Create Account

Hamilton's Kryptonite

Quote:Originally posted by Twitchy@Aug 17 2014, 02:00 PM

So they won 6 games, and they lost 4 games. 4-6.

One of the things I genuinely hate about score keeping is how people make themselves feel better by the OTW or OTL or shootout win/loss. A team who is 5-5-1 can call themselves 500, even though we all know they're below 500. The OTL is important for the sake of keeping track of points, but if you want to be realistic the team I described is 5-6. But people see the 5-5 part, and think the team is better than they really are. You hear about it all the time on TV/radio, and that's why I purposely don't display records like you do.

So what I do is call it like it is, like they do in pretty much every other sport that has overtime/extra innings. They call a win a win, they call a loss a loss, and they don't add that third part in the column.

That's my rant on the hockey record system. I think it's hilariously outdated and provides people with a false sense of security.

If a team won 6 and lost 4 they are 6-4, not 4-6.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Aug 17 2014, 08:36 AM

If a team won 6 and lost 4 they are 6-4, not 4-6.

AY STEP OFF MY TWITCHY OR ILL HAVE TO FIGHT YOU WINTER.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Aug 17 2014, 03:04 PM

AY STEP OFF MY TWITCHY OR ILL HAVE TO FIGHT YOU WINTER.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

[Image: 74553_v1.jpg]

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Oh, whoopsies. You knew what I meant though. I'm used to writing Toronto was 4-6 against Hamilton, so I probably just wrote that down for Hamilton too.

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Aug 16 2014, 02:20 PM
That's a long way to say "The Play-offs"

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Lets play hockey ... B) Steelhawks