[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

gm pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Offseason pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Milestones +3

4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy

I honestly like the format who it is now with every team having atleast one player going to the All Star game. Going just based on numbers alone skews it towards players on better teams because they will generally have better stats then players on worse teams. I definitely do want the best and most deserving players in the league to make the All Star game but I don't think the every team representation goes against that principal. Very good/great players deserve recognition and I think the current format does a great job of that. You can make the case that the write in spots don't but I won't complain considering I made the All Star game last year via the write in spots.

a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?

If it were up to me I would pair Forty-One and Egil together for one last game in their old barn. It's pretty poetic if you think about it and I know the Edmonton fans would absolutely love it. I'm sure Boots and Laroux wouldn't mind holding off until the preseason to play pair together with their new teammates.

b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?

I think chemistry in games like these definitely have an advantage, there are generally more offense in these types of games and having a teammate who understand how you play and like to score from is a big advantage to have and I would definitely would play teammates together unless the players wanted to play on a different line.

d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?

I think both enjoy it but if I had to pick I definitely think the fans enjoy it more. You get to see YOUR players play in a game with all of the top talent in the league. It's a lot of fun watching players you consider your guys and girls play in a game like this. Obviously it's a rush for the fans as well but I guarantee you Iskandrov and Koivu get the loudest cheers of the night.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Gm pass

GM Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

HO Pass

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 10:53 PM by leafsftw1967. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Milestones

1tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492320

2e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

While Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava did not make the SMJHL all star team for the season sixty seven season and quite frankly did not have enough good stats to make it I am going to try to make a case anyways because I need to complete one more small task for all star week. At the end of the day I think Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava is a solid two way forward who deserves recognition

9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards.

Adam Prpich should win the Mexico and Khan as the seasons most valuable player. Not only did Prpich lead the league in goals and points, but he led the league in even strength points and did not show up on the top 10 list of power play goals. Even though he has a teammate in the top 10 of points, not only does he lead him by twenty seven, he also leads second place in points overall by 14. He is the clear MVP winner. Other Mexico nominations that should be considered include both Alexsandr Iskandrov who had the third most points in the league with one hundred and eight , twenty eight points more then the next best teammate and Jack St. Clair who had the second most points in the league with one hundred and sixteen, 16 more points then next best player on their team. However both players did not out perform Prpich.

10. Written, 3 TPE, One foot inside the Hall (150 words min)

Here are my top two candidates who should get into the hall of fame:
1. Harry Carpet: an impressive 7 all-shl selections (most among any eligible players for the HoF), 3 McBride wins (more then any other eligible HoFer) and another 4 McBride nominations (7 in total which is more than any other goalie in league history), second most wins in SHL history out of any goaltender with 479, most shutouts (73) and over 1,000 games played throughout one of the most successful goalie careers ever. He is a clear first ballot hall of famer and should be 1st on everyone’s list imo.
2. FR Finn-Rhys: has 6 award nominations with many being for the Bojo (most out of any eligible HoFer) including a Mexico nom which is super rare as a defenseman, and has won a Stevens and Bojo. He also has over 1,250 hits and nearly 2,000 shots blocked and had a decent 0.57 point per game average being a solid two way defender which is quite impressive for a 13-season career.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Brooklyn Physt - D

Defensemen
Goals: 12 or more (21)
Assists: 30 or more (44)
Plus/Minus (+/-): 28 or higher (+39)
Penalty Minutes (PIM): 25 or fewer (38)
Hits: 68 or more (119)
Fights Won: 1 or more (0/0)
Blocked Shots (BLK): 180 or more (113)
Game Winning Goals (GWG): 1 or more (3)
Give Aways (GvA): 8 or fewer (21)
Take Aways (TkA): 55 or more (54)

Got my 3

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

gm pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

1. +3 milestones

3. +3 tpe 167 words
Damien Hirano was the All-Star pick from the Montreal Patriotes and to be honest it was probably one of the easiest and most obvious pick. Everybody knows Montreal is going through a rebuild and it's been challenging the last few seasons. Hirano has been stellar among the Patriotes roster not only for being the single human player on the team but also to agree about going through such a rebuild. To be able to rack up 48 points on such an abysmal team is a testament to how good a player Hirano is. I'm sure were he on a stronger team he would be one of the top scorers in the league. Damien is still a young player a few seasons away from regression and finally some help is coming up this season to support him. The future is bright with this man and I'm sure he'll hit career highs next season and will be back at the All-Star game know that he finally gets human linemates.

4. +2 tpe 125 words
I think it's a good idea to have a wide range of teams participating in the All-Star game. That way you can get representation from every team and even the teams stuck in the basement have something to look forward to. I think if only the top players on thr leaderboards were invited, it would skew the results towards all the top teams and every year we'd see the same players over and over and it would get old. This way you get to see new players come in and make a name for themselves and people can still vote for last players in to get the remaining top players that deserve to make it, so I think it's a fair system at the moment.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Vaseline Podcalzone is a legendary winger from the eastern neighbour of Finland. He has won so many trophies that I can't even calculate all of them anymore. He has been a captain of the Seattle Argonauts very many seasons. So many, that I can't even calculate anymore how long he has served for that legendary hockey club. He is a two-time Challenge Cup winner from 60's. He is an athlete freak who is also sensational power forward. He scores, hits, gets some assists and leads almost all All-Time categories in his franchise. He has played almost all of his seasons with mr. William Salming and their winger partnerships has been steady. They know how to feed each other and put up some points on boards. Vaseline has been in an ASG game four times before and this is now his fifth time. Well deserved. And how many invites there is still to earn? We will find out that in the future which is for sure bright for the Argonauts.

4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

I would of course prefer that individual performances earn you an invite to an ASG game instead of forcing to name one player from the all teams. It is called an All-Star game for a good reason. There need to be best players in the planet every time. NHL for example has dropped a ball by inviting one player from all teams and now nobody is not interested about that C level product anymore. You need to bring your A game to the All-Star game and it happens only by inviting those who really earn the invite every season. So all in all, I would cancel current system and invite only best players of the season. If it means there is five players from the top clubs, then let it be then.

6. Written, 3 TPE, Chosen Ones (150 words min.)
The Last Players In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Jimmy Wagner for sure deserves an ASG game. He is one of the legends of the game and part of the great Los Angeles Panthers team who had successful season. So I would say he was a good pick. Like his team mate forward Axel Kirby. Maybe they organized some sort of voting campaign to get those two guys in but I can live with it. However, the last players from the Eastern conference were more controversial. They became also from the same franchise which was Baltimore Platoon. The players were forward Erik Bergmark and defenfeman Jay Bryzi. They are pretty close to their prime years soon so in that case you could say they were good picks but in my opinion there were also some good options to call up from other teams. I don't want to name anyone because I want to keep those good players as a secret but I just say that there really were some other good options too.

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 10:07 AM by Rtpc31. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492427  +3 TPE

3. Betzee Nickelback is the All Star Game representative for the Carolina Kraken and there's no better choice to represent us. She was a dominant force for much of the season on a team that was struggling to keep the puck out of our own net. She led the team in points with 89, goals with 43, and assists with 46 and centered on of the highest scoring lines in the SMJHL. Her goal total was enough to finish 8th in the league in that category with an astounding shooting percentage of 23.4% which was 3rd in the league. Betzee was also a terror for other teams while on the power play with 20 goals and 40 points with the man  There were many games where her production was the reason we were even in the game due to some poor team defense. Not only that, but she was the captain of our team and absolutely delightful locker room presence. (159 words) +3 TPE

4. I think that having all teams represented in the All Star Game is an equitable system for generating and maintaining league wide interest in the nominations and event itself. The league seems to be divided into haves and have-nots and this system makes sure that a player having a decent year on a bad team still has a chance to get selected. Otherwise, the All Star teams will become bloated with several members from only a handful of teams that are probably a product of playing with other good players on their team and having a good season anyway. (100 words) +2 TPE

GM Pass

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

Gm pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran,