Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

PBE Affiliate

War Eagle - Lil Mook & Knuck - A trap song about eagles going to war, or something like that. It gets the team super hyped because we are birds and we go to war on the ice. Usually played right before taking the ice. Also they just say WAR EAGLE a bunch.

I'm Like a Bird - Nelly Furtado - Another bird classic, this one is more for the lowkey guys who just want something catchy to listen to while warming up the legs on the ice. A mellow song for a slower ramp up pre-game.

Birds - Imagine Dragons - Shocking isn't it? Another bird song. Also a mellow one for warmups. It inspires confidence and the ability to fly on the ice.

Surfin Bird - The Trashmen - Literally everyone in the locker room hates this shit. But Monsieur Pingy demands it so we oblige. 

The Falcon Suite (Marvel Falcon Theme) - Henry Jackman - Hype music for our heroic falcons. It's got a building tempo that evokes the amazing abilities our Fighting Falcons are about to display. Nothing else needs to be said.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Walking into the locker room one training day, there happened to be a team meeting.  We were all tasked with creating a pre-game playlist of five songs.  I thought long and hard about what songs I wanted to add to it.  After a few days of thinking about what to add, I finally figured out what songs I wanted to add.  The first song is "I Got My Game On" by Trace Adkins.  This song is first on my playlist to get that feel-good feeling of being ready for the game.  The second song is called "History Repeating" by The Megas. The next ties into it as it is "One Last Time" also known as History Reapeating part 2, which is also by The Megas.  These set the mood for getting mentally prepared for the game.  What would come next would be "We Will Rock You" by Queen. Do I really need to explain why? It's not only a bop and a head banger, but it also gets you loose.  This final song is one I don't think is very known, but I feel it's perfect for a last song before hitting the ice, or walking out of the locker room for any sport.  It's "Say I Won't" by Sunny Ledfurd.  It talks about being hit again and again, but having that fighting spirit, getting back up, and continuing on.

The playlist one more time:

1. I Got My Game On - Trace Adkins

2. History Repeating - The Megas

3. One Last Time (History Repeating Part 2) - The Megas

4. We Will Rock You - Queen

5. Say I Won't - Sunny Ledfurd

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

Hell and Back
I think I’m Okay MGK
Bad Liar Imagine Dragons

So I am one who always listens to a bunch of random songs that have a ton of different meanings that I am probably to young to understand so because I have picked 5 very very very different songs that all motivate me in some way. As weird as it seems I sorta like depressing love songs and it motivates me to do stuff even though I do not know why, that is why Karma and De Ja Vu are on here. Bad Liar and I think I’m okay are just two songs I love to jam out to you in my room. Hell and Back is a song I heard a few years ago on some highlight videos and it is just stuck in my head now so I just listed it mainly because of that

Honorable mention Heros by Alleso, this song is one that I also like to listen to in my room and it is something that I think should be on a ton of highlight videos because it sorta has that vibe to it. Anyway these are some songs I would put on my playlist!

207 words
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 11:09 AM by artermis.)

What began as pride has turned into a major issue in the Kelowna locker room.

The Czechs, full of national pride and perhaps egged on by Petr Svoboda, have made it a pregame ritual of theirs to include the playing of Kde domov můj, the Czech national anthem. The result has been war over the speakers in the locker-room. While relatively few, the Canadians have managed occasional control in order to play O Canada, however due to their numbers they are often overtaken, but they recoup in the knowledge that their anthem plays before every home game, and they don't let their teammates forget. The other national anthem at the beginning of games is The Star-Spangled Banner, of which you are still guaranteed to hear it twice in the locker room before the game. While only represented by pairs, you'll hear the anthems of two more countries in the locker-room, mostly due to the struggle of the larger national groups, and the unrepresented nations picking sides, and those are the incredibly short Kimigayo and Norway's recent anthem, Ja, vi elsker.

For now the locker-room remains in factions, only time will tell if these wounds will heal.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

1. Til I Collapse - Eminem

A classic pregame song right here. The beat. The lyrics. Em's inflection throughout the song just scream pre-game hype to me. Personally, after hearing this song, I feel like I could run through a brick wall.

2. Here Comes The Boom - Nelly

If you've watched any Nevada games this season, you can tell that we may have a slight penalty problem. I'll attribute that issue to this song and this song alone.

3. Remember The Name - Fort Minor

100% reason to include this song. Remember the name, Willie Miller.

4. Stronger - Kanye West

Who doesn't want to get harder, better, faster, and stronger? I feel that all those are essential to becoming a good hockey player so this song is essential.

5. Run This Town - Jay-Z

Being that Nevada is the only team in Nevada, not only do we Run This Town (Las Vegas), but you could also say that we Run This State (Nevada).

(166 Words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

[Image: 70OhsbR.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

1. František Škroup & Josef Kajetán Tyl - Kde domov můj (Czech national anthem)

Sounds like a weird choice, I know - and it is. However, Petr (Svoboda) was absolutely insistent on us having it in the pre-game playlist. I've gotta say, the man loves his country.

2. Paula von Preradović - Land der Berge, Land am Strome (Austrian national anthem)

Yeah, you see where this is going. The coaches allowed Petr to add the Czech anthem to the playlist - on the condition that other players would be allowed to add their countries' anthems as well. Sebastian Weiss was the first to jump at the opportunity, and the Austrian anthem joined the playlist.

3. Baumaņu Kārlis - Dievs, svētī Latviju! (Latvian national anthem)

I mean... I had to join in on the fun, right?

4. Francis Scott Key & John Stafford Smith - The Star-Spangled Banner (US national anthem)

Of course, we've got a few Americans on the roster, and since quite a few of the teams in the SMJHL are from the US it felt wrong to not include it. And similarly...

5. Robert Stanley Weir & Calixa Lavallée - O Canada (Canadian national anthem)

We had to conclude the playlist with the anthem of the land of hockey and the land which we play in. In case you're wondering - the English version, since we're about as far from Quebec as we can be.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

When it comes to the Vancouver Whalers song choices it does not surprise many when we list off the three songs that get us motivated every morning, the list is as follows.

YoungBoy Never Broke Again - It Ain't Over

We all love to make fun of the artist, I mean he's in the locker room, of course we are going to play his music and razz him a little bit. You never know when a friend is going to make it big in the music industry and so when we found out that NBAYB. He is a great team mate and his music is tolerable, so we are glad to promote him through our locker room.

Styx - Mr. Roboto

Honestly I am just a bit of a dick head, I enjoy teasing people through the music I put on in the locker room, this one goes out to the resident robot of the group.

David Bowie - A Space Oddity

As you can tell all three choices were selected to poke fun at someone in the locker room, this one being dedicated to an alien, Narboza Manyhands, who came to our earth just a few months ago now.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

ISFL Affiliation - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid487569

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

The Newfoundland Locker Room is always full of so much energy and our pre-game playlist is no different.

We start off with a classic: Jaja Ding Dong. When I first joined the team, I stuck up my nose at this song. It is played so often in the LR. Then, it started creeping into my brain during any situation I needed to hype or pump myself up. 

2) I Had A Hat - The Dropkick Murphys; a traditional Newfoundland drinking song. Self-explanatory! 

3) Girls Zerks Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper; we need to know to not take ourselves too seriously. This should be fun for everyone! 

4) Cry For Me - Twice; this is GREAT at bringing more energy. 10/10

Finally, we round it out with another play of Jaja Ding Dong. Don't ask me why or how, but it works. The 'Zerks have a LARGE 18-game winning streak, and I really think that this song is why.

[Image: MJFOsSL.jpg]
 [Image: jVFaBhU.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

We actually chose these 4 songs for our pre-game playlist simply by voting on the songs that we wanted. Everyone got 3 votes and now those are the 4 warmup songs that we get for the next month. The 5th song is chosen by whoever wins a shootout contest. We do this every month on the 1st.

1.) Gummy - Brockhampton

2.) Nobody Speak - Run the Jewels

3.) High Hopes - Panic! At The Disco

4.) Come With Me Now - KONGOS

5.) Africa - Toto
You know we gotta play Africa by Toto. This song was chosen by Stan Din'Desque this past month. Everybody groaned when Din'Desque said the name of the song but now it's become a crowd favorite!

Funny enough all four of the first songs we added to the list of songs to vote on by none other than Tomas Zadina!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Kelowna Knights playlist was put together by the rookies on the team who have mostly a good taste in music.

Wolves of the Sea by Pirates of the Sea – This song is one of Leons Briedis’s favourite songs and was chosen because it is a very good song and it has pirates in it and everyone loves pirates.

Fairytale by Alexander Rybak – Chosen by Tim Rocker, this song has an excellent violin part and is one of the best songs from a country with few good options.

L'amore è femmina by Nina Zilli – This song is chosen because it is better than the noise that they made this year. Thanks Donini.

Hunter of Stars by Sebalter – This song is great and he is very good at whistling which is possibly the hightlight of the song. It was chosen by petra “perta” sabor.

Woko mit deim Popo  – Who doesn’t people shouting “woki mit deim popo” in the locker room? I choose this song and it is the best song on the playlist.

Bonus: Three Lions by The Lightning Seeds – because maybe, someday, it just might.

Phil Collins - In the air tonight:
This one is just a nice song to get the blood going and to slowly hype up the atmosphere in the locker room. Especially the iconic drums part is something that just gives of a certain vibe to the players hearing this song.

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Another iconic song once played in sporting events. It is another of the most well known starting/hype songs around the world and another one that gets the players going for the game.

The Weeknd - Heartless
A song that at times tells the team with what kind of attitude they have to approach their enemy and how cutthroat they have to be at times to get the win.

DJ Khaled - All I do is win
Another song to set the tone for the team to get them into the right mood and remind them again what the ultimate goal is for the day

Eminem - Till I Collapse
The last song is there to remind all the players to just leave it all on the ice and never take a shift off.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)