Create Account

S59 IIHF Finals Recap

S59 IIHF Finals Recap
(594 words, ready for grading)

If you’re reading this, thank you for making it this far with the IIHF recap series - and the IIHF tournament, which now draws to a close with tonight’s gold medal and bronze medal games! Team Japan and Team Czechia have both never won a gold medal before, so we will get to crown a new first-time gold medal winning team at the end of this stream! Team Norway and Team Switzerland have also had a bit of a medal drought, so the match for bronze could get a little feisty as these two teams look to add to their trophy case.

[Image: xiYIol3.png]
[Image: x0ctxR0.png]

norway NOR 5 - SWI 4  Switzerland

This game had a lot of shots from both sides and quite a few goals, with Team Switzerland scoring a late goal that nearly started a comeback. Team Norway started the game strong with a couple of goals from their top line of Muerto, Kvalheim and Eko van Otter before five minutes had even elapsed in the game. FR Finn-Rhys managed to get the Swiss on the board, with an assist from rookie Yan Dolff. Scholz restored the two-goal lead for Norway, and Eko Van Otter added to that lead with another two goals in the second, giving him a hat trick in this game. Frederick Wanesly, a recent addition to the Swiss squad as he transferred in from Team Great Britain, scored an absolute smasher of the goal as he did a power move to the net in the second period, keeping the Norwegians to a three-goal lead. The third period was all Team Switzerland as they had a desperate push to equalize, with goals from Elijah Jones and Cal Labovitch; the latter came with the goalie pulled and less than ten seconds left. Unfortunately the Swiss ran out of time to complete their comeback, and Team Norway would seal the deal as Kavanagh kept the last few desperate shots at bay.

[Image: UekDrLe.png]

Czechia CZE 1 - JPN 2  Japan

The gold medal game! This game was quite different to the bronze medal game in that Team Japan took hold of the game and never really let up until it was over. Team Czechia had their hands full keeping the Japanese at bay, and were eventually outshot 22-40 at the buzzer, with Knox Booth having been a wall for them and earning the second star honours. Akira Ren and Ryu Jones would have the two Japanese goals, which came in the middle frame, and Aron Hernadivic scored the only goal for the Czech at the start of the third period. Disisde Dayudie only had one assists on the score books for tonight but he had a lot of offensive chances were turned away by Knox Booth, earning himself the first star honours as he was dynamically offensive for Team Japan’s blueline.

Wow - what a tournament! As my first ever tournament acting as the commissioner, I am happy to congratulate all the teams on participating, and to especially congratulate Team Japan on their gold medal, Team Czechia on their silver medal, and Team Norway for their bronze medal! I hope that everyone had fun, that this was exciting, and that we will see you again at the next IIHF tournament. If you have any comments, suggestions or remarks, please don’t hesitate to let me know via this thread, by PM or Discord.

We will be having the IIHF Awards ceremony some time next week, with the time and details to be announced once I have finalized a few things.

Thanks for reading!

[Image: HVp26gG.png]

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

JAPAN

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Thanks for running a great tournament Roast. JAPAN NUMBER ONE!

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

congrats japan

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

lesss gooo

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

At least it’s not canada

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

good tournament, it was good to see how volatile the standings can be in FHM when teams are more even then they have been in the SHL over the last few seasons

Didn't have fun, made new player :(

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]