Create Account

(x2 Media) [GCS] S61 SHL Draft Prospects - Final Rankings

GCS S61 SHL Draft Prospects - Final Ranking

I’m here to introduce my first contribution from Grapehead Central Scouting: my rankings for the S61 SHL draft class! I’m excited to return to scouting draft prospects, and what a big class for me to kick things off with. First of all, I’d like to thank the SMJHL GMs, and the prospects themselves, for answering my questions and giving me lots of information to help with my final rankings.  As for the rankings, they’re based on a set of five ratings, which were each determined with their own “formula” so to speak, and are on a scale from 0.0 to 10.0. The ratings are:

Activity - This rating was given based on the user’s overall participation with the site, as well as with PTs specifically. It also took into account the standard SHL definition of “active” vs “inactive”, so an inactive player received a 0/10.

Multimedia - This rating was given based on the user’s overall contributions to the site through multimedia (Articles, Graphics, Deep Dives, etc). It also took into account the amount of money the user earned through multimedia.

Bank - This rating was given based on the user’s accumulated bank balance, and it was weighted differently for first gen players vs recreates.

User - This rating was given based on the impression the user made on other members of the site, and is by far the most subjective and ambiguous rating of the bunch. Generally speaking, a user who made a positive impression on their classmates and team will score high, and those who made a negative impression or no impression at all will score low. Additionally, this is where my own personal opinions are applied to a rating.

Player - This rating was given based on the player’s TPE, build, and overall presentation of the player.

Each user was then given an overall rating out of 50.0. From there I broke the prospects off into tiers, I made any final adjustments I felt necessary, and then the final rankings were determined.

TIER 1

1 - Melvin Majestik-Moose
@SchwarzNarr
TPE: 329
Rating: 43.0

2 - Willie Miller
@Sebster
TPE: 326
Rating: 41.0

3 - Adelie De Pengu
@WithTheMoose
TPE: 313
Rating: 39.8

4 - Leons Briedis
@monochroma
TPE: 316
Rating: 38.5

5 - Patya Perevalov
@natedoeshockey
TPE: 311
Rating: 37.0

At the top of the list we have a group of five first gen players. I’m not sure if this was a coincidence, but it’s certainly something I’ll take another look at when I do my mid-season ratings for the S62 class. That being said, these five players have shown more than enough to warrant their ranking, and I don’t imagine a team would be disappointed taking any of these five 1st overall. Of course, MMM stands out with the highest rating in the draft class, thanks to large multimedia contributions, but make no mistake, the other four are not to be missed. Unfortunately for Sebster, his ranking here is not likely to reflect in his draft position due to the lower demand for goaltenders, but Willie won’t fall that far because he is one of the best goalie prospects coming out of the SMJHL in a long time.

TIER 2

6 - Gabe-Gooney-Waters Harrak
@nour
TPE: 302
Rating: 33.5

7 - Jannik Nordstern
@KlusteR
TPE: 310
Rating: 33.3

8 - Atticus Hale
@the5urreal
TPE: 315
Rating: 32.8

9 - Bjorn Viggosson
@Ace
TPE: 312
Rating: 32.3

10 - Grogu Mandosson
@Muerto
TPE: 308

11 - Luka Kovacsova
@Slav1cThor
TPE: 286

12 - Petr Svoboda
@artermis
TPE: 285
Rating: 32.0

13 - Darwin Koff
@Lobbanet
TPE: 309
Rating: 31.1

14 - Hans Graf
@Drokeep
TPE: 307
Rating: 31.0

15 - Jay Cue
@Opera_Phantom
TPE: 291
Rating: 30.9

16 - Landon Fischermann
@efischermann
TPE: 309
Rating: 30.5

The second tier of prospects has no shortage of talent either, so don’t be fooled by the number 2 here. Representing the recreates we have nour, KlusteR, Ace, Muerto, artemis, and efischermann. For first gens you’ve got the5urreal, Slav1cThor, Lobbanet, Drokeep, and Opera_Phantom. Several in this group were rated higher for their player build, but many saw their overall rating dip with lower multimedia ratings than the Tier 1 prospects. There are a few names in this tier that wouldn’t be surprising to see picked in the top 5 of the draft though, and absolutely none of these names should be slept on. One interesting note here is that Ace is now the GM of Muerto’s former team, meaning both will be entering the draft normally, so it might be interesting to see if any funny business goes down at the draft.

TIER 3

17 - Max Manning
@jay2233
TPE: 299
Rating: 29.5

18 - Big Newff
@Big Newff
TPE: 290
Rating: 29.4

19 - Conner Tanner
@Keygan
TPE: 284
Rating: 29.3

20 - Tomas Zadina
@caltroit_red_flames
TPE: 314
Rating: 29.3

21 - Eddie Kastrba
@hewasajazzman
TPE: 308
Rating: 29.0

22 - Archangelo Scaradog Jr.
@Citizen of Adraa
TPE: 289
Rating: 28.5

23 - Connor Snooks
@Aleris
TPE: 286
Rating: 27.8

24 - Konstantin Selich
@Tomen
TPE: 280
Rating: 27.5

25 - Sean Stevenson III
@Obsidian311
TPE: 310
Rating: 27.0

26 - Giannis Kroustis
@Air Crou
TPE: 289
Rating: 26.8

27 - Jamal Nightingale
@academydropout
TPE: 277
Rating: 26.5

28 - Donald Jr Trump
@Junior
TPE: 306
Rating: 26.0

29 - Joe Burrow
@LSUFAN101
TPE: 280
Rating: 25.3

The quality of player forced into the third tier by such a large draft class is unreal. Teams will most likely be grabbing these names in the late first/early second round, and they’ll be laughing. You’ve got a former GM in keygan, a IIHF head in cal, plus active GMs CoA and Tomen. Still a lot of high activity ratings among this group, particularly keygan and cal, with about half here scoring at least 9 for activity. All but one player in the group turned in both deep dives as well, which is a nice little boost of TPE for them.

TIER 4

30 - Duncan Mackenzie
@DarkCanuck29
TPE: 296
Rating: 24.8

31 - Sebastian Weiss
@dylanjj37
TPE: 291
Rating: 24.8

32 - Clem Fandango
@UberBJ
TPE: 287
Rating: 23.3

33 - Sam Siege
@EsAmYk
TPE: 230
Rating: 23.0

34 - Towelie
@Blastmeaway
TPE: 267
Rating: 23.0

35 - Steve Collins
@SilverCannon
TPE: 251
Rating: 22.5

36 - Tanner Fox
@FuzzSHL
Rating: 21.5

37 - Spicy MacHaggis
@LairdButler
TPE: 287

38 - Ahlo Kysoka
@Lazyeye
TPE: 266

39 - Rusty Remao
@Sly92
TPE: 284
Rating: 21.4

40 - Samuel Kjellsson
@Tanner
TPE: 270
Rating: 20.8

41 - Dobby Hintzskanen
@ephenssta
TPE: 243
Rating: 20.5

42 - Kayden Pale
@Crazylemire
TPE: 244
Rating: 20.3

43 - Patrice Bergeron Jr.
@FnoRespect
TPE: 276
Rating: 20.3

44 - Wing Wang
@platanocat
TPE: 282
Rating: 20.0

This is the largest group in the rankings, and many could be third tier in a smaller draft class. There are a few players in here that will raise their draft stock much higher than their ranking here just on their personality alone I’m sure, but it only accounts for so much of the final rating. Wing Wang in particular is one I expect to be drafted in a much higher position than they are ranked here. Pretty excellent set of recreates here as well that should go higher than their rating suggests. This just shows that teams will be drafting high end prospects straight through the first two rounds.

TIER 5

45 - Sam Stone
@TML99
TPE: 274
Rating: 19.3

46 - Jeff Hopkins
@H0PPY75
TPE: 236
Rating: 18.8

47 - Doug Glatt
@ConnorM123
TPE: 270
Rating: 18.8

48 - Randy Marsh
@LucidDreams702
TPE: 279
Rating: 18.4

49 - Meeka Keprosoft
@Lowlycrib
TPE: 279
Rating: 17.5

50 - Magnus Galtisson
@Hall
TPE: 244
Rating: 17.3

51 - Jonas Johansson
@Omniscius
TPE: 238
Rating: 17.3

52 - Ellis Lee
@dirigiblejones
Rating: 17.0

53 - Smailliw Edac
@dude_man
TPE: 274
Rating: 16.8

54 - Michael Robertson
@Locagiess
TPE: 252
Rating: 16.5

55 - Barry B. Benson
@MichaelLum30
TPE: 252
Rating: 15.5

56 - Scott Thorn
@greencityny
Rating: 14.8

57 - Jalal ad-Din Afinogenov
@rory
Rating: 14.0

These prospects are still quality prospects, make no mistake from the ratings. The thing is, this group combined for only 19 multimedia submissions, and a single deep dive post, which both have a big impact on the final ratings. That being said, these players are all carrying a good amount of TPE, and most have a comfortable cushion in their bank accounts to keep them going. Some of these players are showing signs of inactivity already though, so at this stage in the draft hopefully GMs have had a chance to chat with any targets they have in this group.

TIER 6

58 - Alexis Paquette
@ReaperComePepegaAim
TPE: 231
Rating: 15.9

59 - Emeril Lagasse
@Emeril
TPE: 247
Rating: 15.5

60 - Vincent Fox
@Jimmysmo27
TPE: 276
Rating: 15.3

61 - Austin MacWard
@AnthonyQuellet
TPE: 240
Rating: 14.5

62 - Chicago Bound
@Sly
TPE: 223
Rating: 13.0

63 - Xman Damson
@Xman1101
TPE: 171
Rating: 11.1

64 - Porg Garros
@thevoicelesscreator
TPE: 232
Rating: 10.3

These players aren’t rated very high, but there’s still good teammates and LR presences available here, and they’ve got some TPE to work with already for the most part. Some teams might pass, but smart GMs will spot the gems still sitting there for the taking. Vincent Fox in particular has a pretty big lead among this group for TPE, and Chicago Bound appears to have made a positive impression on others.

TIER 7

65 - Jason Playstation
@Joester09
TPE: 175
Rating: 16.5

66 - Adriano Donini
@BDonini
TPE: 224
Rating: 14.0

67 - Albert Luck
@RippleLuck
TPE: 232
Rating: 12.8

68 - Petra Sabor
@petralikesbaseball
TPE: 238
Rating: 11.3

69 - King Rhames
@element
TPE: 193
Rating: 10.3

70 - Clifford Wilson
@SirBongo
TPE: 216
Rating: 9.8

71 - Kiya Daz
@Samee
TPE: 190
Rating: 9.3

72 - Tommy Westbrook
@Gooney
TPE: 155
Rating: 8.5

73 - Throat Goat
@Loco
Rating: 8.3

74 - Charlie Bombay
@musha6570
TPE: 219
Rating: 8.0

75 - Pavlov Dogsyuk
@PavlovDogsyuk
TPE: 179
Rating: 7.3

76 - Tim Rocker
@Tropicalfire
TPE: 174
Rating: 7.0

77 - Bernard Metivier
@Kingsfan11
TPE: 194
Rating: 6.5

78 - Luca Shark
@v.2
TPE: 167
Rating: 6.3

79 - Julius Parker
@Galalendon
Rating: 5.8

80 - Ida-mae Mann
@jerometuna
TPE: 215
Rating: 5.3

This final tier is all the players who appear to be inactive at the time of writing, and so there is a bit of upside here for any team that could get some of these players active again. Hopefully at least a few of these users come back and defy these rankings.

So there you have it, the top 80 GCS rated players for the S61 SHL Draft. I’ll be back with a post-draft follow-up article, and stay tuned for the first set of S62 GCS prospect rankings due shortly after the SMJHL pre-season start.

I’d like to finish by saying that these rankings are just a representation of my first attempt to develop a more objective way of scouting, and draft positions will vary heavily from these rankings. I adapted the model from how I used to scout for SHL drafts when I was a GM, but the model itself is still a work in progress. I got lots of ratings wrong I’m sure. In the future I hope to provide a mid-season ranking as well, so any feedback would be so so appreciated by me and would go a long way in helping me produce better rankings. Once again, thank you to everyone who responded to me, and helped me with this project. Also, HUGE shoutout to @Canadice for the SHL Analytic Tools, which helped me save so many steps in this process of compiling data.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Awesome read here Grape

[Image: Wally.png]

update it with my pending update TPE immediately cause it hurts my feelings being tier 3.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

08-12-2021, 03:08 PMKeygan Wrote: update it with my pending update TPE immediately cause it hurts my feelings being tier 3.
shouldve done your deep dives earlier smh my head

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Great read! Excited for the draft!

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

08-12-2021, 03:08 PMKeygan Wrote: update it with my pending update TPE immediately cause it hurts my feelings being tier 3.

I hadn't really accounted for people who might have had a large sum of TPE unclaimed, so I'm glad you mentioned your update, cause it's something I want to work into the equation for future rankings. You're probably not the only one skewed for that reason.

Love the effort!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

put @Gooney in tier 1

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Tier 3 as an updater lol

08-13-2021, 02:11 AMAir Crou Wrote: Tier 3 as an updater lol

Tier 3 is no insult. Just look at some of the big name recreates you're listed with here. There's a ton of factors all being worked into this rating, but you did score high on activity as a result of your work as an updater.

08-13-2021, 12:22 AMtrella Wrote: put @Gooney in tier 1

What if I ranked him so low as a challenge to come back to activity?

Tier 2, not so bad.

I'm pretty sure i'd be Tier 1 if i joined at the TDL.

Great article btw.

08-13-2021, 07:30 AMGrapehead Wrote:
08-13-2021, 02:11 AMAir Crou Wrote: Tier 3 as an updater lol

Tier 3 is no insult. Just look at some of the big name recreates you're listed with here. There's a ton of factors all being worked into this rating, but you did score high on activity as a result of your work as an updater.
I mean, I still have unclaimed TPE so... *shrugs*

Awesome Article

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs