Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

WSBL PT Affiliate

[Image: blasoon.gif]

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: About two thirds through the season, and the trade deadline is coming up. Talk about the end of the season, and how you think it'll go for your team/the league. Any big trades your team needs to make? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Who do you think you'll face? (150+words) 82

Well, even though the deadline has come and gone with no moves, and I assume very little action, I think this was roughly in line with what I was expecting. Maybe 1 or 2 moves, but it's a tight spot right now for player movement. The buying teams are pretty well set and not looking to add, there are a bunch of potential sellers and I think the league has learned that the gain you get from having a late second pick might not be worth too much in terms of replacing talent / locker room presence. It's definitely a tough place to be in, and the locker rooms seem to be pretty static, which itself means that they are probably well run and engaging, so it's not a knock. It's a tough thing to deliberate on.

I think as far as match ups go we will be playing either Toronto or Atlanta, and that's mostly where Baltimore and Buffalo end up in the conference. Ultimately the playoffs are going to be the test in the east finals, where I think we will be facing either Buffalo or Hamilton, who ever wins out between those.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Prompt 2

I did not even realize that the end of the season was coming up. How do SHL seasons seem to go by so quickly? I cannot believe my second season in the SHL is almost coming to an end, though I am excited for playoffs. I am in the very fortunate position of being on the Chicago Syndicate, so it is great to see us at the top of the league. Because of that, I am not too worried at the trade deadline, I think our team will likely be standing pat and carrying this team chemistry into the playoffs and hopefully into a Challenge Cup by the time everything is settled. However, I think that if any player on the team should be worried, it is probably me. I would say that I am probably one of the weakest links on a championship calibre team, so I really would not blame my GMs for trying to trade me at the deadline for a useful piece!

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 03:02 PM by Kierkan.)

The rookies that have taken the ice for the Dragons this season have exceeded expectations. Our rebuild to try and get younger (especially now considering the new regression table), seems like it's definitely going to pay off down the road. We have several more promising rookies looking to move up over the next few seasons, which is just going to keep bolstering our efforts. Everyone has come together and put in the work to make themselves the best they can be for the upcoming playoffs. Expectations are high, regardless of our relatively low TPE numbers. We've shown that we can play with the best teams, and we're all excited to see what happens. There is a bit of a cloud of uncertainty after the new regression changes. Some of the older Dragons that have made up the core of the team have an uncertain future. Will the younger core be ready to take the reigns when regression takes its toll on the team? I don't know, but I'm excited for the future.

Prompt 2

[Image: Skyphin.gif]

[Image: pxjucze.png]     [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png]     [Image: 3Kip7R0.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 04:02 PM by GCool.)

Prompt 2

If you asked me halfway through the season how things had been going, I definitely would have had a completely different answer; here and now, with just a half dozen games left in the season, the LA Panthers are finally looking like what we thought they would. All of our S56 guys are hitting their stride in their respective roles, which is important because of those draft picks we traded away in exchange for most of the top of the draft class. Oh, and Jimmy Wagner is playing out of his mind. His point totals are one direct reflection of that (34G, 44A) but his linemates in Donair and Fruit are thriving as well. Several win streaks of 3 or more games have really propelled the Panthers to an outright lead in their division - though you can tell from the overall season point totals that it has indeed been a dog fight all year. It's still pretty unclear who we will face in the first round of the playoffs. Both Chicago and Texas look formidable, but a lot of their wins (esp. referring to Texas) have been against bottom-feeding New Orleans and Winnipeg, so I'd say their prowess is slightly inflated. The Panthers will hope to turn around their recent playoff luck with a big series win next week.

Prompt 2:

It's no secret that Regina has had a pretty tough season so far. It's always tough as an expansion team, and even tougher when two of our top players got called up before the season. Fast forward to the last week of the season and the Elk are on the outside of the playoffs looking in. We are now 6 points back from Anaheim, but also have two games in hand on them. It will be tough to make it, but there's still a slight chance. One good sim day and we could be right back in it.

We were quiet during the trade deadline and did not make any moves, which is probably the best thing we could have done since we are building from within. We had a very good S61 draft, and many of those players will likely hit the 425 cap next season. With another good draft in S63, the Regina Elk could be a pretty competitive team next season.

164 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 05:19 PM by RashfordU.)

Prompt #2 - Trade Deadline / End of Season

Though slightly passed the deadline, there are plenty of things to look forward to in Newfoundland.  The Zerks said goodbye to a good boy named Scooby, a legend who could score goals at will.  He thanked us later as he ended up scoring 2 goals in a sim against us.  We brought in a new teammate for the playoff run.  Which should add a much needed boost to an already exceptional team.

The Zerks have not simmed very well recently, losing goals by 1 goal far too many times.  Boasting a massive goal differential, the team has relied heavily the year on a solid defensive presence, and also look to their quickly growing rookies to keep generating offence.

Key to the Zerk playoff run will be the ever amazing Jonas, who is having an absolutely MVP calibre season, not to mention 7 shutouts which is just insane.  Newman has been a fantastic second option, though, we'd love to know what kinda of LR presence they could bring.

We are currently unsure who we will be matched up with as we appear on track to be sitting with a bye to start the playoffs

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Grizzled vets were no match for us youth. The game wasn’t smooth sailing though as much as we wish it was. The vets figured out our initial strategy of trying to have them over-exert themselves pretty quickly, and they took much smarter plays instead of the more physical or similar play. Then what changed was coach came in at the end of the second period with us down in the score and adapted to our game winning strategy. We just had to inverse the game and play it the way the vets weren’t expecting us to play it. We slowed the game down to a crawl, no home run passes, no blind drops in the offensive zones, just played a super gritty grind and chase hockey that threw them off their game enough to get us the win. As for how we’re going to celebrate this win? Evgeni is going to do keg stands until the cows come home and probably get arrested for something, but man will it be worth it.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

I think I have been saying for a while that the Tampa Bay Barracudas are in great shape to be a good team for a long while, I would not recommend they go and trade to improve the team now as the team is still developing. I expect in the next 2 seasons the team will be top 3 in the league and if managed correctly it can stay that way for a while. I can not see spending any assets to improve the team this season as I expect it would cost the team in future seasons. It already seems clear that we will be playing against Philly this playoffs in round 1. I suspect we can get through them and the platoon will be the big test this playoffs. Last time around we almost got passed Baltimore, but could not finish them off in game 7, I am hoping we can do it this time around.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

We're gonna end up facing Chicago for sure. And while I am looking forward to dueling my brother @Matteo I don't wanna get destroyed round one. But realistically it is what it is. I honestly don't know what direction Eddy will head in. I know that I am here until Rusty is willing to take over. Which is fine by me. I don't really have goals for this player aside from winning. But I don't care enough to chase the cup (or max earn KappaHD). I enjoy Eddy and the LR which is the most important thing. So I hope that they continue in bringing healthy social relations into the LR and don't nessicarly (Yes that's spelled wrong.) only go for people who are max earning. With the team being young, I think we go no where but up from here. We made it far last season and I'm sure that if we can get past Chicago we can make a deep run.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Prompt 2

Well this team is in a weird spot, huh? The New Orleans Specters is probably the youngest team in the league. Steadily earning but that takes a lot of time and there's going to be some growing pains before we get to the promised land. While a trade could potentially help this team in the short term, it would go against the overall strategy of this team to do that. Ideally, this team should be peaking at the same time, or within one or two seasons. A short-term gain would help us win some games and maybe make the playoffs, but it wouldn't lead to a big boost when that championship window finally opens. Draft capital is also critical now, particularly with regression changing and more big-name users coming back into the pool of available players. So I don't think there's a trade in our future, but Joe is a wild card and you never know what might happen.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Prompt 2:

I think that the Hamilton Steelhawks are looking great for their upcoming playoff runs.  All gears are churning, all cylinders firing, we look great on offense and defense.  We have had some struggles against certain teams here and there in the regular season, but nothing to be worried about in my humble opinion.  I think it will be an exciting year in the playoffs, as a lot of teams who traditionally do not have a chance to win later in the season might have a chance this year.  While I do not think Hamilton needs to make any trades, I do think that there will be a number of trades involving future draft picks around this season’s trade deadline.  But then again, it could be one of those situations where we plan an entire sport center day around the deadline and absolutely no trades occur.  Either way, I think the playoffs this year will be awesome.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

I've decided to write about Prompt #2. The Edmonton Blizzard is currently in the beginning of a small retool, so it made sense for us to be towards the bottom of the standings. We didn't make any trades because we didn't want to lose anyone from our great core of users and that's fine with me. As for the playoffs, we'll probably suffer a quick death at the hands of a juggernaut, but maybe, just maybe, our young team could pull an upset ? We'll most likely end up against Chicago, which would ensure us of a quick exit, but eh, what can I do to stop that. As for the future, most of our team is max earning, so we just have to trust the process and keep grinding to have our time at the top of the mountain. Personally, for Kaapo Kampainen, the season has been goodish. Sure, it's always nice to get more points, but I just have to be patient and wait for Kaapo to develop into the monster I want him to be.

177 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

Prompt 1

Up and Comers managed to barely chip out a win against the Grizzled Old Vets but Ignaz Pleyel and his team of young guns were taken by surprise. While it was expected that some old vets would have a few tricks up their sleeve. They were not prepared for how willy these devious old foxes could be. It didn't matter they may have been a step behind when somehow they always ended up being in the right spot for check, a lose puck, a hit or free shot from the slot. But probably the most surprising thing thing about these vets was their old man strength. It's something we had heard about but scoffed at. Seriously old man, passed their prime there's no way they can push us young guns around. Boy were we wrong, that old man strength is real, it didn't seem to matter we could bench and lift more than them. They pushed us off the puck and boxed us out like it was nothing. In the end, we scratched out a 2 - 1 victory but if it wasn't for lady luck being on our side this game would have been very different.

(196 words)

[Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: oMh09WY.png] [Image: pxjucze.png]