Create Account

Montreal Patriotes Forwards

(this was supposed to be finished by the start of the season but I got busy so now here it is near the end of the regular season… oopsies…)
To win games, you have to score…
Obviously.
Montreal in their history has not won many games, but that tide is shifting and their forward core is one of the reasons to be excited as the veteran players stay strong as their prospects and young guns move up the ranks in the Simulation Hockey League
It’s important to look at Montreal’s history before we look at their future.
Montreal Patriotes Regular Season History 
S60: 22 - 39 - 5 (49 Points, 5th in Division, 16th in League)
S61: 20 - 40 - 6 (46 Points, 5th in Division, 18th in League)
S62: 11 - 52 - 3 (25 Points, 5th in Division, 18th in League)
S63: 14 - 48 - 4 (32 Points, 5th in Division, 18th in League)
S64: 23 - 39 - 4 (50 Points, 3rd in Division, 15th in League)
S65: 16 - 44 - 6 (38 Points, 4th in Division, 18th in League)
S66: 39 - 22 - 5 (83 Points, 2nd in Division, 8th in League)
Montreal has not been good in their history. Before Season 66 they never ranked higher than 15th in the league, and even when they did place 15th league wide, they still only got 3rd in their division. Montreal has been re(is it even rebuilding if they’re an expansion team?)building for 5 seasons and now their rebuild is nearly, if not fully complete. It’s clear to say that Montreal had a huge leap forward going into Season  66, evident by them breaking their franchise record as a team in Wins and Points, as well as finishing in the highest spots they ever had in both their division (2nd place) and in the entire league (8th). Was this season just a fluke? It’s impossible to tell before Season 67 gets underway but it would be hard to say that Montreal didn’t deserve the success they received after several seasons of being a bottom feeder team in the SHL.
Montreal Patriotes Playoffs History 
S64: First Round Exit in 4 vs Hamilton Steelhawks 
S66: First Round Exit in 6 vs Toronto North Stars
Montreal had only made the postseason once before Season 66, and it ended up in a first round sweep against Hamilton. Season 66 went a little better for the Patriotes, winning a playoff game, two actually, for the first time in their 7 season history. Montreal is going to be expected to be a playoff team for years to come, so it’s rather hard to look back on their history when they’re still in the first chapter of writing it. 
Montreal Patriotes Forwards 
Dwayne Gretzky - 1763 TPE - LW
S64: WPG | 23 G | 48 P | -21 | 109 BLK | 119 HIT |
S65: WPG | 31 G | 51 P | +9 | 127 BLK | 107 HIT |
S66: MTL | 39 G | 89 P | +13 | 53 BLK | 71 HIT |
Acquired going into Season 66, Dwayne Gretzky is the Patriotes points leader. His production jumped over 40 points, mostly coming from a huge jump in the amount of assists he’s able to get. His scoring only went up 8 goals this year however. I'm not saying Dwayne didn’t get better going into Season 66, but he was helped in his stats by his new team being better at scoring from his passes than his old one.
Roderic Banes - 1680 TPE - LW
S64: MTL | 11 G | 44 P | -35 | 132 BLK | 136 HIT |
S65: MTL | 23 G | 63 P | -24 | 150 BLK | 148 HIT |
S66: MTL | 31 G | 88 P | +24 | 64 BLK | 118 HIT |
Banes has now been on the Patriotes for a couple years and his stats have been steadily getting better every year. He’s jumped around 20 points for the past two years, however you’d expect that growth to slow down going into Season 67 because getting another jump like that and getting over 100 points would be absolutely insane. It’s safe to say though Banes shouldn’t have an issue producing a lot of points this season as well.
Sconnie McHits - 1394 TPE - LW
S64: N/A
S65: SEA | 13 G | 42 P | +21 | 65 BLK | 51 HIT |
S66: MTL | 27 G | 83 P | +17 | 35 BLK | 115 HIT |
McHits was a Season 66 acquisition for the Patriotes and his production nearly doubled from his rookie season in Seattle. He also lived up to his name, getting 100 more hits this season as well. Once again its almost impossible to say McHits will have another huge production jump like this but its not impossible that a smaller one happens.
Mads McBride - 1007 TPE - LW
S65: N/A
S66: MTL | 31 G | 54 P | +21 | 10 BLK | 99 HIT |
Rookie captain last year, McBride had an insane season for a rookie. Nearly a point per game it’s clear that McBride will pass that threshold and most likely by a wide margin. 99 hits as a rookie forward with his production is also very good, meaning the young guy wasn’t afraid of using his body to get the puck
Shylo Moxii - 930 TPE - C
S66: N/A
Why didn’t I just use Shylo’s SMJHL stats? I didn’t feel like finding them…(sorry Shylo). It’s well known however Moxii is an extremely high potential prospect, and could be a huge part of the Patriotes team this year. It’s hard to say because you never know how a rookie will perform but don’t be surprised if he surpasses McBride’s rookie year.
Valters Denisova - 928 TPE - C
S66: MTL | 17 G | 47 P | -6 | 47 BLK | 59 HIT |
Another young guy, and the only forward on the Patriotes to have a negative Plus/Minus (this guy sucks). Densiova didn’t have the greatest rookie year but putting up 47 points is still impressive, with 30 of those coming from assists since he still can’t score. I wouldn’t expect a huge growth in scoring but Montreal will be hoping for an overall improvement in his game.
Krišs Dārziņš - 1185 TPE - RW
S64: MTL | 35 G | 57 P | -35 | 145 BLK | 132 HIT |
S65: MTL | 19 G | 48 P | -32 | 102 BLK | 127 HIT |
S66: MTL | 47 G | 87 P | +29 | 46 BLK | 109 HIT |
Another player who had an insane jump in production during season 66, Darzins (I’m not writing out all your accents) is another huge producer for the Patriotes. An insane nearly 30 goal jump with 30 assists as well makes Darzins a force to be reckoned with. Again there’s not much further a player can go from nearly 90 points, but even if his production slowed a little, it would still be enough with how stacked the team is this year 
Alexander Mackenzie - 886 TPE - RW
S65: MTL | 10 G | 24 P | -48 | 116 BLK | 50 HIT |
S66: MTL | 20 G | 63 P | +30 | 48 BLK | 70 HIT |
Mack isn’t the highest point producer, but he is a very good depth piece for the Patriotes to have. Not all players will be able to be 80-90 point players but nearly a point per game for a depth piece is absolutely worth it.
Tim Riggins - 621 TPE - RW
S65: MTL | 9 G | 19 P | -55 | 26 BLK | 85 HIT |
S66: MTL | 16 G | 40 P | 0 | 21 BLK | 109 HIT |
Riggins is a solid player and again, a really good depth piece to have for the patriotes. Being their lowest TPE and lowest scoring forward doesn’t really matter when he’s still putting up 40 points and 100 hits in a season. The patriotes not only have strength in their top lines, but their depth is sure to make a difference, and Riggins is a big part of it. 
(Funny story I was actually also gonna look at defenders but they too hard and scary because that’s even more people I would have to talk about and I’m too lazy and just want my fake internet hockey money teehee)

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]