Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

For the Kezia MacKenzie Hockey School Inc. (all rights reserved), the emphasis will be on providing a place to learn the game of hockey in an welcoming and inclusive environment, and one where affordability, accountability, and instilling good values and practices will be of the utmost priority. Each day will start with a hearty snack and warmup on the state of the art workout equipment featured at the facility, before students take the ice with our knowledgeable and well trained staff. The classes of approximately 15-30 kids will begin going through a curated slate of drills that will hone their skills in skating, shooting, saving, crosschecking, tripping, hitting, complaining to the officials, icing the puck, committing delay of game penalties, chirping the other team, flipping off the fans, purposely dislodging the net, purposely dislodging the shoulder of an opposing player, and most importantly, beating up racist homophobic fucks who say slurs on ice. (153 words)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Noel is from France which is not usually considered much of a hockey hotbed. However he moved to New Brunswick during his childhood as his mother is from Bathurst. His dad was a professional rugby player in France (and he is where Noel gets his fine genetics from), but rugby wasn't super popular there, especially amongst the kids. So he ended up deciding he wanted to play hockey as that's what all his friends were interested in. He became quite good quite quickly thanks to his physical traits and athletic nature. He didn't really go to many hockey schools, he mostly just rose through the rep programs in NB until eventually he was drafted into the SMJHL and moved to Colorado to play for the Raptors. He didn't attend the summer hockey schools that many of his teammates did as he enjoyed playing other sports outside of hockey, like baseball and the previously mentioned rugby.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

At my hockey school, there will be no fun activities, there will be only getting pucks deep drills, teaching people to play a simple north-south game, and how to play as a team and work on simple but effective plays that can win hockey games. I think it is something that the steelhawks have to work on, we need to be a better checking team, as we allowed too many goals and too many shots against them. I think we need to help b job out more and defend better. People say teaching these sorts of things will help you learn and be better at it so thats why i would be forcing it onto a bunch of kids instead of teaching them the finer skills in hockey. plus I have a big shut down defender its not like i can teach the skill movesd in hockey like other players

[Image: hallsy.png]