Create Account

Season 51 the plan

11-22-2019, 09:21 PMaaronwilson Wrote:
11-22-2019, 09:10 PMchetib Wrote: Legal loophole? You exploited the system that everyone uses for fun just so you and the morons on Hamilton could have some luls at everyone elses expense. You ruined the experience for everyone and put HO in a terrible position. Can't think of a better chance to set a precedent on punishments for abusing exploits in the sim engine.

You're acting like this entire website hasn't been trying to crack sths for years. Didn't you ask me to help you find the meta goalie build a while ago?
I see you are trying to shift away from the discussion at hand. I mean this whole thread is Hamilton players trying to shift the narrative of what they did as being just being part of the game. It's not. You all knew what this was and exploited it with the intention of gaining and unfair advantage that could never be countered. You acted outside the spirit of the game and are deserving of punishment befitting that.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Reasonable outcome all things considered. Hopefully we change sims in the future.

I should be shocked anyone is calling for a punishment but I guess I'm not. No rules were broken unless it's illegal to try and win games. Should really pump the brakes on that thought process.

I wonder what the outrage would have been like if this hadn't been revealed until AFTER Hamilton went on a run.

Let's play.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

11-22-2019, 10:49 PMchetib Wrote:
11-22-2019, 09:21 PMaaronwilson Wrote: You're acting like this entire website hasn't been trying to crack sths for years. Didn't you ask me to help you find the meta goalie build a while ago?
I see you are trying to shift away from the discussion at hand. I mean this whole thread is Hamilton players trying to shift the narrative of what they did as being just being part of the game. It's not. You all knew what this was and exploited it with the intention of gaining and unfair advantage that could never be countered. You acted outside the spirit of the game and are deserving of punishment befitting that.

I'm not on HAM but we really can't call this an unfair advantage since literally anyone could have done it. It's not like they used cheat codes. I get being annoyed though.

I mean its definitely an exploit, but idk about punishments. It was found out before any games were played and i dont know if there's really a rule against it.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-22-2019, 10:52 PMMarc Bradford Wrote: Reasonable outcome all things considered.  Hopefully we change sims in the future.

I should be shocked anyone is calling for a punishment but I guess I'm not.  No rules were broken unless it's illegal to try and win games.  Should really pump the brakes on that thought process.

I wonder what the outrage would have been like if this hadn't been revealed until AFTER Hamilton went on a run.

Let's play.

Now this may be misinformation, and do not quote me on this, but I heard the reduction of TPE began prior to the conclusion of S50. I have nothing to back this up but memory so don't hate me.

If it was though, it would have been minor. So no big deal really.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

11-22-2019, 11:00 PMNoble Wrote: Now this may be misinformation, and do not quote me on this, but I heard the reduction of TPE began prior to the conclusion of S50. I have nothing to back this up but memory so don't hate me.

If it was though, it would have been minor. So no big deal really.

That makes sense. I mean if I was their updater and suddenly noticed everyone on the team nerfing their passing on the same weekend I'd probably throw a flag on the field.

11-22-2019, 09:21 PMaaronwilson Wrote: You're acting like this entire website hasn't been trying to crack sths for years. Didn't you ask me to help you find the meta goalie build a while ago?

I'd say read my earlier post but somehow doubt you're open to changing your perspective on this. What would you suggest is an appropriate punishment in this case?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 11:19 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

11-22-2019, 11:11 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
11-22-2019, 10:49 PMchetib Wrote: I see you are trying to shift away from the discussion at hand. I mean this whole thread is Hamilton players trying to shift the narrative of what they did as being just being part of the game. It's not. You all knew what this was and exploited it with the intention of gaining and unfair advantage that could never be countered. You acted outside the spirit of the game and are deserving of punishment befitting that.

I'd say read my earlier post but somehow doubt you're open to changing your perspective on this. What would you suggest is an appropriate punishment in this case?

Ban Samee

Surrender

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-22-2019, 11:16 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
11-22-2019, 11:11 PMnotorioustig Wrote: I'd say read my earlier post but somehow doubt you're open to changing your perspective on this. What would you suggest is an appropriate punishment in this case?

Ban Samee

Surrender

I said punishment, not reward

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

11-22-2019, 11:11 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
11-22-2019, 10:49 PMchetib Wrote: I see you are trying to shift away from the discussion at hand. I mean this whole thread is Hamilton players trying to shift the narrative of what they did as being just being part of the game. It's not. You all knew what this was and exploited it with the intention of gaining and unfair advantage that could never be countered. You acted outside the spirit of the game and are deserving of punishment befitting that.

Ban the 3 responsible from management, we don't have an unlimited supply of hockey sim programs to break and there's no need to make the rest of the team pay for doing what their GMs tell them

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

11-22-2019, 11:16 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
11-22-2019, 11:11 PMnotorioustig Wrote: I'd say read my earlier post but somehow doubt you're open to changing your perspective on this. What would you suggest is an appropriate punishment in this case?

Ban Samee

Surrender

ok @ho make it happen

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

11-22-2019, 10:06 PMBDonini Wrote:
11-22-2019, 09:49 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Please refer to Tig's comments in this thread.

Feels like this is going in circles lol. It wasn't just "using an optimal build". It was a co-ordinated, mass effort to abuse a glitch in the sim engine. Lowering passing a little to make players perform more optimally is one thing but trying to bring the entire team down to the minimum at the same (including your GMs deleting and redoing another GM's regression) so that you could have as many players abusing the glitch as possible is dangerous and game breaking since it completely threatens the little build diversity that remained in the league.

All that plus the complete refusal of any of the three responsible to accept any sort of fault whatsoever is understandably frustrating people.

a new build threatens build diversity? very cool

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

[Image: qsrgnp7.jpg]

spirit of the game

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Screw diversity, I'm for an all white league

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

11-22-2019, 11:34 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: Screw diversity, I'm for an all white league
I think I misunderstood this conversation greatly

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]