Create Account

S76 PT #5: Push it to the limit Due: Sunday, May 12th @ 11:59 PM PST

I think that Noel and the rest of the Winnipeg Aurora have what ability and mental capacity to take another step up in the playoffs. We had an okay season finishing second in the division, and while we may be an older squad that has taken a step down over the last few seasons since our contending era, that experience hasn’t gone anywhere. This is still primarily all the same core that went to consecutive finals and won the challenge cup, we know what it takes to win and can draw on that experience to do so. Obviously I’m writing this halfway through the playoffs and can confirm that, so far, this has been the case. We’ve managed to pull off two pretty decent upsets taking out division winner NOLA and then also a legit cup contender now as well in Texas. Maybe this is just a short hot streak or a legit late core cinderella run, I’m not sure yet, but I think we can get it done one more time.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Option 2

Henri Losanov is still a young player but so far has not been able to elevate his play in the playoffs. His rookie season he started the first game and did so poorly he never saw the net again. His sophomore year saw big improvement as he played the first 2 games of the series before being benched again. Henri should once again be the starter but let's just say he knows the coaching staff still doesn't trust him at all. It's hard mentally for the young netminder but it is fair as his goalie partner is also very good. Losanov put good numbers this season, he just needs to treat the playoffs the same and good results should happen. The Regina fans have suffer a lot since the team joined the league, all the players feel the pressure to succeed. Just stay focus and calm, remind yourselves it's only a game and have some fun out there.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Written Option 1:

Nathangus McExplosion has never missed a hockey game due to injury in his life and will never miss any. This is thanks to @Jepox and @hotdog and @goldenglutes for transmiting him their knowledge on how to never miss a single game in the SImulation Hockey LEague. All these guys are current or former Atlanta Inferno players from the simulation hockey league. However, Golden the glutes is now a Mini soda monarch and is not able to transmit his knowledge to nathangus, a player from the colorado raptors in the junior major simulation hockey league as a prospect of the atlanta inferno on a rental. I think not being sick is also a good skill to have as we all know flue and diarhea cant put a stop to any ironman streak going on. Being on the poop throne during a game is a no no in many locker room as you cant play if you are not on the ice obviously.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

For Sonja It's safe to say that she did not quite meet her expectations. She wanted to challange her points tally from last season but she was quite far off this season. She missed by around 30 points or so after all. So it's safe to say she did not think she was playing her best hockey this season. Nevertheless QCC made it to the playoffs so there is no time to think about the past but rather she has to think about the future. She did not change much on her usual routine though. She was already a hard working type so there was no point in overworking herself. However instead of going once to the gym on the day she trains, now she is going to the gym twice. Starts in the gym at the morning, works out and then goes to train with the rest of the team. Then once the training is done, she goes to the gym for a second time. Hoping to build herself up more for the playoffs without overworking herself.

(178 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Edouard Lavoie had another great season, racking up 98 points with a plus 35 plus/minus. The only player with more points than him was his line mate Mia Lavoie. The pair, along with their other line mate, JJ Frankie JJ who finished seventh in overall season points look to carry that momentum into the playoffs. All three players really ramped up their output toward the end of the season, leading the Maine Timber to ten wins in their last twelve games. The Quebecois line look to continue their performance in the playoffs to help push Maine to another title. So far, this line has done alright against their first opponent in, the St. Louis Scarecrows. St. Louis did a solid job in their attempts to shut down the Quebecois trio, however they still managed to put up a combined sixteen points. They look to keep working hard as their next round against the Nevada Battleborn will be an even tougher matchup.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Written Option 1:

You know I've never really thought about it until you mentioned it, it is pretty weird that we play such violent sport and no one is ever hurt. I always chalked it up to luck or something else, maybe our trainers are that dang good. But thinking about it now maybe we are just part of one big simulation but I actually ok with that. As long as I can continue to play the game I love I'll take it real or not. If this is truly is a simulation I would like infinite money please, I mean if this world isn't real then who cares about inflation? I feel like I could make good use of that money to make my player better. Also if this just simulation, find a way to make me better on offense, that would make things go so much smoother, in my opinion though it doesn't cheapen my stats or my accomplishments.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Dominik is certainly taking his game to the next level in the playoffs so far this season as we have made it into the conference finals where we will match up against Winnipeg. Dominik leads the league in score with 25 points in 11 games, also leading the league with 19 assists so far. It’s been very impressive to see the way that Dominik and his line have come together so well in the playoffs, with the whole line having a total of 62 points so far in the playoffs. Dominik leads the way with 25 points, Levin Schattenaxt has 19 points (6 goals, 13 assists) and Logan Webb has 18 points (9 goals, 9 assists). It has been a complete team effort thus far as every skater on the team has at least one goal and it has been paying off. In the critical game 7 win over Los Angeles in the second round, Doug Doug had a phenomenal game and the way the team is playing has set us up well to hopefully keep things rolling.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

For the first time in his SHL career, Jack St. Clair didn't get the chance to step out on the ice and take part in a playoff game. It's a bitter pill to swallow because playoffs has always been his time to shine. Right from juniors JSC has shown he has another gear, he captained the Quebec Citadelles to a Four Star Cup winning MVP and setting records along the way that still stand. Fast forward to his SHL career and he is more than a point per game player despite always centering the second line behind the elite offensive trio that looked after first line responsibilities. In season 73 he racked up 25 points on the way to helping the Edmonton Blizzard win a Challenge Cup. Jack has shown that he can get it done in the regular season but his favourite time to plays is when the spotlights on and the stakes are high. Next season when the North Stars return to the season look out for St. Clair because he will be hungry.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Well, yes, of course, it is a simulation. The league is, quite literally, called the Simulation Hockey League! What did you expect? I would actually say that being a simulation turned out to be rather good for a bunch of folks, myself included as it expanded my horizons from what I am used to.

That and I might have not been made aware of Franchise Hockey Manager's existence without it, which would be a pretty big shame. The game is pretty good and I am happy that I have been following it consistently throughout the years. The people who work on it have done some pretty good stuff with their game and I hope they keep improving on it.

I do wonder how it would be if we did get to play the sport. I mean, I at least do wonder how I would do myself, given I am from a place that does not really have snow.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Playoffs are the best time of the year and it's the time of year you either show up or get sent packing. Last season Lucas took a step forward at playoff time and this year he hopes to take am even bigger role. In the post season last year, Raymond as a rookie posted 2 goals and added 5 assists in 12 games. One year older and no longer carrying the weight of entering the unknown, Raymond enters this season as one of Nevadastop defenseman. Thru the first 5 games for the Battleborn Raymond hasn't scored but does have 5 assists from, last season and on pace to best his total assits and points this postseason. Nevada has taken a good step forward as a whole and with all the rookies taking the next step as sophomores this season, it could really help Nevada do some damage in the playoffs. The Battleborn have a tough battle ahead of them as the face Maine and Raymond will have to find another gear to keep their run alive.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Jesus Murphy is always ready for playoff hockey, to the point where it almost seems as though he was intelligently designed to take part in the roughest, most physical time of the year and come out on top. On top of carrying a massive frame at 6'5 and 230 pounds, Murphy is no stranger to unleashing his hulking mass on the opponent in just about every way possible. Whether it's big hits to wear out the opposition defenders to winning board battles to protecting the puck as he drives the net, the physical side of the game is definitely something he lays claim to. When it comes to the playoffs, a team often needs different players to be the hero if they're going to go on a long run, and even high end players won't have their best game nightly. Being a physical nightmare for the opposition means that even if Murphy isn't creating offense at his best, he's still contributing in ways that matter to securing a big playoff win

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

When it comes to the playoffs, my players really does not gear up when it comes to the playoffs, and it has shown over the past few years. Maybe this is part of the reason that QCC has not made it to the promise land. Something new I did this year was stay with the team as much as possible, even when playing at home, so I could not distract myself with things that do not matter as much. While being at home, there are loads of distractions like video games, going out downtown, and many other things, so staying in a hotel with the team keeps me away from that. As for the away games, making sure I stay as responsible as possible will ensure the best results for myself, considering I have not had many great results in the past. Some things that I can do to stay responsible are hanging out at the hotels, and going out to team dinners with the seniors like myself on the team.

Written Task Option 1

It’s really surreal to see how no players get hurt in the SHL. The only thing I can think is that the pucks must not be regulation and as hard as they are in normal hockey. If I had to guess, maybe they are made out of some sort of strong foam? There are some extremely talented players in the SHL with wicked wrist shots and bombs for slap shots, so it would make no sense for the puck to be normal with shots like that. I mean, look at Hodor for example who blocks 300 or more shots a year. You can’t tell me that a man like that, even being the mountain that he is, wouldn’t miss a game if the pucks were as solid as they normally are. For what it’s worth, scoring has not taken a hit because of these alleged foam pucks. So if scores are still high and no injuries are happening, I would argue that the SHL has found the winning formula.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Option 1

Here's the thing most people don't realize. The players, the arena, the puck, they're not real. They're simulated. Crazy I know, but stay with me on this one. Olivija Agate, our favourite hockey player of all time, is not real. She has never gotten a point in the SMJHL, because she, the Carolina Kraken, their opponents, and the league as a whole are not real. They were never real in fact. It is, and I say this without reference to any crazy conspiracy, entirely a simulation. No, the Matrix does not exist in this fictitious world, and the players, that do not exist, are not aware of their non-existence. They aren't even capable of thought, for they are not. I think, I am, but Olivija, of SMJHL notoriety, is not. What is crazy, is that if the players, the teams, the leagues are not real, which they are not, how is Olivija Agate not the greatest player ever to exist. Because I am the only one that I am certain is real. Does that mean others are real too? Where does the real end and the simulated begin? Obviously at injuries! Until next time!