Create Account

Christmas Eve: Jakobsen Interview

Mikael Jakobsen Christmas Eve Interview
[Image: e9799b5d90109caefd2a988c1ed49d62.gif]

Ho, ho, ho! What a wonderful time of year it is. I hope everyone is doing great, that you're healthy, happy and safe and we're all looking forward to Christmas. We're those people that go above and beyond for Christmas. We got 3 trees in our house - one in the bed room, one in the guest room and one in our main living area downstairs! Our house is decorated from top to bottom and we're super excited for Santa to pay us a visit tonight. Christmas is one of those times of years when everything seems just way more happy and everything is so bright and beautiful. I know not everyone loves it and all of that, but the overall vibe of the world is always more happy and beautiful. For the SHL side of things, the "BANACKOCK" agency and their player Mikael Jakobsen are both excited for the arrival of Santa but also extremely excited for the upcoming junior draft, their futures in the league and just developing themselves to be strong candidates for everything that comes their way. I've written a 3,000+ word article that will be released in some time (it's completed and waiting on the right time.. if you know what I mean $$$), but wanted to starting engaging with the community and managers so we can start our climb to becoming SHL champions and hopefully Hall of Famers. For the questions below, I will do my best to answer what I think GM's may be interested in! With that being said, let's go.

1. Why did you leave the SHL (the most recent time)?
I've been so used to STHS that I wasn't sure if I was going to like the FHM you've been using. I joined this league back in S4 and even before that, in all of my GM leagues, it's always been STHS. Even when you're playing Xbox or PlayStation, you're so used to stats running from like 40-99... so for them to run from 4 to 20 is pretty damn weird for me! At the time, it was too big of a change and while I did give it a small chance, at the end of the day it kind of killed the vibe and all the history I had with the league that I was so used to, so I called it quits.

2. Why did you come back?
In a way, kind of what I said in the first question. I'm curious about FHM. I want to see how it works. I want to see if it's better. I want to give it a better chance. The biggest reason though is 99% nostalgia. I got thinking about the league. I like how you don't have to mandatory quit after 8-9 seasons like the VHL does. You have more control over what you do, how you can be and how long you can go. You can chase records, hold records and do all of that stuff. In terms of this aspect of the difference in leagues, that offers more realism for me. I'd say nostalgia is, again, 99% nostalgia. Even looking back on all my old posts from S5, S17 and all the other seasons was fun and made me want to create one more player and really go out with a bang.

3. The player's last name seems familiar when also included with you. Why?
The last name Jakobsen was the name of my player that played from S17 to S30 or something like that. It was a player that I tried really hard on at the start, was doing amazing and then for some reasons I fell of the wagon and left the SHL for a bit. He ended up in the HOF but his career could of been so much better if things went differently with the consistency and effort at the end. It had to be done, but it's too bad. Mikael Jakobsen is SHL HoFer's Magnus Jakobsen's son! His play style will be similar/

4. What can GM's expect from your player?
Loyalty if the team is playing right, the team is heading in the right direction and everything is good. Goals, as long as my player clicks, his build is good and all of that. I want to be a hitting forward that can score some big goals. Ovechkin is one of my favorite players (I have an autographed jersey of his etc) and I'm in a way building to be like him. He will be able to pass and play defensively but his sole focus is on scoring goals! Of course, he also wants to win so is always willing to work with the team (to an extent).

5. Do you care where you're drafted to in the juniors?
Not really. I've been so disconnected for so long that I don't really have a preference. I didn't even know Maine Timbers were a team or anything ;ike that and apparently Prince George Firebirds are gone? That's a shame and super surprising that we would remove such a cool long and team name from history... I still remember all the battles back in the day against them and the Kelowna Knights + St. Louis Scarecrows... my first player ever was drafted 1st overall to the Anaheim Outlaw in S5 or something like that, so going there would be neat. A majority of my players have also played for the Whalers, so that too would be cool. At the end of the day though, whoever is able to help me scores goals and win, that's where I want to be.

Closing Statement:
That's it for now. It gives GM's some idea but I would still like to talk to some too. I've enjoyed the discussions with the teams I've spoken to so far and look forward to all future discussions with junior teams and SHL teams! I'm super excited with this player and am hoping he turns out to be a huge star in both leagues! If any teams ever want to have a discussion with me, feel free to PM, however, faster discussions will be had on Discord (Banackock#6861). MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! Super excited. I hope everyone has an amazing night, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.... enjoy the food... I'm Ukrainian... I'm PUMPED!!!

Thank You,
B

Quote:1,055 words

@BANACKOCK welcome back

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

12-24-2021, 06:20 PMMerica Wrote: @BANACKOCK welcome back

Thank you! Fun to see you around still. Merry Christmas! ?

12-24-2021, 07:28 PMBANACKOCK Wrote:
12-24-2021, 06:20 PMMerica Wrote: @BANACKOCK welcome back

Thank you! Fun to see you around still. Merry Christmas!

Fhm fuckin sucks lol

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

12-24-2021, 08:07 PMSlashACM Wrote: Fhm fuckin sucks lol

Shhhh… let me find this out the hard way Laughing