curls: 4x12
Single dumbbell curls (grab the dumbbell with both hands on the side and hold it vertically): 4x12

Day two: Push
Barbell shoulder press: 3x12
Bench press: 3x12
Incline press: 3x12
Decline flies: 4x12
Pec-deck flies: 4x12
Lateral raises: 6x15
Overhead triceps extension: 4x12
Rope triceps pressdown: 4x12
Triceps kick-backs: 4x12

Day three: Legs
Lunges: 3x30
Close stance hack squat (feet together): 3x15
Close stance hack squat (feet in V pattern): 3x15
Glute bridges: 4x12
Hip abductor: 4x12
Leg curls: 4x12
Leg extension: 4x12
Calf raises: 4x20

Pull day 2 is the same for back with different curls worked in.
Push day 2 is the same for chest and shoulders with different triceps stuff worked in.
Leg day 2 is the same as Leg day 1.

I obviously work out strictly for hypertrophy, and couldn't care less about strength.

Eat big to get big, nerds.

go get em pepelegs