[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Now
Out of
Lineup
Acronyms
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 09:50 PM by karey.)

Being
Upset
Following
Finals is
Always
L hold it ugly
Ok

I appreciate that something had to be done, but I'm not convinced this was it. It still leaves control over player roles firmly in the hands of GMs, and effectively penalizes players who want to be one of the more common role types. It's going to help stop cheating, but at a cost I'm not convinced was entirely worth it.

Additionally, I think it would be worth the league looking into taking a stricter hand towards instances of sim engine exploitation. This isn't the first time we've had rule changes designed to try to get around one or two GMs deciding to try to game the engine to win at any cost. Being a GM should imply some kind of responsibility to the wider health of the community, and intentionally exploiting a sim engine kind of runs contrary to that. That kind of behaviour is arguably more damaging than tampering, except it comes with a heightened shot at a Challenge Cup and a slap on the wrist, rather than the loss of draft picks or employment.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Never
Original
League
Anecdotes

Laughs into the cup

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

lmfaoooooo well done Spectres

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

09-11-2020, 09:49 PMAllegiant Wrote: I appreciate that something had to be done, but I'm not convinced this was it. It still leaves control over player roles firmly in the hands of GMs, and effectively penalizes players who want to be one of the more common role types. It's going to help stop cheating, but at a cost I'm not convinced was entirely worth it.

Additionally, I think it would be worth the league looking into taking a stricter hand towards instances of sim engine exploitation. This isn't the first time we've had rule changes designed to try to get around one or two GMs deciding to try to game the engine to win at any cost. Being a GM should imply some kind of responsibility to the wider health of the community, and intentionally exploiting a sim engine kind of runs contrary to that. That kind of behaviour is arguably more damaging than tampering, except it comes with a heightened shot at a Challenge Cup and a slap on the wrist, rather than the loss of draft picks or employment.

The first argument I think time will tell on that. It would be extremely hard to track player roles per player, but if there is a good way to do it I think we should look into it. For the second part I agree wholeheartedly .

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Realistically players should have semi-control over their roles and uh coaches should actually be punished for trying to abuse the sim engine but one step at a a time

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 10:05 PM by karey.)

Taking
Appropriate
Measures
Prevent
Encouraging
Reprehensible attempts at fraudulent acquisition of players

Killing
All
Roster
Exploits
Yesterday

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 10:03 PM by hhh81.)

09-11-2020, 09:55 PMkarey Wrote: Taking
Appropriate
Measures
Prevent
Encouraging
Fraudulent acquisition of players

Let's TAMPEF the league

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Zigzag
The rules
Even
Very many
Aggressive Forecheckers are
Not
Sustainable

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 10:07 PM by karey.)

@hhh81
You saw nothing, my spelling is elite

I don't love this solution because it still doesn't fix player agency, but it's a fair solution for now.