Create Account

S50 PT #3 - Aches & Pains

I’ve been mostly healthy in the last few weeks, but at the start of the season, I had a small pain in my calf every time I took a skating stride. The trainer’s team try a bunch of different treatments during the first few weeks of the season and the pain would not go away. It ended up going away randomly one day when I turned up for training and I realize that I didn’t have any pain when I was skating during the practice. Of course, this calf pain affects my performances during the games, and I started the season slowly in terms of points production. The other pain problem I have to deal with is one that comes and goes at undetermined moments, I get a problem with my right shoulder where I it just feels weak and I have problems getting my shots out as strongly as I can. This shoulder problem usually goes away for a couple of hours when I take a Tylenol or something similar.
171 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

PBE Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Oof Ouchie. I broke my nose while playing against the Blizzard. Teddy Cuddles made a hip check and i flopped on the ice. Then he started smacking me with his stick repeatedly. You know what the refs said? Absolutely nothing. They just laughed and laughed. Just like every other fucking person in the arena. My teammates didnt do anything at all. Actually they joined in and started batista bombing me all over the rink. On a scale from 1-10 it was one of the worse days i've had this season. Back to what happened. Where were we? Oh yeah luffy did some weeb shit and turned into some kind of anime and there was a full anime intro sequence with them beating me and it focused on every player on the ice and the rookies. That was a trip. I guess my broken nose wont be fixed for a while because when i skated myself back to the locker room I was greeted with the doctors holding bats and medieval weapons looking ready to beat my ass. This really do be how it is. #PrayForMuller

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I always get serious back pain after a game, just very sore, stiff, and achy. Sometimes it's difficult to get up or to walk let alone lace up my skates for a game. I guess all the big hits I take and the shots I block take their toll on me. I just try to cope with it by playing through it, it doesn't really get better or worse over time except occasionally when I get hit really hard. It's just part of the game and the team staff are very nice about everything so I don't dwell on it. The staff help me find a way to have it hurt the least possible through posture and absorbing hits so that has been helpful to some degree I suppose. We also have great team doctors and medical staff who can patch us up and treat any serious injuries so if it's really bugging me I can see them.

hi

What hurts for Marques Brownlee? His hands hurt of course. It was a big adjustment to make for Brownlee from having a phone in each hand, to having nothing in one and a different handle on a stick in the other. Carpal tunnel syndrome isn't a joke as Brownlee's hands sometimes spasm when he makes a save, causing him to cough it up in the crease and sometimes allow a goal. Brownlee eases the pain by doing what he loves most, making YouTube videos for his channel MKBHD. The training staff do not like him spending a tremendous amount of time editing videos when he could be spending his time reaching his potential to become the greatest SHL goalie possibly ever. However, Brownlee dismisses their advice and continues to make videos regarding the latest technology on the mobile market, making his manager mad, and possibly justifying the reasoning of the managers to let him be picked last.

Henrik Lekberg Osterman has a couple of lingering ailments which is to be expected of any pro hockey player at this point in his career but nothing overly serious. His right elbow has some issues from when he was much younger and started doing weights at the gym. He is unable to really put any strain on the right elbow when its at its worst, making it very difficult for him to properly grip his stick. This is an on and off injury that has recently flared up once again and he recently spoke about it at a presser in Colorado. It has had a serious effect on his game during the last two dozen games or so. He is currently working very hard to work through it with the teams physio and the hope is that he will be 100% in time for the playoffs.

He also suffers from quite strong migranes, which would cause him to miss any games on the day or days that he has an episode. He follows a very strict schedule during the season to make sure he keeps the episodes down to a minimum. So far he hasn't missed any games in the SMJHL due to this, luckily.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I've been pretty lucky when it comes to injuries. I had a bad case of Plantar warts in Halifax so my skating was pretty bad for a season. They never cleaned the showers properly so I started wearing flip flops. Since moving up to the big league I've had some hamstring issues. The game is so much faster up here and I'm just trying to keep up. The last few weeks I've definitely been slower but still trying to stay productive. I usually just do heat after the games and that keeps me somewhat mobile. Looks like I'll have a longer off-season that some other teams so I'll have more time to heal up. Hitting the home stretch now so I'm just going to try and stay productive. Would be nice to hit 20 points before the end of the season. Looking forward to the break.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Being a defensive defenseman, your bread and butter in the game is blocking shots, being big and angry, and playing the body. That basically means that EVERYTHING hurts. It doesn't matter that you have padding, shots sting when they land, and if they hit something unpadded, well prepare for a big bruise and that annoying sore feeling for the next training at least. Obviously also big hits can end up in you getting smacked into the boards, being smacked into the ice, or even being smacked by the other players, even though Andrej is a tough cracker and isn't a one to go down easily, he is still fairly short and getting his ass handed to him will more often than not cause bruises, cuts and maybe even lost teeth. You know how much a tooth you got beat out of your mouth hurts? You are lucky that you don't, I tell you that.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

The wear and tear of the season is starting to take a hold of Jakub Bruchevski and this season most of the pain is coming from his ribs. Bruchevski being one of the more physical forwards on St. Louis means he's constantly throwing his body around and getting hit off the puck. During the game it's not so bad with the adrenaline flowing, but after the game Bruchevski is in pain just bending over to take off his pads. TO combat this Bruchevski takes a hot bath when he gets home from practice and games. Even though he showers after the game being able to just relax and have the warm water dull away the pain. While he lays in the bath he usually is drinking either a beer or some tea, while he watches videos on his phone or checking his social media. This tradition not only helps heal his body but heals his mind as well.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

NSFL PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Connor Taner has only ever done one thing to ensure that he does not feel the ache and pain of the typical rigorous simulated hockey league schedule while playing for the Lethbridge Lion, and the first thing he does is trust all the natural pathologists in regards to suggestions on how to treat small injuries, recently Conor was ruled out as he had broken his ankle, and a little bit of a special natural pathologist magic and he was healthy before game time. Some may say a combination of mint leaf and pure horse urine is ineffective, but the play of Tanner after breaking his ankle seems to think otherwise.

The second method of protection is a rigorous training and diet regime, where he often finds himself doing absolutely nothing every hour of every off day, only moving to return to the kitchen counter to retrieve more Kentucky Fried Chicken double downs.

Conor knows what’s best for his own body.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

SixNine has been dealing with a plethora of injuries since entering the league 3 seasons ago. During his first season with the Barracuda, the young rookie was a star on the offensive and defensive ends of the ice, as he could use his stick work to get the puck up the ice and grab assists. He was able to use his big hulking body to terrorize opponents into giving up the puck - but this has caused severe damage to the young players body. Currently, his hands are not what the used to be as a result of blocking shots and hitting opposing players, his shoulders are giving out and his back has been ailing since he entered the league. How does he cop with it? He doesn't. SixNine suffers through the pain hoping one day that it will all stop. As the Steelhawks sit in a strong position in the East, he hopes a Challenge Cup win will be the cure to all his pain.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu has aches and pains all over his body. Being an offensive threat and larger frame, he is a primary target for a lot of hits. As the season wears on, the pains just become more numerous and painful. No amount of workouts, preparation, or other off-ice conditioning can prevent it.

So Kalevolaripaavo does the next best thing, the American way of opioid dependency, he gets prescription drugs for it. Kelowna’s training staff and him get along great, and Käspertommevisnapuu has his drug man in the group. His guy can get him any painkiller, steroid, or any other performance-enhancing drug he wants, and how to avoid being caught.

Kalevolaripaavo’s cocktail of choice is hydrocodone, oxycodone, and codeine. The HOC cocktail gives him the pain relief he needs, while also giving him a bit of high, to avoid the stress of trying to be a top offensive player in the SMJHL. Since he has started this cocktail, it might explain why his stats have fallen off considerably in the second half of the season so far.

Code:
~170 words

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Thankfully at the current time, Denver Wolfe is loving his younger years, where he isn't experiencing anything "out of the ordinary" and hasn't injured any major body parts as of yet, so for him, the aches and pains aren't really there the way they may appear closer to the end of his career. That being said, Wolfe still deals with the occasional cramping, fatigue and minor aches and pains that come with playing games and training day in, and day out, but Wolfe is a simple man, and uses the simple remedies in life to get through it all.

Advil and Tylenol is something Wolfe grew up on, and while some families are more "natural remedy only", his family just wanted pain relief and they wanted it quick, so this is what Wolfe grew up on his whole life, and continues to live by to this day. Outside of that, he's a fairly laid back guy, no other hard drugs, but some booze to just laugh away the pain sometimes and enjoy a quiet night if he's got nothing better to do, that is how Denver Wolfe gets through his minor aches and pains.

Quote:Written task (150+ words on the topic, example prompts listed here): What hurts? What helps you deal with the pain? Has it gotten worse over time? How have you been getting along with the training staff and what are they doing to help you out?

Rafe Ulrich has recently been experiencing a terrible pain and that pain is in his heart. Recently Rafe Ulrich has lost something dear to him which he has not been taking well. Something that has left a gaping hole in his heart which he has yet to find a thing to fill it in.

He made the perfect pulled pork sandwich, the meat was tender, supple, basicly it was just perfect. He also had also baked a perfect bread, which he had cut open and slapped that pulled pork on, but then tragic struck him which in return broke his heart. He snubbed his foot on the table, which put him off balance and then it happened, he dropped the plate. In terror he watched it drop to the floor, it was like it was all in slow motion. His arm went after the plate, but deep down he knew he was to late. The plate shattered on the floor, bits of sandwich went everywhere.

Ulrich dropped to his knees and wept.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart