Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2: Whalers S71 Class
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2023, 10:53 AM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

For my first Deep Dive, I took a look at the league as a whole. Today, I’ll be narrowing my focus to only the Vancouver Whalers, specifically the S71 class. The Whalers have managed to get 6, yes, SIX actives in the latest draft and waivers, and each of them will play an integral role in the team success this season and hopefully for a few seasons to come. Lets have a look at who they are.

First is Bob Wehadababyitsaboy, a defenseman from user @Inf1d3l. Bob was the first overall pick in the draft, and he has a solid amount of TPE. He hasn’t been completely max earning, but he is a respected member of the league who is dedicated to his player, so it shouldn’t be much of an issue. He still has well over 200 TPE so he is earning at a decent clip regardless. He has been doing well in the sim, both contributing a bit on offense but moreso holding down the defense. He leads the SMJHL in takeaways and has been an integral part of a defense that is not a strong point for the Whalers. Bob W. is definitely looking to change that!

Next let’s look at Inactive Forever, a right wing from user Kit. @kit is an awesome guy and great to have around in the locker room. Despite the name of his player, he is not inactive. He is max earning. This kind of offensive force that will eventually hit the TPE cap, likely by season’s end is exactly what Vancouver needs. He has been producing so far this season too, with 13 goals and adding 14 helpers as well in just 33 games. He also has a positive +/- despite most of the team having a negative stat here. If Forever keeps this level of development and play up, he could be leading the offense for a couple more seasons!

Now let's look at Bellamy Blake, a defenseman from user RainDelay (hey that’s me!). Blake is a centerpiece of this team for sure, and he is also earning at a maximum clip. Blake has been a force in keeping the locker room active, and encouraging his teammates to max earn. He’s also bringing it on the offensive side of the ice too, with passing as his best attribute. GM Aleks is using Blake in a quarterback role as a defenseman and he is killing it. As he continues to update and develop, Blake could potentially carry this team to new heights in an Adam Fox or Cale Makar type role. I know he wants to be sent down for a couple seasons and get a cup with Vancouver!

The final recreate that the Whalers took is Johnny Fourstar, a left wing from user @Whikadoodle. Another guy who was drafted based on name and history, he hasn’t let the Whalers down with this player. Another winger who is actively updating and also performing within the sim, Vancouver faithful have to be happy with this pick. He has 25 points in 33 games and despite the lower TPE numbers, all these guys seem to be showing up and showing out.

Now onto the new guys. First up is Thomas Liebold, a right winger from user @Hungy Fella . Liebold is absolutely THE steal of the draft. Teams had no idea about this dude, but he has come out of virtually nowhere to become one of the best players and top earners in this draft. Sometimes having a low profile can be beneficial. If Liebold continues this way, he could become an absolute star in this league, and to think the Whalers got him so late. It’s truly amazing, and hopefully he’s Hungy for a cup!

And finally, I’d be remiss if I didn’t talk about the Whalers prized waiver acquisition, Ryan Quintana-Green, defenseman from user @Crash_Conrad. Conrad is my cousin in real life, so when he joined the league, I knew that the Whalers had to jump on this chance to get a crazy steal. And what a steal he is becoming. He is working his way up the class in terms of TPE earned despite being a very late create, he even just bought the highest level of SMJHL equipment. A playmaking defenseman, he and Bellamy Blake will look to control the pace and tempo of the offense for seasons to come. RQG’s effects are just beginning to be felt within the sim, but his time is definitely coming, sooner rather than later.

I hope you enjoyed this deep dive into the Whalers’ rookie class. @aleks and @ArmTheSharks should be very very happy, because this is one hell of a group!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

:]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Approved, +5 TPE to @RainDelay

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Great read, Lets go Whalers!

go whale

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]