Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 12:03 PM by Jearim.)

1- Because we are.

10 -
[Image: KqPDvhF.jpg]

15 - Verification : Goodman

17 - Milestones + 3 TPE

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Very great community

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Bongus

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046639
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 02:32 PM by marco999.)

It is good fun!

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Kaapo Kampainen has perfected the art of the mid game breakaway. He has scored countless goals this way during his SMJHL career. He would certainly benefit from the no icing rule to try and sneak a goal in after his more physical oriented teammates would get the puck and shoot it down the ice. He would work hard to retrieve the puck and keep possession of it. He wouldn't hesitate to take stick checking to the next level and swing his stick around to get rid of defenders. He's also known to use his ingeniosity, so he would most probably trip everyone, or throw his stick around to maximise his chance to retrieve the puck. Although he doesn't play dirty, Kaapo wouldn't hesitate to initiate contact with the goaltender to maximise his chances to put the puck on the net. A big cross check to the head of the goalie would ensure that he's not up to stop the puck and it would allow him or his teammates to score a goal.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I don't follow the SHL much, but even I know that the Hamilton Blizzard are the team to beat in the SHL and they have been winning ever since I entered the league. While it was refreshing to see another team than the Steelhawks in the finals, you can't deny they were the best team to make it to the Finals. I planned my playoff bracket for another Hamilton cup win and it wasn't really a tough decision based on their stellar regular season. They only had 10 losses combined and had by far the best goal differential in the league, they scored the most goals and allowed the least amount of goals. It was a no brainer and this is why I think Hamilton was the best team not to make it to the Finals this season.

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: kaapo

16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

To be honest, I've never given any thoughts about resorting to cannibalism, but I'm sure that's not really up my alley, so I figured all humans are off the table for Kaapo Kampainen, pun intended. Although in the past few seasons, we've seen the animal kingdom welcomed to the SHL, with most notably the Edmonton Blizzard pledging to accomodate our animal friends. I'll be teammates with two animals in the near future, with these two teammates being Julio Tokolosh and Pasta the Turtle. While I've never had turtle meat, I'm pretty sure my choice would still be Julio Tokolosh and I mean, do I even have to explain? He's a cow, that's pretty self explanatory.

+3 TPE - Milestones Thread

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 02:52 PM by .bojo.)

8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

[Image: unknown.png]

9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

mkdjvfl;kadmsjvfa;lsmkjv

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045778

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Code:
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

Absolutely incredible community.

Code:
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

Well my player is really built for one thing and that’s scoring goals. Don’t ask him to back check or play in the defensive zone, he doesn’t like it and the effort shows. Mentality is that the best defense is to always have the puck in the offensive zone. With an SHL like purge where anything goes for one game, Sutton is going to do whatever it takes to make sure the puck stays two hundred feet from his own goal. Time to go out and run some interference, he will slash, he will trip, he will bulldoze the goalie. Turnover in the offensive zone? Nothing a trip won’t stop. Defenders aren’t very effective without a stick, so maybe just going around slashing sticks in two, or just outright stealing them and throwing them over the glass. Since Sutton is pretty useless in his end, maybe he just cherry picks and waits for his team to recover the puck and pass it up to him? (165 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

Since no team in the league is called the Ghostbusters I am going to have to say that the Specters would be victorious in a battle royal winner take all fight. It’s a ghost which cannot be harmed and I cannot think of a way to defeat it. I believe the Monarchs would finish in second place letting the Syndicate and the Renegades battle it out before defeating the victor. After that everything loses. Man will conquer every other logo because that’s just what humans do. The Aurora? Humans will destroy the planet. Boats are easily sunk, LA could easily be leveled by humans or let the Dragons do their work. CN Tower would just get knocked over. Any of the birds would eat the Barracuda and probably the fox from the Blizzard. The Wolfpack, or Pride would hunt down the Stampede and the Rage and should they fail, well any of the three human logos would be there to finish the job. Humans might have a tough time against the Dragons but again, the Monarchs are prepared to deal with that. (182 words)

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
Code:
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

I’m going to have to say that I do really like the branding of the Texas Renegades a lot more than that of Buffalos. I love the black and grey scheme and their alternate jerseys just seem unique to me. Their goal song is probably one of my favourites in the league as well. Overall they just seem more menacing and a team you’d expect to hear are in the finals. (71 words)

Code:
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

Bit of an easy answer for me, if I had the choice of visiting any of the SHL cities for a long weekend, Dallas would be at the top of the list or very close to it. I think the JFK assassination is fascinating and would for sure be making the rounds to all the historical sites. I also love Texas and want to visit there on my own free will. Same can’t be said about Michigan and especially Buffalo. (80 words)

Code:

Mojito

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046192

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

Feels like family.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

You know I've thought a lot about this since I saw it as a possible question so let me lay this out for you. My player will bring in an actual, honest to god zamboni and park that thing right in front of our team's net. With the net completely sealed off from the opposing team, our goalie will spend the entire game running around on the ice trucking various players who dare to carry the puck. It will be NHL Blitz. It will be mayhem. Carry the puck from the neutral zone? Hope you like having your wrists chopped to shit. Trying to come out from your own zone? You're gonna get Stevens'd (or is it Scheifele'd now, did you see that hit? awful right?) One game we might even field a whole line of defensemen who play 1-4 defense whose sole mission is to make your night terrible.

So many great options.

So when is this game?

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

Ok so this prompt made me laugh because its the most ridiculous. For starters, who will lose first? Its obviously going to be the fish. Tampa Bay, sorry not sorry. No one is afraid of a barracuda. Your fish will end up as tuna on the plate of every other team in the league. I will grant you though, it is a flashy looking fish but I must also admit I thought you were the Salmons for a good year or so. As to who would win, clearly its going to be the team that is a star. The Toronto North Stars literally cannot be beaten. They are a star. Stars live an awful long time. In fact, after most of us are all dead and the site goes down, the North Star will still be there, taunting our ghosts with the fact that it cannot die. Its like Toronto has been playing the long con since before the SHL was a thing.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I will be the first to admit that I don't follow the IIHF as much as I used to because its a between the seasons gig. So for these I usually say Germany because I know how amazing Cass Darrow can be and still is and I usually also say US or Canada because they are stacked but this year I will also say Team GB has a great shot. I've gotten to know those guys fairly well and I know their dedication and how much fun they have with the IIHF so I think Team GB could be a force to be reckoned with this time around as well. I think it would be great if both the IIHF GB and the WJC GB could pull off the double, both teams winning gold. How awesome would that be, the British winning it all. I think that would be a pretty awesome sight to see myself.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.

It's going to be buffalo, hands down and its because it seems like Buffalo has done everything right only to get the short end of the stick at the last minute. Texas, a great team and congrats to them on their win but they had some tough rebuilding years that they can now reap the benefits from. Buffalo has been strong over nearly 20 seasons, its like a continuous kick in the teeth to see them come up short each time.

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

S59 SMJHL Milestones (Vandy)

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 06:08 PM by BoloBill.)

17. Milestones 2 TPE

DEFENSE
Takeaways -> 22 or more
Fights Won -> 1 or more

Code:

Most indepth media, and the community is so alive. Always seems to be something happenning in the league even in the offseason.

Code:

Bolo

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

For this task I will be writing about my parent team the Chicago Synidcate. Chicago is a great City that I have gotten to visit a handful of times. There are plenty of celebrities that would be a fan of the Synidcate. The first I'll mention is Kanye West. Kanye, love him or hate him, is the one of the most impactful producers in the history of hip hop and now could also be one of the most impactful rappers in the history of hip hop. Politics aside his music is amazing and I think it would be cool to see him rink side a few games. Speaking of politics, former President Barack Obama would also be a cool person to see at a game. Obama always supports his home town teams so no doubt he would be a Synidcate game, especially if it were the playoff's. The list could go on and on really with this one. I'll stop at those two for this CW. 

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.

I think that Texas has the bigger edge going into the finals. No one thought they would be in this position. No one is expecting two upsets in a row and the fact that I call them upsets is telling as well. If I was on the team I would want to be thought of in the same league as the other top two teams.

Code:
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

This is a tough one. I think both teams have really nailed the branding for their respective cites. Both Mascots fit and are respective cites well. For me Buffalo edges Dallas. I love the color scheme for Buffalo. The green is really nice and the logo has a very classic vibe. Feels like it could be a real life logo and branding.

Code:
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

There is really no contest here. I am sorry to Buffalo but Dallas is a much superior city. You have pretty decent weather all year round, you have beaches within driving distance. And food wise Dallas is a gem. For me, I would much rather spend a weekend in Dallas. I honestly don't know much about Buffalo.

PBE CW +3

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 06:53 PM by Fitted2106.)

1. Shl is the best because me and trella are here

2. Woth the shl purge hitting us it's time to absolutly bust down on the great lakes in Tampa. Many of us got cross bows for the games because fuck the great fakes. Bunch of yellow belly's really because we out to take liberty's boy. Fucking purge the lakes I say everybody playing the lakes needs to come equipped with 73 weapons and 45 murderers period. With this going down it would be a great time for a team to cut all away team ammenitys and make it even more difficult for the visiting great lakes team. With 0 rules I could have trella hit guys with blow darts that make them go to sleep gonna be fun as fuck. Once asleep we can simply remove them from the ice goalie included. If this were a reality Tampa would be the top team in the east no questions asked. Let's make this happen shl.
173 words

6. I think Great Britain is a team that can come home with gold this year no questions asked. With such leadership as Tom fiddler this team has a good mix of guys from guy Zheng to fiddler that can help them not only keep there streak of medals going but also come out on top. Fiddler I know personally is itching for a title as his time in Tampa has not yet come close to a ring and with the group the British roster has this year I believe he will give it his all to take hime that glorious gold. With regression coming next year and this being his players best shot at having his best iihf I see him laying it all on the line for his country and possibly being tournament mvp. This is it fidds it's time to show the people all over the world what your capable of and show the leadership you've shown all of us in Tampa since you showed up in s53.
173 words

Cw verification fitted

Milestones+3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3047939

12 D.
Buffalo of Dallas you ask I'm gonna pick buffalo just because Texas is whack as duck like def goin to see the Bill's mafia and going through some tables shit is lit fam. My boys in buffalo get down and your boy wants parts gonna be epic baby hanging with Josh allen and shit fuck yea.
60 words

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Task 1 (3 TPE)

Luke and Nour

Task 5 (2 TPE)

When looking at the SHL I think the only answer has to be the Hamilton Steelhawks. In a season where they only lost 10 games and their season is now the new record for most wins/points in a season (I believe that’s the case at least?), they’re definitely the team that’s best to not make the Challenge Cup Finals.

When looking at the J it’s a little different since both top teams ended up meeting in the finals, but you have to look at Newfoundland and say they’re probably the best team not to be there. They had the second highest goal differential in the league and had the 3rd most goals for.

Task 12 (3 TPE)

a. I gotta side with the Buffalo Stampede. They were an absolute force during the season, they scored a ton of goals and continued that offensive showing throughout the first three rounds of the playoffs. They have a lot of guys that can chip in offensively and have an active blueline that can do their fair share of damage on the scoresheet
b. I have to assume Texas will have the bigger chip on their shoulder. Coming off a huge series where they came back from behind and eliminated the Hamilton Steelhawks has to give the players a huge chip on their shoulder. Especially since everyone assumed Hamilton would cruise to the finals and hoist the Challenge Cup, you gotta give the edge here to Texas.
c. I actually like both teams’ branding, but I think I prefer Buffalo’s a little more. I like the color combinations and it’s something different, compared to the black and white that Texas has. When it comes to cities, I’d say it’s pretty equal just because I haven’t been to either, and both seem to have some very passionate fanbases.

Task 16 (2 TPE)

Just like the question says, sorry Julio. Can you really respond with someone else? Firstly, he’s probably the biggest in the league because he’s a cow. Secondly, he’s very versatile and can provide lots of food for an extended period of time to ensure survival. I wouldn’t kill him right away, he can help out with milk, he’s strong so he can also help with doing work to help me out, and then if we run out of food, steak sounds pretty good to me (sorry buddy). Other animal related players in the SHL would just be too small and wouldn’t provide the nutritional value Julio would.

Task 15 (3 TPE)

Verification

Task 17 (3 TPE)

3 TPE Claim from Milestones

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:

Offseason Drama Ahead

(In all seriousness)

Friendly Buncha Folks

Code:

I put way too much effort and typed almost a thousand words on this topic, so I decided to put that into a media piece and do a TL;DR for Championship week. All of the teams in the SHL can be categorized into four different distinct groups. You have Humans in one group, Animals in the second group, Mythical Beings in the third group, and Abstract Entities in the fourth group. I have used the logos for the Rage and Blizzard to depict their groupings, as Rage and Blizzard were an abstract entity, and a weather system, but their logos were animals (of a bull and a wolf respectively.) Right off the bat, I am eliminating all teams that are either Humans and Animals. And Calgary Dragons. Sorry. These entities have, time and time again, been defeated or have been depicted as defeated throughout history, stories, and films. Dragons put up a good fight, but as we all know in Game of Thrones, a dead human can throw a stick and kill one. This eliminates 13 logos in one fell javelin throw.

The remaining 5, two (Specters and Aurora) are ethereal or corporeal and can’t actually do anything themselves. ELIMINATED.

An Inferno will get absolutely dwarfed by Polaris, the North Star, and the Steelhawks will melt to the ball of fire that is a star. That is unless the North Stars are of the “celebrity” type, then they are in the Human category, or worse yet, they are actually Leaves, as their logos suggest, and will be defeated by anything with the numbers 3-1.

And once again, you can’t escape the Great Lakes even in a battle of SHL Logos

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
I may be biased (yes I am biased) but I believe the Hamilton Steelhawks are the best team to not make the finals this season. Yes, it is a boring narrative now, and the league was saved from another Buffalo vs Hamilton final, but Hamilton had a phenomenal year once again. Leading the way and capturing the President’s trophy upon the backs of a great season by A Jobin and a record setting by Theo Morgan, scoring the most goals in a 66 game season (with 48), the most points in a 66 game season (with 102), alongside Aaron Wilson who beat also beat the previous record of 93 points in a season with 97. Losing to the eventual champions can be frustrating, but all props to Texas for successfully draining the Great Lakes this season.

Code:

Hammarberg

Code:
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Eating another human is probably one of the most traumatizing events a human can experience. Eating a fellow human being dehumanizes all humans, which in turn dehumanizes yourself. There are a multitude of reasons why cannibalism will do horrors to the human mind, and thus, I turn what I believe is the only non-human being in the league. Narboza Manyhands. Granted, it will likely be a eat or be eaten scenario against Narboza, with his alien physiology most likely overpowering a human, but of all of the players in the SHL, I’d choose the alien first. I don’t know how nutrition would be eating alien flesh. I bet it tastes like chicken.

Code:
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046867

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM by HanTheMan_.)

Code:

Nour is pog :-)

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE (114 words)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

I think Jason Derulo would be quite the fan of the Winnipeg Aurora. Since Jason Derulo is from Florida, you would assume he’d be a super fan of the Tampa Bay Barracuda right? Well, the Winnipeg Aurora has a player by the name of Jason Desrouleaux. Who knows if he himself is a superfan of Derulo or if it's just a coincidence, but Derulo is a fan of Desrouleaux! It’s hard to tell if he’s a fan of Desrouleaux because of the several similarities and is trying to file a restraining order against him or if he is just a genuine fan of him and the team. Well, we’ll find out soon enough :D

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: cwS59.jpg]

Code:

Sour cream and onion

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (109 words)

Oh man, so many choices. Now, this is a weird circumstance to be in to need to eat a fellow player. I think if it were absolutely necessary, I would pick Chimkin Wing based on the name alone. At least then I can trick my brain into thinking it is just chicken wings. Funny enough, Chimkin Wing plays on the Buffalo Stampede. And what kind of sauce is great on chicken wings? That is right! Buffalo! So many tricks for the brain to make this less weird. The fact I am even justifying it is just off-putting. I am so sorry Chimkin Wing it had to be done.

Code:
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 02:00 PM by DollaBill.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

Ruthless aggression, man.

Task #3 – 3 TPE

If all 18 SHL logos got into a real-life fight, I have little doubt that the first to be KO’d would be the Winnipeg Aurora. Why, you ask…well, I’d use the Atlanta Inferno to burn that damn forest down. I would anticipate lengthy runs by the New Orleans Specters because of the ability disappear and reappear and the Calgary Dragons because, well, it is a f*cking dragon. But there is always strength in numbers, and it is with that said, my final four would be the San Francisco Pride, Chicago Syndicate, Baltimore Platoon, and New England Wolfpack.
Animals take the advantage over the humans because the humans are toting zero weapons. Perhaps things would be different if the Platoon’s logo depicted and eagle holding a .50 caliber machine gun. Regardless, it is cats versus dogs in the final and it is Pride for the win. Cats are smarter than dogs, plain and simple. Cats are also nimbler and have amazing reflexes. Show me a dog with 9 lives and I will consider this fight to end differently.

Task #5 – 2 TPE

The Colorado Raptors came into Season 59 with a ton hype. Second-year players Fedor Sotakov, Angus McFife XVIII, and Jack Nishimori were going to pair with chistled veterans like team captain Ruggs McOoooh to make a deep run, if not with the Four Stars Cup. The result was an embarrassing, 1st round sweep at the hands of the Anchorage Armada. When asked how things could have been different, second-year man Fedor Sotakov held back no punches:

“We did not show up, plain and simple. You would think that a team who underachieved all regular season would get its sh*t together for the postseason…and we did not. There could be a lot of blame in the locker room, but no one deserves more blame than me. I did not show up…nothing went right for me. I apologize to the fans that some personal issues got in my head and were a distraction late. I cannot put up near-50 points during the regular season and only shoot 6 pucks on net once playoffs start. I completely sucked. Had I not sucked, I believe the Raptors would have been a more formidable opponent.”

Task #7 – 2 TPE

SHL celebrity fans:

Atlanta Inferno – Ludicrous
Baltimore Platoon – Jada Pinkett Smith
Buffalo Stampede – Tim Russert Jr.
Chicago Syndicate – Vince Vaughn
Hamilton Steelhawks – Eugene Levy
Manhattan Rage – Donald Trump
New England Wolfpack – Mark Wahlberg
Tampa Bay Barracuda – Hulk Hogan
Toronto North Stars – Drake
Calgary Dragons – Bret Hart
Edmonton Blizzard – Michael J. Fox
Los Angeles Panthers – Bill Nye
Minnesota Monarchs – Nick Swardson
New Orleans Specters – Birdman
San Francisco Pride – James Franco
Seattle Argonauts – Dave Matthews
Texas Renegades – George W. Bush
Winnipeg Aurora – Chris Jericho

Task #15 – 1 TPE (Min)
RollPride

Task #16 – 2 TPE

Times are tough and there is a massive food shortage. Having no choice but to turn to cannibalism, Fedor Sotakov has began the hunt for Pasta the Turtle. For weeks, Sotakov gave thought to who his first human meal would be. He considered massive players like Big Boss but second-guessed himself after failing to develop a plan to take down a human much larger than he. All roads then led him to a turtle with a shell that is full of pasta. Pasta will provide Fedor with much-needed carbohydrates, in addition to the protein-rich turtle meat that comes from his legs and tail.

Task #17 – 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3047025
Assists: 34
+/-: 18
Hits: 56
Shots Blocked: 49

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

SHL- Sexiest Hockey League

In order to take advantage of this misguided and probably horrific idea, Jonas is going to simply pick the puck up and skate around with it depending on where he wants the puck to go. Wants to pass to a teammate while under pressure? Simply pick the puck up, evade the forecheckers and drop it on their stick. Down a goal late in the third? Pick the puck up and pop it into the opponents net for an easy snipe. He is a very good skater so it would be difficult for opponents to catch him and neutralize these options. And then maybe they would figure out that this was a terrible idea and the shouldn't have done that because now young Jonas has throw the puck into the net 15 times and it's only halfway through the 2nd period. i will admit though, with some other ways to abuse this rule there could be some fun outcomes and nothing stops the other team from copying Jonas and doing the same thing.

If all 18 SHL team logos entered into a fight that would be very interesting. I think starting from least intimidating, the first logo that would be out of the fight would have to be the Winnipeg Aurora unfortunately. They are just the northern lights, they dont do much of anything other than look pretty, that doesn't bode well. The rest are all somewhat intimidating in their own rights. At the right of the spectrum, I would say there would be a little mini war. Panthers and Pride vs Blizzard (wolves) and Wolfpack. It would be a dog vs cat kinda thing and it would be pretty cool to see, but since it would be lions and panthers vs wolves and dogs, I think it would over pretty quickly with the cat side winning. The you might have the stampede and rage ganging up against the steelhawks and inferno in a birds vs cows type thing, and I have no idea how it would go. I guess a steelhawk and a bird on fire would cut through some cows pretty quickly. Especially if the platoon and their eagles joined in. Anyways Panthers would come out on top.

I think that the best SHl team to not make the finals this season was the Hamilton Steelhawks. The Steelhawks dominated in the regular season yet again with their top 3 players in Elijah Jones, Theo Morgan and Aaron Wilson carrying the offence and Mitchell van der Heiden also having a big year as well up front. Their defence was led by two of the best dmen in the league in Hugh Jazz and Samuel Michaud. It's a real shame they didnt make the finals since I really needed the tpe. Shoutout also to the Newfoundland Berserkers in the SMJHL who were the best team in the J not to make the finals, props to them, absolute madlads.

a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?

I would say that the Buffalo Stampede would have more offensive fire power than the Texas Renegades. The Buffalo Stampede had 3 players during the regular season who were able to put up 75+ points while the Texas Renegades did not have any players who hit the 75 point mark this season, despite playing in the weaker division. As well, 2 of those Buffalo players were in the 80+ range, so I think the Stampede have the offensive edge.

Wheeler

17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (1 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046769

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 07:13 AM by yonggarius.)

Great Banking system

You know exactly what Robot Sunfish will do if the SHL stop enforcing the rules. It's time for unlimited hits and fights! The elimination of "five minute penalty after every fight" and "you're elected if you use equipment" rules will be a welcome change for Sunfish. Why? You see, Sunfish got promoted to the second line prior to this season, and has been given a role which is lot more important than one he held last season, when he was basically an enforcer who shoots whenever he can. Because of that, Sunfish had to refrain from fighting as much as he could inborder to avoid penalty minutes, and had to rely on ramming other players in the rare occurrence he actually got an opportunity to fight. (Well and the opponents got scared of him after last season, but let's leave that off for a bit)

Now with those pesky rules gone, Robot Sunfish will finally be free to do what he always wanted to do on the ice; chase, hit and fight the hell out of his opponents. (178)

Despite their rather bad regular season record, I think the Vancouver Whalers were unlucky to miss out on the finals. The team came just short in the quarterfinals for two straight seasons, and this season's series was very close. Player wise, Vancouver is a very young team mostly consisted of high earners in the first few lines. They were able to have all capped first and second lines, with the help of S58 veterans like Zayne Rotzbua and Nicolaj Boyle, and their very strong S59 class featuring multiple first rounders such as Sven Svenchnikov, Robot Sunfish and Alexis Saint- Michel. Round that up with great rookies like standout Lev Levadev, and you got a team that will most certainly bounce back from this misfortune! (124)

c.
I prefer Buffalo's branding among the two. I like that the team name 'Stampede' seems to be quite origonal while connecting with the city they're based in. I felt like the 'Renegades' were a bit too generic with it beibg an old XFL team name and all that. I prefer Buffalo's logo too, as I am not a fan of blacks, which is basically the whole of Renegades logo. (68)
d.
Dallas is definately somewhere I'd spend a good weekend in. I have very strong ties with the city, as it is the home of Dallas Birddogs in ISFL, a team that I love very much. So spending a weekend in Dallas will be a great time, with getting around old Birddogs facility and meeting up with the amazing teammates I had. (61)

15. Trivia
Sunfish

For those unfortunate circumstances, one would say that it is rather lucky for the Whalers to have quite a few non human players. The Whalers now got a Moose and a Penguin, on top of pre existing Sunfish (this one is a robot, and he's mostly steel and wiring, I tell you), Sailfish and an alien of all things. Among those, the most edible will be Strawberry Sailfish. Unlike Moose or penguin, which can cause food poisoning when eaten raw or alien which I don't even know if he's edible, Sailfish are widely eaten around the world, and quite a few times in raw form. Plus, Sailfish's name suggests that he has something to do with strawberry, which will increase the taste somewhat. (123)

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3TPE
SMJHL milestones
3TPE

13/16TPE
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 04:58 AM by taterswc.)

Makrus the Tater Jager, clearly

4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

My homeland of Germany a blockbuster I did destroy
I flee to Vancouver to escape my crime
Hockey’s the sport I truly enjoy.
I get to play hockey in all my free time

Now that im playing I have so much fun
Shooting and scoring every game
I really enjoy this life on the run
Helping my team and avoiding the fame

The season is over but no need to be sad
Next season I know right where we’ll land
Sinking some boats because they are bad
I’ll be there on the ice with a stick in my hand

When you play Vancouver you better show up
Next year the Whalers are coming for that cup

11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S59 season (on or off the ice)
- S59 playoff round-up
- S59 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S60 predictions
- Expansion draft predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

7min pod link

tater

SHL Milestones: TBD
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

Milestone Claim

16/16

[Image: qm0v49d.png]