Create Account

s61 mPT #3: Trades

Oh, goodie, I get to talk about the Jon Forfeit pick again.

So coming off S49, the Colorado Raptors had a rough time, and got a spot of luck getting the 3rd overall pick in the S50 SMJHL Draft. There was no one COL's GM, me, loved at 3rd overall, so he shopped the pick. A legendary bidding war came up between CAR and ANA for 3rd overall. In the end, this is what happened:

To [Image: raptors-new.png]
Anthony Archer (Anaheim retains SMJHL salary)
[Image: Raiders-emote.png] S50 3rd (28 oa)
[Image: outlaws3.png] S51 3rd
[Image: outlaws3.png] S52 1st
[Image: outlaws3.png] Reddit 5th

To [Image: outlaws3.png]
[Image: raptors-new.png] S50 1st (3 oa)

With those picks, Colorado drafted C Henrik Lundqvist Jr (S50, 28ov), F Matthew Anderson (S51, 27ov), Hiroshi Ohira (S52, 3rd ov), Glen Anders (S52, 43rd ov). Lundqvist was a solid 4 year J player and went onto an ianctive but solid career in the SHL, Anderson and Anders never amounted to much, and Ohira had a 5 year J career largely inactive. Anaheim took John Forfeit, who was largely as useful as if they lost the pick for tampering. Overall, this trade didn't do great for either team, in part because there weren't a lot of quality players taken around Anders or Anderson's spots.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hamilton traded for me from New England and then traded me back to New England lol. Got a cup out of it so it was worth it imo.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Another one of my sim leagues we ended up trading our star player in order to try and get more depth. We sacrificed a little on the front end, but overall made the team better because of it.

In my personal life I have definitely traded away most of my free time for a significant other. No longer do I have time to play video games any time I want, no longer do I have the time to do what I want to do anytime I wish. However I do get to be with someone that I adore quite often and she recognizes that I dont have my "me" time anymore, so she makes sure that I have at least one or two days a week to be just by myself to recharge.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Code:
Your task: Describe a trade you've made on the SHL or your life. Bought a sig? Money traded for graphics. Signed a contract? Choice of team traded for money. Went to college? Degree traded for debt. Went to sleep? Traded consciousness for energy. Hopefully you get the gist. If you've GMed in this league or another sim league (or even played franchise mode in a sports game) you can also talk about those trades.

I once traded money for chocolate and it was a pretty sweet deal. I got these sick M&M chocolate bars which were very nice. I got the peanut variant, because only a monster (or someone allergic to nuts) doesn't eat the peanut M&Ms.

[43 words]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

I traded my apparent reputation with buffalo by not wanting to play out a bunch of seasons on a team with a new GM and a bunch of inactives for a couple of rings in Baltimore as the #1 D for a few seasons. Seeing how salty they remain about it - it was definitely a good trade to make just for the memes.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Back when I GMed Kelowna one of the early trades I made for the S45 Draft was this one. Montreal's pick ended up being Hans Zucker. Kelowna's picks turned into Guy Zheng (15oa, @goldenglutes ) & Bobby Sharp (45oa, @Nerio ). Thanks @Jearim !

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Lev made a trade with the KGB to bring Russia fame and fortune in the SHL in return for his fathers freedom. His father isnt free yet, and Lev still pursues the fame and fortune of winning the SHL. (39 words)

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2021, 11:18 AM by CampinKiller.)

During 2017 I had applied to a USA Hockey district officiating camp, the fee to attend being like $50, though I'd have to buy a plane ticket to fly to it, so really closer to around $300 altogether. This decision to trade my time (and eventually money) for an application led to me not only getting selected to attend it, but also officiating the Tier I districts that year, and started my officiating "career" so to speak.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

this is troo story. wen i was littel kid i hav hokey cards and i hav lemioo card and somewan com to me and sey hey andrei want dis gretzky card ? i tink gretzky best player i say yes then layter i realyze lemioo best player

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

I used to trade the sandwich my step mother made me for lunch. Sometimes I’d get a dollar, once a kid gave me almost half of a joint for one. They were pretty good sandwiches.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

I've traded my personal life and many individual prizes for my team - Stampede. I could've been selfish defender with many prizes, but I chose to play for my team and I don't regret it. Love Buffalo!

36 words

Stars Stars Stars

One time while backpacking on the AT, I traded some homemade trail mix for a hot dog from some guy I had never met. Good times. The hotdog was not very good though. It was like one of those mostly chicken with a little pork and beef or whatever types. Not super flavorful.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

I wasn't directly involved in this trade, but the reason I'm on BAP right now is largely because of a massive trade just ahead of the S55 draft.  Team legend Bojo wanted a change of scenery and his departure gave the Platoon the 6OA pick which was used to select Teddy Park-now-Murphy.

This isn't a trade I made, but it's one that has had a profound effect on me. The trading of Gabe Johnson from Seattle to Edmonton saw one of my closest friends in the league be sent to a division rival. Now, I get the trade fully but I really want to just dedicate this to how much Gabe means to me and if on the off chance he sees it, you're a true friend and I hope that someday we can play on the same team again. Love you, bud.

[Image: blasoon.gif]