Create Account

S72 SMJHL mPT#2 - Party Time!
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 01:48 PM by Pyro182. Edited 4 times in total.)

The SMJHL is throwing a party and your team has the privilege of being the band. 
Written: who on your team would play what instruments, what kind of music you would play, what your band would be named, and how you think the night would go.
Graphic: Create a graphic showing your player/team playing instruments or posing as a band.
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Only S72 SMJHL Rookies (S73 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, August 6th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Kelowna would be a folksy jam band that mostly sings about moose, mountains, and makin' love. Everyone would be on an acoustic guitar or an improvised percussion piece like spoons or a washboard, leading to a true cacaphony of sounds, made all the better (worse?) by Jonas joining on his accordian, the only instrument he can play. Everyone on stage would have a great time. They would not be invited back.

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

As mentioned in the latest edition of The Hoot, the free unofficial Citadelles magazine, Ryland Murphy and Nico Nurminen have started their own band along with some of the other rookies on the team. They will play normal band instruments and play many different kinds of songs. The name has not been decided yet.

Malamutes The 'Mutes  Malamutes
Through the offseason and pre-season, the Malamutes have been training for this moment. Tonight, at SMJHL's Battle of the Bands, The 'Mutes saw their live debut - the Yukon Malamutes' team band, featuring every team member in (semi-)harmony. And boy oh boy, they stole the show! Showing a wide range of vocals and appeasing to a wide audience, the 'Mutes performed hits such as Hallelujah, Somebody That I Used to Know, Don't Worry Be Happy, Papaoutai, and even a cover of Rockstar by Nickelback!

If not enough for the team to steal the show, they took the opportunity to display the reason behind the band name. The team came together to play on the team name, Malamutes, with the goal of bringing a voice to, and amplifying the voices of those who are mute. After their short set list, the team used the opportunity for "encores" to raise money for Insert Organization Here.*

When asked about his thoughts on how the event went, Kristian Seppanen  said, "I'm not much of a singer, so when I moved to Yukon, I never thought this would be what I would be doing. But, if getting up there, having fun with teammates, and raising money for a good cause wasn't enough, I've got a bit of a competitive side - so the locker room doesn't know this, but I've been practicing every day singing in the shower to make myself be in the best position to help the team out - and look where it got us."

Seppanen's commitment to the cause extends on ice too - in the pre-game skate, Seppanen ensures he is the last off the ice, and uses his final moment of glory with the fans' attention to sign a new sentence each game, based on what he has been learning.

When asked why Seppanen is doing this, he kept it short and sweet - "Hockey is for everybody."

(*I don't actually know of which charities in this area are good/effective, otherwise I would post links - however I don't wish to direct individuals to charity organizations that may not be effective or live up to their mission. However, if anybody has any recommendations to pass along, I would be more than happy to edit my post to include appropriate links.)
(**Plz task grader don't hate me I thought it said 250 words at first)

Well I think Great Falls Grizzlies would definitely need a punk band with Billy Hill as our leading singer and somehow I think RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 should be on drums. Name could be something like "Already more than 25 words".

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Bands are stupid. Most of the music the world creates is garbage. Regina is better than that. Jasper Wahls is a one man band. He plays the piano, the acoustic guitar, the upright base, and the harmonica. He plays harmless, clean, and somewhat annoying bluegrass.

[Image: 1542603263658.png]

I would be headlining the show. Acoustic concert by karey.

Somewhere, @TnlAstatine has audio evidence of a song I wrote while in Buffalo . It’s a bonafide hit.

Band name would be "A Flock of Falcons."
The Murray on Drums
Zedward Zilliams on triangle
Prince Marius on guitarr
Mephistopheles Morgonstjärna on Vocals
and last but not least Kenny Omega on bass guitarr.

RETIRED

The Falcons would be bringing a good party atmosphere, but probably be a little unusual on stage. I’m thinking 80s rock band plus synthesizers? Slap the album art for Screaming for Vengeance on a banner. Who knows, maybe we get an alternate jersey with the band's logo?

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

The Carolina Kraken presents “Buncha Misfits”. This band specializes in covers of songs from your favorite country artists. Buncha Misfits features, Rence Skyut on Wood Frog Guiro Rasp, Sith Happens on Kazoo, Alexandros Mograine beatboxing, Betzee Nickelback on the Thumb Piano Kalimba, and Westley Kirkpatrick on the bongo.

If you are tone deaf you will love Buncha Misfits. If you are not tone deaf then please buy tomatoes from Frenchie.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 05:34 PM by MartinLK.)

The band name will be Knights of the sound
I would be DJ
AustralianKek will be guitarist
And CptSquall will be singing
Best songs Rumble, War Sounds

The Newfoundland Berserkers would be playing some fancy pop music. The band would be called The Zerks. Sad Ketchup would be playing the trombone. Defenseman Ondrej von Stoodrick would be playing the electric guitar and Heem Team would be the lead singer.

Code:
40 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Jussi Mutou, Xavier Beausoleil, James MacAvoy, Drew Sureshot, and Shoresy Wobet would make up a funk band called Jurassic Funk. It’s basically just a ton of saxophones. Entire crowd is walking out 30 seconds into the opening song.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

I will go ahead and nominate our goalie Jaxon Markstrom  to run a fire Dj Table. Maybe run us some good house music and keep the party going late into the Night. I Have no idea why but just seems right.

[Image: smith2.png]

I think that personal Mike Badcock my self would be good at plan singing and I would do ok on nights more of old time singer. And My teamate Prince would play guitar with a bunch of people in rock band while an bunch of people are singing