Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

I think in 1 year the SHL landscape will more than likely be completely changed. While some teams such as buffalo have made a living of staying on top while keeping the farm packed and will probably still be up top I think some other teams will more than likely fall off, even if a little bit. Some of the teams who are doing well in a rebuild now should be picking up a lot of steam by then as well and can really be going into juggernaut mode such as Tampa Bay. I think they will be one of the top teams in the entire league much less the East with the players they are acquiring now who will all be hitting their prime around the same time. I also think by that time Toronto will be the best team in the entire league with how ML and Ursinz have built that team up. They're already an amazing team in a very tough division but they are built to be able to continue growing even more for a long time to come as they will surely go on to win a few cups and president's trophies along the way.

200 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

I believe Hamilton will continue to stretch their winning ways for the next year. While there may be a dip in performance as the veteran players on the Steelhawks roster continue to battle regression mightily for the next 4-5 seasons, the prospects and young players in the Steelhawks roster will be primed and in their most productive seasons come the end of 2021. There may be a dip in performance midway through the year as players begin losing out to regression, and retirements may happen, but the GM duo of Hallsy and dmills have shown time and again that they have built a franchise that attracts free agents and prospects alike.

With these factors in play, it would not be surprising to see Hamilton at the top of the standings once again come the end of 2021. Hopefully, the Steelhawks will be able to showcase their talents in front of fans once again!

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

So at this time next year i expect the texas renegades to take over the top spot in the league and stay a top team almost winning the cup every single year. The draft will help them a lot and they will build a young but great team that will be a powerhouse for years to come. Another not so bold prediction is the collapse of the buffalo organization where they will be the worst team for years to come and will be the laughing stock of the league like they already are just this time there will be a real reason behind it. we will see top players not resign to buffalo and a lot of draft picks will be a bust and they will just be a choke team. Final predication Logo will lead bap to multiple cups and will be the best stampede player and shler ever by this time next year.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

I think that Chicago will still be doing quite well in 6 months, but we'll really be seeing a changing of the guard. The Shepherd, Ren, Dayudie, Minaminos etc. will be in the prime of their career. Mat Smith will be in net for the Syndicate and absolutely tearing it up. Westbrook, Kennedy, Selman and the Smebs will be retiring slowly or taking a backseat as the kids run the show. It's going to be exciting times ahead in Chicago. Other than that, I think Tampa has some great players coming like Matty that'll be buzzin for them. Toronto will be near the top, and I wouldn't be surprised to see BUF & HAM keep the tradition of Great Lakes being a beast division going.

What I'm interested in is to see what GM's remain. How many survive the next 12 months? Quarantine ends at some point potentially... do people stick around or try to discover a life outside the SHL? We'll see.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The Texas Renegades are clearly in position to become the next SHL dynasty. Core players Andreas Kvalheim, Josef Kubanec, and Bjorn Leppanen are still performing at incredible rates. Key prospects like SLATT POTTS, Burlok Sulfurgold, and Edward Williams are already huge contributors and are growing more and more effective by the day. The team has already gone from S53 bottom dwellers with 9 regular season wins to a S57 well oiled machine only two points back from the Western Conference title. Most impressive of all, they are making huge strides with a roster that's nearly entirely out of regression. By January 1, 2022, Texas will add thousands of TPE to their current middle 6 and bottom 4 prospects, along with a fresh new wave coming out of the SMJHL. Things are really bright in Texas. All they have to do is hang onto the players they have and avoid getting squeezed out by the cap, and they will be a--if not the--top team in the league.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

From a very non-biased opinion (wink wink), I think the specters are going to be hitting their stride in s63. With the addition of a couple new players in the recent draft, they are on their way to slowly transition into a younger club. NOLA has made the playoff for quite some time and players started aging out and The gm and co-gm needed to take more abrupt steps to make sure their future was safe. With the addition of players like Cian McFelter, Vlastislav Malik, Jon St. Ark, Michael Scotch and Robert Feltersnatch, specters will finally look ahead again after the rougher path before of S60-61. With Odelyne's departure, NOLA will need to focus on getting the right effort from everyone. Who know, the management might even decide to sprinkle 1 or 2 monster veterans for a couple of cup run along the way. NOLA will look at S63 with a great smile, with a young core still developing for quite a long time

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Of course the Calgary Dragons will continue to be at the top at the end of 2021. Every season people write media articles claiming that the Dragons incredible run is done. They always say the prospect pool is thin and everyone is regressing so there's no way they can continue at the top. And every season Steelhead proves those people to be wrong. It's about the quality of the draft picks not the quantity. People load up on picks all the time and many of those teams are still at the bottom. Despite drafting near the end of each round Steelhead always manages to find one or two quality players every draft. He also picks alot of former Dragons as he knows them very well having been there for so long and knows exactly what kind of player they'll be making. And it's all perfectly timed as one player retires another is already groomed to step in so there's no let down at all. So yeah when all is said and done and the pundits keep waiting for the demise I fully expect to see the Dragons at the top still at the end of 2021.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

It's crazy that a year from now will only be S63/S64 time frame and Scoochie will start his regression around then. It's really hard to predict what will happen so far from now but I think teams like the Tampa Bay Barracuda and Toronto North Stars have set them up to be continual dynasties similar to how Buffalo and Hamilton are right now. I still also really believe Ham and Buf will be in the top as they always seem to be getting free trades from other teams around the league so I don't see this ending anytime soon. It is going to be interesting because I don't see a lot of Western teams making too many good moves so I'm wondering with FHM7 that we go away from the conferences and espcially divisions to even the playing field more. I also think that around that time we will have to get another expansion team in if the league keeps growing and staying active at this pace. Expansions can always shake the dynamics of the league up so will be interesting to look back on in a year from now.

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

These are always fun PTs when its predict the future time. We’re looking about 6 seasons into the future, and you’re going to see a lot of the same with Buffalo being on top. Finn and Tomen just rock this GM game better than a lot of people. Naturally, I have to say New Orleans will be back to contender status, as the core nucleus we have will be all in the 1400-1700 range of TPE. Toronto should be up there as well, although I’m curious to see how well they’ll be doing with the new cap rules. Same with Tampa Bay, as both teams have their core group all maxing out (TPE Tier-wise) around the same time and there won’t be room for everyone. Chicago feels like they’ll be on the downswing, a little like NOLA is now. I don’t know if Calgary can ever die. Edmonton feels like they could potentially fall off a bit too. And then of course, the sim wizards in Hamilton should be keeping the Steelhawks afloat forever. It’ll be really interesting to see how it all plays out! Chances are we’ll have two new expansion teams by then anyway. (196)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

1 year from now I think is actually not that hard to predict! The SHL has pretty long seasons and it takes a long time for players to develop so you can tell pretty well which teams are built for a year out from now other than some crazy FAs all going to the same team. Based on that I think the top three teams in the SHL one year from now are going to be:
1.) Buffalo Stampede
2.) Tampa Bay Barracuda
3.) Calgary Dragons

Buffalo keeps amassing 1st round picks somehow which means their future is always solid while at the same time they do a great job of keeping top tier talent in their lineup.

Tampa Bay has been rebuilding for a little bit now and I think it's finally coming around. Their players look really good and it seems like they're all coming up together fairly soon. I expect them to be killing it throughout pretty much all of this year and into the next year.

Calgary has been a great team for a long time and I think it's their locker room that really holds it together. They have a roundabout of great players continually joining the squad.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I believe the teams that are well-managed and consistently at the top of the standings will likely still be there in S63-S64. Teams like Buffalo, Hamilton, Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, and Manhattan have strong management teams and cultures that, barring any key-person departures, will allow them to always stay in the mix. What is more interesting is taking a look at the teams that are on the up or down. It is not controversial to say that Toronto could be a great team in S63 given their roster and pipeline. They still need to prove that they can retain talent on team friendly deals, but signs point to them being able to do so. San Francisco will be another interesting team in a year from now. The team will have two of its current leaders a few seasons into regression (HLO – S50; Petrenko – S51), but the future core the organization has been building through the past few drafts will be in their prime. Future superstar Sven Svenson will be at the top of his game and likely win multiple MVP nods.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Which team will be the top team in the SHL come season 63-64 range will most probably be a team that either is already in full rebuild mode or one just about to take the SHL by storm. That being said, I have to go with the latter and guess that the Toronto North Stars have all the right pieces in their organization to make a push and become contenders. Although in one of the toughest divisions in the league, there will be a shift and I have no doubt about that.

Looking at their roster at the moment and top rookie and sophomore players already making a difference will be the main stay guys for their club. They are already grooming their number one starter in Stratton and top pairing Sato. Both are from the S54 class and are very big TPE earners.

Zaporozhets, Marston, and Pritchard will most likely be their top line and all so young in their careers with Zaporozhets being the eldest coming out of the S51 class and the other two are from the S52 class.

These five pieces will be their core players moving forward.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

I know i sound like a broken record on almost all of these PT's cause i say the exact same thing. But I really feel that way in particular about this question. Without a shadow of a doubt in my mind Baltimore Platoon will be a dynastic winner in the timeframe suggest ~63-64 will be a golden age of BAP. A lot of people sleep on rebuilding teams what I think is most important is team passion and Baltimore has that in oodles. Ultimately any person can come in, do their pts, have a job, and do all their training. This is not what makes an SHL legend, an SHL legend actively participates on discord and on the site. An SHL legend is someone who helps others and doesn't hassle. To build others up not to put others down. The Baltimore Platoon is full of characters like this, who really care about one another and know what it takes to commit to a long game. BAP is patient, determined, and caring. Not much more one can ask for from a team, but to those who wait, the reward is sweet.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber