Create Account

S61 PT#4- Attributes

My focus for Jimmy's attributes is on making him score as many goals as humanly possible. So far in the SHL I've only played as a goalie and a defenseman, and even when Charlie Schieck was leading the Pride in scoring he wasn't potting very many goals. With Jimmy I set out to build a pure sniper, and that led me to increasing Getting Open and Offensive Read to 15 first before working on defensive attributes. It was a rough start to Jimmy's SMJHL career, and he's still not the strongest on defense, but he had a breakout season last year and is on pace to eclipse his point total from S60. Now that Jimmy is capped out again though, there isn't a lot I can really do with my attributes at this point, unless I want to pay to redistribute, but why would I when JLC is among the league leaders in goals and points?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

POKECHECK BABY! I WANNA BE THE POKECHECK CHAMPION! THE GOD OF THE POKE! THE SHARK OF POOL HOCKEY! Everyone knows that pokecheck is the most important skill that a goalie can have.

Okay but seriously I think the four skills that are important to a goalie are as follows.

Number one is positioning. None of your other skills really matter if you position poorly. Every position on the ice needs to understand the importance of positioning. But goaltending needs it more so. If you don't position well you leave the entire net open and get scored on. Like I have several times this season.

Number two, rebound control. Blocking a shot is great, blocking a shot and just letting the opponent have the puck again is not.

Number three. Glove! Catching the puck and shutting down the hot offense is great. Beside who doesn't love the flash of some leather.

Number FOUR. Blocker, much like the glove but on the other side.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

As a 425 TPE capped SMJHL player, and one with a pretty well spread out array of attribute scores, Jack Nishimori benefits immensely from this bizzaro world swapping of numerical values. Relatively pedestrian ratings skyrocket to top of the league dominance for Jack. Only four relative weaknesses remain on his build after the swap: screening (11), hitting (1), shot blocking (11), and bravery (1). Let's just say that, despite a huge jump in physical and technical abilities, Jack has a bit of a hard time adapting and, afraid of his own power, avoids too much contact with others and plays a bit scared.

On the other hand, a number of interesting strengths rise out of the swap. his highest scores will be his 51s: Getting Open, Passing, Puckhandling, Offensive Read, and Stamina. On top of that, Jack has 50s in Fighting and Faceoffs. I believe this immense playmaking ability, on top of an elite stamina level and lockdown possession, would warrant a switch over to the center position, allowing Jack to dominate time of possession and help deal and dish from the middle to make scoring opportunities.

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 5-->50
Getting Open: 19-->91
Passing: 18-->81
Puckhandling: 18-->81
Shooting Accuracy: 12-->21
Shooting Range: 16-->61
Offensive Read: 18-->81

To analyze my offensive game know with the changes that have been made, i can state that I am almost as good as where i was at before the change. Only thing that took a drastic hit was the shooting accuracy. As a defenseman, this should not matter to much but every time i Take a shot, I will probably be hitting someone's face since my accuracy has gone down the drain. In addition, my best stat continues to be getting open. So i will always be free to take a shot but the fuck that my accuracy is only 21%, that means i will only score in 1/5 chances at most.

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 18-->81
Hitting: 18-->81
Positioning: 15-->51
Stickchecking: 18-->81
Shot Blocking: 15-->51
Faceoffs: 5-->50
Defensive Read: 18-->81

In terms of my defensive game, my stats are where i want them to me. As a defenseman, faceoffs is not important so i don't care that it is only at 50. However, positioning is important as a defender and mine is at a terrible 51. Thus, i got significantly worse there. My weakness there is that although my checking and hitting are pretty good, I will never be in the right position to land those. Even if i can read the defensive movement, I am just not able to position myself in the right place.

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 15-->51
Agility: 15-->51
Balance: 18-->81
Speed: 15-->51
Stamina: 17-->71
Strength: 19-->91
Fighting: 5-->50

In terms of the physical ratings I took a big L over here. The only thing i can be proud is my strength which is ironically my only strength here. My acceleration, Agility and speed took a major hit. I will move so slowly now and will basically be like a bulldozer on the ice. With the only thing going for me is my strength

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5-->50
Bravery: 9-->90
*Determination: 15-->51
*Team Player: 15-->51
*Leadership: 15-->51
*Temperament: 15-->51
*Professionalism: 15-->51

So for mental ratings, i didn't even put any work here to begin with. So it doesn't bother me too much. Only thing is that this also took a hit because majority of the stats were standardized at 15 on a 20 pt scale which equates to 75%. Now they are all in the 50% range. My only positive here is that i just got a whole lot braver, fitting the image of Ibrahimovic.

Overall, this new change sucks ass and I will be in turmoil if it were to happen. Ibra is not happy.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 11:18 AM by jRuutu.)

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt, don't feel like pulling up your player page, or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: Talk about the FHM attributes you value in your player. What are you looking to train over the season. Over your career? What kind of player do you want to ultimately build and how do you want your player to be remembered. If you are regressing, feel free to look ahead to a future player of yours or reflect on the player you once were.(150+ words)

I want to be one of the better ''near the net'' players. I want to be known as the player who is excellent in tipping and deflecting the puck. I also want to be good at screening the goalie. The goalies are so great that the only way you sometimes get a chance to score is by making sure the goalie doesn't see anything. That is where players like me come into the picture. You need to be pretty strong on your skates as the opposite team's defenders will naturally try to move you away from the net.

If you can be good in both, tipping/deflecting and screening - you are an annoying player to play against. They might take your stick away, but you are still standing there. Small things, but they can make a big difference in the playoffs. Ultimately, being annoying to play against is how I want to be remembered. A player who plays the game hard. A player who you had to play against hard.

Lately the attributes that matter the most to me are things like puck handling and getting open, cus if you arent making the horns go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR then what the heck are you even doing with your life? When I created I wanted to do a lot of acceleration and speed but I'm pretty sure those attributes don't end up helping as much as you might want so I kinda pivoted. I also started more defensively focused cus as much as I want to make the horn go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I also don't want to be the reason that the other team gets to make the horn go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ya'know? For defense I like stick checking, hitting isnt super important for my position but its still fun to put points into cus its fun to hit people and you get a whole stat on the index for hits so why not. I don't own FHM tho so maybe im totally wrong as I have never actually tested anything I just take people at their word

[Image: never_in_doubt.png]

Speed has always been an important attribute to my players. I want to zip zap around all the other players. Vroom from coast to coast and get 1 on 1 with the goalie for a good breakaway. If you look at the current scouting report of my player on the SHL website, it’ll have me at a 16 for speed and other attributes higher. Quite frankly, this may be accurate to the eye test, but deep down, I know that I am a speedster at heart. I prioritize my skating and its what I focused on so much during my early years. I thought if I could be faster, I could hit harder and be hit less often. I get out there and try to build some space between me and the defenders. It’s a different approach than some others take, but speed, acceleration and balance are very important to me. These will keep me zipping around for many seasons.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

i am doing the first prompt.

I am working off of the assumption that the attributes are now out of 100, as opposed to out of 20, still, although that was not clarified.

At first look, my offense really takes off. I'm at my first year above 10% regression, so I have no 20's. my build advisor said to keep things pretty neutral in the last quarter of your career. I am now elite in almost everything. my screening being low is understandable, and wouldn't effect my play style that much, I believe. Like the rest of the league, I was kind of handcuffed by my shooting range. having incredibly low screening and low shooting range means that I essentially have to be right in front of the net to score, unfortunately I'm bad at screening. it looks like I'll just be dangling and getting open, but not quite finishing.
Offensive Ratings
Screening: 31
Getting Open: 91
Passing: 81
Puckhandling: 91
Shooting Accuracy: 91
Shooting Range: 21
Offensive Read: 91

my defense is pretty average, but the things that I was previously worst at, I now have 90's in! A bruising center that won't block a shot. i can't think of any NHL comparisons. I would really like to throw my bovine weight around and be a menace in the neutral zone.
Defensive Ratings
Checking: 81
Hitting: 90
Positioning: 51
Stickchecking: 61
Shot Blocking: 21
Faceoffs: 90
Defensive Read: 81

My physicality kind of limits me, though I feel like there will be many others in my position as well. having a speed of 50 is going to be easy to maintain with a stamina of 71. the whole game is going to be a jog. give me some 20 minute shifts!
Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 51
Agility: 51
Balance: 81
Speed: 51
Stamina: 71
Strength: 81
Fighting: 50

my locked mentals are going to be just as average as everybody else. my aggression gets a boost though, from being 25% to 50% I'll be twice as dangerous! and with that fatal 11 (at least its not a 10 or a 20), my bravery is going to make me look more cowardly than Ross Geller. A lot of big hits and not a lot of follow-up. low shot-blocking and low bravery. no one is going to buy my jersey.
Mental Ratings
Aggression: 50
Bravery: 11
*Determination: 51
*Team Player: 51
*Leadership: 51
*Temperament: 51
*Professionalism: 51

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Well my offensive read would be 71, so if no one else had this little experiment happening to them, I would literally be the most galaxy brained offensive player in the history of the league. This also applies to my defensive read which would be flipped from 17 to 71. Honestly, this scale change would only benefit me, my ratings are either in the single digits, or they're 12 or higher. So pretty much everything is getting boosted, even the really shitty attributes that I currently have. I could really go for this new system to be honest. I would finally be one of the best players in the league! My scoring would be boosted, my defense and hitting would be boosted, so literally everyone on the ice would just be getting completely shit on by me. I would actually love this new system, can we bring it into effect please? I will be waiting...

[S77] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

Prompt 1

If I am not mistaken, then I believe that builds in FHM only have a max level of 20. So that means with everything switched around, the only people who get well and truly boned are those with 10s 11s or 20s on their player page. Those with 1s would also fit, but since we start with 5s in each category, no one will have that. So basically most teams will just be 20 in all stats super players, and I personally would be one of them. I'm a little surprised myself, but I don't have any 10s or 11s and I know I don't have any 20s yet. So yay! But I guess that doesn't really answer the spirit of the question, which, at least how I see it would mean that the upper limit for stats is now 91, but still I'm making out pretty alright. Not getting weighed down with any 02s, unfortunately I don't have any 91s, but I do have several 81s, which is the 2nd best thing. So I guess ultimately I don't get worse in any area, and my biggest weakness, my hitting game, is now better as I'm sitting with 50s instead of 5s.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

Not today, fellows

(3 words)

[Image: ieNy2MY.jpg]
Not gonna thank anyone

PROMPT 2

When I first created my player, I honestly picked my build at random ish. I am not big into hockey, and I really only ice skate for fun, or play pond hockey. So I think I picked a build that I was LEAST like IRL, which is a power forward. I have put my big TPE into the big boy attributes. Strength and Checking are the obvious ones. I wanted to be a dominant force on the ice and I absolutely wanted that to be the focal point of my build. As I've grown as a player, I have been able to round out my attributes a little more. I now am also quite adept in Puckhandling and Defensive Read. Another important attribute that I emphasized especially in the SMJHL was Getting Open. I found that the synergies of our first line on Detroit in S53 were terrific and the builds that we had constructed were seemingly perfect. So, I didn't really want to change anything. These powerful attributes have served me well and I hope I am remembered as such (which it sounds like our current team is known for lots of hits). If I recreate, I think I will focus on other things besides brute strength. Maybe a speedster? Sniper? Either way, I have had a lot of fun with this power forward build and would not change a thing.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 21
Getting Open: 81
Passing: 81
Puckhandling: 81
Shooting Accuracy: 71
Shooting Range: 11
Offensive Read: 81

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 81
Hitting: 41
Positioning: 81
Stickchecking: 81
Shot Blocking: 21
Faceoffs: 51
Defensive Read: 81

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 51
Agility: 61
Balance: 81
Speed: 51
Stamina: 91
Strength: 91
Fighting: 50

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 50
Bravery: 11
*Determination: 51

*Team Player: 51

*Leadership: 51

*Temperament: 51

*Professionalism: 51

This would be my new build. Luckily I am not jeffie or gabe, and I dont have a 20 in puckhandling, which would make me a 2 in this wild wacky world. On the fortunate side of things, I have a lot of 18s and a few 19s, meaning that I would probably be one of the best players in the league, considering a 19 would turn into a 91, and would be the best a stat can get in this system. because of this, my build looks pretty well the same, although some of my lower stats (14s and 15s that were converted to 41s and 51s) look a lot lower than they would otherwise, as they are really far from my 71s, 81s, and 91s. Because of this, I would probably need to bump up faceoffs to truly be elite. My shooting range and bravery dont change, as they were 11, so those stand out as weak points, and my screening and shot blocking are also low, at 21's. a 21 now would put me as the best screener or shot blocker in the league, but in this new wacky world, I would still suck shit at it. [200 words just the writing]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!