Create Account

S65 PT #2: Matinée

Noon games are always a weird one for prep, I know goalies often get injured more often in early games, but as a skater it is less impactful as far as I can tell. Personally it does throw me off a bit because I normally have dinner at 5 pm and I have a couple hours for that to settle before the game but for noon games I find that I have to have a late breakfast instead so that I have the time for it to settle and lunch doesn't really happen until after the game. It really isn't a big deal to have these early games for me personally, but I always prefer to play the 7pm games. That being said we have several different timezones and the time for games is always a bit different depending on where we are playing. Our home arena is eastern, but there are games on the west coast too and those throw this off anyways. Now a noon game on the west coast would really throw me off.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Creative Prompt

The games would be switched from three twenty minute periods to two thirty minute periods with a nap time in between.  The nap break would be two hour longs and players would be required assist with preparing sandwiches for the afternoon tea that would take place at the end of the second half.

All season ticket holders would also receive complementary health and dental insurance.  This new all in one program is in partnership with Northern Light Health Care, the newest sponsor of the Winnipeg Aurora.  Season ticket holders would be auto-enrolled, and this coverage would not affect their private providers.

The jerseys would also be switched out for knitted sweaters that local grandmothers have made for the team.  Visiting teams would also be required to follow in their home teams footsteps and provide their own knitted jerseys.  

Lastly, players would also be offering shuttles to and from the rink for the VIP ticket holders.  This new person to person relationship would be the backbone of driving in increased sales and ticket holder retainment

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Creative Prompt:

The first thing to consider is music and acoustics (cause old people). But here's the funny thing: somebody who is 60 years old was born in 1962. That means they were 18 in 1980 and presumably listening to the popular music at that time. At first I thought oh, old people, Frank Sinatra and Perry Como, right? But realistically, all the classic rock music they play in the arena is already in the wheelhouse of these seniors. So, if anything, we need to play MORE classic rock and pop. Did someone say Bee Gees? Also, do you turn the music up because they can't hear or do you turn the music down because "it's too loud in there?"

The next promotion would be "Free Eyeglasses" night. As we all know, SWAG is fun to get and even more fun if it's useful. All these old people need eyeglasses to see, so we'll give out reading glasses to read our awesome roster and lineup cards. 

(WC: 164)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

"All SHL games now must start at noon to correspond with our new marketing campaign to get more 60+ fans into the game and league."

"I don't know Mark, I don't think we can do intermission entertainment for 60+. They hate everything, don't they?"

"Shouldn't be too hard, just entertain them like they did back when they were younger."

"We can allow racism and sexism at the arena. Jesus fuck Mark."

"No you dumb fuck, not that stuff. Bring back the in arena organ. Get someone that can play all the hits in the 70s. Instead of the hotdog cannon, it's a brick of bran cannon. No t-shirt tosses, it's blanket tosses. The best part about the blanket toss, it still works for kids. Those little shits love blankets. Think with your head."

"Oh I get it. Instead of beer, we sell milk in a glass bottle. Allow the upper bowl to smoke in the arena.'

"Now we're getting somewhere!"

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Prompt 2

Games being at noon is not going to be a significant different for Sven’s pre-game routine. The main difference will be that now Sven is no longer going to be taking a nap before his pre-game ritual and instead will sleep in to about 9’oclock to begin his pre-game ritual. Traditionally after waking up from his hour and a half nap, Sven prepares for the game by doing a quick 30-minute yoga stretching session where he can get his muscles loose and limber as well as focus on his breathing and calm any nerves he might be feeling. These days as a veteran and former MVP, his nerves are pretty much a thing of the past. After he completes his yoga, Sven moves on to his pre-game meal eating routine. It’s difficult for Sven to eat enough food before the game to satisfy himself throughout the whole game but not to each too much so that he is feeling heavy before the game. Sven typically eats a chicken, steak, or fish meal with lots of green vegetables and side of rice.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Noon!?  That’s just perfect.  To quote Benjamin Franklin “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”  With games being at noon now instead of at 7:00pm, the pregame meal of some Fazolis is replaced with an awesome breakfast of Belgian waffles topped with blueberries (sometimes replaced with crepes.  Who doesn’t love really really thin pancakes?). On top of the pregame meal change the other added bonus of getting up earlier for a game is the fact that I can get to the arena with less traffic to worry about.  Also, if I want to get a jog in, it’s much cooler to do in the pre-Dawn hours than in the middle of the day.  Also, with games getting over earlier in the day, most of us on Tampa can go out and linger at a nice dinner for longer than we normally could.  You know, early games might just be a win win in the long run.

WSBL PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Creative prompt.

If you're going to get the seniors into the place, the first thing you have to do is make an Early Bird Special. Sure, you're starting everything at noon but you have to reward the folks who get their butts in the seats early because seniors love a good deal. So those who show up before 11am get a voucher for $2 off any one item at the concession stand. Only two dollars? Look, seniors just want a good deal, it doesn't have to be a great deal. And if you gave them a coupon for dinner after the game? Even better. Partner with a local Chinese restaurant or something, preferably some place that has their own Early Bird Special. Then upon leaving, give folks the coupon for 10% off this restaurant. Just make sure that the restaurant can handle the influx of people because all those seniors are definitely going to be trying to get that deal (that is, if they're anything like the folks who live in the South Florida retirement community where my grandparents reside). More than anything in this world, seniors love good deals. Other than that, maybe have an associated Mahjong tournament or something; I know my grandmother is pretty into playing that with her friends.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Prompt 2 and basically I do not think the time change actually affects Jon Forty One. He has been going for 16 seasons in just the majors alone. He has seen damn near anything and everything a veteran player can and he ritual is just a basic meditation for not very long. It helps calm him down or at the very least not attack the wrong people. Being a cultist he has strong beliefs in what he believes so I would say that whilst he never got past his anger issues he at least points it in the correct direction these days and helping Clagary and Montreal has been quite fun albeit will prolly just be counted as filler.

Point is the time of the games will not really change much for him at all but I could see that being a huge issue for a lot of former players he did play with but since I am retiring very soon, not his problem anymore really.

[166 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Code:
Written Task:  Many professional athletes have a pretty strict regimen to prepare for games. When games start at 7PM that gives you a lot of time to fit in all your little rituals and pre-game prep. But... games start at noon now. So how are you going to adapt? What does your player normally do to get ready for games, and how are you going to adjust your schedule to get yourself ready 7 hours earlier? Is this a welcome change for your player? Or is this a huge wrench in the system? (150+ words)

Holden Steady's pregame routine would probably benefit from being moved up to a noon start. On a typical night with an evening start, Steady will eat a full country breakfast two hours before puck drop. We're talking the works here: eggs, bacon, french toast, buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy, and a full pot of coffee. Sometimes, especially on the road, he's had to make some compromises on this routine since most places don't serve breakfast that late. It impacts his performance - every bad game Steady has had was preceded by a missing ingredient in the breakfast platter of hockey greatness. Starting games at noon means that he'll be sitting down to a glorious morning banquet at 10AM sharp, which is a perfectly reasonable time of day for any restaurant to be serving what Holden calls "the only food worth being called food."

The early end to the games also means that he'll be able to go out and celly with the boys and still tuck in for a full eight hours of rest every night. Honestly, why haven't we made this change already?

(183 words)

Player Prompt:

I would much rather play games at noon. I am always up very early and rather than spending 12+ hours making myself anxious I would rather head to the rink and play. I think it would be great for the coaching as well; you can head to the practice rink after an ugly loss and do drills while everything is fresh in your head. As for a routine, I would still wake up at 4 or 5 AM and have some coffee and breakfast before going for my morning run. I'd do some video scouting of the opponents and maybe sit down with some coaches and go over some things. Then I would head to the trainer's room and get a light massage to loosen myself up and go through my rigorous stretching regimen. After that, it's a good team warm-up in the halls and getting ourselves mentally prepared by listening to some Shania Twain at max volume. Yeah, I think I would like to play at noon more than most but I'm an old man at heart.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Player Prompt

Cillian Kavanagh is what you would call, someone who enjoys their sleep. Noon games are the bane of his existence. Young high school Cillian used to loathe getting up early for practice before school and would often miss in order to catch more Z's. This would not be acceptable later in his career - once in college, Cillian would often get benched for missing practice due to oversleeping. So you can imagine when the SHL announced that games will be beginning at 12 noon instead of 7pm, this was a difficult pill to swallow for Cillian. In order to prepare for the early morning wake-up/morning skate, Cillian would force himself to lay in bed with no distractions no later than 10pm to try to fall asleep. TEX coach demands players to be on the ice for 7am in preparation for the early afternoon tilt. Cillian has definitely become more used to this over the years however is looking forward to having his long nights back as retirement looms around the corner. 

Word Count: 171

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Creative prompt:

It's not that hard to advertise noon games, especially with having the option to do noon stuff finally. Just think about it, what better ways of advertising at times like this are, than having the best lunch and bbq ever at every home game. Everybody loves to eat, and it gets even more submissive when you have delicious stuff. Maybe you don't even need that deliciousness in your food, but advertise a big fat bbq and everybody is in. 
A prompt like that could work:
Come watch Inferno today
the bbq is on its way
This slogan of course is like a magnet, as it's pure honesty and simple. That way, the Atlanta Inferno are the first team to do it like that and most other franchises will follow once they see how successful that is. People really do like having a bbq, I am no exception here, so I am really sure that this will work pretty well.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Player Prompt, written:

Manon likes time to herself, and when games usually start at 7pm, it gave her as much time as she could ever need to get into the correct headspace. Now, games are starting at noon, and this puts a massive dent in her time to get prepared for the games ahead. However, Manon has been rather resilient with her time and adaptations since she was in juniors. Though this change in time is not as welcomed, it gives her more of an advantage in the morning. She can now wake up earlier for her run, which subjected her to more of the early morning world, something she wasn’t complaining about. She feels like she has more energy being at the rink this early with the team, everything and everyone seems more alive…well, mostly everyone. Though in many ways this is a step down from 7 hours of preparation, this has her head in the game a lot quicker. Manon feels more alive and ready to get out on the ice than before it seems.

(176 words)

WSBL PT Affiliate

[Image: blasoon.gif]