Create Account

New Orleans Specter dominates the Calgary Dragons Fantasy Football League
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2019, 03:20 PM by Bonk.)

For those who are unaware I was asked to join the inaugural (or final) season of the Official Calgary Dragons Fantasy Football League. Some of you may be asking that happened; in short, they had an odd number of players so Esa asked me. The teams and their mangers were the following:

Specters Rule!!! = Myself
The Rollinators = @CFJ
My Little Ponies = @Eggy216
SAMUEL L JACKSON = @Rublic
Bk1689 = @bk1689
Wongy's Team = @Wongy
Macho Madness = @BarnabasCollins
The Cowboys of Doom! = @Slappydoodle
Tecmo Parm = @Steelhead77
#Win-Izzy's = @Mike Izzy
NJ Hellraisers = @Off
Crap the Booze Out = @mstuk41

So heading into this football season, I had done zero research for fantasy football and I must give credit where credit is due. The Draft occurred when Slappy and I were at a BBQ. His son attended and I knew he had done extensive fantasy football research. Therefore, I proceeded to ask him for my first two picks and he directed me to get the Christian McCaffrey Patrick Mahomes combination, which worked out great for me this season. Every game that was played with McCaffrey and Mahomes ended with a win for me.  I only wish they (the McDoodles) could have stayed and the BBQ longer as I would have exploited him for draft advice for every round of the draft.

So based off the title of this thread I think so of you many have figured out I won the league. I was an amazing season for the Specters Rule!!!

However, do not take my word for it just read the Yahoo game summaries below. (Yes, below is a lot of cut and paste, so graders do what you will)

Week 1:
Specters Rule!!! overcome starter's goose egg, come back to top #Win-Izzy's in 121.10-116.14 battle

Despite a 0-point week from Kyle Rudolph, Specters Rule!!! were able to persevere and earn the win, rallying to earn a 121.10-116.14 victory over #Win-Izzy's. Specters Rule!!! trailed 100.14-97.72 heading into Sunday night, but the unit roared back behind Julian Edelman, who had 83 receiving yards and passed for 32 for 13.38 points, and the New England Patriots defense, who allowed only 3 points, surrendered 308 yards, and intercepted a pass (10 points). Marlon Mack (174 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD) and T.J. Hockenson (6 Rec, 131 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD) led the way for #Win-Izzy's in defeat. Specters Rule!!! (1-0) will look to earn another win against NJ Hellraisers, while #Win-Izzy's (0-1) match up against The Rollinators in an effort to right the ship.

[Image: source.gif]

Week 2:
NJ Hellraisers fall short of expectations, lose to Specters Rule!!! in 127.42-101.26 rout

There's no easy way to put it, NJ Hellraisers underperformed, at least according to projections, as Specters Rule!!! rolled to a 127.42-101.26 win. Specters Rule!!! got out to a 6.30-point lead on Thursday behind Christian McCaffrey and never relinquished it. Tom Brady (24.66 points) and Travis Kelce (20.2) carried the flag for NJ Hellraisers in the loss. Specters Rule!!! (2-0) will look to add to their success against Crap the Booze Out, while NJ Hellraisers (0-2) try to get some positive momentum against The Rollinators.

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

Week 3:
Specters Rule!!! beat Crap the Booze Out to remain undefeated in 144.66-120.42 rout

Specters Rule!!! won their third matchup in a row to open the season with a dominant win over Crap the Booze Out, cruising to a 144.66-120.42 victory. There wasn't much drama in the matchup, as Specters Rule!!! earned a 94.16-point lead early Sunday afternoon behind impressive efforts from Patrick Mahomes (27.86 points) and Darren Waller (20.6). Keenan Allen (37.1 points) and Kyler Murray (19.82) did their part for Crap the Booze Out in the loss. Specters Rule!!! (3-0) will look to get another W against The Cowboys of Doom!, while Crap the Booze Out (1-2) match up against The Rollinators in an effort to develop some positive momentum.

Week 4:
Specters Rule!!! beat The Cowboys of Doom! to remain unbeaten in 128.7-89.2 rout

Specters Rule!!! won their fourth game in a row to open the season with an easy victory over The Cowboys of Doom!, cruising to a 128.7-89.2 win. The Cowboys of Doom! pulled out to a 5.0-point lead on Thursday, but it was all Specters Rule!!! after that. They were led by Christian McCaffrey (28.9 points) and the New England Patriots defense (25). Cooper Kupp (22.4 points) and Ezekiel Elliott (13.5) did everything they could for The Cowboys of Doom! in defeat. Specters Rule!!! (4-0) will look to keep it rolling against Bk1689, while The Cowboys of Doom! (3-1) will attempt to develop some positive momentum against The Rollinators.

Week 5:
Specters Rule!!! top Bk1689 to remain unbeaten in 163.64-119.20 rout

Specters Rule!!! won their fifth consecutive matchup to open the season with an easy win over Bk1689, rolling to a 163.64-119.20 victory. It was the third consecutive loss for Bk1689. It didn't take long to learn who would lead the way in this one, as Specters Rule!!! nabbed a 58.6-point lead early Sunday afternoon behind impressive efforts from Christian McCaffrey and Allen Robinson II. McCaffrey racked up 237 yards from scrimmage and scored 3 touchdowns for 44.7 points, while Robinson II caught 7 passes for 97 yards and 2 touchdowns (25.2 points). Aaron Jones (45.7 points) and Tyler Boyd (23.3) carried the flag for Bk1689 in defeat. Specters Rule!!! (5-0) will look to keep it rolling against Macho Madness, while Bk1689 (1-4) match up against The Rollinators in an effort to get back on track.

Week 6:
Specters Rule!!! knock off Macho Madness to remain perfect in 132.22-109.54 rout

Specters Rule!!! won their sixth straight to open the season with a convincing victory over Macho Madness, rolling to a 132.22-109.54 win. Specters Rule!!! took a 42.80-point lead on Thursday behind 42.8 points from the New England Patriots defense (14 Pts Allowed, 213 Yds Allowed, 4 Turnovers) and Julian Edelman (9 Rec, 113 Rec Yds). Macho Madness came back to take the lead early afternoon Sunday, powered by Carson Wentz (21.54 points) and Alshon Jeffery (18.6). Not to be deterred, Specters Rule!!! got it going later that afternoon, as Tevin Coleman (13.1 points) and Calvin Ridley (12.8) put them back on top for good. Specters Rule!!! (6-0) will look to rack up another W against Wongy's Team, while Macho Madness (1-5) will try to get back in the win column against The Rollinators.

Week 7:
Back-and-forth battle ends with Specters Rule!!! coming back to top Wongy's Team in 114.64-83.46 rout

Well, that was thrilling! After a back-and-forth matchup featuring three lead changes, Specters Rule!!! won their seventh consecutive matchup to open the season with a convincing win over Wongy's Team, cruising to a 114.64-83.46 victory. Wongy's Team got out to an early 7.66-point lead on Thursday. Specters Rule!!! came back to take the lead early afternoon Sunday, powered by outstanding showings from Darren Waller (28.1 points) and Zane Gonzalez (10). Not to be deterred, Wongy's Team got it going later that night to take a 4.02-point lead behind Zach Ertz (4.8 points) and Miles Sanders (4.7). But Specters Rule!!! came back again on Monday night with their back against the wall, as the New England Patriots defense (25 points) and Julian Edelman (10.2) put them back in the lead for good. Specters Rule!!! (7-0) have now won seven matchups in a row and will look to build on their success against c SAMUEL L JACKSON. Wongy's Team (2-5) try to get back on track against The Rollinators.

Week 8:
Specters Rule!!! beat c SAMUEL L JACKSON to remain perfect in 163.26-124.32 rout

Specters Rule!!! won their eighth straight game to open the season with an easy victory over c SAMUEL L JACKSON, rolling to a 163.26-124.32 win. c SAMUEL L JACKSON grabbed a 25.60-point lead on Thursday behind an impressive performance from Dalvin Cook. But it was all Specters Rule!!! after that. They were led by Tevin Coleman (36.8 points) and Christian McCaffrey (25.5). Specters Rule!!! (8-0) will look to keep it rolling against My Little Ponies, while c SAMUEL L JACKSON (5-3) will try to get back in the win column against The Rollinators.

Week 9:
My Little Ponies knock off Specters Rule!!! in 121.92-97.68 rout

My Little Ponies rose to the occasion, rolling to a 121.92-97.68 victory over Specters Rule!!!, who fell short of projections. Specters Rule!!! nabbed a 9.60-point lead on Thursday, but it was all My Little Ponies after that. They were led by Russell Wilson (39.22 points) and Mike Evans (30). Christian McCaffrey (146 Rush Yds, 2 Rush TDs, 20 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD) and Dak Prescott (257 Pass Yds, 3 Pass TDs, 12 Rush Yds) were the leaders for Specters Rule!!! in the loss. My Little Ponies (7-2) will look to keep it rolling against The Cowboys of Doom!, while Specters Rule!!! (8-1) attempt to generate some positive momentum against The Rollinators.

I must give shout out to @Eggy216 on this one.  He is the only team in the league that would not be defeated by Specters Rule!!! The funny thing is he is no longer a Dragon player.

Week 10:
The Rollinators top Specters Rule!!! for fifth straight win in 111.12-108.44 battle

The Rollinators extended their win streak to five games with a tight victory over Specters Rule!!!, squeaking by for a 111.12-108.44 win. Specters Rule!!! made a run at it on Monday night, but it wasn't to be. The Rollinators led 111.12-99.24 after Sunday's action and held on for the win despite 9.2 points from Tevin Coleman on Monday night for Specters Rule!!!. Derrick Henry (188 Rush Yds, 2 Rush TDs) and Michael Thomas (13 Rec, 152 Rec Yds) were the top performers for The Rollinators in the win. The Rollinators (8-2) will look to get another W against My Little Ponies, while Specters Rule!!! (8-2) try to get back in the win column against Tecmo Parm.

Week 11:
Despite top scorer Garoppolo, Tecmo Parm fall to Specters Rule!!! in 116.58-95.06 rout

Jimmy Garoppolo had 31.66 points for Tecmo Parm, the best total in the matchup and second-highest in the league this week, but it wasn't enough to vanquish Specters Rule!!!, who cruised to a 116.58-95.06 win. Tecmo Parm leapt out to a 23.10-point lead on Thursday behind 21 points from Jaylen Samuels (26 Rush Yds, 19 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD) and Odell Beckham Jr. (4 Rec, 60 Rec Yds). But it was all Specters Rule!!! after that. They were led by Christian McCaffrey, who racked up 191 yards from scrimmage for 24.6 points, and Calvin Ridley, who caught 8 passes for 143 yards and a touchdown (24.3 points). Specters Rule!!! (9-2) will look to add to their success against #Win-Izzy's, while Tecmo Parm (3-8) will take on The Rollinators in an effort to get back in the win column.

Week 12:
Specters Rule!!! hand #Win-Izzy's sixth straight loss in 127.58-74.58 rout

Specters Rule!!! rolled to a 127.58-74.58 win to hand #Win-Izzy's their sixth consecutive loss. Specters Rule!!! grabbed an 18.92-point lead early Sunday afternoon behind Christian McCaffrey (29.8 points) and Allen Robinson II (22.1) and never gave it back. DJ Moore (6 Rec, 126 Rec Yds, 2 Rec TDs) and Nick Chubb (106 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD, 58 Rec Yds) led the charge for #Win-Izzy's in the loss. This marks the second time this season Specters Rule!!! have taken down #Win-Izzy's, after winning 121.1-116.14 in their last matchup. Specters Rule!!! (10-2) will look to notch another win against NJ Hellraisers, while #Win-Izzy's (4-8) try to get back on track against The Rollinators.

Week 13:
Specters Rule!!! defeat NJ Hellraisers for third straight win, 104.30-96.94

Specters Rule!!! extended their win streak to three games with a hard-fought win over NJ Hellraisers, emerging victorious with a 104.30-96.94 victory. Specters Rule!!! leapt out to a 26.70-point lead on Thursday behind impressive efforts from Allen Robinson II (8 Rec, 86 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD) and Calvin Ridley (13.1) and never looked back. Tom Brady (326 Pass Yds, 3 Pass TDs, 13 Rush Yds) and Davante Adams (6 Rec, 64 Rec Yds, 2 Rec TDs) led the charge for NJ Hellraisers in the loss. This marks the second time this season Specters Rule!!! have gotten the best of NJ Hellraisers, after winning 127.42-101.06 in their last matchup. Specters Rule!!! (11-2) will look to keep it rolling against Crap the Booze Out, while NJ Hellraisers (4-9) meet The Rollinators in an effort to get back on track.

Week 14:
Specters Rule!!! knock off Crap the Booze Out for fourth straight win, 115.52-104.90

Specters Rule!!! extended their win streak to four games with a hard-fought victory over Crap the Booze Out, securing a 115.52-104.90 win. It was the third consecutive loss for Crap the Booze Out. Crap the Booze Out grabbed a 0.80-point lead on Thursday, but Specters Rule!!! held the lead the rest of the way. They were led by Julian Edelman, who caught 8 passes for 95 yards and a touchdown for 20.3 points, and Allen Robinson II, who caught 5 passes for 48 yards and 2 touchdowns (19.3 points). Sam Darnold (270 Pass Yds, 2 Pass TDs) and Younghoe Koo (4-4 FG, 50 long, 4-4 XP) led the way for Crap the Booze Out in the loss. This marks the second time this season Specters Rule!!! have beaten Crap the Booze Out, after winning 144.66-120.42 in their last matchup. Specters Rule!!! (12-2) will look to keep it rolling in the playoffs. Crap the Booze Out will be home for the playoffs, finishing the season at 3-11.

[Image: giphy-downsized.gif]

Week 15 Semifinals:
Do not ask me why the full cap score differs from match up results
Specters Rule!!! defeat c SAMUEL L JACKSON for fourth straight win in 137.20-106.68 rout

Specters Rule!!! extended their win streak to four games with a dominant win over c SAMUEL L JACKSON, cruising to a 137.20-106.68 victory. c SAMUEL L JACKSON leapt out to a 46.88-point lead on Thursday behind impressive efforts from Lamar Jackson (37.08 points) and Le'Veon Bell (9.8). But it was all Specters Rule!!! after that. They were led by Christian McCaffrey (33.5 points) and Patrick Mahomes (23.7). This marks the second time this season Specters Rule!!! have beaten c SAMUEL L JACKSON, after winning 163.26-124.32 in their last matchup. Specters Rule!!! will look to clinch the championship next week, while c SAMUEL L JACKSON attempt to rebound and finish the season with a win in the 3rd Place game.

Week 16 Championship Game:
Specters Rule!!! beat The Rollinators for fourth straight win in 121.34-96.94 rout

Specters Rule!!! extended their win streak to four games with a dominant victory over The Rollinators, cruising to a 121.34-96.94 win. The Rollinators earned an 11-point lead on Saturday behind George Kittle (16.4 points) and Raheem Mostert (11.3), but Specters Rule!!! held the lead the rest of the way. They were led by Patrick Mahomes, who passed for 251 yards , ran for 14 yards and scored 3 touchdowns for 25.44 points, and Christian McCaffrey, who racked up 173 yards from scrimmage (24.8 points). Michael Thomas (12 Rec, 136 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD) and George Kittle (5 Rec, 79 Rec Yds, 1 Rec TD) did their part for The Rollinators in the loss. This marks the first time this season Specters Rule!!! have gotten the best of The Rollinators, after falling 111.12-108.44 in their last matchup. Specters Rule!!! finish the season at 14-2, while The Rollinators end the campaign at 13-3.

[Image: giphy.gif]

So that pretty much sums up the season. The question I have is; where are the Dragons going to be memorializing the champions of the official Dragons Fantasy Football League?
In closing, it was a great season!  Let us do it again!

Words~2600

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

The trophies keep rolling in for NOLA this season!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2019, 04:34 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

I must admit this is a shocking blow to the start of the Dragons football league   Stfu

Bonk, With Esa's blessing (and the calgary credit card) we are building a new sub section in the LR entitled #Fantastic_Winners where your name could be memorialized in virtual suspicion. in the meantime, all football accolades will be added to our #Delicious-Foods section and we will continue to use the :bonk: emoji with great Zest.

[Image: zwJz4Kv.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Congratulations to my life partner and a swell all around guy, even considering the anal warts, my Bonky-poo

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Hah great article! Congrats Bonk!

We will immortalize your victory by printing your face on the official Dragons locker room toilet paper!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

I explained a little about this in my questions for the BSH Podcast. Anyways congratulations Bonk Cheers . We'll probably be running this back for next season.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43