Create Account

S76 PT #5: Push it to the limit Due: Sunday, May 12th @ 11:59 PM PST

prompt 1 written

Obviously, the only answer to this is magic. The hockey gods only allow their chosen few to play in the SHL and SMJHL, which are obviously the greatest hockey leagues to ever exist as a result of this. It is the blessings of the hockey gods to their chosen players that allow these players to continue to perform at a high level and avoid injury the way that they do. After all, how else could goons avoid concussions from other players' fists and small framed wingers avoid broken bones from being crushed into the boards? Clearly, there is a higher power at work here, some kind of mystical force that is appeased by the gameday rituals and routines of players and fans. Maybe if a team angered the hockey gods enough through flagrant violation of the rules and norms, we might see a team begin to come down with injury and illness? Surely someone will be brash enough to tempt fate someday.

[162 words]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2024, 06:03 PM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 2 times in total.)

Option 1

What are you talking about? Are you saying that there is anything suspicious or unnatural about players not missing any games due to injury ever because there absolutely isn't. You really should be more careful with those baseless assumptions buddy, because there is nothing to see or talk about here whatsoever. This is normal. Is it how it has always been and how it is supposed to be, so why are we asking all these questions all of a sudden? What is there to talk about when there is no issue to talk about. Everything is fine. Everything is as it should be. Normal. In Order. Controlled. There is nothing to worry about as lang as things stay as they are. We are all better off this way, don't you think? We wouldn't want any unpredictabilities or nasty surprises, don't you think? It's a risk that's not worth taking. Who know what could happen? Or to whom...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

O1

I think when it comes down to it the league is really just made up of Robots and that's why there are no injuries. Each player is assigned a bot and their general stats are just seamlessly uploaded into the body with a chosen skin, kind of like just picking a player in Mario Kart. Whenever a player is seemingly injured, they are just hot swapped into a completely different robot body. All of the players are just always Happy no matter what the situation, and really don't mind what they are getting paid. Players are also getting better week after week when they have their over the air update processed. Its like all of the sudden they just learned some new skills! Not on a Tuesday into Wednesday, but every Monday they are just magically better! This goes for the offseasons too. Some players that have been around for a while just FORGET SOME SKILLS. This is basically the same as being injured I guess. Who knows!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Prompt 1

I have no proof of this theory but I strongly, firmly believe that the lack of fights is at the heart of no injuries. Perhaps it is a symptom of something deeper, but we can't ignore that there is something there when the most fights won in the J is 3, but there are 2 200+ hit players and many others throwing the body. So perahps it isn't the fact there's no fights but it's the fact the hits are meaningless. Is this then a chicken and the egg situation?

Stay with me here. There are two options. Either the hits are weak and don't demand a fight, leading to no injuries, or the fights are so massive that no one throws big hits, leading to no injuries. Like, with 255 hits thrown out someone has to get hurt, unless they're all just weak little rub outs. Which could be the case. It's impossible to say which is more true without diving into the footage.

It could also be theorized that the growth in the league from a skill perspective is leading to increased focus being placed away from phyiscal abilities and causing injury. Players don't want to put themselves at risk and therefore don't put others at risk. Hits are still in the game as a form of separating man from puck and making a play, but they aren't there to send "messages".

I will say tho the league hides injuries with suspensions. No one has ever done anything suspension worthy, they just don't want people going down hurt. That's for sure.

Code:
words: enough

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Choccy milk helps this bean recover
[Image: gjf5y3G.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

The SHL’s nutritional regimen for players is cutting edge and may be the secret to its players’ long term health. Recently some long held secrets have leaked from the SHL offices, and are causing controversy all over social media.

First, the league MANDATED daily protein shakes have always been a mysterious aspect of the league for recent SMJHL callups and rookies. Why is the league so insistent players drink their daily Total Protein Elixirs (aka TPE)? Well the recently revealed ingredients of these TPE shakes will SHOCK you to your core! Investigative journalists infiltrated the SHL TPE mixing facility, and observed employees adding Hall of Fame players into the mixing vats! That’s right, TPE shakes are people!

As if those revelations weren’t outlandish and damning enough, wait until you hear about the cover ups to the actual injuries! Oh yes there are injuries! You just never hear about them. The league has a shadowy “Recreate” policy, where any player who loses a step to injury is quickly “recreated” by a replacement player. The league goes to great length to make these new players appear and act the same as their injured predecessors.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

Are we really allowed to speak on things we’ve seen? I know the league hasn’t seen an injury in almost the entirety of its existence and its something I have found strange for a while. I noticed that whenever we would get some bumps and bruises or someone would get hit a little hard there would always be this strange concoction of liquid ready for us. It seemed to be some sort of sports drink, or that’s what they told us. I didn’t really know what to make of it, it just tasted like some juice or whatnot and it helped, so who are we to question it?

However, one day I got to the rink a little early and I saw someone with the training team, someone who looked like he was from the league office and they were with the sports drinks and they were putting some clear liquid into it. They had a little dropper and putting a couple of drops into each bottle, shaking them, and then closing them up. When they saw me looking, they closed the door, so there must be something in there we’re not supposed to know. They don’t want us to know, but it’s odd. If something happens to me, you know why…

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PBE PT Kahn

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2024, 12:14 AM by Takk806. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:Graphic Option 2: Create an image that shows your player breaking their personal record for any training related activity.
[Image: FYybrY7.png]
[Image: xSHGp9z.png]

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

[Image: IMG_9369.png?ex=6641a6d6&is=66405556&hm=...dee2b435e&]

Prince Marius in a injury prevention box

Graphic Option 2

[Image: YHMVTCX.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Affiliate PBE PT

PBE Affilate- https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=718793

[Image: dc24.png]

The simple answer to why nobody gets injured in the SHL is because of advances in medical technology. As there is virtually no mention of the NHL within the SHL or SMJHL media and many of their teams overlap in cities, it's logical that either 1) the SHL exists in an entirely different universe from the NHL, or 2) it exists at the very least in a different time period. The ghost prompts from last season (or maybe two seasons ago?) were actually holograms that are relatively commonplace (or at least more readily available to folks) in higher income communities. Technology has gotten so advanced that xenografts and complete joint replacements without significant rejection are easily able to be maintained, so even players who do manage to get injured have their relevant musculoskeletal injuries replaced with more durable (but not stronger) grafts, so as to maintain the integrity of the sport; this can be done quickly and painlessly. For those who suffer other cosmetic injuries, it's really a question of whether the player wants to have those injuries completely repaired or if they would like to have a badass battle scar to impress the people they wish to gain the attention of.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!