Create Account

Grizzlies Season Review (2x Draft Media) 1098 Words
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 05:33 PM by Duga. Edited 1 time in total.)

Great Falls Grizzlies 
21-16-3 | 45 PTS | 0.563
40 Games Played

End of Year record
42-19-5 | 89 PTS | 0.674

I will say these articles will be broken down throughout the year so near the end ill be coming back to take another look and have more to talk about when the season is over.
It won't be as much of a breakdown as we did for the 40 game review but just showing where we finished and who was top point scorer.

So far the season has had its ups and downs for example we were hoping to be competing at the top 5 ish area in the league right now we are sitting in 
8th place, which isn't that far from where we wanna be but just not close enough. We're sitting at 21-16-3 which gives us 45 PTS and 1st place in our
division. I will say that we aren't far off of 5th as they are only 4 PTS ahead of us but we're 40 games in out of 66 and are entering that crunch time
where it's do or die really. Being first in the division means you get a playoff spot, yes but I want a cup, not 2nd place not 3rd place, 1st that is my goal and
we are going to get it. If not this year that's okay I have more time to develop into that star player to help us push even harder. Now let's take a look at how the players have been doing. Our 1st line Center Hai Nam Hoang is on a tear this season racking up a total of 19 Goals and 33 Assists for  52 Points in 40 games. Every time I look at this it makes me more and more speechless I really don't know what to say they're really speaking for themselves when they play like this game in and game out. Tiberius Kane has player amazing on the 1st line RW position, They've truly been able to find their way on this line it's crazy to see the amount of work they put in, Kanes got 14 Goals and 24 Assists for 38 Points in 40 games the way this line just clicks is mesmerizing. Bobby McGinnis our Captain is the 1st LW and again this line is just crazy I don't know what to say, They've got 12 Goals and 23 Assists for 35 Points. James Dion is the RW on the 2nd line and they have been putting in work with 8 Goals and 26 Assists for 34 Points absolutely remarkable. Loosh O'Sullivan the Center for the 2nd line has really clicked with this line having 17 Goals and 15 Assists for 32 Points in 40 games, the way the team has been able to work is just incredible. Since we traded for Hill and Rose we've seen a burst of momentum threw out the team we've been able to make our plays work on the ice and everything is seeming to click together. Hill has 13 Goals and 18 Assists for 31 points, and Rose has 8 Goals and 15 Assists for 23 Points both have really helped out the team with the work they've already put in. Nino Di Giuseppe has been doing it all recently able to block shots lay the body score and dish the puck just remarkable work by the young defencemen They've got 6 Goals and 21 Assists for 27 Points. Theodor Larsson has truly shown why he belongs in this league being able to put up 14 Goals and 9 Assists for 23 Points. Kyle Latreille has taken his game to the next level and truly stepped up from the start of the season, He's been able to put up 11 Goals and  11 Assists for 22 Points on the year which may not be a lot but he's been able to step up in a different area of the game to for example he has a total of 88 Hits when he's not on the bigger side so it shows he's not scared to lay the body even with the big guys, He doesn't have a lot of blocks but a total of 18 which isn't bad for a smaller guy. Chris Valentine has been a force to reckon with being able to block and hit it's been incredible to see them grow. They've got 4 Goals and 17 Assists for 21  Points. Matt Ox Has stood strong as our 3rd-line LD they've got a total of 2 Goals and 14 Assists for 16 points, but that's, not all they've done tho, They are really strong on the body and won't shy away from blocking shots. Pork Tenderloin is our 2nd line RD they've been able to pair really good with Newland they've been 2 walls recently Tenderloins got 5 Goals and 11 Assists for 16 points. Neal Newland like I said has been a wall they've been a force these past 40 games, Total of 4 Goals and 10 Assists for 14 Points. Joshua Weber fills out our 3rd line pairing and They've played great threw the course of the season with 2 Goals and 10 Assists for 12 Points.

Bandit Heeler has been our starting goalie for the season and they've stood on their head with an S% of 0.901, 2.64 goals against average with 28 games played.
Copernicus Doomslatter has been a solid backup with 13 games played they've got an S% of 0.876 and 3.1 goals against average.
C.J. Sparks has played 1 game and gotten 1 shutout pretty well if you ask me.
(40 GAMES REVIEW)

We’ve reached playoffs it's time to truly put our work to the test to see if it's paid off, After the 66 regular season games ended Grizzlies ended up finishing 4th in the standings and had a record of 42-19-5, I was really happy with the finish I feel like the team played their hearts out and we were able to make a hard fight back to reach the top 5 which is really amazing.
Hai Nam Hoang had a total of 30 goals 57 assists for 87 points, Truly did everything they could for us and we couldn't be happier with their performance.

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)