Create Account

Scholz Returns (and tier list)

Scholz Returns

After a brief absence from the SHL the Scholz lineage continues! The son of former Blizzard defenseman Karlstraße Scholz and the grandson of former Hall of Famer and SHL GM Nikolaus Scholz, Oskar is the latest member of the Scholz family to enter the SHL scene and is one of many promising prospects available in the upcoming S68 SMJHL Draft. Standing at 6"4" and weighing in at just under 230 lbs the hulking German from Mannheim is a punishing power forward with gifted scoring touch around the net. With a strong emphasis on two way play Oskar prides himself on his ability to finish checks and use his frame to fight for his space on the ice, especially in front of the net. While he tends to favour a shoot first mentality much like his father he's no stranger to making a delicious saucer pass to his teammates when the opportunity arises. When asked who he models his game after the first two names that came up were Tony Pepperoni and Andreas Kvalheim. Oskar hopes to pile up the hits and shots and hopefully fill the net over the course of a long and fruitful career in the SHL.

A little bit about myself as a user on this site, I was an active member from S25 to S64 with my peak activity being S33 to S45 as general manager of the Blizzard. We won some awards and a cup and even created the logo the Blizzard still use today (although most if not all of that credit goes to Ace and Karey). After stepping down as GM I spent the next 10 seasons as a member of the hall of fame committee, awards committee and fantasy management team. I plan to apply and hopefully regain a few of those positions if the opportunity arises. I took a step back after retiring my second player because I needed a break and I knew my activity was about to take a massive hit with a busy summer coming up.

So what do you get if you draft Oskar (and karlssens)? As a player you're getting a strong-max earner that plans to train regularly and stay up to date with all off ice tasks. I have a loose plan on how I intend to build Oskar, but am totally open to advice and suggestions, in fact I welcome it because I'm very unfamiliar with FHM8. As a user I'll be completely honest and say you're getting a fella with minimal LR activity. I'll try my best to pop in daily and chat for a bit, but I got a lot on my plate with work and after work activities so I'm just not on discord as much as I used to be. On the plus side I'm an easy-going and goofy dude so I'm the furthest thing from toxic.

Lastly, I've always wanted to do a ranking/tier list. Sadly I know little about the SMJHL so I'm coming in on a very superficial level, but here goes...

note: Sorry in advance for any errors, just going off what I can see on the site.

Tier 1: Hard Yes
Kraken Carolina Kraken - I love the name, I love the logo and I recognize both of the managers.
Falcons Detroit Falcons - One of the originals they always seem to be well run and in the hunt. One of our biggest rivals in my first few seasons as a Knight it would be cool for my newest player to be on the other side. I don't recognize the managers, but that's an easy fix.
Whalers Vancouver Whalers - My hometown. Yes it's a pretty blatant rip off of the Canucks, but I feel they did enough to make it their own. As a added bonus I recognize both of the managers.
Citadelles Quebec City Citadelles - I love the logo and I love the colors. I recognize the management team and you guys are sitting pretty atop the S67 standings so you seem to know what you're doing.

Tier 2: I'd Love to Learn More
Battleborn Nevada Battleborn - I still recall seeing snippets and previews of this team when Noka would drop sneak peeks in the Blizzard LR. The logo, colors and name are wonderfully done and I recognize the GM albeit haven't had the opportunity to play or work with them. As an added bonus they're recently coming off a 4 star cup win and are looking good again in S67 so they certainly know what they're doing.
Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows - Back when I was an SHL GM this team was an absolute wagon and a huge part of our prospect pipeline. That was a long time ago though and I don't know much about the current iteration of the Scarecrows or their management team. I see By-Tor has a Rush Fly by Night album cover as his avatar though so definitely some points there haha.
Grizzlies Great Falls Grizzlies - Part of the latest expansion I believe? You guys don't seem to have the best record since joining outside of the one finals appearance, but the opportunity to bring the first cup to Great Falls sounds intriguing. I recognize Durden from my first player and spoke with Chevy briefly so I certainly like what I'm seeing from the management side.
Berserkers Newfoundland Berserkers - 4 cups in the S60's. I'd love to help ya lock up a 5th. I've never had the pleasure of chatting with Patty or Lime, but I certainly recognize both the names and would love to get to know them.

Tier 3: I'm Open to It
Armada Anchorage Armada - I'm not sure what it is, but ever since this team was introduced it never really jumped off the page for me. Looks like they were good in the S50's, but have struggled the last several seasons (although they made the finals in S62). I'm not familiar with the management team either. I'm indifferent on this one, but am certainly open to new info.
Elk Regina Elk - I recognize the GM and I love the purple. Much like the Armada they've been pretty average for a while now and I know little about them, but I'm open to learning more.
Malamutes Yukon Malamutes - Formally Anaheim I presume? I like the rebrand and it looks like you guys do fairly well in the regular season. I'm not too familiar with the management team, but that can change.
Raptors Colorado Raptors - Have they ever won the cup? Doesn't look like it. They've done some damage in the playoffs lately and it certainly would be cool to be part of the team that brings them their first cup. I'm not familiar with either of the management users, but I imagine that'll change as we approach the draft.
Timber Maine Timber - Not the greatest track record, but they seem to find themselves in the top half of the league most seasons and win a round or two. Would be fun to play for a fellow Karl as well. I don't know too much about this team so I put them down here, but that could certainly change over the next week.

Tier 4: Preferably Not, But I'll Stick it Out
Knights Kelowna Knights - Sorry Kelowna, it has nothing to do with management or the team, but both of my previous players were drafted to this team and both suffered deflating losses in the 4 star cup finals. I've never won the damn thing and if I were to lose in the finals again with Kelowna I may just retire early haha. Jokes aside if I happen to land on this team I still intend to be active, I'll just be dreading every playoff appearance.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Colorado won a 4SC in S27 and nothing since, but not for lack of trying. THey have great leadership as of late and are still one of the best LRs I've been part of.

ALso obligatory Elk

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

10-14-2022, 05:38 PMhhh81 Wrote: Colorado won a 4SC in S27 and nothing since, but not for lack of trying. THey have great leadership as of late and are still one of the best LRs I've been part of.

ALso obligatory Elk
Ahh I didn’t scroll down enough haha

now do one for the SHL lol. Welcome back Karl. been too long

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-14-2022, 06:19 PMluke Wrote: now do one for the SHL lol. Welcome back Karl. been too long
Don’t worry, I’ll do one next season! Looking forward to not being auto drafted Smile

top tier top tier top tier

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

nice seeing you back karl! anchorage is dope, i barely knew about them before i got drafted there back in s50 but it's a great place to be with some cool dudes

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

recognizable pog

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Ayo :eyes:

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

So glad to have u back karl

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Kraken Kraken Kraken you love to see it

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Kraken Kraken woooo

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile